FITT Old Vs. New Hatchback Challenge

Which pair of cars is the best looking of the bunch?

• Total voters
About that 2J tune
1. I was wondering when i posted here, but you quoted from another topic ;).
2. If you mean, with impact stability, when you hit a AI car and it shoots away from you? Nope thats PD coding.
3. What i mean with a little bit more speed, i really mean a little bit, let's not forget that we only have (and used) 600pp and the rabbit used his orginal 663pp.
But i could have adjusted the FG to get that little bit more topspeed, so thanks again for that tune.
Yeah I forgot multi quote is cross thread -_- I was referring to the tendency to spin when it gets hit in the back or slipping off a track.

Yeah I forgot multi quote is cross thread -_- I was referring to the tendency to spin when it gets hit in the back or slipping off a track.
That's not a problem for me, because in real races, when a car is hit or has one or two wheels off tracks, they also slide/spin, so that's more realism for me.

My 69` Camaro on CS and GT Acadamy are keeping me sane! Plus not testing more than 2 pairs in one session! 👍
I've been testing one model at a time or three pairs if I feel up to it. I decided to do this as each car has particular ways of driving for best times that I have found. Even with different tunes each car likes things done a certain way.

That particular condition makes body shops very happy ;)
3 pairs will leave you dreaming of guard rails and walls. Remember, not all these cars have air bags.:dopey:
The local Honda parts supplier is doing rather well at the moment! ;)
The GT Academy keeping you sane? That's crazy talk.
I`m realistic enough to know i`m not going to win! So its just a fun, if rather safely setup car at one of the all time great tracks!:D
I've been testing one model at a time or three pairs if I feel up to it. I decided to do this as each car has particular ways of driving for best times that I have found. Even with different tunes each car likes things done a certain way.
I`m finding that each tuner has a style. So, I`m testing old, then new for each tuner. 👍

Hah, Hondas. Go Honda, go!

I was kind of wondering if it made more sense to test all the old cars then all the new cars. That way I can more easily compare the cars rather than back and forth, etc. So far, that's what I've been doing. All the old cars, then all the new cars.

I was kind of wondering if it made more sense to test all the old cars then all the new cars. That way I can more easily compare the cars rather than back and forth, etc. So far, that's what I've been doing. All the old cars, then all the new cars.
Whatever works for you! 👍 I`m finding that each tuners cars are tuned in very similar ways. So, I get used to their style in the slower car, and it makes the transition to the tyre shredders a bit easier! Each to their own though! Your way makes perfect sense too! :)

Whatever works for you! 👍 I`m finding that each tuners cars are tuned in very similar ways. So, I get used to their style in the slower car, and it makes the transition to the tyre shredders a bit easier! Each to their own though! Your way makes perfect sense too! :)
I think we all have our own strategy for testing this challenge a nice side effect of testing one car at a time is I get all the tunes done for one car with out have to exit the track as all cars have the same GT auto parts.

I think we all have our own strategy for testing this challenge a nice side effect of testing one car at a time is I get all the tunes done for one car with out have to exit the track as all cars have the same GT auto parts.
Bonus! :)👍
Yeah, good point BW. I know mine are tuned in a similar way. It's a natural thing to try to get cars to behave the way you want them to.
That was my thinking exactly. It doesn`t apply to everyone (@Lionheart2113 ;)). But it makes just as much sense to test all the old cars then then all the new cars as reference points will all be similar with tunes in the same class. 👍

If I get the time, or if I were testing, I would go car by car to save time.
Tuner by tuner is probably most thorough, old then new has a rhyme, but no reason, as they're all wildly different anyway. Now if old then new is done car-by-car, then it has rhyme and reason.

FITT Old & New Hatchback Tuner Challenge
All cars have been testet with Driving Force GT Wheel and 10 laps a Cöte d´Azur
Tuner : @
DaBomm4 Car : Ford Focus ST170 ´03 Tyres CS
Best lap Time : 1:59.090
DC : 9

After the 2nd lap, the car began to behave better, the tyres got more grib. It got a good Aceleration out of the turns but it have a little understeering, breaks are fine but easy on the breaks. Gearbox is perfect to this track.

Car : Ford Focus ST ´13 Tyres CS
Best lap Time : 1:55.721
DC : 9

Fast car, breaks very good. This car need throttle control otherwise wheelspin and red tyres but it handles well, gerabox could be a little faster but it´s doing the job.

