FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge - Congratulations to Lionheart2113 & ImToLegitToQuit

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 861 comments
I'm not saying you should name names, but can I ask how someone may have been able to cheat? I don't know how someone would be able to with set regulations that can't be breached, wouldn't that have shown up in their tune when it was posted?
I will explain in my review, there is a small touch of sarcasm in there, depends on how you look at it.:sly:

I'm not saying you should name names, but can I ask how someone may have been able to cheat? I don't know how someone would be able to with set regulations that can't be breached, wouldn't that have shown up in their tune when it was posted?
Use of programming anomalies that most of us A; are not aware of, B; do not use correctly. C; do not use, D; being so much faster than everyone else he had to have "cheated" :lol:

I will explain in my review, there is a small touch of sarcasm in there, depends on how you look at it.:sly:
You being sarcastic?!?! say it isn't so!!!! :P

Partial results

Street Classics: 4 laps / track with each car.

View attachment 212146

Ridox2JZGTE DC= 2
Monster understeer, replica settings are not helping at all, the ballast just add some more. Real settings like 62/38 weight distribution are not working at all in GT6. Torture for any tester that is supose to do this for fun.

ImToLegitToQuit DC= 6
Good front grip, weight transfer help a lot over the soft spring. Rear ballast to high for the low grip front tires, mess a lot with driving line under accel when loosing grip because of the temperature.

Krenkme DC= 8
I love the car , good weight repartition, don´t loose traction. Perhaps to soft dampers and bar at the front, the car lay too easily on his grip and pass over sometimes if not smooth enough on the driving inputs.

randyrockstiff DC= 7
The car is too hard at the front, dampers and springs, this induce a bit of understeer but nothing big. LSD accel spot on, very good retake out corner, grip well spreaded.

View attachment 212247

sinof1337 DC= 7
Huge amount of rear ballast let the car like a MR driving style even if it´s 50/50 , all this well balanced, perhaps too much weight over the springs, a lighter car is easiest to drive with low grip tires and faster. I´ve tested it with WR3 = 994kg no rear wing and it was 0.200 faster on DF with a very good driving feeling and also safer. Nice tune overall.

787bcgr DC= 9
Perfect balance, the st brakes well setted are not a problem for no ABS driving, at least on DF, showing a very good eagerness, smooth weight transfer able to fall on the grip with precision. Just need to feel the right moment to accel out corner to not generate oversteer. Very nice driving feeling, excelent tune.

nijalninja DC= 8
Very good balance, a bit safer than 787bcgr tune, showing a few understeer mid corner. The car move well over the springs and there is no problems to drive it fast. Just take care out corner to be almost inline before full gas. Nice tune ,congrats.

View attachment 212543

xande1959 DC= 7
The balance is perfect , under brake in a corner , mid and out, this is already very good for a 4WD. The driving line still have his limitation , perhaps a car more agressive with more extreme TOE , springs and ride height would be faster... This could be a wonderfull safe beginner`s car. Don´t need superior skills to go fast.

Dol Haus DC= 9
The balance is still perfect but with a big plus. It´s a very agressive car that can follow the ideal fast line. For this just do the right wheel , accel and brake inputs and it will do what you want. I love the feeling, you can even place the car sideway on eiger right turn before the tunel under braking to bring it to the perfect place. Perhaps the car would recieve a 10 if the accel was answering the same out corner alowing a power slide... 25/75 or lower torque distribution ?? Anyway, congratulation for this excelent tune.

Shaunm80 DC= 8
Same behaviors (a bit more agressive) as Xande1959 car, very good balance anywhere, but too safe and you need to stay on the line waiting the car doing his good job. Different as DolHaus car, where you can still do something at this moment to gain line and time. Good job.

To continue with the last car Toyota MR2 1600 G '86

Mitsubishi GTO done. Just the MR2 stay to finish my test.

Keep in mind, when I call out the "cheater", I had only driven 3 of the drivetrains but all the tunes for them. One car was head and shoulders above the rest "for me and my driving". @praiano63 is making me feel better and that I am not totally alone :sly:

Last edited:
Just to say my tune sheet is wrong, my car have body rigidity.Anyway, i´ve let the car safe enough for a MR2 to let it like this. The difference is almost zero.

@praiano63 :cheers:
👍:gtpflag:
not worried about transmission but would like your opinion about the transmission pin down box if you put shorter gears in response to outputs of the corners would be better? thanks for testing my car .good performance.

@praiano63 :cheers:
👍:gtpflag:
not worried about transmission but would like your opinion about the transmission pin down box if you put shorter gears in response to outputs of the corners would be better? thanks for testing my car .good performance.
In my opinion for out corner
rear LSD accel around 35
lower rear LSd decell
torque diff 25/75
rear TOE 0.0 or negative...
front RH higher than rear 15 points...
Just to let the car more free.

I did a quick test of some MR2 , most of them are very wild, hard to finish a lap even at cruising speed.
I´ll need to run over 10 or 15 laps to have a good single fast lap.
I think also that i´ve let my cr to safe, thinking about the testers.... this also kill my car, i don´t like to drive it, if i could do another tune, i would do a wild one too. This is the only good thing this car have, no reason to tame it so much. No more spirit.:( Anyway, let´s se how it will be.

EDIT:
After some test , my car need really the body rigidity . I forget to put it on my shet but it was tune with and the difference is biger than i tought. Could you please write it ?

@@praiano63(ABS 1/+2" Rims/Custom Wing/Improved Body Rigidity)https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...00-stealth-model.291084/page-106#post-9967579

Last edited:
I did a quick test of some MR2 , most of them are very wild, hard to finish a lap even at cruising speed.
I´ll need to run over 10 or 15 laps to have a good single fast lap.
I think also that i´ve let my cr to safe, thinking about the testers.... this also kill my car, i don´t like to drive it, if i could do another tune, i would do a wild one too. This is the only good thing this car have, no reason to tame it so much. No more spirit.:( Anyway, let´s se how it will be.

EDIT:
After some test , my car need really the body rigidity . I forget to put it on my shet but it was tune with and the difference is biger than i tought. Could you please write it ?

@@praiano63(ABS 1/+2" Rims/Custom Wing/Improved Body Rigidity)https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...00-stealth-model.291084/page-106#post-9967579
Edit.
On second thoughts I can't change it, the tune has been up long enough to be noticed and edited, If I let you change major parts mid way then I have to let everyone. Sorry

Last edited:
front 4.0 rear 1.0

Thanks. I didn´t thought it was so different, more than a second on DF.
I changed my mind unfortunately, sorry about that. Its just not fair on the others if I let people change things after the deadline

I changed my mind unfortunately, sorry about that. Its just not fair on the others if I let people change things after the deadline
My 2 cents!.....your tune does not need it. just my opinion.
My tune is very bad without it, i´ve just tested it right now. Ok no problems, i take out my car from the shootout. I´m out in this case. No problems.

My tune is very bad without it, i´ve just tested it right now. Ok no problems, i take out my car from the shootout. I´m out in this case. No problems.
Up to you man, if you really want to pull out then that is your choice to make. If it was engine parts or something minor then that would be fine but the Rigidity Improvement is a different matter

I'm in a bit of a difficult position here, what does everyone else think?

With all do respect, you are the expert not me, but I tested your tune 10 laps at 1 track last night and do not think your tune needs any adjustment. Cannot say more than that, but I would leave it alone. And I use a DS3.

I would say that it isn't that big of a deal to allow the change, but it also depends on who has tested it already and if they wanted to test it again with the change. I understand that rules are rules but @praiano63 I wouldn't pull your car out of the competition entirely. I drove it and you are right, it was a decent drive. You said it, it might not win on speed, but DC would be a different story even if you aren't happy with it.

I would say that it isn't that big of a deal to allow the change, but it also depends on who has tested it already and if they wanted to test it again with the change. I understand that rules are rules but @praiano63 I wouldn't pull your car out of the competition entirely. I drove it and you are right, it was a decent drive. You said it, it might not win on speed, but DC would be a different story even if you aren't happy with it.
I´´ve change the oil after tuning my own car , then i´ve bought a new one no oil no chassis rigidity. Then after testing the 2 cars with no rigidity, i´ve race my ghost with my tune no rigidity. Impossible to stick the ghost, difference is big , line is different, it´s not my tune, that´s only why i will not present car like this , this is the only reason.

I've already tested it with regidity at Eiger. I say allow it. I dont see it any different than not listing ABS (several have done this). Accidentally not listing an item that you tuned into the car is not the same as changing a tune.
My tuppence goes in this bucket. I know it's technically a change, but it's not a 'setting' change, as such. But, as the saying goes, not my circus, not my monkeys, so ultimately it's down to the host...

{Cy}

I may be the only one who feels this way but isn't this the point of deadlines ? This is fitt tuning after all and not life and death.

Perhaps we should make it a requirement to use the new form made available to us. It would make linking to tunes in the OP much easier and nothing would be overlooked because it's all listed already and you just have to check off the parts added.

I wanted to check my tuning sheet, I build 1 for every tune and use the back of the page for notes. The reason being, I could not remember who did and did not have Rigidity Improvement, and the feel of his tune as I remember felt like it did. It does not, I checked the car as well. In my opinion, it does not need it, I do not collect tunes from other tuners but i wrote in my notes - "Keep this One". @ImToLegitToQuit does have a vaild point, it may have been an oversite, but we are to test the car as posted. I am not opposed to retesting with, but that is not up to me as I do not have a horse in this race. Should be up to the other competitors and the host. May not feel right to the others who may then also want to change something.

My worthless $0.02.

Back