FITT Miata Tuning Challenge

The wife is back to work this week...been off with that bug that seems to be worldwide, so I should get some good GT6 time in...with all of that said, would there be any objections to me being a tester to all classes? I've been doing the Red Bull challenges whenever I do get an hour to play, so I've got the funds!👍

I OBJECT!!!!

:lol:

Nah, not really. Go for it. Just don't quietly shuffle your car up a few ranks in your tests. :P And manage your time. This is A LOT to get through, even by normal standards.

I OBJECT!!!!

:lol:

Nah, not really. Go for it. Just don't quietly shuffle your car up a few ranks in your tests. :P And manage your time. This is A LOT to get through, even by normal standards.

You can polish a 🤬 As much as you like, it's still a 🤬. I already know all of the bad things to say about my car in the review! I'm my own harshest critic!:lol:

hi guys,
I was finally able to implement all the settings cars for Street Touring Roadster Tuners '07 Rotenboden
that work, but I like that :P
However, I encountered some problem with some setup as listed below:

DRIVER: Engine parts problem with limiter :irked:
Xande: Engine parts problem with limiter :irked:
PKS: limiter is not mentioned, is it 91.2% ??
ONBOY123: the adjustment of the gearbox seems to me strange, no ??
:odd:

can you please check these parameters ??
thank you and good Sunday :)
hello seb15000
-please explain me better because I did not (engine parts with limiter):confused:

MX-5 SR-LIMITED (NA,J) ‘97
Buy in Chaste White, Paint GT6 Metallic 012 Anniversary Deep Blue
RAYS 57Gainer Inch Up 1 (PAINTED: Chaste White)

NO OIL CHANGE, 372pp, 135hp, 950kg, 51:49 weight dist.

PARTS INSTALLED:
F.I.T.T: SCCA SPEC MIATA

Full Suspension,
5spd Trans. Full LSD
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports exhaust
Weight Reduction 3,

SETTINGS:
Ride Height - 95 / 95
Springs - 6.25 / 5.70
Dampers(comp) - 3 / 5
Dampers(ext) - 4 / 7
Roll Bars - 3 / 5
Camber - 0.0 / 0.0
Toe - -0.12 / 0.10
Brakes - 6 / 5
Limited Slip Diff - 9 / 10 / 8
Ballast - 78kg @ 35 Power limiter to 90.1%

***Recommended change - Lower LSD Accel to 8 or 9! I tried and it did improve feel on exit and lap time!

Last edited:
You can polish a 🤬 As much as you like, it's still a 🤬. I already know all of the bad things to say about my car in the review! I'm my own harshest critic!:lol:
Yay for being stupidly harsh on your car. *high five* :lol:

But yeah, you WILL get bored of the grind, no doubt. That's…what, 54 tunes to test in total, unless my maths is a bit whack. I applaud you for taking up this challenge…but are you sure you know what you're in for? :lol:

hello seb15000
-please explain me better because I did not (engine parts with limiter):confused:

h ok no worries
well actually I do not understand the parts of engine install :rolleyes:
FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE MECHANICAL ??
I can not find 450 PP with 86.1% limiter

By strange, you mean "why is top speed setting so damn low"? Or are the actual ratios not correct?

If it's the "112mph" thing…get used to it, I'm lazy. :P The final gear of 2.5 or whatever it was increases the top speed, so it's not an issue. Even if the numbers look stupid. :lol:

If it's the ratios being a bit whack, then where the hell were you Dan, why you no tell me. :grumpy:

I have not tested yet, but the numbers seem so strange to me :odd:
this is not very important I just wanted your opinion, perhaps a mistake to me :rolleyes:;)

I have not tested yet, but the numbers seem so strange to me :odd:
this is not very important I just wanted your opinion, perhaps a mistake to me :rolleyes:;)
If it's the top speed scaring you, don't be. It's just me being lazy, the gearbox works…I won't say how well since I'm sure someone has a better one out there, but it works.

I've got a quick rules technicality question: I was tuning an MX-5 with the intention of entering it into the beginner SCCA Spec Miata class. I picked the Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA) '91 (premium cockpit), but I've just looked at the eligible car list and there technically isn't anything with the "Eunos" name.

I could of course apply my settings to one of the other named variants, as I thought that the Eunos was identical to the MX5 Miata J-Limited (NA, J) and MX-5 J-Limited (NA,J) from the same year, just released in a different country.

Looking at the details, there are minor differences, Eunos stock has 351PP vs 352 for the others, Eunos is 950 kg stock vs 940 for the others, and Eunos is 3970 mm long vs 3955 mm for the others (and visually there is a front number plate!)

Hami, is it OK if I enter the Eunos version?

By the way, loving the idea of this tuning challenge. I spend most of my time in GT mucking around with light FRs on comfort tyres.👍 Also it will be very informative seeing how some of the old hands set up their cars, as someone else mentioned, having a single model turns it into a pure setup challenge rather than a car selection challenge.:cheers:

Cheers,

Bread

Hami,there is no adjustable 5 speed for the Spec Miata correct? It's standard 5 speed?

Correct. Non adjustable 5 speed for the Spec class.

I've got a quick rules technicality question: I was tuning an MX-5 with the intention of entering it into the beginner SCCA Spec Miata class. I picked the Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA) '91 (premium cockpit), but I've just looked at the eligible car list and there technically isn't anything with the "Eunos" name.

I could of course apply my settings to one of the other named variants, as I thought that the Eunos was identical to the MX5 Miata J-Limited (NA, J) and MX-5 J-Limited (NA,J) from the same year, just released in a different country.

Looking at the details, there are minor differences, Eunos stock has 351PP vs 352 for the others, Eunos is 950 kg stock vs 940 for the others, and Eunos is 3970 mm long vs 3955 mm for the others (and visually there is a front number plate!)

