FOOOORE! Watch out. Coming thru'.

Canada
Canada
photonrider
My first Post:
Hello GTplaneteers!
Been lurking for months now and mostly want to thank everyone here for making me laugh out aloud, helping me immensely with advice on GT 5 (among other things), educating me on frighteningly esoteric subjects - as well as telling me stuff I have no use for but still find interesting!:)

I come from a HUGE family of gamers - we have pretty much every game console there is going way back to the Commodore 64, and most of them are being used, if not already time-capsuled for future progeny.

I am from Canada, I play with a G25 (Love it!) - all my 'own' games in the family are either racing or flying games.
Ok, I confess, I play Sims too.:sly:

How did I find GTPlanet?

Well, was already into many GT sites - Kerrs' , GTFox's, etc, etc, too many nice people to mention, (because of GT4) but after starting up GT5, I clicked on Stormbringers' Trial Mountain test thread, which held me enough to investigate other threads (and the flavour of moderation) and I find that this is a solid, helpful, humourous, and incredibly eclectic community.

Please accept me into your ranks and I will do my best to be an asset to your community.
And finallly, but not least - a Thank You to Jordan, for the opportunity.

Blessings. . .

H.

Added: I lost the G25 and now play with a DFGT.
Added: I now have a G27, too. Awesome wheel.

1st August 2011:
Still here. After a hundred posts. Enjoying GTPlanet tremendously-the debates, the comedy, the helpful info, the pictures and videos, the constant discussions around our favourite pastime - which is being petrolheads, gasoline junkies, car nuts . . . effecting everything in our lifestyle.

7th June 2012:
And a thousand posts later . . . I can't believe I'm still here. Not because I've not been booted out for buffoonary. The ratio of newcomers who are shutout is miniscule to the amount of members who register, make a few posts and then disappear. There are a dozen good communities out there devoted to racing games, onlineplay, and informative and entertaining communal foruming. So what is it about GTPlanet that keeps one of the 'elders' of gaming scrolling away here? The GTPlanet Community. And I'm talking about the community that has been here many, many years - who have stuck though thick and thin and made this site what it is today. You know who you are. I thank you for all the great work you've done, and continue to do, as we attract more and more like-minded people.
GTPlanet is growing, ever-evolving, into the kind of 0ne-Stop-Shop site that can turn into a News/Entertainment/Trading/Blogging/Social-networking/Hobby, et al Hot-spot that draws in people from 13 to 113. With all of them having gas-tanks for bellies, tires for feet, and an ECU planted firmly between their eyes.
Cheers Everybody! Happy to be here still, and thanks for all the fish good times. 👍

Harry.
"The Silver Fox" ;)

24th March 2013
Update: 3000 Posts! :crazy: WTH have I been saying?

3000posts3_zpsc849fc5b.jpg

I know it's not a race to the finish when contributing, but I seem to have done more laps than I would have envisaged when I joined up to post two years ago. Well, tomorrow (today for some of you) I begin my third year here - and I must say that I have never laughed so hard sometimes, or learned so much about racing and cars and gaming, and . . . beer . . . babes, gods, foods, tragedies, comedies, world events. . . . so many interesting polls . . . did I mention model cars? . . .:lol:

Thanks, once again, Jordan, and a hug to all the staff that volunteer to do the really great job they do over here to keep the site decent and active.
Yes . . . I'll be renewing my subscription. Least I can do. ;)

:cheers:

harrison2.gif

16th April 2014.

3 years . . . I'm getting old at this rate. :)

24th March 2015

Four laps around the Sun . . . with GTPlanet to keep me company. It's been a great ride. Such a great community - wise old folk, sparklingly brilliant youngsters, people from many walks of life united in one way or another to a love of cars, and every lifestyle, and discipline to go with it - whether it's racing or racing movies, driving or driving music, tinkering, toying, tuning or touching in one way or another - this brings us together and then scatters us, like seeds in the right directions of the planet. GTPlanet, that is.
Drifters, Draggers, Foodies and Movie Addicts, guitar players, and soon-to-be real racers, programmers and lawyers, accountants and janitors, schoolboys and M.Scs . . . they are all here in their niches enjoying the planet. And I'm one of those lucky people to be around such people - four years gone by, as many Christmasses, New Year Eves, and far more DLCs, and Seasonals gone by.
Some memorable threads came. And went - ghosts of time, textual neutrinos . . ..
GT5 firmly entrenched as a game to be played on and off, but GT6 now in full blast, hype train overloaded to the rails.
Spring just sprung - the same as it does every year I get to update this thread with the note that another year has gone.

