FITT BTCC Championship - !! Driver Spot Available !!

BMW 135i Coupe '07
Mazda_Raceway_Laguna_Seca.jpg

- working in dry lagoon, complicated corkscrew stopper

Just a few laps test ( about 3 laps on each track ) : Indy Road Course 1:42s, Brands Hatch Indy 50s and Silverstone National 1:01s. This is with BMW 135i, not sure if the times are competitive, the setup is a base replica ( replica gearing ) - not a race setup, but weight, power, aero are based on the regs. A good setup would go 1:41 or 1:40s at Indy Road, low 49s at Brands Indy, Silverstone National 1:00s or maybe even 59s :eek:. The BMW 135i did break into 1:33s at Brands Hatch GP, a good tune would yield 1:32s.

Looks like everyone wants a hand in that BMW.

What is the time frame we are looking at to know what cars we are all driving? Maybe just PMing each team with there car might make this interesting.

Looks like everyone wants a hand in that BMW.

I'm not suprised. I haven't tested it yet, but I'm betting the drivetrain and weight ratio alone will make it significantly faster and easier to drive. I reckon the FF cars could be more competitive if they didn't have to have the 54:46 weight distribution.

I've only test the Ford and VW so far, and finding the VW about a second quicker. I expect the Honda to be as quick or quicker than the VW. Poor Ford :(

I'm not suprised. I haven't tested it yet, but I'm betting the drivetrain and weight ratio alone will make it significantly faster and easier to drive. I reckon the FF cars could be more competitive if they didn't have to have the 54:46 weight distribution.

I've only test the Ford and VW so far, and finding the VW about a second quicker. I expect the Honda to be as quick or quicker than the VW. Poor Ford :(
That about sums it up, which is the reason for the faster tire and fuel rate I suggested. By the end of the 10 or 15 laps the FWD cars will be getting to the good meat of the tire and the weight advantage would help it out.

This is only a first step and something you guys at FITT have not really done to my recollection there are a ton of variables in online racing with any type of "league racing". Definitely has me excited to see how this shapes up

Being the most experienced guy with online touring cars on this site (been running series for 3 and a half years for them) could offer some advice. Simple notes: Scirocco OP fast, and BMW with a chassis too good - often faster than cars with a full 6/7 mph on it due to the incredible chassis.

The BMW that I tested has 52/48 weight distribution, just a click away to 53/47 ( similar to real life spec ), 1400kg, 140mph top speed ( rev limiter at 6th ) Xtrac 545/426B/427 gear ratio ( GT2/GT4/BTCC/WTCC), no flip stuff, high lock/medium preload Xtrac LSD Cassette Type Plate Unit spec ( 45/85, 125N/M preload ). This is with a setup handicapped by lower front ride height by a good margin ( less rotation ) and limited by replica alignment ( camber/toe ) - high 18s 1st sector and low 33s 2nd sector at Brands Hatch GP. If the BMW is OP, maybe add more weight ?

The BMW tops put at 142/5+mph at Indy Road Straight on a 2nd option touring car final drive ratio.

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_231.jpg

Last edited:
Ok chaps, so I went out drinking last night, like I was still in my 20's and I'm paying the price. As soon as I get clear of the office I will draw lots for the cars. Predictably, the BMW is the car people that people are expressing an interest in. I'm keen to get people into their cars and testing/setting up as quick as possible. I'm also keen to hear from those that have already began exploring the cars and knowledgeable peeps like @Furinkazen on keeping the cars as balanced as possible. The VW already has 15 less HP than the rest of the cars and people are still finding it to be quick, do the other cars require a slight power hike, or should the VW be further restricted. The FF cars are 54/46 because of the Ford, I couldn't get better weight without it being really heavy. The Ford is the lowest denominator in this regard, besides also being challenged in the speed department. However, I am trusting that with sufficient levelling that in the hands of a good driver, under race conditions, that it can provide the other cars with some competition. Regarding the BMW, how about mandating a more front biased weight distribution? I'd like the cars to be as close as possible, whilst still retaining their own pros and cons. I appreciate we have a breadth of talent here now, these cars have only be balance tested by a small group to date, you'll all likely find exploits we haven't.

In the meantime, I'll be out of here in a couple of hours and I'll have my wife pull names out of a hat. I'll work my way back through the thread and updated the first posts as well. As per, I want to get you guys in cars as soon as possible, please bear with me 👍

{Cy}

Are you guys trying to establish an even Balance Of Performance or just get cars close to IRL levels?

Are you guys trying to establish an even Balance Of Performance or just get cars close to IRL levels?
Balance of Performance, Sir. Unfortunately, the cars IRL are far, far lighter than we can achieve within the game. Power, tyres and downforce are comparable. Laptimes are also comparable, when you factor the additional 300-400kg the cars carry 'in game'. I accept that it will prove difficult to entirely balance them, but anything that I/we can do to reduce the gap can only help create entertaining racing 👍

{Cy}

Balance of Performance, Sir. Unfortunately, the cars IRL are far, far lighter than we can achieve within the game. Power, tyres and downforce are comparable. Laptimes are also comparable, when you factor the additional 300-400kg the cars carry 'in game'. I accept that it will prove difficult to entirely balance them, but anything that I/we can do to reduce the gap can only help create entertaining racing 👍

{Cy}

General rules of thumb from me - Keep RWD on average approx 100kg heavier than FWD. Certainly, the touring cars I got are now teeny bit quicker than NGTC IRL with similar power / weight... you guys keep going and it can be done 👍

Maybe stick with the current rules, wait until the 1st race / qualifying, if one car is OP, apply success ballast, 25kg increments ?
This can be used very effectively to even out the field.

