FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge - Congratulations to Lionheart2113 & ImToLegitToQuit

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 861 comments
Thanks Cy! Good to be back, looking forward to testing your Evo.

I'm surprised @Motor City Hami isn't entering an RX7.
You're welcome, my friend. I hope the Evo treats you well, I don't really like the tracks chosen so I settled on making it as fast as I could through certain sections. A distinct feature of both tracks are the fast chicanes, my aim was to get the car to a point where I didn't require brakes to navigate my way through. I could just lift in order to provoke a little oversteer and then get back on the power to drive out. I'm not accurate enough in the long corners with a controller to get really fast laps, but I'm hoping someone will really hook up with the car and set a fast time. Fingers crossed 👍

{Cy}

Whichever is fine. ABS of zero is just replicating it's real world setup, I think ABS of 1 should be fine with the tune.
@DolHaus can make the call on this one, still have roughly half the field to test so do not mind retesting (BUT ABS 0 with a DS3:nervous:). Had to retest to cars for not changing the trans to the listed 6spd, trans is always the last part installed and I managed to screw up not once, but twice:dunce:. Funny how at Deep Forest it did not really hurt that much and times were really close, actually struggled to beat stock tranny time in the one too :embarrassed:. 7 cars left to test, 30-40 minutes per car, and bonus testing for Ridox. Will do whatever, just trying to save some time so I can out the CHEATER faster. :lol: :lol: :lol:

@DolHaus can make the call on this one, still have roughly half the field to test so do not mind retesting (BUT ABS 0 with a DS3:nervous:). Had to retest to cars for not changing the trans to the listed 6spd, trans is always the last part installed and I managed to screw up not once, but twice:dunce:. Funny how at Deep Forest it did not really hurt that much and times were really close, actually struggled to beat stock tranny time in the one too :embarrassed:. 7 cars left to test, 30-40 minutes per car, and bonus testing for Ridox. Will do whatever, just trying to save some time so I can out the CHEATER faster. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The cars have to be tested as listed, we can't have some people testing them on ABS1 and some on ABS0 as it will potentially provide different results and be unfair on the tuner.

In future please do not start testing before the deadline to prevent these kinds of issues occurring. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, tuners have every right to edit their cars right up until the last minute of tuning time.

The cars have to be tested as listed, we can't have some people testing them on ABS1 and some on ABS0 as it will potentially provide different results and be unfair on the tuner.

In future please do not start testing before the deadline to prevent these kinds of issues occurring. Unless otherwise stated in the rules, tuners have every right to edit their cars right up until the last minute of tuning time.
I knew it was a risk, kept an eye out for changes to tunes. I will retest it,, no big deal.
My fault for jumping the gun. All good.

Bonus testing :) I'm intrigued :sly: I hope it's not because the car is a tree magnet :lol:

I wonder what wood magnet would b good for ? :lol:

Longest skidmarks record for me :lol:
sunken lumber recovery, lots of old growth trees sank during river floats in the 1800's, each sunk tree is worth between 90k-250k USD here in teh states I would think depending on the wood being recovered that price would go up or down.
Could also be used for flood debris removal, and possible even flood debris redirection, sorta push most of the debris to the middle of the current to keep it off the banks and buildings. Just thinking... hehe would be interesting that's for sure.

sunken lumber recovery, lots of old growth trees sank during river floats in the 1800's, each sunk tree is worth between 90k-250k USD here in teh states I would think depending on the wood being recovered that price would go up or down.
Could also be used for flood debris removal, and possible even flood debris redirection, sorta push most of the debris to the middle of the current to keep it off the banks and buildings. Just thinking... hehe would be interesting that's for sure.
I was thinking more of scarlett johansson as a wood magnet but I think I may have missed the point entirely :mischievous::D

Street Classics: 4 laps / track with each car.

shootout time civic.jpg

Ridox2JZGTE DC= 2
Monster understeer, replica settings are not helping at all, the ballast just add some more. Real settings like 62/38 weight distribution are not working at all in GT6. Torture for any tester that is supose to do this for fun.

ImToLegitToQuit DC= 6
Good front grip, weight transfer help a lot over the soft spring. Rear ballast to high for the low grip front tires, mess a lot with driving line under accel when loosing grip because of the temperature.

