FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge - Congratulations to Lionheart2113 & ImToLegitToQuit

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 861 comments
FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge
(Street Classics)
Car: Toyota MR2 1600 G '86
Track(s): Deep Forest Raceway
Eiger Nordwand Short Track

Driving Options
Driving Line: OFF
Blind Spot Indicator: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): OFF
Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS): 1
Skid Recovery Force (SRF): OFF
Controller Sensitivity: 5
Grip Set to Real

DS3 (dpads)
"X" throttle
Square brake
Automatic Transmission

After a few adjustments, I'll gladly say that I am happier with it than I was. The body rigidity allowed me to put in some camber and make the turns a little more comfortable and predictable. I still couldn't get the feel for it with some of your suggestions @Ridox2JZGTE , but you did force me to take it back out there and with being reminded that I had a body rigid car all ready to go, I was able to find a few more tenths but more importantly, confidence! Still totally the opposite of how @praiano63 handles, but it's now in the hands of the testers. Best of luck, I'm off to clean the house and pack!:yuck:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Oh and before I forget, @DolHaus can you put me down as a tuner for the street classics please?:sly:
:cheers:

- Road Racers
RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7

Special_Stage_Route_5.jpg

- Ver. 1.11
- CUSTON PARTS

. Wheels (Rays RE30)

. Paint Wheels (Gt6 Chrome 013)

- TUNING PARTS

. Tires (Sports : Medium )

. Suspension Kit (Height-Adjustable,fully customizable suspension)

. Brake Kits

. Transmission (Fully Customizable Dog-clutch ...)

. Differential Gear (Fully customizable Mechanical...)

. Power (Racing Exhaust )

. Weight Redution (stage 3)

. Performance Points = 525

. Max.Power = 383 HP / 7,000 rpm

. Weight = 1,153 Kg

. Front / Rear Weight Distribution = 48 : 52

. Displacement = 654 cc

. Max. Torque = 356,8 ft-lb/5,100 rpm

. Drivetrain = FR

. Power-to-Weight Ratio = 3,01 Kg/HP

. SUSPENSION ------------------------ Brake Discs & Calipers

. 82 (F) Ride height (R) 92 ------------- 7 (F) / (R) 5

. 18,31 (F) Spring Rate (R) 17,12

. 3 (F) Dampers (comp:) (R) 3

. 7 (F) Dampers ( ext : ) (R) 7

. 1 (F) Anti-roll bars (R) 5

. CAMBER ANGLE (-)

. 0,6 (F) / (R) 1,6

. TOE ANGLE

. -0,10 (F) / (R) 0,55

. Transmission (standard)

. LSD

. 00 / 05

. 00 / 11

. 00 / 12

. POWER = 100,0 %

. Downforce

. 100 (F) / (R) 200

. Ballast Position = - 50

Twin_Ring_Motegi_East_Course.jpg

enjoy testers :cheers:👍:gtpflag:

- Road Racers
RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7

- Ver. 1.11
- CUSTON PARTS

. Wheels (Rays RE30)

- TUNING PARTS

. Brake Kits

. Weight = 1,153 Kg

. Displacement = 654 cc

. Drivetrain = FR

. CAMBER ANGLE (-)

. 0,6 (F) / (R) 1,6

. TOE ANGLE

. -0,10 (F) / (R) 0,55

. LSD

. 00 / 05

. 00 / 11

. 00 / 12

. POWER = 100,0 %

. Downforce

. 100 (F) / (R) 200

I can't pass up the opportunity to test this one...giving it a go tomorrow!👍
Nice pics as well, glad to see you not having to use the camera on your phone.

I'm thinking of dropping the ABS optional rule, no one seems to be interested in it.

Thoughts?

It's not really a tuning mechanism. If I was testing I might want to test all cars with ABS off, but I can't at the moment. Additionally, I have tuned my car with ABS off, but to post it without ABS on would ensure it's not in contention.

It's not really a tuning mechanism. If I was testing I might want to test all cars with ABS off, but I can't at the moment. Additionally, I have tuned my car with ABS off, but to post it without ABS on would ensure it's not in contention.
Other people would disagree on its effects on other tuning elements. The point of this exercise was to determine if it was a tangible difference or just a case of familiarity, I left the choice open so it was in the hands of the tuner to which route they took.
I have stated ABS 0 for the Civic under the notes section, while NSX will be ABS 0, I will need to edit the brake balance on the NSX :P
Would you mind putting a note next to your brake settings to clarify, a lot of people are just going to skim through the post to grab the settings and not read the notes and it could easily get missed. :cheers:

Other people would disagree on its effects on other tuning elements. The point of this exercise was to determine if it was a tangible difference or just a case of familiarity, I left the choice open so it was in the hands of the tuner to which route they took.

Would you mind putting a note next to your brake settings to clarify, a lot of people are just going to skim through the post to grab the settings and not read the notes and it could easily get missed. :cheers:

Driving with ABS 0 is a totally different experience, where little quirks will be easily felt. I just hope testers would survive without a scratch :D

I have edited the brake balance section of both of my entry, I bolded ABS 0. Please have a look, and let me know if they are good.

