FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Challenge - Congratulations to Lionheart2113 & ImToLegitToQuit

• Thread starter DolHaus
  • 861 comments
FITT Hot Version Drivetrain Reviews

**For the record, I have never claimed to be the fastest driver, so if my times are slower than yours, know that I gave it my best and got the most out of every tune (except 2:ouch:)

All cars were given a minimum of 10 laps, with extra for driver error.
Tested with DS3, m/t, ABS 1 unless otherwise noted.
Tested by drivetrain, one track at a time, order reversed for the second track. First on track 1 was last on track 2. Last on track 1, first on track 2.

Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex(AE86):

@sinof1337 - DC 7.0
Deep Forest - 1:36.179
Eiger - 1:21.475

Overall a really nice tune, stable and easy to drive with some mild (mostly) exit oversteer. However, to me the car felt heavy and under powered even though it had the most HP. The extra weight did not help in low speed corners or with acceleration out. I do look forward to driving/testing your tunes in the future.

@787bcgr - DC 8.0 (ABS 0)
Deep Forest - 1:35.673
Eiger - 1:21.035

Fast right from the start, I did start testing early so originally tested with ABS 1 and had a total time of 2:57.669. With ABS 0, I managed to drop to 2:56.708!:dopey:! and I cannot drive with ABS 0. Had to learn to adjust turn 1 at both tracks, but when I did mid-corner speed was lower (@DF) which allowed me to get back on the throttle and with less exit oversteer. No real unexpected other handling issues with this tune at all. Getting me to drive ABS 0 and not throw the controller thru my TV, gets you extra DC points. Awesome Job. (P.S. - you did disappoint me with your photo this time though:lol:)

@nijalninja - DC 7.5
Deep Forest - 1:35.936
Eiger - 1:20.271

Soft suspension sounded like a good idea on these two tracks, but a little to soft. Made the first section of Eiger difficult. Had to be on the right line and watch throttle input, too soon and it would push wide, too late and exit oversteer. Still, a really good tune, well done.

Civic SiR II (EG):

@ImToLegitToQuit - DC 8.0
Eiger - 1:20.752
Deep Forest - 1:35.567

Suffered from FWD syndrome, low speed corner and exit understeer. I did call this tune "The Wild Thing" as it was better at DF, you could really use the looseness of the rear to your advantage more. Overall I really like this tune, fast and fun for a FWD, having to run Eiger against rear drive cars did not help.
Great Job!

@krenkme - DC 8.0
Eiger - 1:20.685
Deep Forest - 1:35.675

If Legit's was wild, this one was just crazy. There was screaming at the TV but not from this tune:)
The front end was toooo soft, and the rear could really loosen up, but in a good way. Did find the right rear wheel at Eiger actually got bluer/cooler, but it lacked the speed of the RWD. Not at all a Clueless effort.

@randyrockstiff - 7.0
Eiger - 1:21.345
Deep Forest - 1:35.895

Too stiff with the suspension, springs and dampers. Really gave this car more understeer, especially the first section of Eiger. Plus side - very comfortable, easy to drive and consistant. The braking distance also seemed longer than the others. Good job, look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

@Ridox2JZGTE - DC 7.0 (ABS 0)
Eiger - 1:21.702
Deep Forest - 1:37.285

As a Replica I treat this car differently, after all, you did bring a knife to a gun fight. Not really fair asking me to drive with ABS 0, and starting at Eiger? With real world suspension there was typical FF understeer but what I felt really hurt this car was the trans selection. Really nice ride otherwise and quite enjoyable. Decided after 4or5 laps that I had to retest this with ABS 1 and a 6spd (fixed)
**BONUS ONLY**
Eiger - (W/ 6spd fixed/ABS1) 1:20.957
Deep Forest - (w/ 6spd/ABS1) - 1:36.229
More mid corner and exit oversteer with the 6spd because you are carrying more speed, better launch and acceleration more than made up for it. Times were more in line with the others, bringing a gun (albeit only a Saturday Night Special) to the gun fight. Did enjoy this more with ABS and the 6spd, but not bad as posted either.

