FITT BTCC Championship - !! Driver Spot Available !!

If we get two drivers close enough, particularly over the start finish line, then I expect someone to dip into the 48's. It'll require some hardcore driving and infeasible large testicles, though :mischievous:

I also expect there to be a whole lot of trips into the sand :sly:

{Cy}
:lol: đź‘Ť

@Ridox2JZGTE PM'd his replica tune and I finally got to test it. Handling wise, it was very similar to what I temporarily built myself, (our ride height, spring rates and rear toe settings were literally the same) but his tune eliminated almost all wheelspin entirely, which is what mine was suffering from badly. After 4 laps, I was already in the 49.2s. With maybe the tiniest adjustment, I think I could be sniffing some 48's.

Thanks buddy for supplying a fantastic car. Great hook up out of the sharp corners which the tyres also say thank you for, they'll last a long time now.

Edit: We've tinkered a bit and found a couple of extra tenths. Solid work, half a second quicker than I was able to do in my own car tailored to my own driving style :eek:. I still have much to learn it seems.

Last edited:
@Ridox2JZGTE PM'd his replica tune and I finally got to test it. Handling wise, it was very similar to what I temporarily built myself, (our ride height, spring rates and rear toe settings were literally the same) but his tune eliminated almost all wheelspin entirely, which is what mine was suffering from badly. After 4 laps, I was already in the 49.2s. With maybe the tiniest adjustment, I think I could be sniffing some 48's.

Thanks buddy for supplying a fantastic car. Great hook up out of the sharp corners which the tyres also say thank you for, they'll last a long time now.

Edit: We've tinkered a bit and found a couple of extra tenths. Solid work, half a second quicker than I was able to do in my own car tailored to my own driving style :eek:. I still have much to learn it seems

:cheers: Having a great time working with one of the best driver in GT5/6, even with me on 1.09 and lewis on 1.13, the car seems to translate well on both version :embarrassed: If everything goes as plan, I can predict a podium on race day :cool: Will look forward to hear/watch other teams giving good fight from start to finish, hopefully on a video as I can't get online to spectate:banghead:

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, why are you still on 1.09?

My PS3 keeps encountering error when downloading any game updates, it appears randomly ( can be 5% to 90+% ). I've changed internet provider twice ( both on NAT2 ) Recently, I did OS update ( optional update ) offline via USB to the latest version, hopefully this will stabilize online downloads, haven't tried to update again since a month ago as I'm happy with 1.09 or I'm just being lazy as I rarely get more than 1 hour play time session.
Tuning/building replicas still okay and the civic drives remarkably the same based on @Lewis_Hamilton_ feedback on online tests, and he was quicker than my time offline by a few tenths :crazy: and I did less than mid 49s at Indy ( no tire wear + cold tires 1st lap ). If I can get online / 1.13, I may be about half a second slower than lewis on qualifying lap, if I'm lucky :lol: Nailing consistent 18s or flat 19s 1st sector is still tricky as the 1st corner often went hairy on a controller with erratic left stick.

The left analogue stick got wonky loose in the past 3 months giving erratic steering at crucial moments :(, time to get another used or maybe new DS2 :D

My PS3 keeps encountering error when downloading any game updates, it appears randomly ( can be 5% to 90+% ). I've changed internet provider twice ( both on NAT2 ) Recently, I did OS update ( optional update ) offline via USB to the latest version, hopefully this will stabilize online downloads, haven't tried to update again since a month ago as I'm happy with 1.09 or I'm just being lazy as I rarely get more than 1 hour play time session.
Tuning/building replicas still okay and the civic drives remarkably the same based on @Lewis_Hamilton_ feedback on online tests, and he was quicker than my time offline by a few tenths :crazy: and I did less than mid 49s at Indy ( no tire wear + cold tires 1st lap ). If I can get online / 1.13, I may be about half a second slower than lewis on qualifying lap, if I'm lucky :lol: Nailing consistent 18s or flat 19s 1st sector is still tricky as the 1st corner often went hairy on a controller with erratic left stick.

The left analogue stick got wonky loose in the past 3 months giving erratic steering at crucial moments :(, time to get another used or maybe new DS2 :D
lol i had to buy a new controller a few months ago because my left stick would occasionally not register so I would turn and the car would keep going straight. that got old real fast.

lol i had to buy a new controller a few months ago because my left stick would occasionally not register so I would turn and the car would keep going straight. that got old real fast.

On mine, if I don't hold the left stick firmly with my thumb, it often goes left or right at random, I guess the left stick will never stays center for more than a few seconds :lol: Makes it harder to maintain smooth control with firm left thumb while also having to make small corrections at random times.