Driving with ABS 0 is a totally different experience, where little quirks will be easily felt. I just hope testers would survive without a scratch :D

I have edited the brake balance section of both of my entry, I bolded ABS 0. Please have a look, and let me know if they are good.
Much clearer, thank you 👍
I gave the civic a spin and the lack of ABS isn't a problem even if you are aggressive with the brakes, its pretty difficult to lock a wheel as long as you keep it on the tarmac

Much clearer, thank you 👍
I gave the civic a spin and the lack of ABS isn't a problem even if you are aggressive with the brakes, its pretty difficult to lock a wheel as long as you keep it on the tarmac

That's actually relieving to hear, I worried that the civic will be happy smoking FF on controller :scared: Now, the NSX ... it has racing brakes and sports tire .... even 1/1 BB might not be good news on a wheel.

ohhh choices choices :lol: transmissions 5 speed at one track 6 speed at the other ugg.
I gave it a whirl at ABS0 definitely different found a couple quirks that I was able iron out because of it... maybe new tuning trick :lol:

Eek! Looking at peoples times, I might need to keep working on my NSX some more! It feels kinda finished to me but I don't want to post a lemon tune two events in a row!

I'm getting 1:29.7 at SSR5 and 1:28.7 at Motegi.

That's actually relieving to hear, I worried that the civic will be happy smoking FF on controller :scared: Now, the NSX ... it has racing brakes and sports tire .... even 1/1 BB might not be good news on a wheel.
The NSX is a tricky beast at this spec, but like all other Honda's in the GT universe they are extremely fast if you know what you are doing with them. That said, it does love to lock the brakes even with ABS1, not enough weight over the wheels without the extra downforce would be my guess.

ohhh choices choices :lol: transmissions 5 speed at one track 6 speed at the other ugg.
I gave it a whirl at ABS0 definitely different found a couple quirks that I was able iron out because of it... maybe new tuning trick :lol:
Do a back to back comparison looking at the total times for both tracks and you should find your answer. The lack of ABS definitely makes a small difference to certain settings but I've never been entirely convinced that it is better or worse.

Eek! Looking at peoples times, I might need to keep working on my NSX some more! It feels kinda finished to me but I don't want to post a lemon tune two events in a row!

Looks like you are on pace compared to my times but its hard to tell because I don't know how fast of a driver you are naturally. Maybe try a fresh start and a different approach to see if it yields different results, there's still plenty of time to experiment 👍

I know that feeling I'm 3 seconds off pace and I don't know if it's me or the tune. :crazy:

Looks like you are on pace compared to my times but its hard to tell because I don't know how fast of a driver you are naturally. Maybe try a fresh start and a different approach to see if it yields different results, there's still plenty of time to experiment 👍
If he had entered as a tester in the viper challenge he would have had fastest lap in @Lionheart2113 tune by over a second...
Do a back to back comparison looking at the total times for both tracks and you should find your answer. The lack of ABS definitely makes a small difference to certain settings but I've never been entirely convinced that it is better or worse.
It has a significant impact to BB and Damper and LSD settings, and minor impacts to spring rate and ARB. From what I found.

edit sorry about the double post but edit doesn't flag in alerts. :(

I know that feeling I'm 3 seconds off pace and I don't know if it's me or the tune. :crazy:
My tunes aren't going to be recording fastest laps but hopefully they will be fun to drive and that may help my DC score a little. Still working on the GTO tune to get it in shape on CM tyres.. I can't believe I put CS tyres on the thing when I tuned it the first time. Duh.

My tunes aren't going to be recording fastest laps but hopefully they will be fun to drive and that may help my DC score a little. Still working on the GTO tune to get it in shape on CM tyres.. I can't believe I put CS tyres on the thing when I tuned it the first time. Duh.
Too much thinking of your honeymoon :dopey: ?

Those aren't bad times at all...see what @MrGrado isn't telling us is that he's driving the NSX in reverse!:dopey:
We're talking one arm on the passenger head rest looking over the shoulder!:lol:

I thought I remembered you posting some outrageous time before, in that case there's definitely something not right with the car :lol:

I've run mid 27s at motegi and mid 29s at SSR5 in the NSX with an incomplete tune for reference, my times are usually about average amongst the other testers

Heh. It's not in reverse, but maybe removing the 107kg of ballast might bring back some performance that's missing!
that will help a lot, sadly manually added ballast adds more weight per PP point than adding power back does.
S200 '06 18kg @ 0 = 1pp 2hp =1pp, 0.1111 PtWR on ballast/PL use to adjust PP. O_o
and it's a sliding scale to boot. 188 kg from weight reduction is 13 PP points, but based on the above statement it should only be 10.4444 PP points.

@DolHaus You've created a conundrum for me. After testing the other options out, I can't decide whether to go for the heavier, faster in lap time (but feels sluggish when driving) car. Or the lighter, slightly slower (but feels nippier around the corners) cars. Its a good thing I have a little longer to tune these things and make a choice. Another excellent challenge for us. Ill give you that :)

Last edited:
- Road Racers
RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7

- Ver. 1.11
- CUSTON PARTS

. Wheels (Rays RE30)

- TUNING PARTS

. Brake Kits

. Weight = 1,153 Kg

. Displacement = 654 cc

. Drivetrain = FR

. CAMBER ANGLE (-)

. 0,6 (F) / (R) 1,6

. TOE ANGLE

. -0,10 (F) / (R) 0,55

. LSD

. 00 / 05

. 00 / 11

. 00 / 12

. POWER = 100,0 %

. Downforce

. 100 (F) / (R) 200

Another great tune sir! A little nervous now, you and most others always seem to make your cars so responsive. I still have much more to learn? I just wanted to confirm something with you. In your tune it says custom transmission, then further down it says standard. I take it that you meant custom transmission with no gear adjustments? That leaves the max speed at 180mph. Is that correct? I kept the gears the same, but reduced the max speed to 149mph and gained a half second. But it did make the rear want to step out just a little bit more. Just thought I'd let you know.👍
:cheers:

I have updated my GTO with CM tyres and I am going to leave my car in the hands of the testers to see what they can make of it. Thanks for the challenge DolHaus. :)

Back