For NFS 2021, what cars from the Ghost era (2015, Payback and Heat) should return?

• Thread starter MIE1992
  • 12 comments
United States
Connecticut
Ridley-X4
I think that given how close Ghost's DNA is to Criterion, it could be easy for Criterion to bring back many of the cars that Ghost had modeled for their respective games, mainly their most recent three entries: NFS 2015, Payback, and Heat. With this in mind, I'd bring back almost every car from Heat, except for the convertible versions of cars that were already included - such as the Ferrari 458 Spyder, while the Honda S2000 would return - and the special trims of cars where you had much more limited customization options, like the Lamborghini Aventador SVJ. I would also include all the cars with bodykits designs by Khyzyl Saleem - including the ones that were datamined but never made it into Heat, not even as DLC.

I am also hoping Ferrari returns, but especially if Ferrari can loosen up a bit insofar that we get more customization options, like the famed Liberty Walk kit for the 458.

Finally, I could see some models being replaced with their more recent versions, like with the Subaru BRZ, Chevrolet Camaro Mk.V, the Dodge Challenger from 2014, or the Jaguar F-Type.

EDIT: I also almost forgot about Toyota. I think it's quite likely that they've backtracked on their decision to generally withdraw from many racing games. For one example, they've already appeared in both Forza again, and that critically-panned Fast and Furious game by Slightly Mad Studios. The latter even has the new A90 Supra as DLC, so I could easily see the next NFS not only featuring the Toyota models from 2015 (sans the GT86, since we already would have the BRZ) but also other models, hopefully such as the aforementioned A90, but also maybe an MR2 or something. And given that the Ford F-150 Raptor and Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 appeared in Heat, maybe we could get the Tundra TRD Pro, alongside the Dodge RAM Rebel to get that performance truck quartet.

EDIT2: I also would greatly appreciate the cars from NFS 2015 and Payback we didn't get in Heat, like the Beck Kustoms F132, and that 1932 Ford Coupe that had a large variety of customization options.

Last edited:
Got a whole list here, but I think the car list should really focus on even-ness, depth and variety, something that's been lacking the past 2 games especially, LOTS of filler in the multiple trim levels of the exact same car, roadster versions of the exact same car, SUV's, track cars in an illegal street racing game etc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rjYThzR5wnLjJP4t4JAxV9D2PhQwSTyU/edit
Yeah, I think the track cars and roadster versions of the same car can go, but I think the SUVs/trucks can stay. If anything, I think they could add just a few more SUVs, namely the Lamborghini Urus, the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio, and the Aston Martin DBX. That said, I wouldn't really mind if the SUVs/trucks were left behind, either.

I think that HEAT got neat car list. All cars from it should stay. (yeah i like to have roadsters and coupes in game)

Yeah, I think the track cars and roadster versions of the same car can go, but I think the SUVs/trucks can stay. If anything, I think they could add just a few more SUVs, namely the Lamborghini Urus, the Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio, and the Aston Martin DBX. That said, I wouldn't really mind if the SUVs/trucks were left behind, either.
I'm fine with more SUVs added if there are more things to do with them, the way Heat has them is quite pointless. They are usable as off road cars but not the best, useless at on road racing and not really good for cop chases either.

I don't mind the roadsters either and I hope they bring back the convertible roof function that they had in Rivals for the next game. But it will be great if they can get rid of the variants like Huracan and Huracan Performante as separate cars, will be better like the Diablo SV in game with GT and GTR variants as parts. Mclaren F1 DLC has the GT1 spec and Longtail as body kits too.

I'm fine with more SUVs added if there are more things to do with them, the way Heat has them is quite pointless. They are usable as off road cars but not the best, useless at on road racing and not really good for cop chases either.

I don't mind the roadsters either and I hope they bring back the convertible roof function that they had in Rivals for the next game. But it will be great if they can get rid of the variants like Huracan and Huracan Performante as separate cars, will be better like the Diablo SV in game with GT and GTR variants as parts. Mclaren F1 DLC has the GT1 spec and Longtail as body kits too.
Agreed, there needs to be more competitive ecosystems. I was a bit disappointed, when NFS Heat's car list was initially revealed on the official website and each vehicle had a class of sort with it, like "open-top" for the roadsters, but I don't think anything was actually done with this in the game. Hopefully in the next game, there will be potential vehicle limitations for some events, but also performance rating limitations, so that you could potentially benefit from having multiple cars in the same class, but tuned to different degrees.

Car restriction is fine but it also need to be able to get rid of those restrictions once you beat it, HP2010 has races all locked to specific classes was annoying and made the whole game very repetive for single player.

