Flyin' Miata Super Cup | Season 1 | Congrats to Champion GT_Alex74!

  • Thread starter Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 745 comments
  • 36,756 views

Preferred start time?

  • 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 7pm GMT

    Votes: 14 58.3%
  • 1pm PDT / 4pm EDT / 8pm GMT

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 2pm PDT / 5pm EDT / 9pm GMT

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 3pm PDT / 6pm EDT / 10pm GMT

    Votes: 7 29.2%

  • Total voters
    24
  • Poll closed .
Also, can we not race at super-late times of day? In race 3 I had to turn my brightness up a full point just to be able to see for the entire lap, and it completely threw off my braking points.
 
Also, can we not race at super-late times of day? In race 3 I had to turn my brightness up a full point just to be able to see for the entire lap, and it completely threw off my braking points.
You'll be glad to know I decided against a night race then. :lol:
 
Thanks to everyone that participated today. Those that won races will pick up a point to start the season. I have some things to do but will post the results this evening. We'll also sort through everyone and bump people to one room or the other. Definitely some good, close racing out there!

I don't think you should do that. I won two races in second room, which I wouldn't have if everyone raced together. Also, this was pre-season anyway so...
 
Room 2 results have been posted. Unfortunately I do not have the timing information so it is what it is. Thankfully only the pre-season races. Still looking at how to split the rooms, might go by your fastest lap across the 3 races.

Naughty list: @cnd01 , @FireEmblem10 and @Mtran82 :p Didn't see you guys for the races and wasn't warned about missing them. Please let me know if you are interested in continuing with us. :)
 
Room host should have been saving replays. Fail on their part.
 
Room host should have been saving replays. Fail on their part.
I have replays from races 2&3 for room 2 but unfortunately the results are not shown in them so I don't have the gaps. A screen shot of the results would have been better.
 
I have replays from races 2&3 for room 2 but unfortunately the results are not shown in them so I don't have the gaps. A screen shot of the results would have been better.
Replays have live timing with gaps, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Edit: I see the issue. It's the timed race format not recording the race end timer.
 
Replays have live timing with gaps, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Edit: I see the issue. It's the timed race format not recording the race end timer.
Bingo
 
Replays are mainly for incident review. The screenshots are what I use for the result graphics.
 
I unfortunately will have to bow out, no longer have the time to race online during this semester (Sundays are my only day off of work as well.)

Apologies for not informing you earlier, this is the first chance I have had this entire week to sit down and catch up on everything.
 
Replays have live timing with gaps, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Edit: I see the issue. It's the timed race format not recording the race end timer.
Were you able to sort out your wheel issues? Trying to finalize the rooms and since you said you were having feedback issues I'm not sure where to put you at the moment.
 
Were you able to sort out your wheel issues? Trying to finalize the rooms and since you said you were having feedback issues I'm not sure where to put you at the moment.
It's been fine since. Between races 2 and 3, I pulled to the side and messed with the FFB in game, but ultimately didn't change any setting and it was back to normal.
 
It's been fine since. Between races 2 and 3, I pulled to the side and messed with the FFB in game, but ultimately didn't change any setting and it was back to normal.
You think the low 1:50's are accurate?
 
Low 50s should have been on the slower side for me. I was running 49s days before that.

Yea I think I’m the only one that needs to come out of top split. Lol
 
Low 50s should have been on the slower side for me. I was running 49s days before that.
Ok, leaving you in the first group. I have a 14/11 split and trying to even it out but anyone else that drops down might be too fast. Hmm.
 
Last sunday I had some problems with connecting to the lobby. I rebooted several times but it didn't help. My internetconnection was good and I was able the play other lobbies online. I hope this sunday will be better, but is there something more I can do about this issue?
 
Last edited:
Last sunday I had some priblems with connecting to the lobby. I rebooted several times but it didn't help. My internetconnection was good and I was able the play other lobbies online. I hope this sunday will be better, but is there something more I can do about this issue?
Did you clear the cache? I will also try to remember to do that before opening the lobby this week.
 
Did you clear the cache? I will also try to remember to do that before opening the lobby this week.

I couldnt find a clear cache option on my ps4 pro. But I saw on several websites a procedure how to clear the cache and I followed that.
 
Once you’re out of sync with a lobby, there’s nothing you can do, you’re never going to be able to join. Every lobby I’ve ever been in in this game that has people from different continents usually seems to have one person that can’t join, then if you make a new lobby they can join but someone else can’t.

Generally the only remedy I’ve found is make sure the person that is having problems is the second or third person inTo the lobby after the host.
 
@GaudyHornet said he saved Room 2 Race 1. In the future, since it looks like I'll be the Room 2 host each week, I will save replays and screenshot the results screen.

I did save the replays and shared them, if you need I can try and pull a screenshot of tonight when I get home
 
I did save the replays and shared them, if you need I can try and pull a screenshot of tonight when I get home
I actually have bnop's live stream to take stuff from which is great, except with the way the first race finished it shows everyone a lap down behind the leader which isn't ideal. Not a fan of how the game does that. I may switch to a lap count format for the season.
 
Lap counts would be preferable just for making results easier to get. PD doesn't understand how times races work it seems. Not sure why they program it that once you cross the line at 0:00, your race is over even if the leader is still going.
 
Lap counts would be preferable just for making results easier to get. PD doesn't understand how times races work it seems. Not sure why they program it that once you cross the line at 0:00, your race is over even if the leader is still going.
Yeah, how hard is it to code so that leader has to be the first one to get the checkered flag?
 
Announcement:
​
Here is your event preview for Autopolis this weekend. Starting with this round, championship points are on offer. See the room assignments below. These have been set using the Tsukuba time trial, as well as fast laps from Interlagos. If you cannot make these races, please let me know. Looking forward to the schedule for the next few weeks. Should be fun. ;)

Reminder: Please try to be in the room before qualifying starts as we will not be restarting the first race for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gold Cup Lobby Host
@R1600Turbo

Silver Cup Lobby Host
@DesertPenguin​

48757883222_53dbece1a9_o.png


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Room 1 (Gold Cup)
@Doodle
@GT_Alex74
@Pigems
@Nicktune
@bloodyboyblue
@LancerEvo7
@Lost Sheltie
@bnop9001
@GTPorsche
@Wardez
@Yeratel84
@janwlen82
@cnd01

Room 2 (Silver Cup)
@Phlano099
@CPT_RowdyGiff
@RappyThePro
@GaudyHornet
@TrentDog1
@fernandoyb
@damonc84
@GTP_Guido
@Mtran82
@GrayFox32
​
IF after this weekend it is clear that there are people that don't belong in either room, we can look into it. But I won't be doing it every weekend.
 
Back