Krenkme DC= 8
I love the car , good weight repartition, don´t loose traction. Perhaps to soft dampers and bar at the front, the car lay too easily on his grip and pass over sometimes if not smooth enough on the driving inputs.

randyrockstiff DC= 7
The car is too hard at the front, dampers and springs, this induce a bit of understeer but nothing big. LSD accel spot on, very good retake out corner, grip well spreaded.

shootout time sprinter.jpg

sinof1337 DC= 7
Huge amount of rear ballast let the car like a MR driving style even if it´s 50/50 , all this well balanced, perhaps too much weight over the springs, a lighter car is easiest to drive with low grip tires and faster. I´ve tested it with WR3 = 994kg no rear wing and it was 0.200 faster on DF with a very good driving feeling and also safer. Nice tune overall.

787bcgr DC= 9
Perfect balance, the st brakes well setted are not a problem for no ABS driving, at least on DF, showing a very good eagerness, smooth weight transfer able to fall on the grip with precision. Just need to feel the right moment to accel out corner to not generate oversteer. Very nice driving feeling, excelent tune.

nijalninja DC= 8
Very good balance, a bit safer than 787bcgr tune, showing a few understeer mid corner. The car move well over the springs and there is no problems to drive it fast. Just take care out corner to be almost inline before full gas. Nice tune ,congrats.

shootout time mitsu gto.jpg

xande1959 DC= 7
The balance is perfect , under brake in a corner , mid and out, this is already very good for a 4WD. The driving line still have his limitation , perhaps a car more agressive with more extreme TOE , springs and ride height would be faster... This could be a wonderfull safe beginner`s car. Don´t need superior skills to go fast.

Dol Haus DC= 9
The balance is still perfect but with a big plus. It´s a very agressive car that can follow the ideal fast line. For this just do the right wheel , accel and brake inputs and it will do what you want. I love the feeling, you can even place the car sideway on eiger right turn before the tunel under braking to bring it to the perfect place. Perhaps the car would recieve a 10 if the accel was answering the same out corner alowing a power slide... 25/75 or lower torque distribution ?? Anyway, congratulation for this excelent tune.

Shaunm80 DC= 8
Same behaviors (a bit more agressive) as Xande1959 car, very good balance anywhere, but too safe and you need to stay on the line waiting the car doing his good job. Different as DolHaus car, where you can still do something at this moment to gain line and time. Good job.

shootout time MR2.jpg

Ronald6 DC= 8
Very good car well balanced but not a car for me. Need na alien to drive it fast making 2 laps without going out of the road. The potential is there.... But the edge too and it´s very very sharp.

brian wolf DC= 7
The front ballast is suppose to make the things easier but this option don´t work so good anymore since 1.09. The tail can be very happy under accel out corner and the corner entry also can be a bit tricky inducing some oversteer. Need to maintain your foot on the pedal till the end of the rotation and also release progressivelly. The car loose also his MR2 way to enter a fast corner.

Lionheart2113 DC= 9
This is a wonderfull tune, it forgive some driving inputs (not so much but ok for na old MR2) ,the car have a great precision and lay on his grip progressivelly, you can feel when reach the limit.. A great pleasure to drive. Only one thing that i really don´t understand. Why this RH front 115 rear 100. This induce oversteer on a car that really don´t need this at all. I´ve tested it with front 100 rear 115 and my time fall to 1:32.8xx DF and 1:18.250 at eiger. This way you feel just more confident to attack the road and the rear grip stay a bit more under your wheel input. Anyway, congratulation for this great tune.

Otaliema DC= 8
Another great tune pefectly balanced , but i would need 50 laps on each track to get the best from it. The oversteer under strong braking is delicate to dominate on corner entry when you push the car. Same thing out corner under accel. Changes of direction like the right left chicane at eiger after the tunel, are also hard to master. But it´s me , it´s not the car...... call the Aliens to check how fast the car can be. Congrats for the tune.

Gino Caberlin DC= 7
Good car with a rear ballast, this don´t change a lot the behaviors of the car, it allow more rear grip and early accel out corner. The front of the car is lighter of course and because of this together with some other settings interfering, the direction have lost his precision floating a bit. This is a different car but it´s also very good to drive. Safer too, less need of countersteer on corner entry like with the others. In my opinion the time you gain on early accel ,you loose it at the retake, a lighter car ghost go away one or two cars at this moment. It´s not a problem at eiger where early acell is a good point, but prejudicial at DF where you can see lighter car ghost going away out of medium speed corners. Good driving sensation overall.

praiano63 DC= 8
I´ve build my car too safe, thinking about the testers who perhaps for some are not felling good driving this kind of machines. I think i was wrong. After a few laps and a few cars, anybody must love this precision game, playing with finesse. I don´t like to drive it like this. The only trick i´ve use to let it easy to drive was adding this insane front camber 4.0. Taking it out change everything and i love to drive it like this. With 0.0 front camber , the car is a bit more tricky but i low 0.400 my time at eiger for example. Looking at the others fast MR2 submited by other tuners i´m convicted that i did the wrong choice. I had a lot of fun testing all those cars, congrats to everybody. ><(((((°>°°°°°

Last edited:
Partial results

View attachment 212146

Ridox2JZGTE DC= 2
Monster understeer, replica settings are not helping at all, the ballast just add some more. Real settings like 62/38 weight distribution are not working at all in GT6. Torture for any tester that is supose to do this for fun.