On mine, if I don't hold the left stick firmly with my thumb, it often goes left or right at random, I guess the left stick will never stays center for more than a few seconds :lol: Makes it harder to maintain smooth control with firm left thumb while also having to make small corrections at random times.
I've gone through a number of controllers now. I keep breaking the collar around the left stick. I can trim the broken plastic off with a craft knife, eventually there's so much room for the stick to move it locks in place and won't centre. I end up doing doughnuts!!

Looks like Group 1 will be holding their Round 1 races on Saturday afternoon.

Group 2, due to the limitations of the site, I am unable to start a conversation with all 10 of you. If you don't already have a conversation on the go, can you please create one or use this thread to arrange a time for you to hold your Round 1 event?

(31st) Friday PM

(1st) Sat AM
(1st) Sat PM

(2nd) Sun AM
(2nd) Sun PM

(@xande1959, @787bcgr, @Motor City Hami, @Ronald6, @flip55, @miata13B, @Gino Caberlin, @PatrisS136, @NEWDRIVER2, @morfastmadboy)

{Cy}

Mugen CIVIC SSR
TEIN ATS ED Cars / Tokai PALLAS
T. Matsui FD2 Civic Type R
Civic One Make Series Race Car Replica

Special Build Matsui FD2 Civic One Make Champion Car for FITT BTCC
Sports Soft

mugencivicssrteincivicfd2-jpg.205768

CAR : Honda Civic Type R FD2 '08
Tire : Sports Soft

Specs
Horsepower: 305 HP / 305BHP at 8500 RPM
Torque : 220.0 ft-lb / 30kgfm at 6600 RPM
Power Limiter at : 97.7%
Weight: 1300 kg
Ballast : 160 kg
Ballast Position : 30 ( 1 click away from 55/45 which means front heaviest possible )
Weight Distribution : 54 / 46
Performance Points: 481

GT AUTO
Oil change
Improve Body Rigidity ( INSTALLED IN THIS BUILD ) - MANDATORY - real one make civic has roll cage.
Wheels : Standard Size RAYS 57Gainer
Car Paint : Pure White
Aero Kits Type A
Flat Floor Type A
Custom Rear Wing
Wing Mount Standard F
Wing Small I
Winglets Small N
Height -8
Width +5
Car Number : 44

Tuning Parts Installed :
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Low RPM Turbo Kit
Triple Plate Clutch
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension
Weight Reduction Stage 1
Carbon Hood ( Body Color )
Window Weight Reduction
Racing Brakes Kit

twin-ring-motegi-road-course_6-jpg.206385

Suspension - TEIN SRC Super Racing Circuit Master Ultimate Spec Coilover F:10, R:8, 10, 12
Visual + Low Camber

Front, Rear

Ride Height: 100 75
Spring Rate 10.00 12.00
Dampers (Compression): 4 8
Dampers (Extension): 5 4
ARB 4 6
Camber 0.5 1.2
Toe 0.13 -0.66

DOG CLUTCH TRANSMISSION - BTCC Build Specification XTRAC 516 Touring Car
6 Speed Sequential

Set Default
Set Final to 5.339
Set Auto Max Speed at 180kmh / 112mph
Adjust each gear :
1st 3.167
2nd 2.286
3rd 1.867
4th 1.600
5th 1.353
6th 1.182
Set Final : 4.000

fuji-speedway-f_16-jpg.206384

LSD - 1 Way ATS Silent Type Metal LSD type R - Matsui Spec Low Lock Medium Preload
Initial Torque : 17
Acceleration Sensitivity: 17
Braking Sensitivity: 5

AERO
Rear : 5 ( MIN )

Brake Balance:
Front / Rear : 3/7

Quoted Notes from the original replica post :

Notes :

The Civic One Make Series was a long tradition in Japan which has been run for over 30 years. It stopped briefly in early to mid 2000's, replaced by Integra Series. With the return of FD2 Civic Type R, the series reignited with Civic back on the spotlight.

This particular replica is based on Championship winning car driven by T. Matsui, the Mugen/ATS/TEIN Tokai sponsored car fought a fierce battles throughout the years from 2008 to 2010 against Nobuteru Taniguchi and several other high profile race drivers. The winning formula is a good setup suspension and LSD as other variable are controlled in one make series ( power/weight/tires/gearbox )

After long research back in GT6 release days, I collected various information about the Civic Type R One Make model. The car was sold officially by Honda Japan at cheaper price - about 1.6 million Yen, compared to vanilla road going model at 2.6+ million Yen. The One Make FD2 omitted many parts from road going model, thus making it strictly track car. Most of road car requirements are gone :

Mechanical
* Helical Limited Slip Differential

Interior

* Honda R Spec seat
* Leather steering wheel
* Drivers metal foot rest
* I-SRS airbags for driver and passenger

Other Equipment

* HID headlights
* LED high mount stop lamp
* Full auto Air Conditioner
* Keyless entry system
* Security Alarm and Immobilizer
* Power Door Locks
* Passenger and rear seat
* All seatbelts
* Sun visors and vanity mirrors
* Center console
* Roof lining, carpet and all other lining
* Under car protective coating, tools, warning flare etc

This gives the Civic FD2 One Make much lower base weight when bought, but racing car preparation, like safety roll cage, suspension, LSD parts also add some fat to the car. The road going Civic Type R FD2 has about 61/39 weight distribution at 1260-1270kg. Removing AC cuts the weight to 1250kg. After some research about weight savings, I decided to use 1220kg and 60/40 distribution. This is a realistic figure based on about 50+kg saving from the omitted parts and added safety roll cage.