GTO SR:

@DolHaus - DC 10 **Also known as "The Cheater"
Deep Forest - 1:35.401
Eiger - 1:19.719

No way in the world any car this heavy should go this fast. I took your car out first, felt it to be real sluggish and that it needed a trans upgrade. Ran a 1:35.777. After testing the other 2 GTOs, I double checked your car (even though it was faster) and realized I never upgraded your trans. Installed the proper 6spd and lowered the time almost 4 tenths. At Eiger, your car was last up and on lap 1 was faster than everyone else. By lap 3, your tune was laughing at me and saying "Come on, that all you got? Push Harder!" So I did. This tune is not my style, I like more grip and less slip, but I had a big grin on my face and enjoyed every minute of it. The laps just flew by so fast. This tune made me drive totally different and I loved it. Might have made me a better tester too! However, I did feel that it gave a disadvantage to everyone before you and an advantage to everyone after, so in the interest of fairness I revisited every previously tested tune here. Thanks for the truly Awesome tune, and the extra work:grumpy:. At this point, your tune was up by 1 second at Eiger, leading me to believe that you created a ridiculously fast tune and decided to build this challenge around it. It may not have been my style or the best tune I have ever driven, but it is definately in the top 5 all time on fun. And you had me change my driving style!!! For that you get a DC of 10.:cheers:

@shaunm80 - DC 9.0
Deep Forest - 1:36.086
Eiger - 1.20.329

Now this tune is more my style, plenty of grip with just a little slip....on Comfort Mediums! Did fail you however at Deep Forest as I did not get everything I could. Another 3-4 tenths lower should have been the score but I kept messing up trying to get more. Did get all I could at Eiger. Just a tick less rear grip would have been nice. Unfortunately, turning this heavy weight in slow corners gave it a disadvantage to all the other WILD tunes. My only complaint would be the color choice. Outstanding tune in my book, and complete joy to drive. 👍 👍

@xande1959 - DC 8.5
Deep Forest - 1.36.235
Eiger - 1:20.607

This was the mirror tune to Shaun's above, with more understeer. More noticeable at Eiger. The brakes were solid, but again, turning a heavy weight at Eiger was harder than the much wilder and lighter competition. At least it was blue!

MR2 1600G:
*NOTE - If I Never drive this car again in GT6, it will be
too soon!*

@Ronald6 - DC 8.5
Eiger - 1:20.281
Deep Forest - 1:35.433

NOT A "MARY POPPINS" tune, more like "Chitty chitty Bang Bang". This thing was wild and hard to control. You said to be smooth, hard to do with the BLOR, and even worse, letting off the throttle could send you spinning. Add in exit understeer and it was totally frustrating, but not as much as your twin brother (more on him later). Small margin of error kept me on my toes, recovery was extremely difficult. When I did get it smooth and right, it was actually pretty quick and enjoyable.....
it just was not often. Kudos my friend, sure a wheel user would find it easier.

@praiano63 - DC 9.0
Eiger - 1.19.955
Deep Forest - 1.35.136

Honestly, this is the first time I have ever driven one of your tunes. I have looked at them, but never built and drove any. Was not dissappointed. With Rigidity Improvement, I did find some mid-corner understeer and exit oversteer, but very controllable and fast. Without, less understeer and exit oversteer but much less stable thru the fast section of Eiger. My best lap without was 1:19.950, .005 faster. I did test it at DF without and was .134 slower. This is why, for me, I felt it made little difference. Really great, fast tune Sir!

@Lionheart2113 - DC 9.5
Eiger - 1.19.523
Deep Forest - 1.35.306

Eiger - Loved it! Lap 3 set the fastest lap, LAP 3! Spent the rest of the time trying to beat it but could only manage to keep within 1 tenth.
Deep Forest - Hated it! Spoonful of sugar? More like a quart of whiskey and a bottle of aspirin....Not really, but it was extremely frustrating. And yes, plenty of screaming, if not for the wife being home I may have 1 less controller and no HD TV. The problem was, the best lap at Eiger had exit understeer at the right hander before the tunnel and was still the fastest. At DF, it was fastest everywhere, just not the same lap. The rear could have a mind of it's own and ruin a good lap. I would be up 7 tenths and lose it on the last turn(even managed an unwanted trip down pit road, don't ask). Or I would mess up early, and the car was so fast and good that it was only 1 tenth off at the line. Fabulous tune once I put it all together with the lowest combined time.
Keep it orange my friend, that color fits you and is working for you! :D

