FITT Miata Tuning Challenge

I am a flexible person. If you need a few more days to post your tunes, that is fine. I will allow it for family emergencies.
If you could wait until just tomorrow morning when I get home from work, it shouldn't take me more then like an hour to get them all posted and pictures uploaded and linked.

Thanks man ^^

Updated the links to the tunes. I have grouped the tunes by car then alphabetical. This should make it much easier for the testers to build the cars.

Pay special attention to the Street Touring and Touring Car classes. Body Rigidity is allowed, so you way want to run those cars last.

Looking for tunes from these tuner:

SCCA Spec Miata Tuners
@demonchilde TBD
@Harsk100 TBD
@killerjimbag TBD

SCCA Improved Touring Miata Tuners
@XDesperado67 TBD

Street Touring Roadster Tuners
@JackWilson TBD
@XDesperado67 TBD

Let me know if I missed any tunes or have incorrect links. Also let me know if I missed if you added Improved Body Rigidity in the two upper classes.

Last edited:
@Motor City Hami, Chipmonk77 has the MX-5 Miata '89 while I have just the MX-5 '89. You also have demonchilde tagged to DolHaus's improved touring tune.
I will be tuning the following two cars;

Spec-miata class = MX-5 J-Limited II (NA, J) '93 (Hemi°-Orange body/Hemi°-Orange rims)

Improved Touring class = MX-5 Miata 1600 NR-A (NB, J) '04 (Nero Nemesis body/Nero Nemesis rims)

I'm only stating this so noone else does the exact same thing. Not that anyone would have thought to paint them in Dodge and Lamborghini colors besides me, lol, but just in case)
Just fyi for the list.

Everything else looks good though.

Roadster RS (NC) '07

Stats:

PP: 450
Power: 197 HP
Weight: 925 KG
Torque: 186 ft-lb
Tires: SM/SM

Suspension:
Ride Height: 92/96
Spring Rate: 4.02/3.78
Dampers (C): 10/7
Dampers (E): 4/4
Anti-Roll: 4/5
Camber and Toe: 0/0

Brake Balance: 5/5

Transmission (In order):

Reset to Stock -> Set Max Speed: 130 MPH

1: 2.878 (Never used on lap)
2: 2.223
3: 1.746
4: 1.429
5: 1.183
6: 0.935

LSD:
Initial: 12
Accel: 15
Braking: 16

Parts to Buy:
- OZ Racing Ultraleggera Wheels (Darker Variety)
- Racing Brakes
- Triple Plate Clutch
- Carbon Drive Shaft
- Supercharger
- Stage 3 Weight Reduction
- Carbon Hood Body
- Window Reduction
- Front Aero (Type B)
- Flat Floors

Misc Items:
11KG Ballast @ 4%
Power Limiter: 100.0 %

hello Ugabugaz,
thank you for the adjustment, but I get to a weight of 931 KG 925 KG and not ;)

MR Hami, I think you forget the link Ugabugaz :)

Harsk100
SCCA Spec

MX-5 SR-Limited'97
Comfort Soft Tire

My suspension (Front/Rear)
Ride Height- 90/90
Spring Rate- 3.50/3.17
Bound- 10/3
Reboud- 10/3
Anti-Roll Bars- 7/3
Toe Angle- 0.0/0.0
Camber Angle- 0.00/0.20

Power: 135 HP
Weight: 950 kg
Weight Ballast: 39
Distribution of Weight: 52-48
Brakes- 5/5
Gearbox: 5 Speed Manual
Isometric Exhaust Collector
Power Limiter to 99.5 %
Weight reduction Level 1

No aids, just ABS.

With my settings, my car did the time of 1'33.370

Last edited:
I have my car ready.

Confort Soft
The Suspension, Transmission settings are the same as the Replica of Ridox
Brakes- 5/5
Power Limiter to 99.5 %
Weight reduction Level 1

Photo will be put soon.

Can you edit this post and include everything all in one post; car name, and all settings. Thanks.

Can you edit this post and include everything all in one post; car name, and all settings. Thanks.
It's done!

I'll chose MX-5 SR-Limited'97 because of Liveries.