Hami, is it OK if I enter the Eunos?

Bread

The only reason that we limited it to the MX-5 is to keep the cost down for the test drivers. If GT6 had car sharing it would not be an issue. But, since we have no car sharing, I would prefer that you revise your tune to fit in an MX-5.

@Motor City Hami - It might be an idea to introduce a standardised tuning sheet in future contests, would make it much easier for testers to follow tuning instructions. I've noticed that transmission tuning is sometimes difficult to match if you don't know about the techniques used, would be nice to have more detailed instructions on how to reach the posted figures.

Yay for being stupidly harsh on your car. *high five* :lol:

But yeah, you WILL get bored of the grind, no doubt. That's…what, 54 tunes to test in total, unless my maths is a bit whack. I applaud you for taking up this challenge…but are you sure you know what you're in for? :lol:

As long as I don't get a "Honey Do" list, I'll have plenty of opportunity for that many races over the next 2 weeks! Shame they can't be tested online....would love to organize a room for the testers to run around in testing tunes, meeting other testers, and having fun.

As long as I don't get a "Honey Do" list, I'll have plenty of opportunity for that many races over the next 2 weeks! Shame they can't be tested online....would love to organize a room for the testers to run around in testing tunes, meeting other testers, and having fun.

I was actually thinking about trying to get a lobby with the different classed cars in it. Could provide some good photomode entries (which I've still got to take photos for!)

I'd only be available from 9am-1pm British time every day this week. TV is overrun by the kids and the woman in charge after that...I'm too :nervous: to argue!:lol:

This is upsetting to me to say, as both my cars are done and 1 of my photos are done, but I have been unable to get home long enough to turn on my PS3. Ive been home long enough to shower/shave change clothes and head out again.
im fine, but one of my close friends isnt. Im hoping to be able to get home today before I go to work tonight, but its not looking good right now. He's not sick or hospitalized, my friend has an emergency issue with his home im helping him with and he has children. Its been negative degrees at night, so we are racing to fix the issues.
Needless to say, im not getting any sleep today before work , lol.

I will try but most likely wont be able to participate today.
I should have posted what I had when I was on Friday. My fault.

h ok no worries
well actually I do not understand the parts of engine install :rolleyes:
FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE MECHANICAL ??
I can not find 450 PP with 86.1% limiter

- POWER
. power limiter = 86,1%
. Racing Exhaust
. TURBO KIT (High RPM Range Turbo Kit)

- BODY
. Ballast Weight + 80 Kg
. Ballast Position =28,0%

- that way I'm using:cheers:👍

If anyone wants, my tunes are final and ready to be driven. I threw my tame, easy to drive car tuning method out the window this time, so you better put that harness on and be prepared to change your pants. I took the '07 Roadster around Autumn Ring after getting both tuned, and beat my Improved Touring (SH tires) using CS on the '07 (only by .2xx secs, but still...)

MX-5 SR-LIMITED (NA,J) ‘97
Buy in Chaste White, View attachment 122346Paint GT6 Metallic 012 Anniversary Deep Blue
RAYS 57Gainer Inch Up 1 (PAINTED: Chaste White)
NO OIL CHANGE, 372pp, 135hp, 950kg, 51:49 weight dist.
PARTS INSTALLED:
F.I.T.T: SCCA SPEC MIATA

Full Suspension,
Full Trans, Full LSD
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports exhaust
Weight Reduction 3,
SETTINGS:
Ride Height 95 95
Springs 6.25 5.70
Dampers(comp) 3 5
Dampers(ext) 4 7
Roll Bars 3 5
Camber 0.0 0.0
Toe -0.12 0.10
Brakes 6 5
Limited Slip Diff 9 / 10 / 8
Trans: Set Final to 5.500(max), Top Speed to 112(min), Then
1st 2.550
2nd 1.730
3rd 1.310
4th 1.070
5th 0.900
Final 5.000
Ballast 78kg @ 40
Power limiter to 90.1%
Never really ever got completely happy with this, especially the trans gearing.
Mid 1:27 average, “Magic Lap” 1:26.914

Correct. Non adjustable 5 speed for the Spec class.
@Bowtie-muscle don't want you to get disqualified before the deadline tonight.

- POWER
. power limiter = 86,1%
. Racing Exhaust
. TURBO KIT (High RPM Range Turbo Kit)

- BODY
. Ballast Weight + 80 Kg
. Ballast Position =28,0%

- that way I'm using:cheers:👍

Mr Xande
I do not want to be unpleasant, but using only exhaust racing and high turbo kit with 86.1% + reduction weight I can only have 432 PP :irked:
we speak well of the Mazda Roadster NC'07 ??
or when some thing escapes me :rolleyes:

Oil change? I think it was an option on the 450PP cars, I'm not sure. Don't go change it yet, I'm not sure of the rules enough to say that's the case.

So far it doesn't seem that bad for buying the cars in the Spec class...with all the options of cars, I've only got this so far....this list is based off of Hami's links on page 1.

SCCA Spec Miata

MX-5 S-Special Type I (NA,J) '95
backnfourth
Jack Wilson

MX-5 SR-Limited (NA,J) '97
Bowtie-muscle
HTR Tuning

MX-5 Miata SR-Limited (NA,J) '97
DozUk
Ridox2JZGTE

MX-5 (NA) '89
DaBomm4

MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
Chipmonk77

MX-5 J-Limited (NA) '91
bread82

No more need for this....Hami's got it covered!

Last edited:
oil change is not allowed !!!

here is a photo for you Onboy123
the curve of your adjustment of a speed box looks like this, it's the same for you ??

12882328204_17e93d636a.jpg

Back