@Gino Caberlin - DC 7.5
Eiger - 1:20.382
Deep Forest - 1:35.460

Nice tune, very easy to drive and consistent, smooth on exit. But felt under powered and slow with the choice of trans. I tested with the 6spd everyone else used, but you may want to stop reading here. It gave the car some exit oversteer but was much much quicker. The times - Eiger 1:19.977 after 5 laps.
Deep Forest after only 4 laps - 1:35.108, 2 slow laps and another of 1:35.190 meaning it would have been the fastest. Also would have taken .750 (roughly) off your total time and put you in contention.
Really really good tune, very much to my liking with the 6spd.

@brian wolf - DC 7.5
Eiger - 1:20.539
Deep Forest - 1:36.195

It's New Sherwood Toning at Deep Forest! Not a lumber jack at Sherwood Forest!! This tune looked for every tree and was just as frustrating as it's Twin Brother. This is the other tune I did not get all out of at Eiger as it was just too wild for me. However, at Deep Forest it felt so good I thought I had changed something. Before I finished the first lap I had to quit and check, nope, everything is correct. So I restarted and thought it was going to be better. Foolish mortal as I am, found out it was because it was just slow. When I tried to push it for more, it fought back. I was determined to get the best out of it here and it was anything but easy. Just not an easy drive for me, sorry. I did like it more at DF though and kinda enjoyed it. Maybe if Lionheart painted if for you it might be quicker;)

@Otaliema - DC 9.0
Eiger - 1:19.887
Deep Forest - 1:35.114

Really fun tune once I got the hang of it, struggle to be consistant though and yet another trip down Pit Road on DF :banghead:. Keeping it on the line was key to going fast but was hard for me to do. I do believe it would have been close to Lionheart if I ran another ten laps,.....maybe......it had the feel of somewhere around a 1.34.7 or 8, but may need an alien to get it for you.:irked: Lovely tune and awesome color choice. Great Job:tup:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited:
GTO SR:

No way in the world any car this heavy should go this fast. I took your car out first, felt it to be real sluggish and that it needed a trans upgrade. Ran a 1:35.777. After testing the other 2 GTOs, I double checked your car (even though it was faster) and realized I never upgraded your trans. Installed the proper 6spd and lowered the time almost 4 tenths. At Eiger, your car was last up and on lap 1 was faster than everyone else. By lap 3, your tune was laughing at me and saying "Come on, that all you got? Push Harder!" So I did. This tune is not my style, I like more grip and less slip, but I had a big grin on my face and enjoyed every minute of it. The laps just flew by so fast. This tune made me drive totally different and I loved it. Might have made me a better tester too! However, I did feel that it gave a disadvantage to everyone before you and an advantage to everyone after, so in the interest of fairness I revisited every previously tested tune here. Thanks for the truly Awesome tune, and the extra work:grumpy:. At this point, your tune was up by 1 second at Eiger, leading me to believe that you created a ridiculously fast tune and decided to build this challenge around it. It may not have been my style or the best tune I have ever driven, but it is definately in the top 5 all time on fun. And you had me change my driving style!!! For that you get a DC of 10.:cheers:
Hahaha thank you for the review, I promise I didn't build the challenge around the car :lol: It was actually a late replacement for the 4X4 Celica which was of similar pace but there were already too many Toyota's so I opted for the Mitsubishi.
Great times, no need to be apologetic for them 👍
(Sorry about the extra testing :lol:)

[QOUTE=@randyrockstiff[/USER] - 7.0

Too stiff with the suspension, springs and dampers. Really gave this car more understeer, especially the first section of Eiger. Plus side - very comfortable, easy to drive and consistant. The braking distance also seemed longer than the others. Good job, look forward to seeing more from you in the future.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for the review mate @Bowtie-muscle

[QOUTE=@randyrockstiff[/USER] - 7.0

Too stiff with the suspension, springs and dampers. Really gave this car more understeer, especially the first section of Eiger. Plus side - very comfortable, easy to drive and consistant. The braking distance also seemed longer than the others. Good job, look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

Thank you very much for the review mate @Bowtie-muscle[/QUOTE]

You did really well for your first time out, I liked it, just could not get the speed of the others.

