Flummoxed with pit stops

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Genuinely can't get my head around it. I went into the pits in 2nd position. Stopped pretty well on the mark. Entered in decent time. Minimum 30 second pit stop. Came out in 16th position, and finish 10 seconds off the leader.

This is against AI BTW. Is there a bug or something? It seems crazy. I can't win a race because of the pit stop situation.

Genuinely can't get my head around it. I went into the pits in 2nd position. Stopped pretty well on the mark. Entered in decent time. Minimum 30 second pit stop. Came out in 16th position, and finish 10 seconds off the leader.

This is against AI BTW. Is there a bug or something? It seems crazy. I can't win a race because of the pit stop situation.
This happens to me every race. I have watched my replays and cannot find out where I go wrong. Not pitting earns me a DQ and too fast entering/exiting earns me a DT. I am totally lost.

This happens to me every race. I have watched my replays and cannot find out where I go wrong. Not pitting earns me a DQ and too fast entering/exiting earns me a DT. I am totally lost.
I know you can lose a few seconds if you fudge the stop a bit. But not enough to go from.1st to last. I'm almost convinced there's a bug in the game and a lot of the AI aren't pitting.

Are you doing career? Championship? Single player? If you’re in single player, are you doing quick race? Race weekend?

I noticed this with career mode as well, I feel like I lost about 3 seconds per stop. I think it's just that the AI does everything perfectly when entering the pits so no time loss.

It won't make a huge difference, but I found it helpful to switch to the hood cam in the pits so I can better line up with the pit marker

Are you doing career? Championship? Single player? If you’re in single player, are you doing quick race? Race weekend?
All of the above. I have seen it in any race that requires a pitstop (even the ones that do not required tire/driver changes). The game is still awesome to race in, just would like to finish close to the top more than I do.

Back