FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge - Congratulations to Lionheart2113 & ImToLegitToQuit

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 861 comments
All cars were given a minimum of 20 laps using a DS3 controller. With auto transmission
Please forgive me for the lack of any real help in these reviews, for a non tuner I really struggle with this part of testing and spend nearly as much time on this part of the job.
Deep Forrest still to come.

@sinof1337__ 2.55.911 -- DC 7.875
Eiger. 1.20.397
DC. 7.75

Has good turn in for the first section if you take a slow inside line, was hard to turn if I went just a little bit wide, throttle control was easy to manage and the uphill section caused no problems.

Deep Forrest. 1.35.514
DC. 8
I liked this car on this track , you could apply throttle a lot earlier without worrying about sliding... it felt safe all the time,mistakes were easy to fix, a little bit more turn in would be good, after looking at the replay I noticed that I spent most of the time in the middle of the track instead of the edge.

@787bcgr--- 2.55.696 -- DC 7.625
Eiger. 1.20.231
DC. 7.5

For the most part the car handled pretty well, but you really had to be on the right approach ,it handled the first section reasonably well but is quite slippery, and the left right after the tunnel was a problem getting a consistent run through without too much sliding. The ABS 0 took a bit of getting used to and took a fair bit to lock up, the difference with ABS 1 was .432.

Deep Forrest. 1.35.465
DC. 7.75
I liked the car on this track, although it was a lot of work keeping it off the guard rails ,change of direction was good , the brakes were reasonably good... I only locked up a couple of times, lack of traction was the main problem.

@nijalninja---2.55.665 DC 7.5
Eiger. 1.20.089
DC. 8

Drives pretty well, a bit more turn in/ grip for the first few corners would be good,handles from the right hander before the tunnel to the finish line really well .

Deep Forrest. 1.35.576
DC. 7
Struggled with the lack of front end grip, it would continually push wide so I just couldn't get into a good rhythm , time wise there was very little between the Toyota's so it shouldn't take much too be on par with the others.

@Ridox2JZGTE--- 2.57.797 DC 7
Eiger. 1.21.039
DC. 6.5

This car was at a disadvantage straight away as i don't drive many FF cars and ABS 0 gets changed to ABS 1 as soon as I get to the first corner normally.
After twenty laps I never once passed the time I did with the stock car, it took me six attempts to get around the first corner without overshooting while trying to adjust to the brakes, corner rotation was not so good ,
I know that your specs are based on real cars ... but for me I found without the ballast the car turned and felt better. 62:38 weight distribution V 58:42.
I spent a lot of laps with this car to give the no ABS a decent go but in the end it's not for me, sorry

Deep Forrest.... 1.36.758
DC. 7.5

Better suited for this track, I could hold a good line most of the time, but I had to go slow to achieve it... it just needs a better corner rotation, I didn't have any problems with the brakes here.

@ImToLegitToQuit---2.54.916 DC 8
Eiger. 1.19.779
DC. 8

Surprisingly quick considering the not so good traction at the front, it has good turn in and the rear comes comes around with the slightest bit of throttle lift off, ran consistent times through out. Pretty good overall .

Deep Forrest
DC. 8

Was easy to keep a good line, change of direction was good, good grip for medium speed corners, and I got the last corner coming on to the straight more consistently.

@krenkme --- 2.55.354 DC 7.75
Eiger. 1.19.924
DC. 7.75
Gets around the first set of corners well, but finding the right line on the way up was a hit and miss, with the right line there's just the one little lift off for the right hander after the tunnel, then it's full power to the top, get it a little wrong and there's two or three little back offs because of the way FF's pull to the outside under power.
Overall the car did every thing pretty good ...

Deep Forrest
DC. 7.75

Pretty good overall , but I had trouble keeping the right line consistently , medium corner grip was good as long as I had throttle control, just a bit too much and it's back to the drawing board, just a little bit more turn in or a way to get the rear around more would do it for me.

@randyrockstiff --- 2.56.337 DC 7
Eiger. 1.20.262
DC. 7

Really had to work hard to get the car to stop consistently,turn in for the first section was reasonably good but you have to wait for the rear to come around before accelerating so the car doesn't pull to the side,same for the uphill section.