ImToLegitToQuit DC= 6
Good front grip, weight transfer help a lot over the soft spring. Rear ballast to high for the low grip front tires, mess a lot with driving line under accel when loosing grip because of the temperature.

Krenkme DC= 8
I love the car , good weight repartition, don´t loose traction. Perhaps to soft dampers and bar at the front, the car lay too easily on his grip and pass over sometimes if not smooth enough on the driving inputs.

randyrockstiff DC= 7
The car is too hard at the front, dampers and springs, this induce a bit of understeer but nothing big. LSD accel spot on, very good retake out corner, grip well spreaded.
Great way of displaying your results Mr. P. Hope you don't mind but I am going to borrow your spreadsheet idea!👍

My Entry

Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX (AE86) 1983 -420pp- -Juane Sirius 2 (colour)-

Parts List:

Comfort Mediums
Fully Customisable Suspension
Racing Brakes
Improved Body Rigidity
Aftermarket Six Speed Transmission
Fully Custimisable Mechanical LSD
Double Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Window Weight Reduction

THE TUNE:

Suspension:

RH: 100, 115
SR: 3.75, 2.00
D(C): 3, 5
D(E): 3, 5
ARB's: 5, 2
CA: 0.9, 3.2
TA: -0.15, 0.60

Transmission:

LSD: 25, 33, 15
Gearbox has fixed ratio

Power:

Limiter set to 90.4%

Body:

Ballast set to 109 kg, at +50%.

Stats:

- 420pp
- 200BHP
- 930kg
- 53 : 47 Front to back weight ratio
- 1 587 cc Displacement
- 24 kgfm Torque
- FR Drivetrain
- 4.65 kg/hp

NOTES:

I have tried desperately with this weight setup to make the car easier to handle, and I think I have, but whoever tests it must be careful because it has some real nasty spots where it will just let loose no matter what. I did put it together in a short amount of time so it may be fairly sketchy all round. You can be pretty heavy handed/footed with the throttle but it may require some finesse from time to time.

Additional stuff:

ABS: 1
DS3 controller
Tested on version 1.09 of GT6

HAVE FUN[/ Brake balance ??
Brake balance ??

Partial results

View attachment 212146

Ridox2JZGTE DC= 2

ImToLegitToQuit DC= 6

Krenkme DC= 8

randyrockstiff DC= 7

View attachment 212247

sinof1337 DC= 7
Huge amount of rear ballast let the car like a MR driving style even if it´s 50/50 , all this well balanced, perhaps too much weight over the springs, a lighter car is easiest to drive with low grip tires and faster. I´ve tested it with WR3 = 994kg no rear wing and it was 0.200 faster on DF with a very good driving feeling and also safer. Nice tune overall.

787bcgr DC= 9
Perfect balance, the st brakes well setted are not a problem for no ABS driving, at least on DF, showing a very good eagerness, smooth weight transfer able to fall on the grip with precision. Just need to feel the right moment to accel out corner to not generate oversteer. Very nice driving feeling, excelent tune.

nijalninja DC= 8
Very good balance, a bit safer than 787bcgr tune, showing a few understeer mid corner. The car move well over the springs and there is no problems to drive it fast. Just take care out corner to be almost inline before full gas. Nice tune ,congrats.
Updated with
Toyota sprinter
trueno GT apex AE86 `83

Oh man, I am so bummed I couldn't post at least my Street Classic category tune, was running (the Civic) in the mid 33's at Deep Forest and the low 19's at Eiger, which would compare great to the results Praiano just posted.

Real life will always have to come first before leisure time though.

OK, so I am not sure how yet, have to finish testing but I think someone cheated. :boggled: :odd: You will see when I post my results.:D (Not saying who yet)

So after further testing, the field got tighter, but I still think he cheated and will explain in my review. Curious to see other reviews as I expect them to come out before mine. Time playing/testing will be tight the next few days so I may not finish up and post until the weekend, that will give time to see if others testers find/think the same as me. If not, I will give my thoughts in my review..............STAY TUNED :lol::lol::lol:

Back