Last edited:
Hi ashes619, how are you? Thanks for taking a moment to welcome me. BTW - does your id have anything to do with cricket? Just FYI - I've joined the GT Players Club. Now I'm really getting in deep, eh?

I'm fine. The ashes in my ID is my nickname but people also do link it to cricket and the 619 is just a number I put in it.

Well, Ashes, here I am making my #100 post. Does time fly . . . my time is limited, have not touched A-Spec in weeks, though I've played some B-Spec occasionally. I visit GTPlanet at least once or twice a day - just through my iPhone, not really to post so much as get a quick GT fix. Just reading about what the rest of you guys are doing on GT5, GT4, and the classic games, is enough to keep my brains race-game diluted! I've actually bought more games recently but not even opened them! So much to do - so little time!
I'm still offline - haven't got around to connecting my PS3 to the Internet yet . . . and even if I do, I doubt I'll find the time to race regularly right now due to being way too busy. In Canada, Summer comes and goes so quick we hardly have time to take a breath - so we enjoy the outdoors a lot - bar-b-ques, hiking, swimming, camping, etc. But for the eight months of Winter we have around here we tend to hibernate and game a lot. When we aren't snowboarding with a hockey-stick in one hand and a beer in the other.
OK - I'm kidding about the last part. In Winter we just live in our cars.

I'm not often near a computer that hasn't been taken over by a pair of grubby hands, but some nights I make time to come hang around my favourite Racing Community.

Jordan has a great site here, evolving perfectly into a combination of Facebook, Twitter, eBay, Youtube - and suchlike social/trading/infotainment sites - under one roof! - And family-oriented enough to keep those who eat their progeny, away from us and ours. That's imaginative and ambitious and dedicated work.

So thanks again, for everything so far, to all of you.

Cheers, and see you around the Forums!

Last edited:

Thank you!

Accepted.

Thanks, Shem! A scholar, and a gentleman, as usual . . .:cheers:
Enjoy reading your posts, and thanks for the welcome.
Feel free to post in here - if ever you need to communicate.

In fact have a beer on me - I know you're legal! (Even for Virtual Beer!)

Biertannie2.jpg

Cheers!
H.

Congratulations on a thousand posts, Harry.

Here's to a thousand more. :cheers:

Congrats on that 1000 mate. That's certainly a big achievement :cheers:

Congratulations on a thousand posts, Harry.

Here's to a thousand more. :cheers:

Well, I'll start that second thousand by making this post to Thank you!
Spacegoat, it's been fun hanging out with you in the threads we mutually visit. Always a blast with you around. It's been a long haul getting to a thousand with my limited time - and I also tend to read more than I post, so I wonder I even got to a thousand! Hoping to see more of you, soon.

Congrats on that 1000 mate. That's certainly a big achievement :cheers:

Hiya, Ross, thanks, man - it's guys like you that make me feel a little less invisible around here 👍 (though invisibility is an asset sometimes ;) ) Thanks for the compliments - believe me, GTPlanet is a postwhore's dream - so many threads both textual and visual to contribute to, and I wish I had the time sometimes to sit at a computer for a good, looooong day.. . .
Also, being on Forums for over two decades, I have a little experience at it - though Forum policies and lifestyle visions can be vastly different. So I have hundreds of ideas for thread topics - but I like to micro-manage the threads I create; guide the discussion as such and keep an eye out for situations that may warrent me calling for the Forum cops, but that again requires the kind of time and dedication I cannot give - having given before in my time, elsewhere. Middle-aged people in Canada never have time; over here it's "Children First, Seniors Second, everybody else get your asses in gear and work." So it certainly is a big achievement to get to 1000 for me, haha, and I'm quite pleased with the friends I've made here.

