For Fun: Create Your Own DLC

• Thread starter Populuxe
  • 155 comments
I know we're not getting any more DLC for FH2, but I still felt like pointing out a type of car that has been overlooked, especially for an open world game like this: Hot rods!

The is the Doane Spencer '32 Roadster. It's beauty is in it's simplicity. Simple black paint, a Duvall windshield, skinny bias-ply-tires and a tuned flathead V8 under the hood.

Ever hear of Isky cams? Well here's the man himself, Ed Iskenderian in the '24 Ford Model T roadster he built himself before WWII. It is powered by a Maxi overhead valve conversion V8, and all the metal work was done by Ed himself.

The track-nose roadster is a classic in hot rodding. This is a '32 Ford built by one of my automotive heroes, Barney Navarro. He was a racer on the dry lakes of California, an engineer who designed and built his own speed parts, a businessman who ran a successful business selling his speed parts to other hot rodders, and an author who wrote for Hop Up Magazine, Hot Rod Magazine and others about the science of hot rodding. See the bulge on the hood? It makes room for his own designed supercharger.

Bill Niekamp's '32 Ford rack-nose roadster. It's a classic of early '50s hot rod design. In the early '60s, it was sold to another person who decided to get rid of the nose for a standard '32 Ford nose to keep up with hot rod fashion. He sold the track nose to a different person. That person built a replica of the Bill Niekamp roadster to affix the nose to. As the original Niekamp roadster got more famous, there were now two people claiming to own it. The one with the car, and the one with the nose. Eventually someone bought both and put them back together.

This is car I know nothing about, but I think it's gorgeous. A chopped roof Model A set down on the frame rails, a polished flathead V8 with all the trimmings, perfect wheels and a blue/white scallop paint scheme make this a perfect old school coupe.

Free Car: This is the car used in the movie "The California Kid" starting Martin Sheen. This is a classic built by Pete Chapouris in the early '70s. Its classic hot rod stance caught the attention of some movie producers and they used it for the movie. It has inspired hundreds of replicas by admiring fans ever since.

I still can't understand why it hasn't happened, when the game's parent company is American and hot rods are an archetype of American culture. A track-nose at the very least would fit the Motorsport title.

The Unmarked Pack:
Ford Police Interceptor (Free Car)
watermark.php

Chevy Tahoe
2015-chevrolet-tahoe-2wd-4-door-lt-angular-front-exterior-view_100471774_s.jpg

Dodge Charger
2015-charger-vlp-exterior.jpg

Ford Explorer
2011_Ford_Explorer_XLT_--_05-18-2011.jpg

Ford Taurus Police Interceptor
14652036241_73e6f686b0_b.jpg

BMW i8