[FIXED] Game crashes when entering online race

• Thread starter Granadier
  • 23 comments
United States
New York
Edit: Crashes have been resolved.

At a loss here as to why the game is crashing and was hoping someone here may have run into the same problem and found a solution.

If an online race is started up, ie: starting Free Practice for FIA or Time Trial for SM, the game will crash immediately after loading. Once the loading spinner finishes and it starts the piston reving animation it crashes to dashboard. The error reported is C-34878-0, but that is just a generic error code.

What I’ve done so far to try and fix:
  • Full restart of the PS4
  • Deleting network data from GTS menu
  • Clearing PS4 cache by leaving it unplugged for 30 seconds
  • Resetting the network by removing the LAN cable and reconnecting after 30 seconds
  • Rebuilding the database from safe mode (thankfully only took a few minutes)
Unfortunately the crashes continue. It isn’t localized to my user account either as it is happening for my alts as well. This is also an online only issue as offline races load up just fine.

Has anyone else encountered this? If so please share what you did to resolve it.

Last edited:
As I have the same problems I checked some other pages. There are multiple notifications of other players, too. I carefully suppose this is a PSN problem. Unfortunately I did not found a workaround for it yet. :indiff:

I tried to connect to a lobby. Got the endless spinning wheel. Closed app, now I can't even connect to PD server, error NP-32470-6

Still unable to connect! I think that’s it for the week! Hopefully it will back for a final race at La Sarthe before its gone!

Fortunately I was able to bring my both accounts back up to DR A before the PD servers went silent.

Its only GT Sport? I eas playing COD warzone one hour ago, now I can't connect to GT sport servers, no manufacturer race for me tonight

GTS is back up here even though it says you may still experience problems.
I think it was just a logjam on PSN being Sunday night.
Even Netflix was unavailable but it's also back.

Can't get into any lobby over past ~2 hours. (Connection to session timed out. [NE-210000B4])

... Can create a room tho. Doubt anyone can join

... Online working fine on CarX Online Racing... GT Sport issue

Last edited:
Resetting the network by removing the LAN cable and reconnecting after 30 seconds
That won't do anything - it'll simply reconnect to the same network. You need to reboot the router.

Anyway, PSN in general was having a massive tantrum last night. Took 15 minutes to get into CODMWR. Xbox Live fell over at about the same time too.

https://downdetector.com/

Wanted to update the thread with my latest info.

Last night I performed a full reinstall of the game and related files. Since that takes a good chunk of time I didn't end up checking it until this morning. Thankfully the game is no longer crashing like before. :bowdown:

Whether the solution to this was the reinstallation, or the PSN issues being resolved overnight, I can't be certain. The dev in me hopes that it was the reinstall though that fixed it because if the game was susceptible to crashes from PSN network issues that would indicate something terribly wrong was written into the code...

Edit: Forgot to mention; if you go the nuclear route and reinstall the whole game, make sure to backup your GTS gallery data like saved photos and replays beforehand. They don't get uploaded to cloud storage.

Last edited:
Started getting the NE-210000B4 error about a week or so ago.

This only happens when I attempt to join a room from the lobby. I get the continuous spin wheel followed by the error pop-up.

In addition, I was also disconnected from the FIA race on Saturday as I crossed the start line on lap one! Lost a load of DR. Didn’t dare try again.

So far I have:

Rebooted the router
Uninstalled all games from PS4 and reinitialised.
Downloaded the GT Sport software via PS4 and installed all files.

I have a PS4 slim with Sony DS4.
PS4 connected via LAN cable. Ping 33m.
No issues with any other games prior to uninstall.

Anyone else experiencing this or does anyone have a fix or any suggestions?

Also, could a Mod change the prefix of this thread to ”Not Fixed”. Thanks.

Last edited:
I've been crashing in lobbies recently. I suspect a permission or bluetooth conflict. Only happens when I plug my headset into the DS4 while playing on the wheel.

It starts with Party message, __can't perform voice functions, then another, another until Party ends. Lobby starts losing players, _ has left, etc.. but only from my POV, when/if I get back in everyone else is fine.

Last edited:
I've been crashing in lobbies recently. I suspect a permission or bluetooth conflict. Only happens when I plug my headset into the DS4 while playing on the wheel.

It starts with Party message, __can't perform voice functions, then another, another until Party ends. Lobby starts losing players, _ has left, etc.. but only from my POV, when/if I get back in everyone else is fine.
I've had this happen to me, you need to make sure ALL parties are done and you are out of them. Then you can try to enter a new party...

I suspect my issues are with permission compatibility with PS5 party users. There's an extra option on the PS5, "team" which is not an option on the PS4. My best guess is incompatibility with PS5 and PS4s set to share audio in gameplay. Which had issues on PS4 as well.

Back