Deep Forrest
DC. 7.
I didn't have problems with the brakes here, it just lacks a decent rotation, I had to slow down too much to get around corners without going wide.

@xande1959--- 2.56.655...DC 7.75
Eiger. 1.20.313
DC. 8

Feels really good this car, turns and breaks good for its weight compared to the light weights and feels more alive compared to Shaun's.

Deep Forrest
DC. 7.5
Didn't feel as good here, a little bit more turn in on the medium speed corners just to get the rear to come around a bit more, and I struggled to get a good run on the last left hand corner coming on to the straight , it's always been hit or miss for me that corner.

@DolHaus --- 2.54.452-- DC 8.75
Eiger. 1.19.420
DC. 9

Does every thing really well, you can get aggressive in the slow corners without worrying where the rear will end up, it brakes well and gets around the corners with no fuss, a really good setup .

Deep Forrest
DC 8.5
Gets around the track well , easy to keep the right line, has a really good change of direction that brings the rear around.

@shaunm80--- 2.55.846 -- DC 7.875
Eiger. 1.20.205
DC. 7.75

Not a lot to say about this car , it's like your old faithful ... gets the job done without any fuss, you could drive it for a long time without really having to concentrate about throttle control or anything else.
Probably needs to be driven with a manual and aggressively to get through the second corner ( the left hander) in first gear just to get the rear around a bit better, what's strange is that Xande's car will go down to first gear most times at that corner.... Overall a good setup.

Deep Forrest
DC. 8
Much better suited to this track,gets through the medium speed corners well , without pushing to the outside and was easier to get a better line through the last left hander ... Very good.

@Otaliema -- 2.54.013 --DC 8.25
Eiger. 1.19.395
DC. 8.5

Pretty much ticks all the boxes , it handled everything well without getting out of shape, well done.

Deep Forrest. 1.34.618
DC. 8

Worked pretty good on this track once I stopped trying to rush things,like you said in your tuning sheet , let it coast through the corners.

@Gino Caberlin -- 2.54.176 --DC 8.25
Eiger. 1.19.449
DC. 8

A very easy drive, really good traction , gets through the uphill section without any fuss, does everything well, just feels a little restricted to the others.

Deep Forrest. 1.34.727
DC. 8.5

Compared to the other MR2's your car seems docile but it gets the job done without constantly thinking about throttle input, like Otaliema 's let it coast through the corners , was one of the easiest cars to get the last corner consistently . Well done.

@Praiano6 --- 2.53.966 --DC 8.75
Eiger. 1.19.576
DC. 8.5

Good slow speed turn in for the first section, was able to hold a good line on the right hander before the tunnel without getting out of shape, and once you got the right amount of throttle lift off for the section after the tunnel it was a fairly easy drive.

Deep Forrest. 1.34.390
DC. 9

Very safe on this track, the rear had great grip that allowed you to get on the gas so early without loosing everything , especially the longer corners and when it did slide it wasn't excessive , my only problem was the last corner I just can't seem to get a consistent line through there, but that's me not the car . Well done

@brian wolf -- 2.56.293 --DC 7.5
Eiger. 1.20.314
DC. 7.5
A decent set up , does everything well, but the rear is just a bit too slippery to get through the right hander before the tunnel and the right left after the tunnel consistently.

Deep Forrest. 1.35.979
DC. 7.5

A bit of a strange one here,to me the car felt reasonably well, I could keep a decent driving line, it changed direction good enough and the wheel spin wasn't as bad here, but it was slow , it was the heaviest of the MR2's by 33to 63 kilo's , I tried it with less weight and it was quicker in parts but made the rear more slipperier .

@Lionheart2113 --- 2.53.794 -- DC 8.375
Eiger- 1.19.188
DC. 8.75
This was a pleasant surprise, right from the start the car felt good, the turn into the corners was good , wheel spin was manageable coming out of corners and the right hander after the tunnel was a breeze every time.
Job well done.

Deep Forrest. 1.34.606
DC 8

Really good brakes and it was quick but in the faster sections I was constantly fighting the rear, much like Ronald's the rear couldn't match the front in grip, an edge of your seat ride. Overall well done.