@Ronald6 your tune was the final MR2 tune, was not looking forward to it at Deep Forest but it was better than expected. Difficult yes, but not bad and the DC reflected that. Could not have been too bad since you were 5th I believe in my testing combined time.👍

Edit - sorry for the double post:banghead:

Has anyone made any progress on testing the Road Racers yet? I will be starting soon but I'm just curious about how everyone else is getting along
Jus got back home last night and the wife is off to work tomorrow, I'll be starting the road racers then.
@DolHaus I think you might want to check the google spreadsheet. Average DC scores might be off:scared:

@Bowtie-muscle sorry that it acted like 2 different cars for you. The strange thing is I tested for DF and only took it for a "spin" at Eiger. But yes, I had the same difficulty, I would be up on my ghost only to lose it (if I didn't have my rhythm) lap after lap. Shocked that you gave it such a high DC score with it giving you headaches and almost the loss of a few electronics.:sly: But I appreciate it. I am looking forward to taking it back out with @praiano63 advice about the ride height. I might have to adjust my tuning order if it feels better and finds some speed. Orange it is...seems lucky for me!:cheers:

Last edited:

@shaunm80 - DC 9.0
Eiger - 1.20.329

Now this tune is more my style, plenty of grip with just a little slip....on Comfort Mediums! Did fail you however at Deep Forest as I did not get everything I could. Another 3-4 tenths lower should have been the score but I kept messing up trying to get more. Did get all I could at Eiger. Just a tick less rear grip would have been nice. Unfortunately, turning this heavy weight in slow corners gave it a disadvantage to all the other WILD tunes. My only complaint would be the color choice. Outstanding tune in my book, and complete joy to drive. 👍 👍

Thank you for the review. you can be rest assured that in the next competition ill be painting any car I tune blue just to appease your dislike of GT Japanese colour. :) You pretty much summed up all I thought about the car nicely there.

@shaunm80
Eiger: 1:19.695
Deep Forest:1:35.455

Combined: 2:55.140
DC: 8

A very stable and solid feeling tune. It had tons of grip but would only really run one line around both courses, if you deviated from the path slightly then you ran into a wall of understeer. It ran the one line really well but you couldn't take it by the scruff of the neck and make it work for you, you just had to concentrate on being super clean and consistent. Solid and consistent but not the most exciting drive.

Again. many thanks for DolHaus for the review. Your point is fair about the driving line, That is more my natural style so I made the car as quick as possible on the racing line. On another note, your time in my car was seriously quick. over a second better than what I managed in testing so well done for that.

Thank you to all the other testers as well. I fully acknowledge the amount of time you guys put in for testing and really appreciate this. Keep up the great work guys :)

**For the record, I have never claimed to be the fastest driver, so if my times are slower than yours, know that I gave it my best and got the most out of every tune (except 2:ouch:)

Tested by drivetrain, one track at a time, ordered reversed for the second track. First on track 1 was last on track 2. Last on track 1, first on track 2.

@sinof1337 - DC 7.0

Overall a really nice tune, stable and easy to drive with some mild (mostly) exit oversteer. However, to me the car felt heavy and under powered even though it had the most HP. The extra weight did not help in low speed corners or with acceleration out. I do look forward to driving/testing your tunes in the future.

Fast right from the start, I did start testing early so originally tested with ABS 1 and had a total time of 2:57.669. With ABS 0, I managed to drop to 2:56.708!:dopey:! and I cannot drive with ABS 0. Had to learn to adjust turn 1 at both tracks, but when I did mid-corner speed was lower (@DF) which allowed me to get back on the throttle and with less exit oversteer. No real unexpected other handling issues with this tune at all. Getting me to drive ABS 0 and not throw the controller thru my TV, gets you extra DC points. Awesome Job. (P.S. - you did disappoint me with your photo this time though:lol:)

@nijalninja - DC 7.5
Deep Forest - 1:20.271
Eiger - 1:35.936

Soft suspension sounded like a good idea on these two tracks, but a little to soft. Made the first section of Eiger difficult. Had to be on the right line and watch throttle input, too soon and it would push wide, too late and exit oversteer. Still, a really good tune, well done.

