FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge - Congratulations to Lionheart2113 & ImToLegitToQuit

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 861 comments
Happy Birthday :cheers:

No big deal really, just thought since you do a lot more MRs than I do that extra feedback might not hurt. Always seem to have problems with them and am rarely happy with the end result. Finishing second in this Challenge feels like an accomplishment for me:embarrassed:. As good as a win as far as I am concerned:D:D:D

OK so I want to start by saying 2 things. First, I probably drive my MR's different than everyone else. I like to use the over rotation that they have to either (A) get me pointed in the right direction ASAP so I can get back on the throttle sooner and come out of the corner faster or (B) use the over rotation to 90 degree a corner or late apex a corner to make a pass. So either way i likem' loose ;)

2nd, I think i have a better handle on Motegi than everyone else because I ran a 1:26.3xx and then loosened the diff a little and ran a 1:26.1xx. Both of which were a lot faster than the testers. I'm not that much of a bette rdriver than everyone else so I'm curious where i'm getting all that speed over you guys. That also explains my 1:25.9xx in my own car. I think it'd be fun to organize a race with the guys in this challenge. everyone pick their favorite setup and lets hit the track !!💡

On to the Review:

I really liked your car. If it's the car that I would have ended up with after tuning, I would have been happy. After about 10 laps I ran the 1:26.3 and went into the settings to see what I wanted to change. I was having trouble coming up with anything, that's a good thing ! It has a tiny little problem going into a 4 wheel push when you change directions and the DIFF was a bit too restrictive for my own tastes. I know a good setup will allow me to just lift for a split second to get through turn 3 and then allow full throttle through 4 and 5 going into the straight and I couldn't quite do it in your car. I had to either slow down a little more in turn 3 to get it done or lift when going from right to left in the middle of the chicane. It was so close though.

I made little changes here and there but each one made it worse and I went back to your OSU. Its well balanced and well setup. Especially the gears. They are very long but allow you peace of mind when hitting the gas. The only changes I made were to the diff, accel to 15 and braking to 10. that gave me a little more wiggle and the other 2 10ths for my final time of 1:26.1. It's a great car man, congrats. just not quite great enough to beat me...hahaha sorry i couldn't help it :eek::sly:

Last edited:
OK so I want to start by saying 2 things. First, I probably drive my MR's different than everyone else. I like to use the over rotation that they have to either (A) get me pointed in the right direction ASAP so I can get back on the throttle sooner and come out of the corner faster or (B) use the over rotation to 90 degree a corner or late apex a corner to make a pass. So either way i likem' loose ;)

2nd, I think i have a better handle on Motegi than everyone else because I ran a 1:26.3xx and then loosened the diff a little and ran a 1:26.1xx. Both of which were a lot faster than the testers. I'm not that much of a bette rdriver than everyone else so I'm curious where i'm getting all that speed over you guys. That also explains my 1:25.9xx in my own car. I think it'd be fun to organize a race with the guys in this challenge. everyone pick their favorite setup and lets hit the track !!💡

On to the Review:

I really liked your car. If it's the car that I would have ended up with after tuning, I would have been happy. After about 10 laps I ran the 1:26.3 and went into the settings to see what I wanted to change. I was having trouble coming up with anything, that's a good thing ! It has a tiny little problem going into a 4 wheel push when you change directions and the DIFF was a bit too restrictive for my own tastes. I know a good setup will allow me to just lift for a split second to get through turn 3 and then allow full throttle through 4 and 5 going into the straight and I couldn't quite do it in your car. I had to either slow down a little more in turn 3 to get it done or lift when going from right to left in the middle of the chicane. It was so close though.

I made little changes here and there but each one made it worse and I went back to your OSU. Its well balanced and well setup. Especially the gears. They are very long but allow you peace of mind when hitting the gas. The only changes I made were to the diff, accel to 15 and braking to 10. that gave me a little more wiggle and the other 2 10ths for my final time of 1:26.1. It's a great car man, congrats. just not quite great enough to beat me...hahaha sorry i couldn't help it :eek::sly:
I greatly appreciate the feedback, was not expecting a good result but am thrilled it did well. Glad you liked it also, since I know you tend to favor MR cars and they truly are my weak points. The gearing was set wide purposely to allow more throttle and less throttle control out if you get what I'm saying. When I raised the DIFF Accel, it was more loose than I tend to like my cars on exit and I wasn't sure on braking. All in all, as I said, I am happy with the way it turned out so I must be getting just a little better with them.