@Ronald6 --- 2.54.705 -- DC 7.75
Eiger. 1.19.627
DC. 7.75

I tried to be gentle but there were too many places where I lost traction, brakes and low speed turn in we're good, I had trouble with the right hander before the tunnel with lack of traction,it got through the other side of the tunnel pretty good without getting out of shape.

Deep Forrest. 1.35.078
DC. 7.75

Really good front end grip that handled most of the track well , but I had trouble from the fast left hander at the bottom of the hill leading up to the tunnel and the other two after the tunnel, the rear would let go and I couldn't get the speed and control the slide, the pit lane grabbed me twice.

Thanks to Dolhaus for putting together this quite enjoyable contest, it has definitely improved my throttle control, and to you tuners who really make the game so much more enjoyable to us non tuners who much of the time use your settings without so much as a thank you.
Sorry about all the fractions in the DC's but that how I felt a car was at the end of a session, very little between one and another, but that's what you get having to divide by 2.

Last edited:
Intriguing idea, averages are not my strongest point in mathematics but always thought that removal of a single data point would skew results, and just subbing the average time in place of it to get a number wouldn't do anything.
So I grabbed the viper strike results, coped it to a new sheet Tuner eliminated test sheet and you can see the effects here. over all of the three tuners that tested only one person was actually effected in placement was, me :odd: My place improved because I couldn't drive my tune as well as the rest of the testers. There was a standard eeffect in that their times dropped, the viper strike was not a super tight race so little movement and we only had 3 tuner/testers. Past challenges that were much tighter the podium could have shifted allot.

The way the sheet is set up is Columns A & B are the original results. C & D as just flat removing the tuner from their own result, E & F are placing a sub time of the actual average from the rest of the testers back in. which had no actual effect on the time.
I'm not sure what I'm looking at here? What does this mean in terms of future application of results? Which is the correct way to do it?

For the record, I'm not changing anything else at this stage, I've already had to let things slide and I'm not doing it again

I'm not sure what I'm looking at here? What does this mean in terms of future application of results? Which is the correct way to do it?

For the record, I'm not changing anything else at this stage, I've already had to let things slide and I'm not doing it again
I don't think anyone was saying that it should be changed on this one...atleast I hope not because like you have mentioned @DolHaus you've let some things slide, and although I've never been a host, I can only imagine all of the work that goes into it. But going forward I honestly believe that the boys are onto something and should be looked at and maybe tried out in the next challenge. There has been a gray area when it comes to tuners testing and scoring their own tunes.

To test 16 or more cars on 2 tracks represent a big big job and a lot of time to spend behind the wheel. It´s easy to be a tuner, you choose a car, tune it and post it in a shootout. I can do a car like this in 5 minutes but i need around 8 or 10 hours to test all of them.
I´m not driving my car faster than all the others, i´ve just made it exactly the way i like and i´m faster with it, that´s all. I don´t test to make a better time and like this have an advantage in the contest. I test because i like it, because it necessary to have a max quantity of testers to have reliable results and because there is not a lot of people ready to do this.
We can do rules for the next contest, like blind testing or else ,this one have to be finished the way it begin in my opinion. I´m 100% sure that i´ll not win it , testing my own car or not and i don´t care about winning or not, i don´t care at all.
Let´s have fun and only fun.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°

I don't think anyone was saying that it should be changed on this one...atleast I hope not because like you have mentioned @DolHaus you've let some things slide, and although I've never been a host, I can only imagine all of the work that goes into it. But going forward I honestly believe that the boys are onto something and should be looked at and maybe tried out in the next challenge. There has been a gray area when it comes to tuners testing and scoring their own tunes.
I agree that a better solution needs to be found, tuners testing their own car definitely throws biased variables into the mix and potentially alters the results.

The example given by @Otaliema looks promising but as I mentioned before, if the results are very close across the range then its not a problem, the problem comes when you have a tester that is considerably faster/slower than the rest of the group, removing that set of results can alter things substantially. I would need to see more examples using a wider range of results before being able to say whether the solution was appropriate and causing less variance than the original problem.

