FITT Challenge STi Vs Evo Battle! Results; Congratulations to Praiano63, Otaliema & Brian Wolf

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 1,044 comments
@Otaliema...testing results is due by the 18th right, not 4th like in the title? For a quick second I thought I was extremely behind with the brain scrambling to figure out what day it is!:lol:
Yes by the 18th I was 3/4 alseep and had a splitting headache when I did that will fiix that now. :lol:

After thinking about the suggestion @Lionheart2113 made about 2 DC scores I decieded to go with it. 1 score for each track. Testers will not need to worry about averaging them I'll handle that just give your DC for each track next to the time for that track in results post.
This is a great suggestion by @Lionheart2113 and makes a lot of sense.

A car can be a dream on the dirt & a terror on the tarmac leaving it with a score around 5 or so.

Hey guys. These are my tunes for the shootout. Criticism appreciated.

Street spec - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96

Parts installed
Full suspension kit
5 speed close ratio tranny
AYC
twin plate clutch kit
Torque diff
Sports computer
Intake tuning
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carbon hood
Window weight reduction
Wing removal
Normal wheels

Suspension settings
Height F100 R100
Springs F5.2 R6.7
Dampers compression 3 front and rear
Extension 4 front and rear
Anti roll bars 5 front and rear
Camber F3.0 R2.0
Toe F-0.10 R-0.05
Brakes F5 R4
AYC 37
Torque diff 30:70
Set power limiter to 99.9 and add 45 kg 27% to the rear. For the wet lap use sports hard and adjust the torque 40:60

Street tuner

Subara Impreza Sedan WRX STI '10
Full suspension kit
Racing brakes
Custom tranny
Custom LSD
Triple plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft
Torque diff
Sports computer
Sports exhaust
Exhaust manifold
Catalytic converter
Intake tuning
Stage 3 weight reduction
Carmon hood
Window weight reduction

Ride height F85 R90
Spring rate F7.70 R8.50
Damper compression 5 front and rear
Extension 5 front and rear
Anti roll bars F3 R4
Camber F3.0 R2.0
Toe F-0.20 R-0.10
Brakes F5 R4

Set tranny to 149
LSD initial torque F5 R7
Accell F12 R27
Braking F7 R17
Torque 30:70
Add 1kg ballast 27% to the rear. For the wet lap adjust torque to 40:60 and use the sports mediums. I'm not good at all with transmission tuning so I auto set Max speed for the time being. Thank you and sorry for the late message.

@brave bear What are your full AYC settings on the street spec car?, post just says 37, thanks.

So will you be hosting the next challenge or taking a loooong break:lol::lol::lol:, between young children at home and running this challenge, you are going to need a vacation. Hang tough, you are doing a great job.
I do think I will be taking a looooong break on hosting but I will be sharing this sheet with the next host if they want it it will be an automatic everything just input the numbers it does the rest.

Spec Street Tuner

I’m not a negative person, so if there is any criticism it’s not meant to be an insult, and if my time is slower than what you have, then that’s fair enough. These are non bias opinions based on how I drive and should be taken with a grain of salt! I respect and appreciate the time the tuners have put into their tunes and I will try everything I can to get the most out of the tune itself. I ran each car for 2 sets of 10 laps at each track. I will do a post here shortly explaining what I found about tire wear/heating up on both tracks and why it is crucial to run this many consecutive laps.

Track 1:
Grand Valley East
Tires:
Sport/Hard
Track Settings:
Grip Reduction = Real
Surface Water = 0%

Track 2:
Tsukuba
Tires:
Comfort/Soft
Track Settings:
Grip Reduction = Real
Surface Water = 40%

Driving Setup: DS3, D-pads, “X” throttle, square brake, & Automatic transmission

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5

MITSUBISHI

Evolution GSR IV ‘96
suspension
Grand Valley East: 1:11.071

Took a few laps to get the braking down, but soon became manageable. A little on the snug side through the center; made worse if you clipped a curb with the reduced ride height. And on this track, a lot of speed is lost/gained on the backstretch leading down the hill by “legal” curb clipping.
Drivers Choice Score = 7.0

Tsukuba: 1:05.776
The brakes were perfect from the drop of the flag, but again, the lower ride height hurt the car over the many bumps on this track.
Divers Choice Score = 6.5

brave bear
Grand Valley East: 1:12.931

I could not get a handle on this car. It jerked from side to side on almost every turn. I don’t know if it was the AYC or what, but this car did not like me.
Drivers Choice Score = 5.0