Civic SiR II (EG):

Suffered from FWD syndrome, low speed corner and exit understeer. I did call this tune "The Wild Thing" as it was better at DF, you could really use the looseness of the rear to your advantage more. Overall I really like this tune, fast and fun for a FWD, having to run Eiger against rear drive cars did not help.
Great Job!

@krenkme - DC 8.0

If Legit's was wild, this one was just crazy. There was screaming at the TV but not from this tune:)
The front end was toooo soft, and the rear could really loosen up, but in a good way. Did find the right rear wheel at Eiger actually got bluer/cooler, but it lacked the speed of the RWD. Not at all a Clueless effort.

@randyrockstiff - 7.0

@Ridox2JZGTE - DC x.x (ABS 0)
Deep Forest -

As a Replica I treat this car differently, after all, you did bring a knife to a gun fight. Not really fair asking me to drive with ABS 0, and starting at Eiger? With real world suspension there was typical FF understeer but what I felt really hurt this car was the trans selection. Really nice ride otherwise and quite enjoyable. Decided after 4or5 laps that I had to retest this with ABS 1 and a 6spd (fixed)
**BONUS ONLY**
Deep Forest - (w/ 6spd/ABS1) - Coming as soon as I can get my daughter off of Minecraft:grumpy:

GTO SR:

@shaunm80 - DC 9.0
Eiger - 1.20.329

@xande1959 - DC 8.5
Deep Forest - 1.36.235

This was the mirror tune to Shaun's above, with more understeer. More noticeable at Eiger. The brakes were solid, but again, turning a heavy weight at Eiger was harder than the much wilder and lighter competition. At least it was blue!

MR2 1600G:
too soon!*

@Ronald6 - DC 8.5

NOT A "MARY POPPINS" tune, more like "Chitty chitty Bang Bang". This thing was wild and hard to control. You said to be smooth, hard to do with the BLOR, and even worse, letting off the throttle could send you spinning. Add in exit understeer and it was totally frustrating, but not as much as your twin brother (more on him later). Small margin of error kept me on my toes, recovery was extremely difficult. When I did get it smooth and right, it was actually pretty quick and enjoyable.....

@praiano63 - DC 9.0
Eiger - 1.19.955
Deep Forest - 1.35.136

Honestly, this is the first time I have ever driven one of your tunes. I have looked at them, but never built and drove any. Was not dissappointed. With Rigidity Improvement, I did find some mid-corner understeer and exit oversteer, but very controllable and fast. Without, less understeer and exit oversteer but much less stable thru the fast section of Eiger. My best lap without was 1:19.950, .005 faster. I did test it at DF without and was .134 slower. This is why, for me, I felt it made little difference. Really great, fast tune Sir!

@Lionheart2113 - DC 9.5
Eiger - 1.19.523
Deep Forest - 1.35.306

Eiger - Loved it! Lap 3 set the fastest lap, LAP 3! Spent the rest of the time trying to beat it but could only manage to keep within 1 tenth.
Deep Forest - Hated it! Spoonful of sugar? More like a quart of whiskey and a bottle of aspirin....Not really, but it was extremely frustrating. And yes, plenty of screaming, if not for the wife being home I may have 1 less controller and no HD TV. The problem was, the best lap at Eiger had exit understeer at the right hander before the tunnel and was still the fastest. At DF, it was fastest everywhere, just not the same lap. The rear could have a mind of it's own and ruin a good lap. I would be up 7 tenths and lose it on the last turn(even managed an unwanted trip down pit road, don't ask). Or I would mess up early, and the car was so fast and good that it was only 1 tenth off at the line. Fabulous tune once I put it all together with the lowest combined time.

@Gino Caberlin - DC 7.5

Nice tune, very easy to drive and consistent, smooth on exit. But felt under powered and slow with the choice of trans. I tested with the 6spd everyone else used, but you may want to stop reading here. It gave the car some exit oversteer but was much much quicker. The times - Eiger 1:19.977 after 5 laps.
Deep Forest after only 4 laps - 1:35.108, 2 slow laps and another of 1:35.190 meaning it would have been the fastest. Also would have taken .750 (roughly) off your total time and put you in contention.

