FM4 Autumn Launch plus Boxart,content reveal..

• Thread starter vkss
  • 227 comments
A limited quantity of Forza Motorsport 4 games at retail will include an exclusive in-game car pack available at launch that boasts five incredible cars for fans to race, tune, paint and share. This car pack, limited to the first production run of Forza Motorsport 4 game discs, will include:

Ford Mustang GT Coupe 1965
Koenigsegg Agera 2011
Lexus SC300 1997
RUF RGT-8 2011
Tesla Roadster Sport 2011

Turn 10 Studios has also revealed that the cover car for the standard edition of Forza Motorsport 4 is the Ferrari 458 Italia.

foO48.jpg

http://www.electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php/xbox360/xbxo360-news/8183-forza-motorsport-4-confirmed-for-autumn-launch-limited-collectors-edition-revealed

5761379001_79bab3bef2_o.jpg

5761379907_0dca4f3251_o.jpg

5761922794_a6259eee87_o.jpg

5761379245_94c2617832_o.jpg

5761921948_f037ac6104_o.jpg

Get a head start on the competition with “Profile Import”
For those who have invested tireless hours in “Forza Motorsport 3”, Turn 10 Studios is pleased to announce a unique “Forza Motorsport 4” feature called Profile Import, which rewards fans for their time. Based on your player level and the cars in your garage in “Forza Motorsport 3”, gift cars will be automatically added to your “Forza Motorsport 4” garage and you’ll also receive bonus gifts and credits. And for those who spent hours creating intricate layers and liveries in the “Forza Motorsport 3” Livery Editor, you will be able to import those layers, so your time isn’t lost!

Last edited:
"And for those who spent hours creating intricate layers and liveries in the “Forza Motorsport 3” Livery Editor, you will be able to import those layers, so your time isn’t lost!"

Best news I've heard about F4 yet, now I can get started designing.

Wow... looks great. and from what I read from the OP it sounds like a bigger change going to FM4 than going to FM3 from 2.

Damn you T10... just when I swore off I'd not get any special edition... you suck me right back in...

and RUF eh?!

As a CR-Z owner, I approve!

The lighting looks great. How is this on the same console as Forza 2? Back then, it looked sooo horrible.

As a CR-Z owner, I approve!

The lighting looks great. How is this on the same console as Forza 2? Back then, it looked sooo horrible.

They had to learn whats possible with the hardware, the same thing with the ps3 (look at ps3 start titles).

I nearly ****** in pants! Damn, i just did. This game will blow atleast my mind.

GT5 and Forza 4, damn we are so lucky to have such great games!

I was thinking about getting into painting when fm 4 comes out, but now i get busy!!!!!!!!!

*Haters gonna hate*

PS: This is just photomode, so dont expect tooooo much.

Those photos look great. We ALL know that in-game isn't going to be close to that. No console game's photomode ever does , but I can't wait to see my crummy liveries in photomode.

Very very nice, Lets hope Turn 10 dont do a PD though and give us different level's of looking cars! I want all 500 cars looking like that!!!

That 🤬 looks too real! :eek::crazy:

Definitely getting Forza 4 now. Just wish I had a Fanatec! :mad:

Very very nice, Lets hope Turn 10 dont do a PD though and give us different level's of looking cars! I want all 500 cars looking like that!!!

I just hope they continue with a cockpit for every car. I could have took the different levels of cars in GT5 but the no cockpit thing just killed it for me. I just hope Forza stays true with every car having a cockpit even if they have to fake a few to get in done in time. I don't mind. If I can't get a real Bentley I'll take a Chrysler 300 before I take a bus. If I can't get the real detailed cockpit I'll take a knockoff before I have to use the hood view.

Reserved, no doubt here. And the first game that will quite possibly be combining RUF & Porsche to finally kill all those rumors of each other.

Love it.👍👍

I'm a little worried about the "Profile Import" if I'm honest. Hopefully it will just be a little bit of extra cash and a couple cars, and not everything you had. Two reasons for that hope: 1, all the credit glitchers shouldn't be rewarded again by keeping their ill-gotten gains, and 2, as someone who has like $20,000,000+ and >250 cars in FM3 at the moment, one of the things I was looking forward to was having to build it all up again. What's the point of just having it all handed to me? I do like the layer transfer for decals though....

Just looks like Fm3 but shinier if I'm honest.

I won't be buying unless they reveal they've completely overhauled the physics.

"And for those who spent hours creating intricate layers and liveries in the “Forza Motorsport 3” Livery Editor, you will be able to import those layers, so your time isn’t lost!"

Best news I've heard about F4 yet, now I can get started designing.
I agree that is easily THE best news I have heard out of the Forza games released. Its about dang time. It got frustrating having to re-create my vinyls for every single Forza game. Great news for sure!!! 👍
I thought those were real pics at first. Looking really good!

I can't pre-order until they put the LE edition up for pre-order....that will be the one to have.

I must say, the cover looks like ass compared to FM3's cover though.

I agree the cover isnt anything impressive but as long as the game is good thats all I care about. I would prefer they put time into making the game as good as possible instead of making the cover as good as possible. haha

I just hope they provide some of the things on my F4 wishlist like the weather effects from PGR4. No raciNg game so far has topped the weather effects from that game.

Last edited:
Available at Amazon.com- Subaru Impreza WRX STI: The Subaru Impreza WRX STI is the highest standard-edition trim in the Subaru compact car line. The STI is recognized as a speed demon on race tracks, winning first place at Super GT in 2008.

