For FXX-K's sake: all about the new Ferrari

• Thread starter Moto54
  • 60 comments
United States
United States
DRIVECLUB™_interior.jpg

As the title says, this is a thread to showcase the Ferrari FXX K.

Over the course of many days I'll add hotlaps and point to point runs, including whatever track tips
or whathaveyou's I can think of. Theres a lot to like about the FXX K.. its really fast, has a great multi-dimensional sound, and it handles well.

You know, we all have favorite tracks and places to run, and we all have favorite cars and classes.
Thats not a small thing when you consider the intensity we put into driving, and perhaps thats enough:
shredding our best tracks in our favorite cars.
..or if its not enough, then its certainly a fun place to start!

Munnar: just one thing for you to notice. The very first turn is actually loaded with challenges
that demonstrate how sophisticated Driveclub is. You are in 4th as you approach, but you need
to brake and downshift into 3rd while using a line and technique that will allow you to tick into 4th almost before you fully exit the corner, and not drop rev's. Its a fancy little dance you play with the gears, the
brakes, and the low concrete wall on the right, keeping off dirt that will slow you.

Its sophisticated because there really arent a dozen assorted ways to be fast thru Turn 1. Its very specific. Almost scientific. And its something you need to figure out on your own, which is the fun and the difficulty. I dont know of a car that gets through it better than the FXX K.

Last edited:
View attachment 425350

As the title says, this is a thread to showcase the Ferrari FXX K.

Over the course of many days I'll add hotlaps and point to point runs, including whatever track tips
or whathaveyou's I can think of. Theres a lot to like about the FXX K.. its really fast, has a great multi-dimensional sound, and it handles well.

You know, we all have favorite tracks and places to run, and we all have favorite cars and classes.
Thats not a small thing when you consider the intensity we put into driving, and perhaps thats enough:
shredding our best tracks in our favorite cars.
..or if its not enough, then its certainly a fun place to start!

To begin heres a Point-to-Point run at Munnar, India. At the moment I'm not certain but
I'm pretty sure its the fastest time thats been done at Munnar (by anyone). I'll eat my words just as
soon as I learn different.

Munnar: just one thing for you to notice. The very first turn is actually loaded with challenges
that demonstrate how sophisticated Driveclub is. You are in 4th as you approach, but you need
to brake and downshift into 3rd while using a line and technique that will allow you to tick into 4th almost before you fully exit the corner, and not drop rev's. Its a fancy little dance you play with the gears, the
brakes, and the low concrete wall on the right, keeping off dirt that will slow you.

Its sophisticated because there really arent a dozen assorted ways to be fast thru Turn 1. Its very specific. Almost scientific. And its something you need to figure out on your own, which is the fun and the difficulty. I dont know of a car that gets through it better than the FXX K.

That looks very quick to me, will check and send a leaderboard when I'm home!!

Thank you for that. tbh I didnt expect anyone else to be in the 46's but yeah, theres ONE guy
there and all the rest in the 49's. weird. i'm still fastest but not by bloody much.
Never seen his name before either but the guy in 3rd is bloody quick!! He is in Ozzy and DJW_GT club!!

Never seen his name before either but the guy in 3rd is bloody quick!! He is in Ozzy and DJW_GT club!!

DJW strikes me as someone who knows himself and realizes that if he were to dedicate himself to
a goal in DC he could do it. Its not magic. Its like, if it meant everything to me I would go and beat
Ozzy's time at Autodrome 03- it might take a while, but I could do it. We're talking about 1 fricken tenth
of a second after all :) Not to get personal but YOU need to check yourself-- saying someone would get
into the low 41's and all :) My point is just that you need a certain amount of obsession.

Once you have a certain degree of skill I'd even say its MOSTLY obsession/compulsion.
And if I went back and beat Ozzy's autodrome time, well obviously HE could do the same to
my time. The idea that some guys are fastest-- and not being compulsive --is false.

Last edited:
DJW strikes me as someone who knows himself and realizes that if he were to dediacte himself to
a goal in DC he could do it. Its not magic. Its like, if it meant everything to me I would go and beat
Ozzy's time at Autodrome 03- it might take a while, but I could do it. We're talking about 1 fricken tenth
of a second after all :) Not to get personal but YOU need to check yourself-- saying someone would get
into the low 41's and all :) My point is just that you need a certain amount of obsession.
You are spot on. He comes across as quite chilled. I think the point I missed with this course is that there aren't many places to improve your time, not unlike Sinclair. I prefer the courses where you can keep finding green stuff! I like the short courses with several high risk turns/corners where you keep discovering time boosts. I still think it's a case of learn the course then you can get amazing times with virtually any car. Yes the cars behave differently but after several laps you learn how to throw them around. Wish you had online, be nice to see your name atop of all those leaderboards!!!