@brian wolf - DC 7.5

It's New Sherwood Toning at Deep Forest! Not a lumber jack at Sherwood Forest!! This tune looked for every tree and was just as frustrating as it's Twin Brother. This is the other tune I did not get all out of at Eiger as it was just too wild for me. However, at Deep Forest it felt so good I thought I had changed something. Before I finished the first lap I had to quit and check, nope, everything is correct. So I restarted and thought it was going to be better. Foolish mortal as I am, found out it was because it was just slow. When I tried to push it for more, it fought back. I was determined to get the best out of it here and it was anything but easy. Just not an easy drive for me, sorry. I did like it more at DF though and kinda enjoyed it. Maybe if Lionheart painted if for you it might be quicker;)

@Otaliema - DC 9.0

Really fun tune once I got the hang of it, struggle to be consistant though and yet another trip down Pit Road on DF :banghead:. Keeping it on the line was key to going fast but was hard for me to do. I do believe it would have been close to Lionheart if I ran another ten laps,.....maybe......it had the feel of somewhere around a 1.34.7 or 8, but may need an alien to get it for you.:irked: Lovely tune and awesome color choice. Great Job:tup:

That tune was a bit rushed, and I admit I misread the testing stats and thought that you would be testing on Matterhorn Rotanboden. That tune had never even been on Eiger until I entered it into the competition. I am just happy that it was even slightly good on that track. Thank you.

Jus got back home last night and the wife is off to work tomorrow, I'll be starting the road racers then.
@DolHaus I think you might want to check the google spreadsheet. Average DC scores might be off:scared:

@Bowtie-muscle sorry that it acted like 2 different cars for you. The strange thing is I tested for DF and only took it for a "spin" at Eiger. But yes, I had the same difficulty, I would be up on my ghost only to lose it (if I didn't have my rhythm) lap after lap. Shocked that you gave it such a high DC score with it giving you headaches and almost the loss of a few electronics.:sly: But I appreciate it. I am looking forward to taking it back out with @praiano63 advice about the ride height. I might have to adjust my tuning order if it feels better and finds some speed. Orange it is...seems lucky for me!:cheers:
I will recheck the figures after work, I did the maths late last night so there is every chance I messed up somewhere 👍

Edit: fixed

Last edited:
@Lionheart2113 DC score goes by how much I enjoyed it, it was FAST everywhere, the driver (and maybe the DS3) were the cause I think. Also, at Eiger you had the fastest lap on lap 3!!!!! Finally, because your combined time was the best. Struggled with Ronald6 tune a little and gave him the DC I felt was appropriate.

@shaunm80 does not have to be blue, black or red maybe, just not a color that reminds me of mustard:yuck:
:lol::lol::lol:

@sinof1337 Very nice tune you had there, easy to drive and stable. You were up against a bunch of wild ones first time out. Car choice hurt too, as times say the MR2 was the top dog this time. Very glad to see you join in, stick around and keep having fun with this group, like your tuning style.

@nijalninja really not bad for a 1 track tune, read what I said to sinof1337^^^^^car choice. Did put down good lap times with, Just a bit too soft, but it was fun to drive.

Tested by drivetrain, one track at a time, ordered reversed for the second track. First on track 1 was last on track 2. Last on track 1, first on track 2.

@sinof1337 - DC 7.0

@nijalninja - DC 7.5

Civic SiR II (EG):

Great Job!

@krenkme - DC 8.0

@randyrockstiff - 7.0

**BONUS ONLY**
More mid corner and exit oversteer with the 6spd because you are carrying more speed, better launch and acceleration more than made up for it. Times were more in line with the others, bringing a gun (albeit only a Saturday Night Special) to the gun fight. Did enjoy this more with ABS and the 6spd, but not bad as posted either.