Tuner : @Lionheart2113 Car : Honda CRX
Best lap Time : 1:58.163
DC : 8

Fun car if you like wheelspin, it´s likes to understeer out of the corners need light foot out of corners, breaks could be much better.

Car : Honda CR-Z
Best lap Time : 1:54.596
DC : 7.5

This need throttle control, or its understeer alot out of the corners. breaks need to be changes . yes it´s fast but very unstable. gearbox are for my tast to close.

Tuner : @coryclifford Car : Honda Civic 1500 3door 25i ´83
Best lap Time : 1:58.476
DC : 8.5

Nice tune , a little understeering ,under hard breaking it come out with the tail. good gearbox

Car : Honda Type R (EP) ´04 Best lap time : 1:54.877
DC : 9.8

The breaks those I didn´t like , but the rest works really good.

FITT Old & New Hatchback Tuner Challenge
All cars have been testet with Driving Force GT Wheel and 10 laps a Cöte d´Azur

Tuner : @cslacer car : Honda Life Step van ´72
Best lap Time : 1:57.674
DC : 9.8

This Little car is so stabel.even with red tyres out of the corners,it´s stays on the line , by hard breaking its stabel.
excelent tune.

Car : Honda Odyssey ´03
Best lap Time : 1:56.169
DC : 8.5

It´s A heayv car . That need much throttle control to advoid understeering, could use some stronger breaks. stability uner hard breaking coul be better.

Tuner : @Dolhause Car : Honda Civic 1500 3door 25i ´83
Best lap Time :1:58.257
DC : 9.2

Quick car with standart turbo, brakes are very good no sliding around under hard braking. Acceleration out of the corners good and fast with a little understeering.

Car : Honda Civic Type R (EP) ´04
Best lap Time : 1:53.991
DC: 8.8

No heavy right foot to drive this to advoid wheelspin out of the turns understeer a little , is fast out turns ,Brakes good Acceleration uphill very good. Nice .

Tuner : @fordracer car: Peugeot 206 S16 ´99
Best lap Time :1:58.265
DC :8.7

A stabel car I do miss a little more speed , braks works fine . gearbox good

Car: Peugeot 207 GTI ´02
Best lap time: 1:54.704
DC: 9

Understeer a little but it´s feel nice to drive around the track,only wish it had a little more speed. but all in all great car.

Tuner : @Motor City Hami Car Golf I GTI ´76
Best lap Time : 1:57.86
DC: 9.5

What it don´t have in speed, it got it in stability very stabel even under heavy acceleration out of corners and by down braking.

Car :Golf V GTI ´05
Best lap Time : 1.53.627
DC : 9.5

Nice acceleration uphill and out of corners with a little understeering but htat can be saved be throttle control. very fast gearbox perfekt to this car on this track .

Tuner : @OdeFinn car : Honda CRX
Best lap time :1:58.040
DC : 7.8

The gearbox for my tast ther was to long between the gears , understeering a little to much

Car : Honda CR-Z ´10
Best lap Time : 1:55.445
DC: 7.5

oversteer alot,and again the gearbox there is to long between the gears It's a shame for the car is pretty fast.

Tuner: @sinof1337 car : Honda Life Step Van ´72
Best lap Time :1:57.846
DC : 9.7

This tune is so close to get maxpoint. It has nearly it all it´s stabel it´s stays where I want it to be the only minus is the speed . But love that tune.

Car Honda odyssey ´03
Best lap Time : 1:56.445
DC : 8

Accleration good , brakes could be better gearbox good , but it´s understeer to much for my tast .

Tuner : @Otaliema Car Mini cooper 1.3i ´98
Best lap time: 1:56.789

Understeer/oversteer it does both but it´s very easy to save with throttle control., gearbox nice and fast .
Push it hard and it forgives you.

Car; Mini Cooper S ´11
Best lap Time :1.53.357
DC 9.4

this car screams more than a 100 girls to a One Direction Concert.
And again it understeer and oversteer , but it so esay to get back on track . brakes are great , gearbox fast shift and good speed all over the track .

Tuner: @shaunm80 car: Mini 1.3i ´98
Best lap Time :1:58.227
DC : 9.4

Fun little car.... It has not so much speed but that it compensate for in and out of corners . Brakes really good. hard braking and full throttle out of the turn. WEEEEEEE

car : Mini Cooper S ´11
Best lap Time: 1:53.954

Waaauw smoking tyres, this need throttle control but it´s give me a big smile on my old face.
easy to handle , but dont loose focus on the track. great acceleration

Back