I see that you continue to develop that fine spirit of being helpful and courteous around the Forums - fine training not only as a future volunteer in GTP's Staff, but also in your future as a citizen of the world. 👍

Cheers,
Harry.

Congratulations on the 1000 posts, Harry. Thank you, also, for all of your incredible contributions to the Hotwheels/Matchbox collectors thread. Without your help, the thread would probably not be how it is today.

How the g27 feel compare to the dfgt because I got the dfgt and it feel amazing.so,I want to ask you that because the dfgt is the only wheel for the ps3 I ever played.mines got 900 degrees of rotation,force feedback,no h patten gearbox,just sequential,and the paddles is little buttons,it not big but it still paddles and It got a nod which let me change some of the settings of my car and 16 buttons on the steering wheel,and a button which controls the horn.i love my wheel

lldantell - Hi, and nice to meet you - welcome to GTPlanet!

The DFGT is, IMO, the best beginner wheel, if you have only been used to a DS3 AND have never driven IRL. The G27 has a bit more of a realistic feel to it - and can be tougher to handle. I enjoyed using the DFGT - esp with TT, GT4, and some of the NFS games (which have a self-calibration mode at the beginning of the game that calibrates the wheel according to your driving style based on a first test).
My DFGT stays plugged into my PS2, but BOTH DS3 and G27 are plugged into, and can be used simultaneously by, my PS3. Helps a lot when switching instantly from driving to Photomode or other menus where one is not really driving a car but a cursor.
Hope that helps - but do investigate the site further - there are multiple threads devoted to wheels in the appropriate sub-Forum.

SVX - you rascal! Are you trying to make me work harder? Heh, heh, thanks for the compliments, buddy, you are no slouch yourself - and I enjoy the HW thread immensely. Yes, we seem to have attracted a lot of traffic this year - thanks also to Cano, Turbo, yourself and many others - especially the newcomers to our little gang of diecast diehards. Good to have got to know you here, and hoping for many long years more of fun, games and LOLs.
Cheers!
Harry.

Last edited:
photonrider
lldantell - Hi, and nice to meet you - welcome to GTPlanet!

The DFGT is, IMO, the best beginner wheel, if you have only been used to a DS3 AND have never driven IRL. The G27 has a bit more of a realistic feel to it - and can be tougher to handle. I enjoyed using the DFGT - esp with TT, GT4, and some of the NFS games (which have a self-calibration mode at the beginning of the game that calibrates the wheel according to your driving style based on a first test).
My DFGT stays plugged into my PS2, but BOTH DS3 and G27 are plugged into, and can be used simultaneously by, my PS3. Helps a lot when switching instantly from driving to Photomode or other menus where one is not really driving a car but a cursor.
Hope that helps - but do investigate the site further - there are multiple threads devoted to wheels in the appropriate sub-Forum.

SVX - you rascal! Are you trying to make me worth harder? Heh, heh, thanks for the compliments, buddy, you are no slouch yourself - and I enjoy the HW thread immensely. Yes, we seem to have attracted a lot of traffic this year - thanks also to Cano, Turbo, yourself and many others - especially the newcomers to our little gang of diecast diehards. Good to have got to know you here, and hoping for many long years more of fun, games and LOLs.
Cheers!
Harry.

It did help.so,thanks for the information

3000posts5_zpsd7bce91f.jpg

3000posts_zps1a66f059.jpg

3000posts4_zpsb2122276.jpg

Thought I'd mark my 3000th Post and beginning of my third year here with some appropriate images from Google . . . :lol:

And Thanks to all my buddies here for the great times. It's been a really fun two years - and I appreciate everything you guys brought into my life with your wit, wisdom and wacky ways. :) 👍

Harry.

Happy anniversary and congrats on 3k, Harry. Here's to many, many more. :cheers:

Eks
Happy two-year anniversary. :cheers:

Hopefully I'll be around that long. :sly: