Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Season 1 | Congrats to Champion GT_Alex74!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 745 comments

Preferred start time?

• 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 7pm GMT

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • 1pm PDT / 4pm EDT / 8pm GMT

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 2pm PDT / 5pm EDT / 9pm GMT

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 3pm PDT / 6pm EDT / 10pm GMT

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What premade liveries do you have for us to choose from? I like mine but I'm curious what you've got lying around.
I have one in Shell V-Power colors similar to the Mustang V8 Supercar, and a highlighter yellow one for Volt Lighting. Also the Total and the blue Flyin' Miata ones pictured above.

48639885217_31e9dc41d1_o.png
48639885157_16e9a7e424_o.png
48639885102_bea7061a8a_o.png
11459985994_6edf022eb5_o.png

** Thread is under construction, some links may not work **

Please vote for your preferred start time if you are interested in participating. Thanks! :D

Welcome everyone. We're back! Some of you might recognize the name of this series, some of you will not. FMSC started way back in the GT5 days, in nearly stock NA Miata's where we frequently filled TWO rooms almost every race weekend. This will be our seventh season, and although we have graduated to the Roadster TC along the way, the close racing has always been a major highlight since the beginning. Several participants from this series in the past have gone on to compete in GT Academy finals, and are still active in the FIA events.

This season we'll be following a unique format largely influenced by a real life racing series, and I think everyone will quite enjoy it. Some details:
  • Total of 6 rounds for points, 1 pre-season round to confirm settings
  • 10 minute qualifying session followed by three 15 minute sprint races
  • Some races will feature a reverse grid
Feel free to take a look around, and if you are interested in participating please take a moment to vote in the attached poll for your preferred start time.

Lobby Settings | Schedule

48639884312_3a4c5cc878_o.png

Livery Guideline

Please follow the livery guide below. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)
  • Toyo Tires - LINK - x4 stickers. Two on the front bumper, two on the rear bumper. Can be on the corners or on the sides in front/behind the tires.
  • Mazda - LINK - x1 sticker. Place on the front bumper between the turn signal lamps.
  • Number Plate - LINK - Resize so that it fits between the front door line and the rear part of the fender extension as shown in the example below. Number font and color are open, as long as they are legible.
  • Place a 3rd number on the left side of the rear panel as shown below.
  • Any 5-lug wheel can be used.
  • Windshield banner should be 'Normal'. (black)
  • Driver name is optional.
  • I have a few pre-made liveries available if you need one. :)
48639928326_54a9c86416_o.png

Driver Registration
If you would like to register for this series, click the big registration button below. It will take you to a sign-up sheet, where the entries are visible by clicking on 'Driver Lists'. If you need to make a correction to your entry, just tag me in a post with the changes and I will edit the sheet. Be sure to check the Driver's list before registering so you don't choose a duplicate number. 👍

What a championship! Of course I'll join! I'm number 33! I already made my beautiful livery!

Announcement:
It appears that we may end up getting more people registered to race than will fit into a single room, so @Wardez and I have devised a plan to sort everyone out for potentially running two rooms on race day. So, here is the plan. I just sent out friend requests to everyone on the registration list. Make sure you accept that request as you will need it to be able to access the lobby on race day. For the time being, it will allow me to see you on record lists within the game, and that is how we will do this.

Everyone has until Saturday, September 14th to run the 1-Lap Circuit Experience at Tsukuba Circuit in the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO.Final Gr.4. Your best time will then be used to determine the lobby that you will compete in for the pre-season race at Interlagos. We will likely not run the first room at capacity with only a few in the 2nd room, so they will be split pretty evenly. After the pre-season event is over, we'll make adjustments accordingly. Anyone that registers after that day will slot into one room or the other.

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20190831150513.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a good idea, but why use a car that won't represent how fast we can drive the Miata?
It's probably the most tame car in the whole Circuit Experience mode. :P I want it to be in something perminant that we can track for the whole season. We thought about using the current online TT or the Daily Race qualifying but they change a lot. The only other way is to appoint people to open lobbies when someone needs it and run a supervised hot lap, which is how we used to do qualifying in the past for this series anyway. I definitely don't have the time for that, not sure if anyone else in here does either. This I think is the easiest way.

True, but I've never had an issue with anyone reverse-sandbagging. I'm not trying to convince you to do it differently, just discussing what I know. SNAIL does it this way with a specific car on a specific track that they don't tell you about until you sign up so you can't get extra practice before hand. You're told to run as many laps as you like until you feel you can't go faster and then share the replay for their stewards to review. Another way to do that is to have people take screenshots of their settings and their screen showing fastest lap when they're done. It's still a lot to ask, but either way I trust everyone here to be honest. There's no point in hiding your speed because you'll just know right away and adjust accordingly.

For another league we got people to come in a lobby when they were available and do a short qualy session first (keeping the best lap), and then run a 5 lap session with tyre wear and take the average lap time from that. The addition of qualy + average was the time taken into account to make the splits. We were having up to 4 cars at the same time, each setting off 20 seconds after the other.

For this I guess either just qualy or a 2 laps average would be good enough.

True, but I've never had an issue with anyone reverse-sandbagging. I'm not trying to convince you to do it differently, just discussing what I know. SNAIL does it this way with a specific car on a specific track that they don't tell you about until you sign up so you can't get extra practice before hand. You're told to run as many laps as you like until you feel you can't go faster and then share the replay for their stewards to review. Another way to do that is to have people take screenshots of their settings and their screen showing fastest lap when they're done. It's still a lot to ask, but either way I trust everyone here to be honest. There's no point in hiding your speed because you'll just know right away and adjust accordingly.
For me, having limited time, this is the easiest thing we came up with. We can perfect it in the future should we need to for additional seasons.

Hello

I'm interested in this, but not sure I can make the slots. Its a good choice of car for a lobby championship.
I won't register as yet. I will follow this thread and send R1600Turbo a friend request.

D

Back