Confort Soft
The Suspension, Transmission settings are the same as the Replica of Ridox
Brakes- 5/5
Power Limiter to 99.5 %
Weight reduction Level 1

Photo will be put soon.

PS: What is the track which will be on this championship?

…two things.

1. You sure you've got Ridox's permission to use his tune? :odd: I'm going to ignore the "ethics" of using someone else's stuff because that'll just toss everything into murky waters, but you asked, right?

2. To answer your question, it's the Willow Springs- the Streets of Willow. Though it should have been in the OP that you'd have read when signing up…

MCH, put tracks and cars in bold next time besides your ramblings so you don't lose everyone, you got sidetracked and now look what you've done! :P

…two things.

1. You sure you've got Ridox's permission to use his tune? :odd: I'm going to ignore the "ethics" of using someone else's stuff because that'll just toss everything into murky waters, but you asked, right?

2. To answer your question, it's the Willow Springs- the Streets of Willow. Though it should have been in the OP that you'd have read when signing up…

MCH, put tracks and cars in bold next time besides your ramblings so you don't lose everyone, you got sidetracked and now look what you've done! :P
1. I didn't know that I HAD to ASK permission to use his time.

2. Yes, it should have been. When I saw the first page, the track was not there.

Well, I'd have thought it to be common courtesy to ask if you're going to use someone else's tune for a tuning competition, if only for the sake of giving credit where its due? Don't get me wrong, I'm just asking for the sake of clarity, if MCH and Ridox are fine with it, then that's that. It's just a bit…odd a move in that it's never been done before. :lol:

Well, I'd have thought it to be common courtesy to ask if you're going to use someone else's tune for a tuning competition, if only for the sake of giving credit where its due? Don't get me wrong, I'm just asking for the sake of clarity, if MCH and Ridox are fine with it, then that's that. It's just a bit…odd a move in that it's never been done before. :lol:
. who stay with the credits, on success:confused:

Well…before this spirrals into some enormous mess that no one will have control over, let's take a step back and leave it to MCH to make the call, it's his shootout after all. @iainoflo85

To give credit where it's due, it's not identical, just largely similar. I think his ballast placement is different to yours and with a different parts list, which may be enough to affect handling characteristics.

Yeah, I know it's not identical, just feels funny, this is the first time I see someone posted a tune for a FITT shootout with only ballast and parts to set them apart. What about LSD ? Is it stock ?

Yeah, I know it's not identical, just feels funny, this is the first time I see someone posted a tune for a FITT shootout with only ballast and parts to set them apart. What about LSD ? Is it stock ?
No. My LSD has the same settings as you. But I was able to just get 1'34.645... Do you use steering wheel?

Well, I do remember -raVer- who set us testers on our way with a pretty much stock M5 in terms of parts with a default F/C LSD. Was surprisingly nice to drive, until you went backwards and then remember the 40 on the Accel setting. :lol: As for the diff…probably using yours?

Edit: dammit, too slow. Confirmed to be a la Ridox then. The results should definitely be interesting.

Wow, interesting turn of events here...glad Hami is the man to make the call!:crazy:

On a different note, me thinks that Hami might have had a trick up his sleeve for the Spec tuners. Will clarify when I post the test results, with any luck it will be tomorrow night. Very sneaky!:lol:

Updated the links to the tunes. I have grouped the tunes by car then alphabetical. This should make it much easier for the testers to build the cars.

Pay special attention to the Street Touring and Touring Car classes. Body Rigidity is allowed, so you way want to run those cars last.

Looking for tunes from these tuner:

SCCA Spec Miata Tuners
@demonchilde TBD
@Harsk100 TBD
@killerjimbag TBD

SCCA Improved Touring Miata Tuners
@XDesperado67 TBD

Street Touring Roadster Tuners
@JackWilson TBD
@XDesperado67 TBD

Let me know if I missed any tunes or have incorrect links. Also let me know if I missed if you added Improved Body Rigidity in the two upper classes.
Sorry for the delay I have a setup I will be able to post in a few hours when I get home, I understand there is a deadline which I missed so no problem if the tune can't be accepted.

Back