Focus and Juke

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mazerati
  • 34 comments
  • 2,985 views

Mazerati

(Banned)
Messages
369
Italy
Italy, Florence
Am i the only one, or does anyone else see an almost identical design of the rear-end of both the 2011 Ford Focus and the Nissan Juke?
 
I think you might be the only one...
 
Like looking in a mirror



(except I don't see it :))
 
Oh, Hell no. The Focus is a good looking car. The Juke, well... let's just say I expect a signed apology via registered mail.
 
Like looking in a mirror



(except I don't see it :))

How can you not see it here?! For e.g. the tailights are almost identical. Oh, btw i like the Jukes styling, its 'radical'. :)
 
The taillights are no where near identical. They're more identical to the 370Z taillights.

The Juke is alright. It'll looked better slammed.
 
slybugga
The Juke is alright. It'll looked better slammed into a wall.

I noticed you left out part of that sentence.
 
I noticed you left out part of that sentence.

:lol:

Personally, I see resemblances, but its subtle. I would know which is which each time.
 
Having parked next to a Juke, I can honestly say there is no resemblance at all past having the tail lamps wrap around the body and the fact they both have hatches. I have no idea why the styling trend is going towards cars with lights wrapping around the body, but I'm guessing there is some safety standard being hidden in there somewhere.
 
EDM Focus mabey. I think we got a different design alltogether.
 
Not trying to be a troll, but I refuse to call that car by any other name than "Puke." :lol: Such an ugly car!
 
It'll looked better slammed.

Personally, I think it would look even better if Jeremy Clarkson got hold of a 20 LB. sledgehammer and hit it once or twice with it.
 
I can see it faintly in the sloping window, positing of the tail lamps and other touches.

I think the focus looks far too fussy at the back, especially the way the shut line goes around the fuel filler cap.

The front looks good though, similar to a KIA pro_Cee'd sport (pre facelift). In other words great! ;)
 
I love the way the new Focus looks, but the Juke is awful. And what were Nissan thinking calling it a "juke".
 
Disgusting car. the Juke. :lol:
 
Noob616
I love the way the new Focus looks, but the Juke is awful. And what were Nissan thinking calling it a "juke".

They were trying to be 'hip' an 'urban' by naming it after a jukebox..... Oh dear.....

Problem is it is a good car, just very odd. It 10 years it might be less radical, but only a little bit!
 
poolhaas
Cee apostrophe D was taken.

Oi!

Actually, can't really argue. Love my car but can't really argue that the name is, err... lets just say it's different. And it's worse than that, its a 'Pro underscore Cee apostrophe D Sport' !
 
Am i the only one, or does anyone else see an almost identical design of the rear-end of both the 2011 Ford Focus and the Nissan Juke?

Nope, i think it's just your eyes playing tricks on you.
 
Wow!!! This thread hasn't been locked (unlike the rest of them >:( )!? Thank You Mods :) (*sarcasm*).
 
Nissan actually based the taillights off the 370Z, and the A-pillar off the GT-R.

That's half the reason of it's -er- unique looks
The other half is the front.

Nissan-Juke-Front-View.jpg


It looks better in person, but I'm still wondering why they decided to make the front like that.
 
In my opinion, it looks bloody worse! :lol:
 
:lol:

Personally, I see resemblances, but its subtle. I would know which is which each time.

I am the same, but I hate the looks of both.
No offence to Joey D wh has a Focus.
 
Trust me, he couldn't care less about what you post.
Aftet all, you're arguing something that is completely subjective.
 
Cars are eventually going to look the same, let's face it :lol:
 
AOS-
Cars are eventually going to look the same, let's face it :lol:

Quite the opposite, there are far more types now!

Superminis, hatches, crossovers, saloons, SUVs, flatbed trucks, MPVs, stupid things like Merc R class and BMW X6, convertibles, sports cars, supercars, hypercars and vans with windows. 50 years ago there were a lot less types of vehicle on the roads cars come in all shapes and sizes.

Cars like the Juke prove that design can be radical. It is a world apart from it's competitors, like the VW polo, which in turn is very different to a Citroën C3.
 
I wasn't talking about type, I was talking about the car body design....
:p
 
AOS-
I wasn't talking about type, I was talking about the car body design....
:p

I realise that, but I think that there is far more variety now than ever before. Nothing looks like a Juke, or a previous gen Micra for that matter, and whereas everybody had a golf/astra/focus before, there are far more different shapes like the Nissan 'cash-cow', or the Skoda Yeti.

The Skoda Roomster, the Renault Wind, the Pug 3008 and the Nissan Leaf are all unconventional designs that, like them or not, are different to the norm.
 
While there is more variety than ever, I was thinking more like 2030, so many many many years from now.

perhaps I should have said that from the start.
 
Do you think manufacturers will allow their cars to look exactly like some other MFR's car?
 
Back