Fixing the GT6 Sound Samples With Existing Ones

• Thread starter Jav
  • 54 comments

Jav

United States
OrlandoFL GMT-5
GTP__Jav
Ok guys, so how is this thread any different from the countless post of whining and moaning about the sounds?
Easy in hopes that the people of Polyphony Digital some day see this tread! Let's keep it clear of that by suggesting alternatives for replacing bad/wrong samples for realistic correct ones for each car. Let's use an easy to read, easy to follow format:
-Use a master sample to replace a wrongly placed one by the PD team and list below which cars it could fit.

I'll start with the Premium GT cars we have, then update with Prototypes and Super GT cars. Of course everyone cooperation and contributions are welcomed as long as they are kept clean and constructive. So, let's get this going shall we?:

GT-3, GT-2, GT-LM cars

Master sample - SRT8 Challenger STR8 Touring Car from GT6 V1.1

Use this sample to fix:
- SLS AMG GT3
- Corvette ZR1 LM
- Corvette Z06 LM
- Camaro SS Touring Car '10
- C5.R Corvette '00
- SLS AMG Stealth

Master sample - Carl Edwards 2013 Fastenal Ford Fusion from GT6 V1.1

Use this sample to fix:
- BMW Z4 GT3

Master sample - Denny Hamlin 2013 FedEx Camry from GT6 V1.1

Use this sample to fix:
- All Ford GT Race Car and Test Car variants

Master sample - Audi R8 LMS Ultra from GT6 V1.1

Use this sample to fix:
- Viper GTS-R Team Oreca
- All V10 cars equipped with a Titanium Racing Exhaust

Master sample - Nissan Z GT500 from GT6 V1.1

Use this sample to fix:
- Nissan GT-R GT3 Base
- Nissan GT-R GT3 Shulze Motorsports
- Nissan GT-R GT3
- All Nissan GT-R Race or Touring Car variants except for Super GT

Master sample - GT by Citroen Race Car from GT6 V1.1
http://youtu.be/7gtXuAswmYQ

Use this sample to fix:
- M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '10
- M3 GT Base (BMW Motorsport) '10
- M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11
- Lexus I SF Racing Concept '08
- All Flat Plane Race V8 Engines including Super GT and DTM

Master sample - Redbull X2010 from GT6 V1.1
http://youtu.be/6lAVm-1hd4g

Use this sample to fix:
- Ferrari FXX
- Zonda R
- McLaren F1 GTR BMW
- McLaren F1 GTR Race Car
- McLaren F1 GTR Stealth
- McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '07
- All V12 cars equipped with a Titanium Race Exhaust

Ok thank you for looking in guys, soon will update will the LMP premium cars, Super GT premium cars and other premium Touring Cars. Let me see what you guys think!

I don't think the X1's sample would suit those loud V12 cars though. The Zonda C12's sample seems the right choice to me, but they would have to amplify it a bit to make it sound racecar-ish

I don't think the X1's sample would suit those loud V12 cars though. The Zonda C12's sample seems the right choice to me, but they would have to amplify it a bit to make it sound racecar-ish
Keep in mind we're talking about race exhaust which is pretty much an open header V12s here, they are LOUD! Real loud and all finesse you hear from that exhaust in the C12 goes bye bye!

This is what it would sound like in a normal lower revving GT car or street super car:

The R8 LMS soundsample got to much "BRRRRRRTBRRRRRT" in it (it is just the sport exhaust sample from the V10 R8 and Gallardo). I recommand the "stock" V10 sample from Alfa Tz3 stradale for the R8 LMS and the "sport exhaust" sample from the SRT '13 Viper for the Oreca one.

Jav
This is what it would sound like in a normal lower revving GT car or street super car:

I think 10 000 rpm is still a bit high...

Nice idea, but I think this sort of thing should be optional when you buy the exhaust, allowing us to select exactly which sample to use. The GT40s, for instance, should not sound like a NASCAR V8, and the SLS GT3 shouldn't sound anything like the Challenger / SRT8.

The sounds simply aren't complex enough, on account of missing an entire layer, to really cover the subtle variation from car to car. Hopefully the patch will rectify that.

I think 10 000 rpm is still a bit high...