Tsukuba: 1:06.140
More of the same, my driving line was constantly interrupted by a side to side motion, killing my lap time.
Drivers Choice Score = 5.5

Evolution GSR V ‘98
DaBomm4
Grand Valley East: 1:11.189

Very solid tune with excellent traction. Just felt a little sluggish coming out of the turns.
Drivers Choice Score = 8.5

Tsukuba: 1:05.162
Seemed a little tight in the turns. But once the tires started going away by lap 5, the car was fun to drive and the lap times began to drop.
Divers Choice Score = 8.0

Barr
Grand Valley East: 1:11.213

A little tight overall, but excellent braking ability. Solid tune.
Drivers Choice Score = 8.0

Tsukuba: 1:05.416
The tightness was still there, but it was safe. After a few laps this car got better.
Divers Choice Score = 7.5

Shaunm80 (+1 Rim)
Grand Valley East: 1:10.822

It’s not the fastest pony in the stable, but you can’t beat the drive with this car. It was amazing, point the nose and the car followed, and stuck! It restored my faith in the Evo, because the Imprezas were killing them on times. And on a side note, shaunm80, you can tune me a car, like that, any day. Great job and one I would recommend for Tune of the Week!
Drivers Choice Score = 10.0

Tsukuba: 1:05.098
This was the case I was talking about when asking about 2 DC scores. With a car that was amazing to drive at GVE, it was like someone flipped a switch. It was extremely tight and took until lap 9 to start to come in, but still respectable when it did.

Subaru

Impreza Sedan WRX STi Version III ‘96
krenkme
Grand Valley East: 1:10.742

This car can get away from you under heavy braking, especially on the bend leading up to the first turn. Get some practice with it though, and with its ability to exit well, it turns into one joyful ride. Great job krenkme…Grimace did about kill me the first few laps though!
Drivers Choice Score = 9.0

Tsukuba: 1:05.195
Tight on corner entry, pushed through the center, and was loose on exit. Not a bad tune, I couldn’t find any rhythm with it though. I’m sure other testers will.
Divers Choice Score = 7.5

ABP (+1 Rim)
Grand Valley East: 1:11.919

I struggled getting the car down to the apex of almost every turn, just too tight for me. But the brakes weren’t as bad as you made them out to be, very controlled.
Drivers Choice Score = 7.0

Tsukuba: 1:06.289
The tight condition was more dramatic in the wet. Had to wait for what seemed like an eternity to get back into the gas. Probably a good second on each of the U-bends which hurt my time. I’m hoping someone with more talent than me can get a better time for you.
Divers Choice Score = 6.5

Impreza Sedan WRX STi Version IV ‘97
Dolhaus
Grand Valley East: 1:10.848
This car was squirrely under heavy braking and loved to slide around, but once you got used to it, you can easily throw it around the track. You can tell you lean more on the drifting side of car setups, nice job!
Drivers Choice Score = 9.0

Tsukuba: 1:04.544

Snug on corner exit, but came to be a nice treat when the tires got warmed up.
Divers Choice Score = 8.5

Impreza Sedan WRX STi Version V ‘98
Praiano63
Grand Valley East: 1:10.750

Once again, my hat is off to you Mr. P. I’ll admit as I was setting up the LSD, I was smiling because it looks like what I throw on all of my 4WD and it didn’t disappoint. It can get loose if you push too hard, but very manageable and fun to drive.
Drivers Choice Score = 9.5

Tsukuba: 1:04.051

That mid level Turbo killed me on this track with my driving setup. I could not get out of the sharp turns fast enough because I couldn’t “hang” the RPMs. I changed my line on the last turn, practically in the sand, but with the RPMs up, it shot me like a cannon heading to the finish line. Wall riding is fun (Yes, I do realize I wasn’t against a wall, but you guys know what I mean!)
Divers Choice Score = 9.5

brian wolf
Grand Valley East: 1:10.515

Hard to handle on the heavy braking and was a little snug, but once you got used to it and the tires heated up….this car was unstoppable. I was very impressed with this tune.
Drivers Choice Score = 9.5

Tsukuba: 1:04.354

What can I say? This tune was fast on wet or dry. I don’t know where you came from or how long you’ve been tuning… but boys and girls, we’ve got one hell of a contender here. I’m looking forward to more tunes in the future. Awesome job!!!
Divers Choice Score = 9.0

Ridox2JZGTE (+1 Rim)
Grand Valley East: 1:11.304

I felt like this was the most “stable” of the Impreza’s. A little on the tight side, but the best braking of them all. I think I need to view your video and see why my time doesn’t match to how the car felt…5 speed transmission perhaps?

