• 36 comments

95GTIVR6

Rice, I love it.
Premium
United States
Charlotte, NC
CosmicMS3
I2valve
Alright, no more complaining about not finding anyone to race with from GTPlanet.net because I believe I will finally try and organize some friendly racing events. Whether or not this actually works is yet to be decided but I figure I'll give it a shot.

I usually play every night around 10:15 EST in a "Career" style multiplayer race. My gamer-tag is I2valve (thats a capital "i"). If you wish to play, please post on this thread. Since chances are high that I will play tonight, I will host a few "meet & greet" sessions the remainder of this week.

Rules:
1. We will try and race a full room of 8. If 8 racers are not available we will wait until there are at least 4. It will be a "first-come, first-race" meaning that the first 8 to show will be racing.
2. We will begin at the Track/Class of my choice for the first race. Any race after that will be determined as follows: 1st place of the previous race chooses the Track; 2nd place chooses the class. If this does not work then 1st will decide both.
3. Race laps will be determined by a joint consensus of all racers; factors being: Car Class, Track Length and Number of Players.
4. Clean racing, please. The damage and tire wear will both be set to Simulation with collisions on Default. Remember that races aren't won in the first corner; be courteous and give people "breathing room" when necessary.

The easiest way to contact me would be to request me as a friend on XBOX Live. Since I am not always hosting a match this will be the most reliable way to get in contact with me.

This is all really for fun. However, I will try and keep some sort of statistic regarding the finishing place, car, class and track. Remember this is just for fun so come out and race hard!

Active Racers
1. I2valve (EST)
2. Dry Tarmak (EST)?
3. MustangXS
4. PZF
5. adood (GMT)
6. GRSINNJ90 (EST)
7. Nigel Fox
8. VprFrk
9. The Manc 1982

What: Meet & Greet Session I
When: Sept. 6 @ 10:15pm Eastern Time
How: D through S class friendlies.

Racers:
1. I2valve
2. Dry Tarmak
3. MustangXS

Depending on the time of the next race, if there is one, I might join you.

BMW, eastern time is 5 hours behind GMT, so it is 11:10 here now, and 6:10 in EST.

Well, after racing with both Mustang and RedOak last night I believe It would be really fun if more people showed up. I got really sloppy towards the end; not paying attention.

You know, I have thought about the time difference and I honestly don't know what to do about it. I can never guarantee the time which I get off of work. If I get off around 5p on the weekdays, that means it would most likely be 6p EST (23p GMT) before I could host a race.

I have come up with 2 options...and please chime in if you have suggestions:
1. Hold the "races" only on weekends where there is a more suitable time for everyone to drive. The weekdays will be reserved for "practice" with fellow GTP'ers
2. Have someone from "across the pond" host their own set of races.

I personally would like to race with as many people as possible but if this gets too big than people will have to start hosting their own races anyways.

Ill go ahead and change the first post to display active players, Ill send you a friend request when given the chance.

Well i think it went very well yesterday. Not too much lag, lots of good challenge and good clean races. I especially enjoyed fighting with you 95GTIVR6 / I2Valve. Good fun there.

Anytime you guys are racing, please send an invite; if i can join, i'll do so :)

I'd enjoy getting in on this, but I'm still adjusting to this weird Turn10 physics. The Miata shouldn't be as dodgy as a 60's era Porsche 911, meh. Plus I wanted to open the thing up completely and have the last three race series to go. On top of that, I'm waiting to beat the game to go Live Gold so I can race online.

One thing that would be handy is to establish some basic classes of cars so we could be mostly set up for racing, so that the cars are somewhat evenly matched.

didn't really have any problems yesterday in terms of cars being evenly matched. Its mostly drivers. Besides, its mostly for fun.

I don't have my 360 atm because my friend is borrowing it but I'd join. I'm trying to get back into this game.

VprFrk

Well, after racing with both Mustang and RedOak last night I believe It would be really fun if more people showed up. I got really sloppy towards the end; not paying attention.

You know, I have thought about the time difference and I honestly don't know what to do about it. I can never guarantee the time which I get off of work. If I get off around 5p on the weekdays, that means it would most likely be 6p EST (23p GMT) before I could host a race.

I have come up with 2 options...and please chime in if you have suggestions:
1. Hold the "races" only on weekends where there is a more suitable time for everyone to drive. The weekdays will be reserved for "practice" with fellow GTP'ers
2. Have someone from "across the pond" host their own set of races.

I personally would like to race with as many people as possible but if this gets too big than people will have to start hosting their own races anyways.

Ill go ahead and change the first post to display active players, Ill send you a friend request when given the chance.
Btw my gamer tag is The Manc 1982.

Just bear the time difference in mind, ie 6pm there is 11 pm here, so a 4 or 5pm race at your end would be fine for me if I'm in. If it's a Man U match day, I probably won't be in.

Err... my "professionally designed" MS Forcefeedback Wheel broke, so when I can join in is anyone's guess.

Does Microsoft hire engineers straight out of high school or something??

That sounds like a good idea. Are you talking about everyone using the same Make/Model or just restricting everyone to a certain class or region? Im down for anything. Im at work rigt now but will respond better in the near future.

Well force stock is fun, but not as fun. I was thinking particuliar Car with particuliar upgrades. Tuning to the driver's preference.

Well force stock is fun, but not as fun. I was thinking particuliar Car with particuliar upgrades. Tuning to the driver's preference.
Personally, I'd prefer stock too. The races could become baised if you're a good tuner.

I agree, I prefer stock races online, I'm not against tuning, but when it comes to racing other people my car setups let me down. I'm competetive whenever I'm in a stock race, if I'm in a regular race against decent tuners I'm well off the pace even if my cars got the right parts on.

Regardless though, I'd just be happy to race some people on here, stock or not.

Well, there are a lot of good ideas being thrown around , especially the ones about racing stock vehicles. I think that is a good idea, but would be a better idea if paired with tuned vehicles.

What I mean is do a stock race followed by a tuned race in the same class. I like a stock car as much as anyone but I also like changing gears, suspension, and sometimes (although rarely) downforce.

I also had the idea of declaring a car to mildly tune, like buying a low D-class and modifying it up to a high D class. I think mild tunes still allow for a good range of tuning options (racing sway-bars don't usually add to the P.I. but make the cars handle much better) while still relying on driver skill to win.

However, by no means will there be rules set in stone. I like the idea of the winner of the race making a decision like class or track, maybe even stock/tuned. I just want to have a good time driving with good drivers. Sometimes it can be hard to find those in a career game.

What: Meet & Greet Session II
When: Wednesday September 12 @ 6:00 pm & 10:30pm Eastern Standard Time
How: Stock/Tuned D,C,B,A
Special Race: Buy a Mazda Axela and tune it to a D/400 for a club style race!

*NOTE* I will try my hardest to start a race at 6:00pm EST (11:00/23:00) GMT it will be probable but not promised

Racers:
1. I2valve

England play Russia tomorrow so I probably won't be able to, but on the off chance that I find myself at home in time to join you, I will.

Are you going to post the neame of your server on here before you create it?

send me an invite like last time. If i can manage to join, i'll do so. The girlfriend is playing blue Dragon, so there might be a bit of an issue with accessibility...

Back