FOOOORE! Watch out. Coming thru'.

Just a quick note to say that I've been hanging around here for just over three years now; where does the time go?
Haven't posted much over that time, though I'm hoping whatever I posted was actually significant enough. GTPlanet continues to be the go-to site for information on the Gran Turismo series (the reason why I first threw my hat in the ring here) but in that hunt for informative help also came many other community discussions, and the attachment to members of the community, especially my friends in the Rumble Strip, Motorsports, and Photography Forums.
So a Thank You to Jordan and his indefatigable staff for keeping the site active, healthy, and useful, and a high-five to all my friends out there who provided me with company, laughs, mind-boggling thoughts that keep me sleepless, and the same dubious GTP Award two years in a row.

:cheers:
Harry.

I thought you were a Proton Rider all this time...and then I wondered how you'd get a Malaysian car in Canada.

Congratulations on all the years and posts.

:lol:

Trust you to make me laugh. However, all you guys on the moderating panel are always good for a laugh; comes with the wisdom attendant to being a good moderator, I guess.

Thanks for the Congrats, and here's hoping I get to enjoy your company for many more years to come.

:cheers;

OP updated with 2015 Note.

Four years gone by, and a couple of days, since I registered at GTPlanet.
Time flies. and not only am I a little bit older, but those around me, too; all caught up in the same stream, some clinging, some fighting the current, some drifting along, but all getting older. And wiser.
The stream of information that flies past us, surrounds us, carries us forward, defines and manipulate us - this stream grows huge, tumultuous as it expands with technology, and the close and varied connections we make with each other today are phenomenal.
Phenomenal if we remember that once we used smoke signals. Tom-toms. Mirrors.
In the beginning just facial expressions. A few grunts or maybe a snarl or two in Kashyyyk. ian. . . . ish, if you know what I mean.
From there to the flood of images and wealth of instant-communication connections we have today is a leap beyond faith, a template of what we can do and a blueprint of our desires as a race of beings on planet Earth.
We want to connect. We want to share.
From gathering the first tribe together, to bringing together a world-wide audience, humans have this as a gene of energy - we need to connect.

GTPlanet is one of those places where we gather to connect.
Here's something about the Hebbian Rule - before I go on. To put it in a nutshell, think of the connections in your head as wires - and every time a particular set of wires is used, they get fatter, stronger, more active, even picking up on what they're not supposed to be connected to, and sometimes even waking up dormant sets of wires, all the time growing fatter and more active - more on the surface of the 'mind' than buried.
Got that?
Good. Basically use it or lose it.

Apply that to the connections we make in life - whether to people, things or places, and these are spaces to which we then give more time.
Fatter and fatter. Whether addiction, work, love or war. RL or virtual.

So here I am at GTPlanet, four years gone by, and this year yet another delightful one, many new friends found, especially in the gaming sections, but still strongly connected to those I'm synched into in other parts of the 'Planet', whether in the Music Forum, or the Photography Forums, Rumble Strip, Current Events & Opinions or Motorsports, the connections are strong enough, 'fat' enough to pick up on where I last left off - I can always run into someone I know, someone who knows where I'm 'coming from' - because the connections are strong.
Obviously connections like that take time - and I have to say that I'm four years wiser about this community.

Good time to say, thank you all for a wonderful time - you are what makes GTPlanet. Stick around. Always.

:cheers:
Harry.

Back