Tsukuba: 1:05.988

Like krenkme’s, this car did not like me. I was struggling with the same tight/push/loose condition on almost every turn. Maybe it was both of you having no spoiler! (I wouldn’t think it would make a difference haha)
Divers Choice Score = 7.0

Bowtie-muscle (+1 Rim)
Grand Valley East: 1:10.863

With it being snug on entry through the center, I struggled getting the car down to the apex a lot of the time, and when I pushed too hard, I was roasting the outside front tire throughout the turns, especially on acceleration. Still a solid tune though.

Tsukuba: 1:04.483

The tight on exit was more noticeable, but once the tires got heated up, I loved this car. You can’t be too far off with the tight condition because I was hitting the fastest times by lap 3 on every set.

SDsnakebutt (+1 Rim)
Grand Valley East: 1:11.239

It was too tight for me from the center of the corner through exit. If you pushed harder, the car would push you back. But not a terrible tune.
Drivers Choice Score = 7.5

Tsukuba: 1:04.713

I’m calling this car Donald Duck, because as soon as its feet hit the water, it was a different animal. I will be watching the times of the other testers for this car because I think it can go faster, but I was never able to get it to take the right turn before the Dunlop Tire bridge. Not sure if you spent more time testing in the wet, but I had a blast driving it!

Last edited:
Ridox2JZGTE (+1 Rim)
Grand Valley East: 1:11.304
I felt like this was the most “stable” of the Impreza’s. A little on the tight side, but the best braking of them all. I think I need to view your video and see why my time doesn’t match to how the car felt…5 speed transmission perhaps?

Tsukuba: 1:05.988
Like krenkme’s, this car did not like me. I was struggling with the same tight/push/loose condition on almost every turn. Maybe it was both of you having no spoiler! (I wouldn’t think it would make a difference haha)
Divers Choice Score = 7.0

The result is as expected :) The tune is made to be close to how a WRX would drive in the rain, it can push and it can slide :lol:, similarly, braking should be done like in real life, ease off the brakes the closer the car to the apex, with a well placed nose, it should slide in on the 1st corner, steady on the gas, and time it well, the Rex will glide out the 1st corner apex like a rocket, this is how I got 14s 1st sector. Tap the E-brake if necessary, much like what I did long ago in real life when raining and the front started to push :lol: the wild younger days.

Looks like you prefer a car that can be thrown around at will, a loose cannon :P The real car it was based on originally has understeer when driven by pro driver in Best Motoring video at Tsukuba ( dry ), it was fitted with street tires and managed 1:03s - very quick IRL - similar to Ferrari F40 Tsukuba record, but in GT6 the Rex FITT version can get close to the time in the wet with only 315HP, the replica has 339PS / 334HP. :eek:

Zero Sports BTZ003 : 1:03.66, Ferrari F40, 1:03.73 at Tsukuba IRL. The replica can do 1:03.4xx with ease in my hand, but the FITT can do high 1:03s in the wet with 17HP less power and 24kg less weight, this is one of the reason I feel wet performance of comfort tires are too good.

I enjoyed reading the reviews and lap time, getting to know more how replica based car perform on a variety of driver.

Last edited:
Spec Street Tuner

Shaunm80 (+1 Rim)
Grand Valley East: 1:10.822

It’s not the fastest pony in the stable, but you can’t beat the drive with this car. It was amazing, point the nose and the car followed, and stuck! It restored my faith in the Evo, because the Imprezas were killing them on times. And on a side note, shaunm80, you can tune me a car, like that, any day. Great job and one I would recommend for Tune of the Week!
Drivers Choice Score = 10.0

Tsukuba: 1:05.098
This was the case I was talking about when asking about 2 DC scores. With a car that was amazing to drive at GVE, it was like someone flipped a switch. It was extremely tight and took until lap 9 to start to come in, but still respectable when it did.

My computer is on the fritz, so I'll have to edit this through my iPad...sorry but I'll get it cleaned up
Many thanks for this review. This is quite a compliment. I know where you are coming from about the car in the dry and the car in the wet. Im glad you liked the car in the dry. It was fun tuning this one.

I recommend equal measures of fire and running away, solves 99% of everyday problems
No found out blank cells give the average command all kinds of fits but text is auto ignored. so had to rebuild the first page. than sort out messed up formulas in the data work page. got it working. all non entered lap times now have a combined value of no data untill lap times are entered. which than turns to the combined lap time and is convered on the back end to a acutal time stamp, ranked, and top 5 are auto sorted with split. :) now to get fastest lap working to auto madticly show fastest lap for ech track along with tuner and driver :banghead:

No found out blank cells give the average command all kinds of fits but text is auto ignored. so had to rebuild the first page. than sort out messed up formulas in the data work page. got it working. all non entered lap times now have a combined value of no data untill lap times are entered. which than turns to the combined lap time and is convered on the back end to a acutal time stamp, ranked, and top 5 are auto sorted with split. :) now to get fastest lap working to auto madticly show fastest lap for ech track along with tuner and driver :banghead:
*Glazed over look*
Erm.... hooray?
lol

*Glazed over look*
Erm.... hooray?
lol
👍
Even with my degree in computing, I got a little confused with that one... Hope its working well now. :) (not you DolHaus but the message you replied too)
Mostly :lol:

@Otaliema where is the link of my tuned to,:eek:
Which car? they should both be present.....

Google sheets like to think that cells that are technicaly not blank becuase it has a formula but displaying nothing, are actually 0 so this caused a boat load of DIV/0 errors, funny thing if I replaced the blank command "" with "No Data" or"No DC" all the errors went poof. was just that I have to this for every tuner and every driver thats currently regisitered.

Spec Street Tuner

SDsnakebutt (+1 Rim)
Grand Valley East: 1:11.239

It was too tight for me from the center of the corner through exit. If you pushed harder, the car would push you back. But not a terrible tune.
Drivers Choice Score = 7.5

Tsukuba: 1:04.713

I’m calling this car Donald Duck, because as soon as its feet hit the water, it was a different animal. I will be watching the times of the other testers for this car because I think it can go faster, but I was never able to get it to take the right turn before the Dunlop Tire bridge. Not sure if you spent more time testing in the wet, but I had a blast driving it!

Thank you for Testing and Giving honest input back. Both explanations you gave for each of the tracks were spot on with the way i felt about the tune too. Not sure if you would remember my tune just from your notes. But would u have any Tips as far as what setting to change for GVE and it being too tight?

Thank you for Testing and Giving honest input back. Both explanations you gave for each of the tracks were spot on with the way i felt about the tune too. Not sure if you would remember my tune just from your notes. But would u have any Tips as far as what setting to change for GVE and it being too tight?
I have not drivin it yet and it will proly be monday before I can. But looking over the tune I'd sugest stiffing the front damper compression or reducing the rear toe to near 0.00 but not negitive as that will increase your mid corner grip which will tighten it up.

Bowtie-muscle (+1 Rim)

With it being snug on entry through the center, I struggled getting the car down to the apex a lot of the time, and when I pushed too hard, I was roasting the outside front tire throughout the turns, especially on acceleration. Still a solid tune though.

The tight on exit was more noticeable, but once the tires got heated up, I loved this car. You can’t be too far off with the tight condition because I was hitting the fastest times by lap 3 on every set.

@Lionheart2113 Thanks for the review, I will get it someday, getting better I think.

Bowtie-muscle (+1 Rim)

@Lionheart2113 Thanks for the review, I will get it someday, getting better I think.
You are getting better much better. Only one tester in I but your holding second just over Half a second from first and .3 ahead of 3rd

You are getting better much better. Only one tester in I but your holding second just over Half a second from first and .3 ahead of 3rd
Well done bowtie 👍

As a spectator, this has got me glued to what's about to happen.
I think there is a very good chance, this FITT challenge will shuffle the deck. :D

I agree with Otaliema, the rear toe seems high and maybe some small adjustments on the LSD. For my driving style it's not too far off, but like Ridox said, his tunes are more on the tight side and he gets some amazing times out of it. So I would wait and see what the other testers say and see what they get before trying to change anything. You don't want to hurt it at Tsukuba in the wet that's for sure!👍

Back