If everyone is in agreement with this suggestion and Cy, wants to run his series this way then awesome. If he does not want to run his series this way, then also awesome.

I've been in leagues where a lot of complaining occurs and rules get changed in the middle of the season. The changes were not unwarranted, but it was driver skill that made for the changes.

I guess what I am really getting at is I don't want Cy to be stressing once this is underway. I have a good feeling that joining up with everyone here that it will not occur, but the unexpected can and will happen. I would just like everyone to agree and be on the same page when we start this up. It makes for a better time

If everyone is in agreement with this suggestion and Cy, wants to run his series this way then awesome. If he does not want to run his series this way, then also awesome.

I've been in leagues where a lot of complaining occurs and rules get changed in the middle of the season. The changes were not unwarranted, but it was driver skill that made for the changes.

I guess what I am really getting at is I don't want Cy to be stressing once this is underway. I have a good feeling that joining up with everyone here that it will not occur, but the unexpected can and will happen. I would just like everyone to agree and be on the same page when we start this up. It makes for a better time

Since this is a new series, I think it may call for a warm up race that does not count for points? There is a risk of sand bagging, but @CyKosis1973 needs to reserve the right to make weight/power restriction adjustments between each round of the championship. That will minimize sand bagging.

General rules of thumb from me - Keep RWD on average approx 100kg heavier than FWD. Certainly, the touring cars I got are now teeny bit quicker than NGTC IRL with similar power / weight... you guys keep going and it can be done 👍
Excellent, we've already penalised the BMW to the tune of 100kg, which is very evident under braking, the 1300kg FWD cars are able to make up a lot of time. I appreciate your input, any other advice or experience you can lend will be equally appreciated.
Maybe stick with the current rules, wait until the 1st race / qualifying, if one car is OP, apply success ballast, 25kg increments ?
I suspect we will just have to run the first round with the cars as listed and then finesse the cars, if required. There's a fair bit of racing to get through and we'll have time in between to adapt and besides which, what sort of race series would it be if someone was bitchin' about the regs :sly:
Its okay, pull me from the list of mechanics
Seriously? I've just drawn the cars for everyone, I made videos and everything :confused: I'm sure we can fill your spot, but would you like to reconsider before I do?

Firstly, thank you for all of you that have thus far shown your support for this :cheers:

I am going to be relying heavily on people being cooperative about this. Not only for the participants enjoyment, but for the chance of running future events. Realistically, I'm going to need 'regional' help in regards of organising when rounds will take place amongst the three groups. As a minimum, we only need the agreement of the four drivers, so they obviously priorities the exact timings for their group. Ideally I'd like for groups to have as many people present as possible, but we have to be realistic. I'm not sure about opening the doors to other spectators, I'm sure we can handle some, but within the confines of a private room. I don't want us to be plagued by disconnections or excessive chatting, etc, etc.

I've not addressed penalties nor damage yet and I'd rather not. I am going to rely equally heavily on our drivers demonstrating exemplary road manners. Yes we want close racing, but we don't want people being punted into hedges, cynically or otherwise. I tend to utilise the lower penalties setting in the game and turn damage off altogether, I don't really like the way either are implemented in the game, but if you guys want either factored beyond light penalties, then say. We're making a race series, crashes and damage are occupational hazards.

As I've said above, I've made the draw now and in the interests of transparency and light entertainment, I videoed the three draws. I'll make a post underneath this one with the videos, for those of you that would like to laugh at our ridiculous dog. I'll update the front page at the same time, for those that can't wait to find out who is driving what. 👍

{Cy}

Since this is a new series, I think it may call for a warm up race that does not count for points? There is a risk of sand bagging, but @CyKosis1973 needs to reserve the right to make weight/power restriction adjustments between each round of the championship. That will minimize sand bagging.
Preseason races are always a good idea, plus racing with new people it will give us all a small taste of each other's driving style.

Preseason races are always a good idea, plus racing with new people it will give us all a small taste of each other's driving style.

I don't think I need to tell either of you, or anyone else, how much of a good idea that is 👍

{Cy}

Guys I will be on tonight around 11pm eastern standard time running a room if anyone wants to join. Sent a friend request to somebodyshootme . Don't ask about the screenname, it got me TK'd a lot back in the days of Socom :lol:

:eek::eek::bowdown::bowdown: Wow, what a draw :embarrassed:

I am doing some test laps at Silverstone National with the Civic, the BMW did 1:01.5s here with ease, the Civic managed 1:01.3s on 1st lap :mischievous: - this is offline, but at least it shows how close civic and bmw at short track. Both utilize Xtrac gear ratios as used on BTCC/WTCC.

I haven't watch the whole video, so what did I end up with ? :lol: :grumpy: Hot Damn, VW :lol: I don't even have the car in my garage:dunce:

I don't think I need to tell either of you, or anyone else, how much of a good idea that is 👍

{Cy}

I raced in another series that did this type of pre-season test race and it was at a track that was not being used in the season. Rather, they tried to pick a track that had similarities to the season track.

On another note, I love the random selection videos. Very creative.

Latest Posts

Back