To test 16 or more cars on 2 tracks represent a big big job and a lot of time to spend behind the wheel. It´s easy to be a tuner, you choose a car, tune it and post it in a shootout. I can do a car like this in 5 minutes but i need around 8 or 10 hours to test all of them.
I´m not driving my car faster than all the others, i´ve just made it exactly the way i like and i´m faster with it, that´s all. I don´t test to make a better time and like this have an advantage in the contest. I test because i like it, because it necessary to have a max quantity of testers to have reliable results and because there is not a lot of people ready to do this.
We can do rules for the next contest, like blind testing or else ,this one have to be finished the way it begin in my opinion. I´m 100% sure that i´ll not win it , testing my own car or not and i don´t care about winning or not, i don´t care at all.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°
Well said 👍

I don't think anyone intentionally sets faster laps or bumps up their DC, its just a matter of familiarity. Of course the tuner will be faster in their own car, they've done 100+ laps in it and its tuned exactly how they like it, when compared to a car they've got to learn and grade within 10 laps it would have to be pretty special to even get close.

Its all just part of the process, at the end of the day its not like anyone wins anything except for a pat on the back from your peers :lol:

Last edited:
Certainly not too late to sign up as a tester, the more the merrier :cheers:
Please be sure to read the rules in the OP, build cars to exact spec and make sure grip is set to Real in the track settings (resets if you leave track) 👍

Testing opens in 27hrs and there will be 2 weeks to post your results. If you have any further questions or issues then feel free to ask :gtpflag:

Looks like I'm going to have time, so you can put me down as a tester for the Street Classics also! I love both of those tracks so this should be fun.

I´m 100% sure that i´ll not win it , testing my own car or not and i don´t care about winning or not, i don´t care at all.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°

It's all about taking part, my friend. On the occasions that I've tuned and tested, I've been uber critical of my own car. We're all honest folk and I don't think anyone here is going to take exception to people doing both.

However, this being said, and as I've already said here, testers are hard to come by and even harder to keep hold of. I don't know what the answer is, may be we could look at running two field events in the future, whereby if you want to tune you do so for one group and test for the other? :indiff: It's a tricky situation...

{Cy}

It's all about taking part, my friend. On the occasions that I've tuned and tested, I've been uber critical of my own car. We're all honest folk and I don't think anyone here is going to take exception to people doing both.

However, this being said, and as I've already said here, testers are hard to come by and even harder to keep hold of. I don't know what the answer is, may be we could look at running two field events in the future, whereby if you want to tune you do so for one group and test for the other? :indiff: It's a tricky situation...

{Cy}
That is what I was thinking, however, some may steer away because they would rather not test. I only chose one class to tune for this competition. That way I could test the other and not have to do my own. I will be harder on my tune than anyone else but feel weird giving it a DC score.

@macdog54 Great reviewing!👍 Well done for stepping up. It really helps the tuners to get another perspective on their tunes!:cheers: Will we get DC scores when you post the Deep Forrest results?

ps thanks for being kind about my horror!
Very much agreed with this...and for the record, you don't have to be so nice with @brian wolf 's tune.:mischievous: @macdog54 I'm surprised by you testing 20 laps in each, that is quite the undertaking. I think most of the testers usually run between 5-10...if we haven't gotten our best time or put it into the wall enough by then, it probably won't get any better. But second the notion of stepping up to testing and very nicely done...I'm sure we are all anxiously awaiting your DC scores.👍

@macdog54 Great reviewing!👍 Well done for stepping up. It really helps the tuners to get another perspective on their tunes!:cheers: Will we get DC scores when you post the Deep Forrest results?

ps thanks for being kind about my horror!

Thanks very much, I've only done a few cars at Deep Forrest and will put the DC scores up as soon as I've finished there.
Comfort mediums don't really help on this drift machine, would be a very different car on softs.
I also noticed that the cars tuned with a wheel tendered to be slipperier .

Last edited:
Very much agreed with this...and for the record, you don't have to be so nice with @brian wolf 's tune.:mischievous: @macdog54 I'm surprised by you testing 20 laps in each, that is quite the undertaking. I think most of the testers usually run between 5-10...if we haven't gotten our best time or put it into the wall enough by then, it probably won't get any better. But second the notion of stepping up to testing and very nicely done...I'm sure we are all anxiously awaiting your DC scores.👍

Thanks Lionheart, I've got plenty of time on my hands after work and 20 laps is only half an hour, I would only be grinding in the game anyway.... It generally takes me a while to get a decent lap through all sections, DC scores are still a few days away..... I really like Brian wolfs colour , that counts doesn't it:lol:

Thanks Lionheart, I've got plenty of time on my hands after work and 20 laps is only half an hour, I would only be grinding in the game anyway.... It generally takes me a while to get a decent lap through all sections, DC scores are still a few days away..... I really like Brian wolfs colour , that counts doesn't it:lol:
Yes, the color is important and right now all of @brian wolf tunes in my garage are in purple cars. Any more Mary comments and it will be changing to pink!:dopey:

All cars were given a minimum of 20 laps using a DS3 controller.
Please forgive me for the lack of any real help in these reviews, for a non tuner I really struggle with this part of testing and spend nearly as much time on this part of the job.
Deep Forrest still to come.

@sinof1337
Eiger. 1.20.397
DC. xxx

Has good turn in for the first section if you take a slow inside line, was hard to turn if I went just a little bit wide, throttle control was easy to manage and the uphill section caused no problems.

@787bcgr
Eiger. 1.20.231
DC. xxx

For the most part the car handled pretty well, but you really had to be on the right approach ,it handled the first section reasonably well but is quite slippery, and the left right after the tunnel was a problem getting a consistent run through without too much sliding. The ABS 0 took a bit of getting used to and took a fair bit to lock up, the difference with ABS 1 was .432.

@nijalninja
Eiger. 1.20.089
DC. xxx

Drives pretty well, a bit more turn in/ grip for the first few corners would be good,handles from the right hander before the tunnel to the finish line really well .

@Ridox2JZGTE
Eiger. 1.21.039
DC. xxx

This car was at a disadvantage straight away as i don't drive many FF cars and ABS 0 gets changed to ABS 1 as soon as I get to the first corner normally.
After twenty laps I never once passed the time I did with the stock car, it took me six attempts to get around the first corner without overshooting while trying to adjust to the brakes, corner rotation was not so good ,
I know that your specs are based on real cars ... but for me I found without the ballast the car turned and felt better. 62:38 weight distribution V 58:42.
I spent a lot of laps with this car to give the no ABS a decent go but in the end it's not for me, sorry

@ImToLegitToQuit
Eiger. 1.19.779
DC. xxx

Surprisingly quick considering the not so good traction at the front, it has good turn in and the rear comes comes around with the slightest bit of throttle lift off, ran consistent times through out. Pretty good overall .

@krenkme
Eiger. 1.19.924
DC. xxx
Gets around the first set of corners well, but finding the right line on the way up was a hit and miss, with the right line there's just the one little lift off for the right hander after the tunnel, then it's full power to the top, get it a little wrong and there's two or three little back offs because of the way FF's pull to the outside under power.
Overall the car did every thing pretty good ...

@randyrockstiff
Eiger. 1.20.262
DC. xxx

Really had to work hard to get the car to stop consistently,turn in for the first section was reasonably good but you have to wait for the rear to come around before accelerating so the car doesn't pull to the side,same for the uphill section.

@xande1959
Eiger. 1.20.313
DC. xxx

Feels really good this car, turns and breaks good for its weight compared to the light weights and feels more alive compared to Shaun's

@DolHaus
Eiger. 1.19.420
DC. xxx

Does every thing really well, you can get aggressive in the slow corners without worrying where the rear will end up, it brakes well and gets around the corners with no fuss, a really good setup .

@shaunm80
Eiger. 1.20.205
DC. xxx

Not a lot to say about this car , it's like your old faithful ... gets the job done without any fuss, you could drive it for a long time without really having to concentrate about throttle control or anything else.
Probably needs to be driven with a manual and aggressively to get through the second corner ( the left hander) in first gear just to get the rear around a bit better, what's strange is that Xande's car will go down to first gear most times at that corner.... Overall a good setup.

@Otaliema
Eiger. 1.19.395
DC. xxx

Pretty much ticks all the boxes , it handled everything well without getting out of shape, well done.

@Gino Caberlin
Eiger. 1.19.449
DC. xxx

A very easy drive, really good traction , gets through the uphill section without any fuss, does everything well, just feels a little restricted to the others.

@Praiano6
Eiger. 1.19.576
DC. xxx

Good slow speed turn in for the first section, was able to hold a good line on the right hander before the tunnel without getting out of shape, and once you got the right amount of throttle lift off for the section after the tunnel it was a fairly easy drive.