And obviously your car was the car to beat, so mine wasn't as great. But less than 3 tenths behind ain't bad.......just bad english:dopey::lol:. Glad to see yet another fast tuner for me to chase :dunce:. Thanks for checking it out for me and congrats again.:cheers:

Wow, I have been MIA last week, more test results, and the final results :P Congrats to @Lionheart2113 for winning with the MR2 :P Splendid achievement :) Big salute to @ImToLegitToQuit for winning the racer class :cheers: Sorry if I haven't replied to any of the recent test results, rest assured, I read them all and appreciate the time and energy spent on driving my replicas, one of the key input is I need to fine tune the brake balance more for ABS 0 testing :D, or maybe just stick to ABS 1 for less drama :lol: Anyway, I'm glad the NSX GT2 perform decently, it's slow but fun and the Civic EG drive as it should, understeer on street tires :lol: I may update the Civic on my garage, giving more neutral handling with damper, ARB and camber tweaks.

I now have the Internet back properly so I am now able to thank all the testers for this challenge for their hours of work and also for their comments and remarks regarding both my GTO and the NSX. I am humbled by the fact that my NSX made the podium for both time and DC. I didn't expect it to be fast and enjoyable so well done to all the testers that found speed in that car. If you could kindly put the speed back in the car, id be grateful as I'm about to start Uni and feeling a little poor so need something to sell to the other students :)

On another note, I am looking forward to the next challenge and hopefully the competition will be as close as it was in this challenge. The time and DC scores were mighty close at the end :)

wow lol ive got a little girl at 2 well 2 & a 1/2 as she keeps reminding me lol. ive still got all her boyfriends to look forward to "BEATING" I mean meeting, may need to book a room at her majesties pleasure for a few months/years. :D plus the little one coming as a christmas pressie this year. i think i may need to look for a better job that pays more

wow lol ive got a little girl at 2 well 2 & a 1/2 as she keeps reminding me lol. ive still got all her boyfriends to look forward to "BEATING" I mean meeting, may need to book a room at her majesties pleasure for a few months/years. :D plus the little one coming as a christmas pressie this year. i think i may need to look for a better job that pays more
Now now just remember it's better to scare them than beat them ;) Just gotta pull em in close so only he can hear the conversation, and tell him "See her? that's my only little girl, so if you have any ideas of kissing, hugging, or other things, just remember I don't have a problem going back to jail." :lol: :mischievous:

Do you know if the new one is a boy or another little girl?
And congratulations on the new little hell spawn, err I mean bundle of joy that will arrive just in time for Solstice.
Have two m self, 4 and 2, they drive me up the wall some days but I wouldn't trade them for the world. 👍

Now now just remember it's better to scare them than beat them ;) Just gotta pull em in close so only he can hear the conversation, and tell him "See her? that's my only little girl, so if you have any ideas of kissing, hugging, or other things, just remember I don't have a problem going back to jail." :lol: :mischievous:

Do you know if the new one is a boy or another little girl?
And congratulations on the new little hell spawn, err I mean bundle of joy that will arrive just in time for Solstice.
Have two m self, 4 and 2, they drive me up the wall some days but I wouldn't trade them for the world. 👍
ive got a shovel shotgun and alibi ready lol and na dont know what we are having as yet, my partner is hoping for a little boy but being honest i dont mind either way as long as it comes out healthy with ten fingers and ten toes. i will be over the moon either way bro.

ive got a shovel shotgun and alibi ready lol and na dont know what we are having as yet, my partner is hoping for a little boy but being honest i dont mind either way as long as it comes out healthy with ten fingers and ten toes. i will be over the moon either way bro.
Sounds like me with out with our kids I was happy with both of them, we got lucky and got what we wanted in the order we wanted.
Course my son is just like me when I was four always pushing his luck, short temper and hits a lot, and my daughter is just like her mom even down to the "angry" face. It's so hard not to laugh to when she does it too cause all I see is my wife getting mad when she was 2 :lol: and my in laws just bust up laughing saying wait I've seen this before about **** years ago lol

Sounds like me with out with our kids I was happy with both of them, we got lucky and got what we wanted in the order we wanted.
Course my son is just like me when I was four always pushing his luck, short temper and hits a lot, and my daughter is just like her mom even down to the "angry" face. It's so hard not to laugh to when she does it too cause all I see is my wife getting mad when she was 2 :lol: and my in laws just bust up laughing saying wait I've seen this before about **** years ago lol

its mad lol, my wee girl has a bit of both myself and her mum, she goes in little huffs n storms about hahaa but got too say shes not a bad kiddo. always pushing her luck for that bit more but what can i say shes daddys little princess so she always gets her own.way.

its mad lol, my wee girl has a bit of both myself and her mum, she goes in little huffs n storms about hahaa but got too say shes not a bad kiddo. always pushing her luck for that bit more but what can i say shes daddys little princess so she always gets her own.way.
They always push to the limit to find out how far they can go and will sometimes cross the line. But then they give you those eyes and you remember them being tiny and sweet, your heart melts and you cave in..........wait, did I just admit that?:embarrassed:..........mine will always be Daddy's little girl and unfortunately, she knows it. So she knows how to smooth over rough spots.

Now to return to being manly.........when do we get to start tuning again???? :P

Back