GTO SR:

@shaunm80 - DC 9.0
Eiger - 1.20.329

@xande1959 - DC 8.5
Deep Forest - 1.36.235

MR2 1600G:
too soon!*

@Ronald6 - DC 8.5

@praiano63 - DC 9.0
Eiger - 1.19.955
Deep Forest - 1.35.136

@Lionheart2113 - DC 9.5
Eiger - 1.19.523
Deep Forest - 1.35.306

@Gino Caberlin - DC 7.5

@brian wolf - DC 7.5

@Otaliema - DC 9.0

You summed up the car pretty well, I missed the mark a bit on the tail for stability, never quite found the sweet spot to keep the weight transfer smooth so it's very sudden and it just tossed the tail to one side

Thanks to all testers for giving honest review about my entry, the Civic EG :) I can't respond to all of them, but I'll just say the review are as expected, the car will make any driver adapt and work on the brakes, picking the perfect line, throttle modulation mid corner, the full monty :D. The car was built to reflect real life performance, a front heavy FF with stiff coilover, aggressive LSD ( like most aftermarket Japanese LSD ) and ordinary street tire, will need serious skill to push hard on the street without understeering in every turn, let alone at the track in track pace, semi slick + braking skills are highly recommended :P :lol: I should have used equal ride height, considering the ride height at front lower give the opposite effect of real life :lol:, but I always aim for authenticity :lol: The Civic entry can still be improved a lot, as I entered the initial build made in 1.08, fine tuning on damper, ARB, camber and toe will improve rotation. I am now at 1.09, updated last week, and have been enjoying my EU F40 replica at Red Bull Ring on CS tire, back in 1.08 the F40 was a bit slippery and nervous with higher camber at the rear, now at 1.09, the car has a nice balance, with more rear grip on cornering, stable but sharp, nothing needs changing, it was perfect since pre 1.08. My upcoming Gallardo SL, R8 GT ( both CS ), Ferrari 512BB ( CM ) replicas built on 1.08, were all tested at Red Bull Ring, they were all perfect.

Here is a little tip for the Civic, kind of late :lol: : use the handbrake on mid corner when you realized you are about to go wide / understeer. A little flick is all what FF car needed, Dori Dori style, he did it many times driving the Spoon Civic Type R FD2 at Ebisu, Spoon understeers :D Shame I can't make a replica of it, the springs are very stiff, not possible in GT6 :lol:

Thanks to all testers for giving honest review about my entry, the Civic EG :) I can't respond to all of them, but I'll just say the review are as expected, the car will make any driver adapt and work on the brakes, picking the perfect line, throttle modulation mid corner, the full monty :D. The car was built to reflect real life performance, a front heavy FF with stiff coilover, aggressive LSD ( like most aftermarket Japanese LSD ) and ordinary street tire, will need serious skill to push hard on the street without understeering in every turn, let alone at the track in track pace, semi slick + braking skills are highly recommended :P :lol: I should have used equal ride height, considering the ride height at front lower give the opposite effect of real life :lol:, but I always aim for authenticity :lol: The Civic entry can still be improved a lot, as I entered the initial build made in 1.08, fine tuning on damper, ARB, camber and toe will improve rotation. I am now at 1.09, updated last week, and have been enjoying my EU F40 replica at Red Bull Ring on CS tire, back in 1.08 the F40 was a bit slippery and nervous with higher camber at the rear, now at 1.09, the car has a nice balance, with more rear grip on cornering, stable but sharp, nothing needs changing, it was perfect since pre 1.08. My upcoming Gallardo SL, R8 GT ( both CS ), Ferrari 512BB ( CM ) replicas built on 1.08, were all tested at Red Bull Ring, they were all perfect.

Here is a little tip for the Civic, kind of late :lol: : use the handbrake on mid corner when you realized you are about to go wide / understeer. A little flick is all what FF car needed, Dori Dori style, he did it many times driving the Spoon Civic Type R FD2 at Ebisu, Spoon understeers :D Shame I can't make a replica of it, the springs are very stiff, not possible in GT6 :lol:
I tried the handbrake, I tried feinting the car, I tried intentionally locking the brakes and sliding it through, I tried weaving under braking to shed more speed, I tried every trick I know! The only trick with the brakes is to brake waaaay earlier than you should have to :lol:
I really think the brakes need knocking up a click or 2 on both ends, even for ABS 0. The rest of the car is fine, doesn't feel too bad at all on the stiff springs, its just that the brakes are badly underpowered. @Otaliema had a similar issue on his car but the ABS made it manageable and the brakes could get the car stopped, with yours it felt like the brake lines needed bleeding as no matter how hard you jumped on the pedal the car just didn't slow down.