You are spot on. He comes across as quite chilled. I think the point I missed with this course is that there aren't many places to improve your time, not unlike Sinclair. I prefer the courses where you can keep finding green stuff! I like the short courses with several high risk turns/corners where you keep discovering time boosts. I still think it's a case of learn the course then you can get amazing times with virtually any car. Yes the cars behave differently but after several laps you learn how to throw them around. Wish you had online, be nice to see your name atop of all those leaderboards!!!

Thanks and I didnt want to seem confrontational, but here I am, practically the patron-saint of
posting replays and tips, and you're comparing that to some fast dude who you never hear of
except to see his name on the leaderboards? Who is #6 on the Munnar board you posted??
Ozzy is #6- with a time in the 49's. I dont need to be treated as number one, ok, but I made a
low 46 without even being able to run against ghosts or even knowing what others had posted.

I dont know why this is all coming out now :) but yeah, theres a big difference between why I am here, posting on GTPlanet, and guys you never hear of who have their names in the top 3. I'm saying that the
thought I couldnt do what they are doing is.. is.. (the word you english use) 'rubbish' :)

Last edited:
Thanks and I didnt want to seem confrontational, but here I am, practically the patron-saint of
posting replays and tips, and you're comparing that to some fast dude who you never hear of
except to see his name on the leaderboards? Who is #6 on the Munnar board you posted??
Ozzy is #6- with a time in the 49's. I dont need to be treated as number one, ok, but I made a
low 46 without even being able to run against ghosts or even knowing what others had posted.

I dont know why this is all coming out now :) but yeah, theres a big difference between why I am here, posting on GTPlanet, and guys you never hear of who have their names in the top 3. I'm saying that the
thought I couldnt do what they are doing is.. is.. (the word you english use) 'rubbish' :)
I didn't even notice Ozzy back in 6th a full 4 plus seconds behind your time!!!

So,getting back on topic:)
The new ferrari.I love it when the new cars release,head off to your favorite tracks and run through them all in wet/dry with each car to see how they stack up against the established favorites.I really haven't done this with this months releases due to a 6 event 'rally' on point to point courses over on avforums last week(won by ArsenalKid) which consumed most of my time.Hopefully this week I'll get some time to throw the FXXK around Japan,but then there's the lure of the F40 in wet multiplayer events atm....there's just not enough time!!

The new ferrari.I love it when the new cars release,head off to your favorite tracks and run through them all in wet/dry with each car to see how they stack up against the established favorites.I really haven't done this with this months releases due to a 6 event 'rally' on point to point courses over on avforums last week(won by ArsenalKid) which consumed most of my time.Hopefully this week I'll get some time to throw the FXXK around Japan,but then there's the lure of the F40 in wet multiplayer events atm....there's just not enough time!!
I know what you mean, this ganes amazing, there's never enough time to try everything you want to. The FXX-K is lovely to drive, I think the P1 GTR is slightly easier and nearly as fast, just not as much fun.

The new ferrari.I love it when the new cars release,head off to your favorite tracks and run through them all in wet/dry with each car to see how they stack up against the established favorites.

I have barely scratched the surface. I got the game in May, worked like mad to unlock all the cars, and
then the next thing I knew I was here at GTPlanet being hounded by Mcpartyman to go faster! I barely driven in the rain at all for example. An overlooked thing to do is also just try different times and cloud conditions for fun. Bandipur is like a wonderland with the way it changes in different light. But I have to say the new Ferrari moves everything ahead a few paces.. the tracks just seem more interesting when you got such a bad boy under you.

Heres the FXX K at Glenmorgan, India. I use the dash cam or bonnet when I drive, but this
replay shows the full cockpit view. In future I'll post some replays in chase view because I
know some of you use the DS4/chase cam combo, and its nice to see replays in the language you
know best. FWIW I'm about 99% sure this is a leaderboard #1 lap but since I cant connect my
PS4 online I'm not certain. But I have that gut feeling, for sure.

Glenmorgan: this one packs a lot of punch into a small package (thats what she said)
The FXX K blows the doors off the Hennessey here in terms of lap time; hell, in terms
of anything really, making the Ferrari one of the fastest overall cars you can race here.
Glenmorgan is extremely demanding in that there is not simply one corner or chicane that
determines your success. Almost every single corner has its own peculiar demands.
For example Turn 6 is a deadly slow 1st gear turtle-speed left hander that in its way
is extremely complex.. so Glenmorgan is a place where you could almost say,
"if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere". And this is underlined by the fact that
you dont have a racing line to show you where to go. Seriously, Glenmorgan is radical.

Heres the FXX K at Glenmorgan, India. I use the dash cam or bonnet when I drive, but this
replay shows the full cockpit view. In future I'll post some replays in chase view because I
know some of you use the DS4/chase cam combo, and its nice to see replays in the language you
know best. FWIW I'm about 99% sure this is a leaderboard #1 lap but since I cant connect my

Glenmorgan: this one packs a lot of punch into a small package (thats what she said)
The FXX K blows the doors off the Hennessey here in terms of lap time; hell, in terms
of anything really, making the Ferrari one of the fastest overall cars you can race here.
Glenmorgan is extremely demanding in that there is not simply one corner or chicane that
determines your success. Almost every single corner has its own peculiar demands.
For example Turn 6 is a deadly slow 1st gear turtle-speed left hander that in its way
"if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere". And this is underlined by the fact that
you dont have a racing line to show you where to go. Seriously, Glenmorgan is radical.

Haven't got time to go online until tomorrow Moto but I am sure you have previous form, world records, on this circuit. I am guessing this must be too!!! You certainly love the FXXK, I must try and use it more. From what I understand it's an upgraded LaFerrari and I was never much cop with that beast!

Haven't got time to go online until tomorrow Moto but I am sure you have previous form, world records, on this circuit.

Oh, if you'd post the FXX K board for Glenmorgan that's be great. No rush.

I know from Gran Turismo there are plenty of guys happy to turn laps in a Prius, or whatever, but
I just dont have that desire. My recipe for DC is to find whatever sweet spots you can and just go with
those.. I'm too old to spend hours with the ONE:1 on short tracks just for laughs, or a Performance class
car at Munnar or whatever. I tend to get down to sweaty business at about half a dozen tracks, with a few different cars. The rest I can live without for now.

Oh, if you'd post the FXX K board for Glenmorgan that's be great. No rush.

I know from Gran Turismo there are plenty of guys happy to turn laps in a Prius, or whatever, but
I just dont have that desire. My recipe for DC is to find whatever sweet spots you can and just go with
those.. I'm too old to spend hours with the ONE:1 on short tracks just for laughs, or a Performance class
car at Munnar or whatever. I tend to get down to sweaty business at about half a dozen tracks, with a few different cars. The rest I can live without for now.
Agree, I will check the overall leaderboard too. You never know, soon you might set a time that's best for any vehicle.

You never know, soon you might set a time that's best for any vehicle.

That would be fun but it would just stimulate Ozzy into a battle to the death :) You know the way we've
done things there isnt a lot of back and forth - back and forth. Typically I set a time and a replay, then Ozzy comes back sooner or later with a better one and by then we just call it quits.
Thats what I said about DJW and it applies to me as well; I am not threatened by being behind. If I want to or need to I can always improve. Sometimes you just say 'FXX K' it, and move on to whatever else.

That would be fun but it would just stimulate Ozzy into a battle to the death :) You know the way we've
done things there isnt a lot of back and forth - back and forth. Typically I set a time and a replay, then Ozzy comes back sooner or later with a better one and by then we just call it quits.
Thats what I said about DJW and it applies to me as well; I am not threatened by being behind. If I want to or need to I can always improve. Sometimes you just say 'FXX K' it, and move on to whatever else.
Hilarious, that bloody ferrari is going to generate so many puns!!! Btw what you said about the hot hatches etc is so right, I've driven around FVR in things like the Renault clitoris and it's like, wake me up when we next need to turn!!!

Yes not surprisingly you are numero uno, would still love to know who the guy is at Munnar just behind your 2-46 when several top names are 3 or 4 seconds behind!!!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1438979970757.jpg
    FB_IMG_1438979970757.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 28
Would just like to point this out, count this as a pre-warning IF any challenges happen on the tracks im about to mention (or countries!!)

HSR_Fusion owns Norway lol Literally, he loves the Point to Point tracks on Norway and i could get no where near his times. Personally i hate Norway and a little bit of frustration left behind in Scotland. I think DJW_GT Like Scotland. But i like India so we all have our own preferences there.

I'll give the FXXK A go again. I submitted that lap as a test run the minute the DLC was released in the UK. Lol. I was awake and revving to go.

I've gotta say, I'm really not a huge fan of the FXXK's handling, at all... Like the LaFerrari it just doesn't suit my driving style. As Moto said, I could have got that Autodromo lap back from Arsenal if I really wanted to put the time and effort in, but I was content with 1st on the online leaderboard (at the time I set it) and didn't fancy going back to it afterwards, so I left it at that. :)

I am a fan of Glenmorgan though, so I might give that one a go if I get the chance. ^_^

EDIT: I actually think we have a club member for pretty much every track @OzzyOzborne :D (Except Skjolden Reversed, ain't nobody got time for that... :indiff: )

Last edited:
I've gotta say, I'm really not a huge fan of the FXXK's handling, at all... Like the LaFerrari it just doesn't suit my driving style. As Moto said, I could have got that Autodromo lap back from Arsenal if I really wanted to put the time and effort in, but I was content with 1st on the online leaderboard (at the time I set it) and didn't fancy going back to it afterwards, so I left it at that. :)

I am a fan of Glenmorgan though, so I might give that one a go if I get the chance. ^_^

EDIT: I actually think we have a club member for pretty much every track @OzzyOzborne :D (Except Skjolden Reversed, ain't nobody got time for that... :indiff: )
Haha, i do like Skjolden Reversed A LITTLE BIT. Not much, only a little. I'll give my list of tracks i like

Oliver's Landing [Normal]
Munnar [Normal]
Salar de Surire [Normal & Reversed]
Autodromo 03
Nakasendo [Normal & Reversed]
Taapaca [Normal]
Putre [Normal & Reversed]
Chungara Lake [Reversed, but i aint going near it because that's DJ's territory lol]
Los Pelambres [Normal & Reversed]
Sinclair Pass [Normal & Reversed]
Fraser Valley [Normal & Reversed]
Maplewood 02
Asagiri Hills Raceway 03.

That's pretty much it.

I'd like to see what you can make of Glenmorgan in the FXX K; you are the only other fast guy
who I've seen likes that place. If you make one you're happy with you might post the replay
here. I like watching how other guys tackle the same problems. But if you do, please upload it
in dash or bonnet view :) ..how that Ozzy gets on with auto gears and chase cam is a mystery for
Sherlock Holmes to solve.

Haha, i do like Skjolden Reversed A LITTLE BIT. Not much, only a little. I'll give my list of tracks i like

Oliver's Landing [Normal]
Munnar [Normal]
Salar de Surire [Normal & Reversed]
Autodromo 03
Nakasendo [Normal & Reversed]
Taapaca [Normal]
Putre [Normal & Reversed]
Chungara Lake [Reversed, but i aint going near it because that's DJ's territory lol]
Los Pelambres [Normal & Reversed]
Sinclair Pass [Normal & Reversed]
Fraser Valley [Normal & Reversed]
Maplewood 02
Asagiri Hills Raceway 03.

That's pretty much it.
That's quite a big list there Ozzy, very impressive. I need to vary my circuits a little as I mainly do the fairly short, less than 1-30, ones and next to no point to points. I've done pretty competitive times on about 20 of the 80 or so tracks in the game. Must admit with the normal and reverse stuff I usually do one or the other never both!

When did i say i drove Auto Gears? Whoops. I drive Manual :)👍

Sorry buddy! I could have sworn you use auto! my bad. I will now have to find another
reason to swear at you. :) (i thought i read it in mcpartys fastest drivers thread. doh!)

Last edited:
Sorry buddy! I could have sworn you use auto! my bad. I will now have to find another
reason to swear at you. :) (i thought i read it in mcpartys fastest drivers thread. doh!)

In other news I made a sweat drenched 'nother attempt at Glenmorgan.
I saw .200+ green a couple of times but couldnt convert . As a consolation prize I came
away with about a tenth.. 'crumbs'. This time I'm posting the replay in chase cam view,
which is a disgusting and depraved way to drive!! :)

Haha, it's the only way to drive!! I am on a mission to try and beat a ridiculous eb4 time on my beloved FVR. He got a ridiculous 45 seconds dead in the one. Until a week or two back death racer had the record at 46.3 by about 1 second from me. I am now down to 46.4 and I can definitely get another second!!

This is a turning point for you then. If you're going to own FVR then OWN it! I dont care if your fingers need surgery afterward but DO it!.
Haha very funny, old people get injured easier!! I wonder if DJW_GT has had a go with the Fxxk'n on Glenmorgan yet. I would love to see you two banging heads there!!

Back