Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

500PP
Racing Hard
274 bhp
826 kg
52:48 Weight Distribution

Generic Wing - Type D
Maziora Andromeda II paint bought from Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept '10
RAYS 57Xtreme +2 inch painted in Moulin Rouge bought from Plymouth Superbird '70

Parts to Buy:
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Stage 3 Engine Tuning
Supercharger

Add all power parts before setting transmission

Suspension:
90 || 80
9.00 || 12.00
3 || 4
5 || 6
3 || 4
0.0 || 0.0
-0.10 || 0.10

Brakes:
7 || 5

Adjust to your preference, but front bias suits me

LSD:
8 || 18 || 15

No engine limiting

Aero:
200 || 500

Ballast:
31 @ +50 (Full right)

Transmission:
Set final gear to 5.000
Set Max Speed to 112mph (Full left)
Then set individual gears to

Then final gear to 3.600

After this only adjust final gear to the longest straight on each track.
This setting allows no room for slipstream at Silverstone as it just hits the limiter on a couple of the straights.

Comments:

I can get low 2:08's at Silverstone, and I'm still no good at all at that track, I much prefer the shorter variations. Probably capable of 2:06 or lower in better hands/feet than mine.

Tuned at Brands Hatch GP (I did a 1:28.186 which surprised me - my 550PP Rocket does mid 28s), but it is still pretty good at Silverstone I just lowered the Accel by 2 points and adjusted the transmission, but everything else is just right. You can be quite aggressive on the rumbles (it helps), but be careful on the one on the last corner before the S/F line, I've flipped this car there as well as many other cars. Also you don't need to brake at all for the first corner/sweeping right - just lift off and you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Don't know if I'll be able to tune both classes. I'm short on time and credits.

Got my Apricot Hill car almost ready (1800 '04). Running around the low 33's but I know I the car can go faster, I just have no experience on this track. 192 ft-lb torque for now - May lower/raise it. I'm absolutely loving Apricot Hill, lovely track.

a few minor changes to the suspension and total rebuild of the transmission was just completed on the Roadster '07, stable 1:46.xxx now even with mistakes in the runs. Curious to see what it does in the hands of the testers.

Ok, my NB MX5 is pretty much done, a few laps in the 1:32 range makes me wonder if there's something in my water lately. Though I only just noticed that only the "Miata" models are eligable…so, does anyone know if there's any major difference between the "MX5" and "Miata" model? Obviously, the slightly worse handling due to the extra bit of badge tacked onto the back has an effect. :lol:

Ok, my NB MX5 is pretty much done, a few laps in the 1:32 range makes me wonder if there's something in my water lately. Though I only just noticed that only the "Miata" models are eligable…so, does anyone know if there's any major difference between the "MX5" and "Miata" model? Obviously, the slightly worse handling due to the extra bit of badge tacked onto the back has an effect. :lol:

Looks like I have a rather bad co driver :lol:, he only managed mid 1:33s with my tune :lol: Do you mind to share your sector times ( 1st and last ) ? I would guess somewhere 30s on 1st sector and 1:03s last sector ?

Thanks, looks like the time lost on my co driver lap are on 1st left turn and the hairpin after the long straight after the long left curve :)

Glad to help. 👍 Though I will say, not sure if it's just the MX5 in general, but the first corner in this car is pretty much a test of how ballsy/skillful you are. :lol: You can either end up with massive rotation because of the weight shifting, or you can balance it with a bit of throttle and hope it doesn't end up in the gravel. After that corner, it's fine…but that corner is terrifying for some reason.

EDIT: Testers please be aware I have changed the transmission on both of my entries, new settings on both my SCAA Improved Touring Class entry and my Street Touring Class entry.

=== Warning ===
=== Warning ===

Contents highly unstable!

=== Warning ===
=== Warning ===

I became obsessed with this build. I couldn't drive anything else till I was done. I think I may have overdone it and tuned it too far, making it undrivable by anyone besides me. I used SH tyres to tune it and didn't switch to SM till the tune was complete. I hope that strategy worked. The only part I adjusted after upgrading the tyres was Racing Brakes.
My best time on SH tyres was:1:44.551.
My best time on SM tyres was: 1:41.887.

My entry for the GTP FITT Miata tuning challenge: Street Tuning Class
Settings:
All aids off, ABS 1
Grip: Real
Controller: DFGT
FFB: 7
Controller Sensitivity: Irrelevant!
Offline, Arcade Mode, Time Trial

SM tyres
Ride Height 130 / 126
Springs 5.95 / 6.10
Dampers 4/4 // 2/2
ARB 5 / 5
Camber 0.0 / 0.0
Toe -0.01 / +0.08
Brake Balance 10 / 8

Transmission:
Final full right, top speed full left, then:
1: 2.605
2: 1.975
3: 1.580
4: 1.330
5: 1.145
6: 0.999
F: 3.900

LSD: 8/16/19

Full Suspension
Racing Brakes
Full Transmission
Full LSD
3 plate clutch
Carbon driveshaft
99.6% PL
Stage 1 Engine Tuning
Sports Computer
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Stage 3 Wt Reduction
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

Distance driven: 1,055.9 miles
PP: 450
Max HP: 233 @ 7,200
Max Tq: 179.4 @ 5,700
Drive train/asperation: FR/NA
Weight: 920kg, 52/48
Power to weight ratio: 3.94

Here is a track / car guide:
(Feel free to ignore it or comment on anything)

Downshift into 4th just before the apex of the first corner, then 3rd in the middle of the chicane. Get the outside wheel on the curbing on both corners. Stay to the left after cresting corner two, you don't want to be on the inside of corner three.
For the followup chicane, miss the curbing on the first corner (corner three of the complex) but cut as close as you can on the second corner.
Braking isn't needed on the first complex! Let the cars' suspension do the work. All the control you need can be done by throttle.

Now your on a short straight into the top of the hill U turn. There is a bump just at the start of the mid corner, if you stay outside and aim in towards the apex you'll miss the bump and hit a good late apexing line for the exit. Don't start braking till after the white edging ends. Once you start to brake, don't waiver, also don't get on the gas then the brake again. A good line must be a smooth down then up on the brake followed by an equally smooth throttle application, but I increase the throttle in bits as the corner dynamics change.

Now your going downhill.
At the first right kink into a left corner brake at the white edging, throttle before the start of the left corner (you gotta get the weight back). Keep pushing the front of the car inwards to combat the natural understeer till you hit the uncoiling point.
On the next corner, a long right hander, a slight throttle lift off might be necessary to nose in, but once the car has the correct attitude, throttle, push the nose. Apex late, the corner isn't as consistent as it might first appear.
Still going downhill.

Next up is CoMA, corner of many arrows. Two things need to be remembered for this corner:
First, don't try to get on the outside of the left turning corner by getting on the inside curbing of the right kink. Ignore the kink, go down the track slightly right (aim for the blind spot, :) ).
Second, don't brake, but don't full throttle through either. When you hit the inside curbing on the kink (which is the outside curbing for the next corner) go down to a coasting throttle, enough to keep the weight back but not enough to $©&@W you up. This throttle will keep the car stabilized before the braking zone.
As soon as the car reaches the dark patch on the right hand side BRAKE! Try to let off at the end gently, or the BLOR (brake lift off rotation) will have you pounding the wheel, staring the wrong way on the track. It would be best to complete the braking completely before the start of the corner, then throttle through. Staying on the outside of the entry is ideal, the inside cups and disturbs the car too much. At mid corner the car is parallel with the bottom of the corner curbing (the U corner is flat on the bottom) and you should be up against it as you climb the exit of the corner.

Now the technical section.
Just about every corner here should be taken the same way: brake way early and accelerate through. In order to get the fastest line on the sharpest corners you will need to aim inside the apex and let the car slip out under throttle as you power past the apex. Make the braking and throttle motions consistent and don't waiver.
On the last corner before the uphill sprint, don't let the back slip.

I have my tuning notes saved if anyone is interested but its a wall of text that would crush the Hulk so I won't post it unless asked.

Last edited:
@Ronald6 I think I can tame that, it's nearly identical to one if the the tunes I flip flopping on with my Roadster for Rotenboden.
And hey as for not doing anything else for this challenge I logged a combined 2000+ km across my 4 cars from this challenge.

Tune update, made some changes to the spring rate ride height and LSD on the Roadster '07 bit faster now, have pulled some high 1:45's just have to be gutsy on the downhill dog leg turn gotta hit it just right. the link in my tune post has auto updated.

Tune update, made some changes to the spring rate ride height and LSD on the Roadster '07 bit faster now, have pulled some high 1:45's just have to be gutsy on the downhill dog leg turn gotta hit it just right. the link in my tune post has auto updated.
Are you updating the tune you´ve published since last tuesday ? This can be a problem for the testers who already have tested the published tunes. Normally we don´t touch it anymore.

I'd agree with you Rido, but can see praiano's point.( if you are given 2 hours for an exam and you hand in your test, you can't ask for it back...) I'd be fine retesting just as long as the tuner do their best to make the testers aware of the changes (big flashing lights, loud horns, and the like) but posting an update will be enough!. I would love to change mine, due to other tunes being spot on IMO. Oh well, what's done is done I'll accept the harsh criticism and the last place tuner trophy.

Last edited:
I don't mind if tuners made changes as long as it's not done after the deadline ( to follow the rules written ), and IMO this is not an exam, we are posting our car setup to be tested, we have deadline for posting it and deadline for the testers. I think the rules should be more clear, whether to allow updates before deadline and when do the testers should start testing the cars.

:D I'm in this for fun ( reading testers review ), as well as researching on adapting real life setup for my future replicas and not for winning.

This is just a rule we have applied since a long time . Since the first GT5 shootouts.
Testers spend a lot of time driving the cars, they can always begin to test before the tuner´s dead line. That´s why.
Just my 2 cents, Hami is the boss.

I wouldn't post a tune if I didn't think it was finished. Usually the more time I spend on a tune the worse it gets so I don't go back to it.

Just thought that was the norm, rather than an unwritten rule.

The tune for Spec Miata that I posted/updated back in 24th of February still said not final under tune notes ( wonder if any tester test it anyway ), I will leave it, if I edit it to say final, I'm afraid I will break the norm :lol:

My Improved Touring Tune still says placeholder + under testing + polishing stage, it was updated last Sunday, I will leave it like that as well :lol:

The tune for Spec Miata that I posted/updated back in 24th of February still said not final under tune notes ( wonder if any tester test it anyway ), I will leave it, if I edit it to say final, I'm afraid I will break the norm :lol:

My Improved Touring Tune still says placeholder + under testing + polishing stage, it was updated last Sunday, I will leave it like that as well :lol:

As a long-time (well quite a few shootouts now) tester for FITT I've grown accustomed to not testing until after the deadline because I know that tunes change.

And I forgot to add that also physics can change (PD and their updates popping mid-shootout, lol).

Last edited:
The official tune deadline is Sunday, midnight wherever you live. Technically you can change your tune, per the rules, until that time. Some testers do like to get a head start. I look at it more of a courtesy to the early testers that it is better to post only completed tunes in this thread. I have seen others post a tune with a note that says that they are still working on it.

So official rule - changes are allowed until deadline
Out of respect for early testers - keep changes minimal or wait until closer to the deadline to post

THAT crest gets me every time at Rotenbaden 🤬

I've put together my tune for the Street Touring Class. The car handles superbly out of the box so it didn't take much suspension tweaking - most of my time was taken up with testing difference weight/power balances.

Spec:
Street Touring Class
Car: Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07

Wheel / Controller: Fanatec CSR with ABS 1
Power: 231bhp
Weight: 920kg
Weight dist.: 52/48
Performance Points: 450PP
Tires: Sports Medium

Suspension: Height-Adjustable, Fully-Customisable Suspension

Ride Height: 110/110mm

Spring Rate: 6.02/5.56 kgf/mm

Dampers (Compression): 1/1

Dampers (Extension): 5/5

Anti-Roll Bars: 2/5
Camber Angle (-): 0.00/0.00
Toe Angle: 0.00/0.00

Brakes: Racing
Bias: 7/7

Transmission: (Fully Customisable Transmission)

Speed: 143

1: 3.157
2: 2.233
3: 1.678
4: 1.319
5: 1.083
6: 0.929

Final: 4.1

Limited Slip Differential: (Fully Customizable Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential)
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 14
Braking Sensitivity: 12
Clutch & Flywheel: Triple Plate
Drive Shaft: Carbon

Power
Oil Change: No
Power Limiter: 98.7%
Engine Tuning: Standard
Computer: Standard
Exhaust: Semi-racing
Exhaust Manifold: Standard
Catalytic Converter: Standard
Intake Tuning: Standard
Turbo Kit: Stage: High RPM Turbo
Nitrous Oxide (N2O): No

Body
Body Rigidity Improvement: No
Aero Kit: Type B
Rear wing: Custom Type A
Front downforce: N/A
Rear downforce: 20
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Hood: Carbon bonnet
Windows: Weight reduction
Ballast: None
Ballast position: N/A

The official tune deadline is Sunday, midnight wherever you live. Technically you can change your tune, per the rules, until that time. Some testers do like to get a head start. I look at it more of a courtesy to the early testers that it is better to post only completed tunes in this thread. I have seen others post a tune with a note that says that they are still working on it.

So official rule - changes are allowed until deadline
Out of respect for early testers - keep changes minimal or wait until closer to the deadline to post
Ok, it´s your shootout. I just don´t see the point to post tunes if they are not finished.
Testers have a really big job. They drive hours and hours just for fun, taking over they precious time testing a lot of cars.
Testing in several categories around 10 laps for each car represent more or less 10 hours of driving time.
This is why testers have all my respect and why they have the right to begin to test any posted tune before the tuner deadline.

Testing in several categories around 10 laps for each car represent more or less 10 hours of driving time.
This is why testers have all my respect and why they have the right to begin to test any posted tune before the tuner deadline.
👍
And there is no one on gtplanet that wouldn't give you and your efforts all of their respect, praiano.

Back