Nice idea, but I think this sort of thing should be optional when you buy the exhaust, allowing us to select exactly which sample to use. The GT40s, for instance, should not sound like a NASCAR V8, and the SLS GT3 shouldn't sound anything like the Challenger / SRT8.

The sounds simply aren't complex enough, on account of missing an entire layer, to really cover the subtle variation from car to car. Hopefully the patch will rectify that.
Lol!! Yeah, wasn't really looking at the yach when recording that clip... But it get's the point across.

It won't be 100% accurate, but it would be way bettr than what we have at the moment.
Here's what the Ford GT sounds like in real life, the quoted sample is the closest thing I could find:

Thank you sir! I just hope someone over at PD randomly stumbles into this thread and take's some notes on what we all feel and can offer as a solution for the sound sample miss arrangement problem.

Very admirable from you really, and with a bit of luck we can make a entire work instruction for PD.

Quite sad tough; that all the advise we gave over the years in these threads falls in deaf man's ears...
We are doing their job for god's sake, advising them day in day out on what they need to improve. GTplanet is a goldmine for PD on consumer feedback, if they would only bother to make translator san read it someday.

Lol!! Translator San!!
Yes it would be nice if they indeed dropped in every now and then and look take notes. Now in their defense it would be very hard for them to realistically keep track and know what's going on with the threads, we just need to do our best to keep threads and discussions like this one organized and easy for them to follow if they do come in here every now and then.

Actually, the ZR1 LM sounds great...
(I havn't driven that one in gt6, but I know, it's the same sound as in GT5)

One idea for them is to make better use of the good 5 cylinder sounds in the game... The Fiat Coupé 20v Turbo and the Volvo S60 R have surprisingly good stock sounds (for GT standards...) ... specialy the Fiat Coupé... they could use those in the Audi Quattro (the street version)...

Couldn't find a gameplay video with the stock sound, just this one... but, you can have an idea...

Actually, the ZR1 LM sounds great...
(I havn't driven that one in gt6, but I know, it's the same sound as in GT5)
Same sound from GT5 and it seriously sounds like the car has a broken header or gasket. It sounds bad, real bad and nothing like the real C6.R.

Jav
Same sound from GT5 and it seriously sounds like the car has a broken header or gasket. It sounds bad, real bad and nothing like the real C6.R.
You are completely right Jav, but still in my opinion, that's the best V8 sound the have made.
No car sounds as aggressive as the ZR1 RM/LM

You are completely right Jav, but still in my opinion, that's the best V8 sound the have made.
No car sounds as aggressive as the ZR1 RM/LM
That's true nothing quite sounds like the real life car, but then again we need to make the most with what we have, we all know deep in our hearts that we won't be getting any new samples on GT6 so let's just hope they get to work at some point on re-distributing what we have.
Let's keep the feedback coming and this thread visible to everyone!

Gave the Super GT GT500 cars a shot last night but didn't make much progress... Will try again tonight, keep the suggestions coming guys!

Having a bit of a hard time finding good sound samples for the SuperGT cars, any suggestions?

Awesome thread. It's what I've been suggesting 👍 It would be a simple fix. I once even suggested Sound Chips. That way there won't be anymore complains. Don't like how a car sounds? Find a sound that goes with it. Problem solved.

I don't know how hard that would be for PD to implement though. But it's still a good idea. Far from realistic? Yes. But a good solution nonetheless.

Lotsa effort but none of these sounds/samples do any of the cars justice
Yes, but they would make it a lot better with very very minimal effort.
Awesome thread. It's what I've been suggesting 👍 It would be a simple fix. I once even suggested Sound Chips. That way there won't be anymore complains. Don't like how a car sounds? Find a sound that goes with it. Problem solved.

I don't know how hard that would be for PD to implement though. But it's still a good idea. Far from realistic? Yes. But a good solution nonetheless.
It would actually be very easy for them, such system already existed on GT5 with the stupid horns!!

Jav
Yes, but they would make it a lot better with very very minimal effort.

It would actually be very easy for them, such system already existed on GT5 with the stupid horns!!
Don't forget the paint chips too. And the funny thing is that fixing car sounds with sound samples already present in the game is simply a copy and paste job by pasting the sound file into another car's sound file. It shouldn't take very long.

Back