I'd suggest increasing the brake values a little and maybe lower the front compression to give it a little more feeling, I imagine the spring rates are those numbers for replica purposes so I wouldn't expect those to change. As I said before, its not a bad car, just needs some stop to match the go 👍

@DolHaus yeah the brake cakes on my mr2 were one click lower front back than what would lick the tires so you could slam them and still control the car under breaking.
Mmm... brake cakes :lol:
Your brakes felt very light but they did get the car stopped. Not really suited to my driving style but they were usable and did allow for good control on entry, felt like on tracks where more braking finesse was required they'd be perfect.

If anyone is interested in extra torture........ummm......I mean loads of fun :sly:, when you are done with testing, I will be posting my other three (MIS)FITT tunes in my garage. Then you can tell me if I made the wise choice with the NSX. But be sure to finish your regular testing first. Should be posted in a day or two. Link is in my sig. :D

@sinof1337 - DC 7.0

@nijalninja - DC 7.5

Civic SiR II (EG):

Great Job!

@krenkme - DC 8.0

@randyrockstiff - 7.0

**BONUS ONLY**

GTO SR:

@shaunm80 - DC 9.0
Eiger - 1.20.329

@xande1959 - DC 8.5
Deep Forest - 1.36.235

MR2 1600G:
too soon!*

@Ronald6 - DC 8.5

@praiano63 - DC 9.0
Eiger - 1.19.955
Deep Forest - 1.35.136

@Lionheart2113 - DC 9.5
Eiger - 1.19.523
Deep Forest - 1.35.306

@Gino Caberlin - DC 7.5

@brian wolf - DC 7.5

@Otaliema - DC 9.0

New picture?:)

GT6_nsx_zpsd77d3443.jpg

the tune
abs 0
sport medium tyres
improved rigidity

suspension.
RH 70/70
SR 10.19/14.51
DC 3/4
DE 1/3
ARB 1/3
CAM 2.8/3.1
TOE -0.24/0.27
BRAKES 6/6

transmission

LSD 10/28/10

power limiter 90.0%
0kg 0
df: 150/325

Tuner Notes
Sorry testers, it sux.
Apologies for double post.
1 question....Did you have any Engine Tuning? Stage2/3?

hi guys, ive not got round to testing as yet been very busy.... daughters had me run off my feet along with trying to get things sorted for the new kid arriving. i will try get some tests in tonight. im not sure if i need to test though so any info would be great.

@Bowtie-muscle - you have one of your results reversed:

@nijalninja - DC 7.5

just wanted to make sure it doesn't go into the spreadsheet the wrong way round 👍
Thank you for catching my mistake, fixed.

@DolHaus please take note of my mistake and ensure the scoring is correct, sorry about that. :guilty:

@787bcgr I was kind of joking, normally you have great photos of your tune, this time you went in a different direction. Feel free to show one off if you feel up to it. :dopey:

Last edited:
hi guys, ive not got round to testing as yet been very busy.... daughters had me run off my feet along with trying to get things sorted for the new kid arriving. i will try get some tests in tonight. im not sure if i need to test though so any info would be great.
If you only have time for 1 class then please test the Road Racers as we have no feedback on them yet. If you can't find the time then don't worry about it, real life always comes first 👍
Thank you for catching my mistake, fixed.

@DolHaus please take note of my mistake and ensure the scoring correct, sorry about that. :guilty:

@787bcgr I was kind of joking, normally you have great photos of your tune, this time you went in a different direction. Feel free to show one of if you feel up to it. :dopey:
I think I corrected it without noticing when entering the times so no worries there 👍

@DolHaus ive got two cars left in classics and than I'll get working on the racers hopefully I'll get them done in time. Have a large chunk if time Thursday so should complete them

@DolHaus ive got two cars left in classics and than I'll get working on the racers hopefully I'll get them done in time. Have a large chunk if time Thursday so should complete them
Awesome 👍
I've just started the Road Racers so hopefully I should have some results posted tonight even if I don't get them all done

Back