Power is based on several Honda Civic FD2 Type R One Make Race Car exported overseas, built by Mugen, the car was dynoed on engine dyno with 235HP output and slight torque increase across the board. This is possible due to the Mugen parts like ECU and Racing Exhaust. Redline should be at 9000 RPM.

The Mugen SSR/TEIN/ATS/Tokai Civic replica is fitted with TEIN Circuit Master Super Racing - Ultimate Spec Coilover, I chose this as the more preferred TEIN SRC Circuit Master Type N1 Damper base spring rate are not possible ( too high ). The TEIN SRC Ultimate Spec is specialized for circuit racing use, offering significant drop in ride height, 10kg/mm front springs and a host of rear springs options ( 8/10/12 kg/mm ). The real car uses lower rear ride height and slightly higher front ( 1 in higher ) to maintain weight balance under heavy cornering. This translate to 100/75 ride height and can be compared to the real car pictures, although the real car is a bit lower overall - about 10 to 20mm - not possible in GT6 as the lowest is 75mm :)

I have setup the damper, ARB, camber and toe to work on all spring rate combination and ride height. Try them all and choose one that suits you best. The real car suspension setup is best replicated using my personal setup suspension listed at the top above, with high camber, and 97/75 ride height. Visual ride height and camber has been replicated as well.

Gearing is stock as used on on make series, while LSD is special model build from Active Traction Service ( ATS ), this particular LSD is specially tuned to Mr. Matsui spec which help him winning several races. The ATS LSD is 1 way, based on Silent Type Metal disc model line up, with 20 disc/plates, 70 degree cam angle ( high lock ) giving distinct throttle induced car control freedom and medium preload at 8kg-m. The LSD can be setup for lower cam angle at 45 and 55 degree by cam ring rearrangement, I have provided both setup as options below :

LSD - 1 Way ATS Silent Type Metal LSD type R - Matsui Spec - 20 Disc/Plates -Optional 45 Cam Angle
Initial Torque : 19
Acceleration Sensitivity:31

LSD - 1 Way ATS Silent Type Metal LSD type R - Matsui Spec - 20 Disc/Plates -Optional 55 Cam Angle
Initial Torque : 19
Acceleration Sensitivity: 37

To get as close as possible to the real life performance, I used lap times record ( race and qualifying times ) at 3 different track that are available in GT6. Suzuka, Twin Ring Motegi Road Course and Fuji Speedway F are the 3 tracks that are regulars in Civic One Make Race Series. The tires is Sports Soft which is comparable to the Yokohama Advan Racing Slick used in the One Make Series ( most probably ADVAN A005 )

T. Matsui held the pole time record at Twin Ring Motegi with 2:10s lap and quickest race best times at low 2:12s, while at Fuji Speedway, race best times at low 1:57s and Suzuka race best times at 2:23s flat. The qualifying/pole record times at Fuji and Suzuka is unknown, but roughly about 1.5 to 2+seconds quicker than race best times. Expect the replica to lap in 1:55s at Fuji, 2:20s at Suzuka and 2:10s at Twin Ring Motegi Road Course.

I tuned and tested mainly at the those 3 tracks, and the replica can easily lap in 2:20s at Suzuka, 2:10s at Twin Ring Motegi Road Course and 1:55s at Fuji Speedway F.

Below are the 3 best lap replays of the track for reference.

Personal Setup Ride Height 97/75

suzuka-circuit_16-jpg.206475

500_011-jpg.206477

ENJOY :cheers:

View attachment 208322 View attachment 208323 View attachment 208324 View attachment 208325 View attachment 208326 View attachment 208327 View attachment 208328 View attachment 208329 View attachment 208330 View attachment 208331 View attachment 208332 View attachment 208333 View attachment 208334 View attachment 208335

The power figure on the tune is 305HP / 305BHP, apparently the value of Asian GT6 HP ( mine ) is the same as EU GT6 BHP ( lewis ) :D The 1st gear ratio uses Xtrac 516 Catalogue as the real life Xtrac 516 1st gear ratio BTCC Build Spec 2.923 is not reachable. This is the setup that will be used on race day :) Car Number : 44

