Fixed or Recliner?

• Fixed

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Recliner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
United States
United States
Okay, I could seriously use a couple of opinions before I pull the trigger on my next move. I never thought I would be so torn trying to figure out what seat to choose and whether I should go with, fixed seat vs reclinable seat. This is going to be mounted in a Trak Racer TR120.

I've heard that you get better feel for the road, car and haptics (buttkicker) with a fixed seat but, this rig is also going to double as my Space Sim rig. Whether it be racing or spacing, I'm going to log a lot of seat time so, I want to be comfortable as possible.

In an effort to save shipping cost and provide an opportunity to test fit a seat of my liking, I decided to order from Amazon because they're "return-friendly". I'm waiting to see if the prices drop on Cyber Monday. If they do or don't, that is the day I'm pulling the trigger. So far, I have a nice fixed seat and recliner on my wishlist. I also order the necessary parts to mount either type of seat from Trak Racer. I actually contemplated keeping both options but, I can't justify that because it doesn't make much sense to do that. I need to make a choice. I need help.

Last edited:
I went with a reclining seat pulled from a 3rd generation Miata. I wanted the ability to tweak the position for comfort or the type of sim I’m playing. Plus the racing buckets are just bolstered in ways that I don’t care about for sim use. And they’re more awkward to get in and out of.

@12thgear Thanks for the reply. The bolstering and the awkwardness you speak of is what I was assuming. I canceled the fixed/bucket. I have a nice recliner on the way. Should be here just in time to bolt into my new rig. If I'm not totally in love with my recliner, I still might order the bucket I had my eye on just to get a feel for it and then decide which one to keep. I need to recover from this Black Friday/Cyber Money spending spree first.:lol:

Back