Available at Best Buy- BMW 1 Series M Coupe: Reaching top speeds of 250 km/h, the 1 Series M Coupe is the high-performance version of the famed BMW 1 Series Coupe.

Available at GameStop- Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verde: The creation of Italian automaker Alfa Romeo and first introduced at the March 2010 Geneva Motor Show, the Giulietta contains an exclusive Quadrifoglio Verde configuration with a 1.7L turbocharged engine that will steer you to victory.

Available at Wal-Mart- MINI John Cooper Works Clubman: MINI enthusiasts around the world rejoice! The JCW Clubman sports a 1.6-liter four-cylinder MINI engine that has been tuned and turbocharged to include 208 horsepower and 192 pound-feet of torque.

Available at Target - Honda CR-Z EX: The Honda CR-Z EX is Honda’s sport hybrid with an ultra-modern and sporty look, featuring 16” wheels and tires, low-to-the-ground stance and swooping bodywork. Additionally, its six-speed manual transmission makes it the only hybrid with three pedals.

Here's an article I wrote on my own site about it - please don't visit the site to view the article, I'm sharing this article for info and NOT for advertising!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forza 2 seemed able to do no wrong... but Forza 3 split the fanbase down the middle with its heavily reworked community functions, now we get our first look at Forza 4!

Let's face it, Forza 3 has had some problems during its self proclaimed tenure as the XBox's top racing title.

Fans who forked out for the Limited Edition were disappointed to find that premium content didn't come (printing error), was available for separate sale after release (consumer demand), or was given to everyone on XBL free-of-charge by accident (duh!).

Add to that the inability to gift unlocked paints, the inability to edit purchased tunes (not even the gear ratios), the tighter-than-ever NAT protocols, the ubiquitous success of the oldest squarest car in the game as a flat out drag racer, lack of working cockpits on some models, dodgy gearshift animations... well, the community weren't happy.

Painting bugs, indigestible colour palettes, only a few really track-ish new tracks and a shameless recycling of old content - the mood sank heavily on the official Forza forums after release. Community Manager Che Chou mysteriously famously proclaimed that certain bugs ''Aren't a Show Stopper'' before his own show was suddenly stopped by The Management. The framerate (a seamless affair, apparently) had seams that you could park the ludicrously lardy SUVs in and the upload-to-website features broke down regularly - in fact they still do.

So why the hell are we still talking about it?

Well, it's part of the magic of Forza - honest! Warts and all we still love it - buying, modding, painting, auctioning, and most of all frenetically racing wheel to wheel... Forza does some things very well.

The evidence says that Forza 3 is really Forza 2.5, but Forza 2 wasn't all bad, was it?

Now we've got our eager eyes on some renders from Forza 4. The lighting's great, the palette's cool and the resolution is excellent. Will we really be able to take pictures of that quality in-game? Time will tell... many of the pre-release Forza 3 teasers used Dev-Mods to remove drivers, open doors, look inside cars, leave track boundaries - and featured resolutions that the Turn10 servers wouldn't support for users. We wouldn't be surprised if Forza 4 actually outputs 4-colour postage stamps instead of these sparkling examples, but have a good look anyway.

Forza 4 will, of course, feature Kinect-ability (if your XBox wasn't melted by it) which will allow you to walk around cars, open the doors and steal CDs. We made the last one up. If you buy the Kinectimals bundle your pets will be able to virtually urinate on the tyres of opponents' cars, probably.

These shots look good - they look VERY good. We've always felt that a car's headlights are its eyes - that's why GT5 looks so natural with its fantastic renders of reflective perspex and chrome. Forza 2, 2.5, 3 have always been missing something in the reflections but these new shots look, well, mouth watering!

All in all the future of Forza 4 is, in Turn10's eyes, looking bright.

Last edited:
Oh no, doubt. The cover could have remained that black and white generic one, and I wouldn't have minded, so long as the game is great. Heck, I wish it was available on games on demand, and I would buy it that way....and have no cover.

Just looks like Fm3 but shinier if I'm honest.

I won't be buying unless they reveal they've completely overhauled the physics.

No need for them to "completely overhaul the physics". Now if by that you mean "rework the physics from the ground up" like some other game said then sure a tweak here and there wouldn't be bad.

I guess this is the new way to ask for a little something, ask for a lot. Next time I need to borrow 5 bucks I'll ask a guy "Yo hit me up with Fort Knox"

OK, those cars look real.

However I am not convinced that Forza will ever get the driving physics right.

one of the things I was looking forward to was having to build it all up again. What's the point of just having it all handed to me? I do like the layer transfer for decals though....

The good news is, turn10 arent going to come to your house when you buy it, and hold a gun to your head and force you to import your old profile if you want to start from scratch. :sly:

So Forza cars are no longer plastic looking. They all look like they are made of chrome :/

They really need to tone the shine down a little. Looks silly.

So Forza cars are no longer plastic looking. They all look like they are made of chrome :/

As a long time detailer, I can assure you that a freshly polished car under studio or warehouse lighting would look exactly like it does in those photos. It's all about the condition of the paint. Most cars on the road don't look that shiny because they've been badly washed over a number of years and so the reflections are dulled.

We will have to wait to see what the cars look like out side a photomode image. FM3 had vastly different looking cars and lighting out side the real time engine(bad fixed lighting). So I'm not suckered in to believing the game looks that much better than the last until I see an F40 without a 2D engine bay.

I just want some awesome tracks this time around. And kill the ridiculous in game cash for DLC cars you paid real money for.....

Back