FM23 Wheel Thread for CSL DD Users XBOX or PC and TUNES!

United States
In my head
None
xRowdyBurnsx
As the title says. Below are my XBOX settings for CSL DD w/Boost kit. I also upload tunes for wheels. List can be found and will be updated at the bottom of this post.

IMPORTANT Every car will feel different. When tuning your vehicles, go to the last tab and adjust the FFB percentage if one car feels weak/strong. That setting will only save to the specific car you are using. It saves you from having to make any adjustments for FFB in the main settings.

XBOX User Settings:
Courtesy @PJTierney and these feel the best for me. Adjust as you feel necessary.
Fanatec control menu settings (***Confirmed 10/10/23, I've now tried roughly 15 different setups from around the web):

SEN: Preference
FFB: 100
FFS: Peak
NDP: 10
NFR: 10
NIN: 10
INT: Off
FEI: 100
BLI: 75
BRF: 25

In Game Settings

Vibration Scale: 20
Force Feedback Scale: 75 (Set higher for Stronger feel if needed)
Steering Self-Alignment: 75
Mechanical Trail Scale: 140
Pneumatic Trail Scale: 60
Road Feel Scale: 200
Load Sensitivity: 50
Wheel Damping Scale: 5 (Set higher for Stronger feel if needed, but that will increase oscillation)
Center Spring Scale: 0 (Set higher for Stronger feel if needed, but that will increase oscillation)
Dynamic Damper Behaviour: 50
Steering Sensitivity: 50
Steering Linearity: 50

@Rivanov Settings for PC that users seem to like. (Thanks for posting!)

XBOX GT xRowdyBurnsx Current Wheel Tunes (Search Keyword Rowdy)

C500 '09 Ford Focus RS
C500 '04 Subaru WRX
B600 ‘15 Lexus RC F Speed Tune
B600 '23 Lotus Emira All Around
A700 '23 Lotus Emira Grip
A700 ‘93 Mclaren GT Speed Track Tune
S711 CYAN Spec Race Tune

Last edited:
I changed my in-game settings to the one that Overtake_Gg posted. Feels much better with wheelbase settings posted above.

Yeah, I saw this video. I’ll edit PC settings when I have a chance.

If anybody has feedback on my Xbox settings, would appreciate!

Updated wheel settings again in OP. I’m not going to mess with them anymore as I am very happy the way this feels.

I also uploaded another tune.

I'm going to try your settings asap. I fiddled with it yesterday as well. There was definitely an improvement, but it never really felt good. The old Forza issue of not feeling in control at all is still there. My times with controller were all substantially better. That's sometimes the case in GT7 with extra weirdly behaving cars, but never the norm, and I always feel in control; no matter what.

Last edited:
The settings in OP are not really to my liking, instead I gave these ones a try from the Fanatec Forum, I think they are quite OK:
(I'm using a GT DD Pro but the internals are the same as the CSL DD)

The settings in OP are not really to my liking, instead I gave these ones a try from the Fanatec Forum, I think they are quite OK:
(I'm using a GT DD Pro but the internals are the same as the CSL DD)
Thanks for the input. Are you on Xbox or PC?

Here is another one to try. Certainly have some options now. I have not been able to hop on the past couple days. Hopefully I will be able to try a few of these out after work.

Most of the ones I’ve tried have crazy amounts of oscillation, so here is what I am using:

Forza Motorsport, Xbox
Fanatec GT DD Pro 8nm, Formula V2, CSL Elite V2 Pedals

SEN: 450

Deadzones Inside: 0 (Brake: 1)
Deadzones Outside: 100 (Brake: 75)
Force Feedback Scale: 75
Wheel Damping Scale: 5
Center Spring Scale: 0

Most of the ones I’ve tried have crazy amounts of oscillation, so here is what I am using:

Forza Motorsport, Xbox

Deadzones Inside: 0 (Brake: 1)
Deadzones Outside: 100 (Brake: 75)
Force Feedback Scale: 75
Wheel Damping Scale: 5
Center Spring Scale: 0
These are the best settings I have tried. I tweaked some to my own liking but as a whole these are an excellent baseline to then adjust slightly to your own liking. I will update the OP when I have chance.