@krenkme / @Lionheart2113
'Shortest straw'

Based on the Focus ST '06

499pp
315hp
1,275kg
55/45 weight distribution

GT Auto
Aero Kit Type A
Flat Floor
Rear Wing Custom Wing - Type B
Rays VR.G2 wheels painted Black (Raven)
Car painted Moulin Rouge

Parts
Sports Soft Tires
Height-Adjustable Suspension
Racing Brakes painted Moulin Rouge
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Stage 1 Engine
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Intake Tuning
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Widow Reduction

TUNE
Ride Height- F= 95 R=65
Spring Rate- F= 9.25 R= 12.25
Compression- F= 1 R= 10
Extension- F= 10 R= 2
Anti-roll Bars- F= 1 R= 7
Camber- F= 0.0 R= 1.0
Toe Angle- F= (-)0.20 R= (-)0.20
Brakes- F= 3 R= 7

Buy All Power upgrades before tuning the Transmission
*Please tune Trans in this order
Reset to default
Final- 5.500
Max Speed- 112mph
1st- 2.575
2nd- 1.855
3rd- 1.550
4th- 1.300
5th- 1.110
6th- 0.950
Final- 4.430
(Adjust for speed using final gear only)

LSD 12/16/5

Power Limiter - 98.3%

Downforce- R=5

Ballast- 104 @ 50

ABS=1
Everything Else Off

Tuner Notes
My driver has survived my Shootout tunes...Can he survive this? I hope so :nervous:

Looks quick already, I think the Focus can give nasty surprises like zooming to the front pack in a blink :P The races on Gr 1 Brands Hatch Indy in the next few hours, will they be on clear dry weather or wet ? I'm kind of tense now, what if the weather is 100% changeable/random :lol:

@CyKosis1973 / @danbojte
'Bavarian Beast'
Based on the BMW 135i Coupe '07

492pp
315hp
1,400kg
52/48 weight distribution

GT Auto
Aero Kit Type A
Flat Floor
Custom Rear Wing - Type F/G/N (-15 height/-50 width)
OZ Racing Ultraleggera wheels painted Autumn Gold Metalic
Car painted Jerez Schwarz Metallic

Parts
Sports Soft Tires
Height-Adjustable Suspension
Racing Brakes painted Rosso Corsa
Fully Customizable Transmission
Fully Customizable LSD
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Sports Computer
Weight Reduction Stage 2
Carbon Hood

TUNE
Ride Height- F= 120 R=130
Spring Rate- F= 9.10 R= 12.30
Compression- F= 7 R= 7
Extension- F= 8 R= 8
Anti-roll Bars- F= 3 R= 5
Camber- F= 0.0 R= 0.0
Toe Angle- F= -0.14 R= +0.22
Brakes- F= 8 R= 8

Buy All Power upgrades before tuning the Transmission
*Please tune Trans in this order
Reset to default
Final- 4.750
Max Speed- 124mph
1st- 3.560
2nd- 2.450
3rd- 1.830
4th- 1.420
5th- 1.150
6th- 0.950
Final- 4.450
(Adjust for speed using final gear only)

LSD 10/14/8

Power Limiter - 97.2%

Downforce- R=5

Ballast- 79 @ -50

ABS=1
Everything Else Off​

Tune for Focus from Randyrockstiff and stewyripper.
499 pp
315 bhp
1275 kg
Ride height 95/95
Springs 950/1267
shocks comp 8/8
shocks ext 6/7
a/roll 4/4
camber 0.0/0.5
toe -0.10/0.00
brakes 6/6
rear aero 5
power limiting 98.3%
Lsd 5/40/5

ballast 104kg@50= 55/45
chassis strengthening
flat floor

transmission

fg 5500
top spd 124
1/2833
2/1876
3/1410
4/1136
5/0929 ?
6/0780
fg/5500

stage1 engine tune
sports comp
sports ex
iso ex
cat
intake tuning
all weight off
windows bonnet

Last edited:
thank you indeed, I'm just hoping that it matches up and holds its own. Time will tell brother lol there's been a good few hours spent to get it to where it is. And on a side note, good luck to all drivers/tuners taking part in today's race.
Well, I just did a sneaky test run in yours and stewys setup. Very competitive and I think you did an excellent job with the transmission for this track. It's weird yet wonderful. Nice job!đź‘Ť

Well, I just did a sneaky test run in yours and stewys setup. Very competitive and I think you did an excellent job with the transmission for this track. It's weird yet wonderful. Nice job!đź‘Ť

You make it sound very exciting, competitive racing :drool: reminds me of deadnutseven days of GT5. The real test would be staying competitive until the final lap :mischievous:

All the best to race drivers :cheers: I can't wait to hear good news:sly:

Back