@brian wolf
Eiger. 1.20.314
DC. xxx
A decent set up , does everything well, but the rear is just a bit too slippery to get through the right hander before the tunnel and the right left after the tunnel consistently.

@Lionheart2113
Eiger- 1.19.188
DC. xxx
This was a pleasant surprise, right from the start the car felt good, the turn into the corners was good , wheel spin was manageable coming out of corners and the right hander after the tunnel was a breeze every time.
Job well done.

@Ronald6
Eiger. 1.19.627
DC. xxx

I tried to be gentle but there were too many places where I lost traction, brakes and low speed turn in we're good, I had trouble with the right hander before the tunnel with lack of traction,it got through the other side of the tunnel pretty good without getting out of shape.
I noticed that it tends to be a bit slow in the first corners of Eiger, and I believe it is because the front spring rate was just too much. Thanks.

Yes, the color is important and right now all of @brian wolf tunes in my garage are in purple cars. Any more Mary comments and it will be changing to pink!:dopey:
You really need to stick with orange my friend, let's get back to calling you "The Great Pumpkin"

P.S. - Overcast here today, expecting rain, Mr. Banks said I should ask if I might be able to borrow your "Special Umbrella". ;)

You really need to stick with orange my friend, let's get back to calling you "The Great Pumpkin"

P.S. - Overcast here today, expecting rain, Mr. Banks said I should ask if I might be able to borrow your "Special Umbrella". ;)
Talking of the weather, I'm feeling a bit under the weather today myself. I was wondering if @Lionheart2113 has a spoonful of sugar I can have to help the medicine go down.

Ok guys don't make him get on his bed and come chasing after you.
@macdog54 thank you for the review from either look forward to the review from deep forest.

@DolHaus what your looking at is the result of removing one time from the laps 2/3 of the times reduced by 0.500 ish seconds the other increased 0.200 ish seconds. I need to dig to find tighter/ bigger races and see what happens to the results, but I think sadly removal of the tuner will ultamitly cause their ranking to improve, fewer time stamps to be decided almost always does that.
As I stated a while back the only way to make it possible to remover a tuner from the results sheet is to have an equal number if testers.
Granted I did think of another way just now, say we get someone that wants to test but didn't have the time to cover the entire field, they just test the tuner/tester cars and we fill that number in that way all cars get the same number of results, someone else gets to test and we remove as much bias as possible from the results.

@macdog54 thank you for the review from either look forward to the review from deep forest.

@DolHaus what your looking at is the result of removing one time from the laps 2/3 of the times reduced by 0.500 ish seconds the other increased 0.200 ish seconds. I need to dig to find tighter/ bigger races and see what happens to the results, but I think sadly removal of the tuner will ultamitly cause their ranking to improve, fewer time stamps to be decided almost always does that.
As I stated a while back the only way to make it possible to remover a tuner from the results sheet is to have an equal number if testers.
Granted I did think of another way just now, say we get someone that wants to test but didn't have the time to cover the entire field, they just test the tuner/tester cars and we fill that number in that way all cars get the same number of results, someone else gets to test and we remove as much bias as possible from the results.
I think that second idea could be worth trialling as an experiment to see if it worked out, having a 3rd party provide a set of times to be substituted in place could do the job. Even better if you have more than 1 set of results to provide an average and clear up any irregularities.

I think that second idea could be worth trialling as an experiment to see if it worked out, having a 3rd party provide a set of times to be substituted in place could do the job. Even better if you have more than 1 set of results to provide an average and clear up any irregularities.
Yeah might be worth pursuing, will need to run it by the fitt counsel first don't want to go and change things up in fitt challenges with out their blessing first.

Then what will he do?.....beat us with his chimney broom?:odd:

Oh ok I see how it's going to be!:lol: Cheers guys... I'll be visiting you all soon, just have to charge up the brolly.
Just remember where it all started *cough* @Ronald6 *cough* and visit him first ok? And I think @brian wolf 's cars would look fabulous in Passionate Pink ;)

I have your back, my testing is 99% finished, 1 bonus thing to check then I will be posting later (I hope)

Be afraid, be very afraid. :mischievous: A little something for the Sherwood Twins 💡

Back