I'm starting to get the feeling that there is a difference between the PC and Xbox versions when it comes to playing with a steering wheel.

I've seen a few videos now that say it plays very well and the cockpit steering movements look very smooth. The videos have one thing in common. They are all from the PC version.

In the meantime, I have found a setting that is halfway fun. I am not 100% satisfied with it... but ok.
But in the cockpit view the steering wheel still turns asynchronously and much too fast...

Is there anyone who has played both versions? are there differences? or is it me, my settting or setup?

What I also noticed is that the setting feels good in one car and terrible in another. Especially when switching from "normal" to "racing" cars. The Golf gives extremely strong FFB and the Acura Race Car gives very weak FFB.

I play on the Series X and have a Fanatec DD1. I have also tried various steering wheels (F1 Style, Porsche or McLaren).

Will try the setting from @SloGrumpyDad tonight 😄

Last edited:
I just need to get a good feel for the brakes (not using abs) then I’ll be all good. I’m surprised how decent it is on my CSL DD.

First of all, was there an update?
As of today, the steering wheel in the cockpit is about 90-95% correct. 🤷‍♂️
And you can still optimize it a bit with the setting at the car. As seen in many videos.

In addition, I have now finally found a setting that works very well for me with the Fanatec DD1 on the Xbox.

On the wheel I have the following:

Sen: Auto
FFB 50
FFS Peak
NDP 28
NFR 24
NIN 12
Rest on standard

In the game I have the following setting:

Vibration Scale: 50
Force Feedback Scale: 107
Steering Self-Alignment: 100
Mechanical Trail Scale: 149
Pneumatic Trail Scale: 70
Road Feel Scale: 120
Load Sensitivity: 55
Wheel Damping Scale: between 80 and 90
Center Spring Scale: between 170 and 185
Dynamic Damper 100
Steering Sensitivity: 46
Steering Linearity: 46

I am really very happy with these settings.

First of all, was there an update?
As of today, the steering wheel in the cockpit is about 90-95% correct. 🤷‍♂️
And you can still optimize it a bit with the setting at the car. As seen in many videos.

In addition, I have now finally found a setting that works very well for me with the Fanatec DD1 on the Xbox.

On the wheel I have the following:

Sen: Auto
FFB 50
FFS Peak
NDP 28
NFR 24
NIN 12
Rest on standard

In the game I have the following setting:

Vibration Scale: 50
Force Feedback Scale: 107
Steering Self-Alignment: 100
Mechanical Trail Scale: 149
Pneumatic Trail Scale: 70
Road Feel Scale: 120
Load Sensitivity: 55
Wheel Damping Scale: between 80 and 90
Center Spring Scale: between 170 and 185
Dynamic Damper 100
Steering Sensitivity: 46
Steering Linearity: 46

I am really very happy with these settings.
Awesome! Good to know we now have a reference for the DD1 in this thread as well!

Maybe someone can answer this for me...the Fanatec GT DD Pro 8nm works with both Xbox and PS5 so long as you have a different wheel for each correct? Pedals/base are universal?

After I played GT7 again yesterday, I noticed that my Forza setting is pretty strict in the basic movement.

This is probably due to the settings on the steering wheel... the GT I have everything on "off". Will probably have to experiment again. The Oscilieren is just very strong in Forza.

I wonder if oscilieren when driving straight could not be deleted or greatly minimized with the software in the wheelbase.
I think I should check with Fanatec. 🤔

After I played GT7 again yesterday, I noticed that my Forza setting is pretty strict in the basic movement.

This is probably due to the settings on the steering wheel... the GT I have everything on "off". Will probably have to experiment again. The Oscilieren is just very strong in Forza.

I wonder if oscilieren when driving straight could not be deleted or greatly minimized with the software in the wheelbase.
I think I should check with Fanatec. 🤔
I struggled with oscillation. The setting that I posted in the OP are from @PJTierney and have produced the least amount of it of all the different settings I have found. I do hope there is a fix.

On another subject, I'm thinking about trying a different wheel. I'm using the Mclaren currently but wonder how much accuracy I will lose if I go to typical wheel. I feel like oscillation would be much easier to deal with on a typical round or flat bottom wheel.

Forza Motorsport, Xbox