FITT American Classics Shootout - Winners announced! Congrats NEWDRIVER2 and Motor City Hami!

After trying to tune the Nova and failing badly I thought I'd give the Ford GT40 a go and I think this might be my tune for the shootout, I may do a slow car since I have time.

It doesn't say anything about aero in the OP so I'm guessing it's okay . . . (if it's not I'll edit my post - I tuned without and added the aero after anyways)

Ford GT40 Mark I '66

City of Arts and Sciences - Night.jpg

Parts to buy:

Aero Kit Type A
Generic Wing Type D
American Racing VINTAGE TORQ THRUST Rims painted Matte Black (from either LFA)
Moulin Rouge paintjob (bought from the Plymouth Superbird)
Fully Customisable Suspension
Racing Brake Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Fully Customisable Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
DO NOT DO AN OIL CHANGE or it won't get to 500PP

The tune:

Suspension:
Ride Height: 60 :: 64
Spring Rate: 7.08 :: 6.27
Dampers (Compression): 4 :: 4
Dampers (Extension): 3 :: 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 :: 4
Camber Angle: 1.0 :: 0.0
Toe Angle: 0.00 :: 0.00

Brakes:
4 :: 2

Transmission:
First set Final Gear to 4.000
Then set Max Speed to 124mph (far left)
1st: 2.973
2nd: 2.266
3rd: 1.767
4th: 1.410
5th: 1.172
Then set Final Gear to 3.175

Drivetrain:
Initial Torque: 7
Acceleration: 12
Braking: 14

Power Limiter:
95%

Ballast:
200 @ 0

Aero:
50 :: 120

Stats:
500PP
336BHP
1,280kg
41:59 weight distribution​

Last edited:
@esoxhntr I believe the 400 in the Trans Am was a small block...

FYI
The 400 Pontiac Engine was the 389 cid bored .060.
The 389, 400, 421, 455 where all basicly the same block/head/intake configuration except for bore/stroke and a few other differences like crank crankshaft bearing sizes. None were concidered a "small block"

@krenkme and @XDesperado67 - I may be down for a '59 Corvette challenge between the three of us. I am going to tune the GT40 and attempt to pummel @MrGrado just to show my "win at all costs" competitive side. So I was thinking that tuning the '59 Corvette might be a way to show my fun side too. Plus, imagine the test drivers having to deal with three of those. :)

Well, I've finally decided on a muscle car to tune and its almost ready for a post. Its not a very quick car but, at least its both super and sporty. :D

Chevrolet Nova SS '70 500pp SH
vqe9.jpg

A new year and I needed to find a suitible entry for the F.I.T.T. American Classic Shootout. I looked around at some of the pre-80s offerings and settled on a Nova SS in need some tuning love. Now it has five on the floor, a new spoiler, new hood, new suspension, differential, and some computer wizardry to help make even more power. The chassis was lightened to go racing but it needed a few hundred pounds of ballast in the trunk to balance out the handling and to keep the rear tires in check under acceleration. With the throaty roar from the big-block 396, this muscle car is ready to cruise.

Here are a few helpful tips to help achieve a quick lap at Laguna Seca while driving trying to tame the Nova. If the rear tires lose traction while entering a turn try holding a higher gear. The corkscrew can be relatively easy when taken in 2nd gear using light accelerator input. When slowing for Laguna's mid-speed turns I found holding third to be very beneficial to my lap-time. Happy muscle motoring! :dopey:
7v9l.jpg

21 days to choose , tune and submit a car
14 to test all of them............
35 days ..... it´s a long time for a first GT6 shootout......
Sometime i forget we are running this one, generally we have shorter deadlines and people are more involved this way.
We need to remember this for the next ones to not loose the interest of tuners and readers.
In my humble opinion.

Sometime i forget we are running this one, generally we have shorter deadlines and people are more involved this way.
We need to remember this for the next ones to not loose the interest of tuners and readers.
In my humble opinion.

Agree, You are right Mr Praiano đź‘Ť

I'm in as a tuner. Using a cuda 440 six-pack. Very tail happy :)
That was my original car.
Back a few pages, I even had a full tune for it.
Then I fell in love with the Camaro I was tuning.

Go check out the original tune I did, if any of the settings can help you out, feel free to take them and run with it. I had like 48 game hours into it, lol. So if your stuck on a setting, check what I did and give it a try, see if it helps.
The "feeling" I was. Looking for in those many hours, I got very fast with the Camaro.

That's not why I switched though.
Originally, when I tuned the Camaro, I thought it was the other Camaro, from the second group. I thought I was making my second tune for group 2. Then when I was done, and after it was posted, I realized it wasn't the overpowered one.
Good luck on the six pack, the ride is gorgeous.

In my humble opinion.
DB said that he will give more time for tuning in case anyone wants to tune another car for the super class because of making the shootout into two classes. But otherwise I agree that a shorter time for tuners is better. (Edit) and for readers.

I would assume so, mine is too. I would just check back when submissions close to confirm that nothing changed in the tunes. I'm collecting the cars when they appear but i will wait to test them until everything is in.

The Camaro posted on THIS page is my entry, and is final/done.
well, posted on my page, but linked to on THIS page, lol.

Last edited:
In my humble opinion.
I agree with you my friend, definitely a long one. However since this is the first one we are doing I wanted to make sure everyone had time to try out cars and figure out settings since we are all fresh to physics and such. Plus the rules blunder. :embarrassed: Future events should run shorter and cleaner. đź‘Ť

In other news, I've been a bit scarce with updates but I have been keeping an eye here. I'll get all the links up front in the next day. Testers, I believe it is OK for you to start building cars if you haven't already. Please read through the tunes carefully to make sure all of your settings are correct and if there are any special notes regarding setup, oil, etc. Tunes are due by the end of the coming weekend so you should also be able to start testing very soon.

Can you change the OP for me please?

I have submitted the Camaro SS '69, the OP still says the Cuda I started with. Needs to be replaced.

Thank you kindly.

Oooook, that was fun. I should keep track of where I left off better. :P Tuners please check that I have linked everything correctly and that I've named the right car.

Back