I hope they bring back most of the cars from especially the JDM and muscle cars. I do agree I think they don't need to have the variants as separate vehicles

Car restriction is fine but it also need to be able to get rid of those restrictions once you beat it, HP2010 has races all locked to specific classes was annoying and made the whole game very repetitive for single player.
Yeah, though I think the option should still be there, so that there could be two SpeedWalls, where one is for using the original restricted list of cars, and one for using any car.
kjb
I hope they bring back most of the cars from especially the JDM and muscle cars. I do agree I think they don't need to have the variants as separate vehicles
Yeah. Plus they could replace some models with newer versions, especially for the Camaro and the Challenger. As for classic muscle, I think a lot of what they have is fine, especially when you factor in cars from dead brands like Mercury and Pontiac. As for JDM cars, I think there's just a little more they could add, like maybe an older Lancer Evolution to compliment the X - perhaps the VIII or IX - and I'm hoping Toyota and Lexus return, too, especially since they've already appeared in Forza Horizon 4 and even Fast & Furious Crossroads. For those two brands, I'd want the Supra A80 and AE86 to return from NFS2015, but the 86 could be replaced with the new GR86, plus we could benefit from an iteration of the MR2. Even the GR Yaris could be neat, too. I'd also love to see something like the SC430 or the IS F as far as Lexus goes.

For other JDM brands, I'd possibly want to see more Mitsubishi models. There's the idea of having a second iteration of the Lancer Evolution, but there was also the GTO and FTO, as well. For Subaru, another iteration of the WRX STI could be nice, too. On another note, I think NFS Heat did have either the Evolution VIII or IX in addition to the X. At least one iteration of the Mazda RX-8 would be superb, too, and I think that may even be more likely than additional Subaru or Mitsubishi models.

Finally, while they may not necessarily be "JDM" per say, I do like Heat's inclusion of the Acura RSX Type-S, and that could be joined by the Acura Integra Type-R from the late 90s/early 00s. Y’know, the one that I think only came in two colors, and one was a bright yellow.

Last edited:
I would love to see the Toyota Soarer and Chaser in the game as well. Maybe the last year of the Pontiac Fiero as well

kjb
I would love to see the Toyota Soarer and Chaser in the game as well. Maybe the last year of the Pontiac Fiero as well
It’d be nice, but I doubt it’ll happen. However, I do think that if Toyota/Lexus returns, the debut of the GR Supra (A90) in the NFS series would be highly likely.

It doesn't really matter what cars are available, the gameplay alone can make up for it.

there needs to be a balance between car restriction and freedom to do whatever you want,

plus there needs to be events exclusive to that car or atleast to the certain group that car is in to avoid repition and keep the gameplay personalized, for example:

maybe use the 6 event (plus 2 dlc events) that is different (or atleast different enough that a casual player won't notice) that is specific to each car or group that car is in, like nfs mw 2012 did, but instead of finding cars, u unlock them.

also the way you unlock them is crucial, for example, burnout paradise had this thing where you a car by just winning races and progressing in general, but if u want u can complete a burning route (which is a time trail event for that car only), and then you'll win a special version of that car with slightly better stats.

meaning that it has something for both lazy and adventurous players, meaning u can prove that u put in the work and in term got rewarded for it.

however instead of a single race, we can do something better, simply just fuse mw 2012 6 race thing and burnout paradise special car stuff and get rewarded normal cars thru general progression and u got urself a system that is both a small game of it's own and rewards you well and is generally fun.

so, it doesn't really matter what car u have aslong as u use it well as a game developer.

Last edited:
It doesn't really matter what cars are available, the gameplay alone can make up for it.

there needs to be a balance between car restriction and freedom to do whatever you want,

plus there needs to be events exclusive to that car or atleast to the certain group that car is in to avoid repition and keep the gameplay personalized, for example:

maybe use the 6 event (plus 2 dlc events) that is different (or atleast different enough that a casual player won't notice) that is specific to each car or group that car is in, like nfs mw 2012 did, but instead of finding cars, u unlock them.

also the way you unlock them is crucial, for example, burnout paradise had this thing where you a car by just winning races and progressing in general, but if u want u can complete a burning route (which is a time trail event for that car only), and then you'll win a special version of that car with slightly better stats.

meaning that it has something for both lazy and adventurous players, meaning u can prove that u put in the work and in term got rewarded for it.

however instead of a single race, we can do something better, simply just fuse mw 2012 6 race thing and burnout paradise special car stuff and get rewarded normal cars thru general progression and u got urself a system that is both a small game of it's own and rewards you well and is generally fun.

so, it doesn't really matter what car u have aslong as u use it well as a game developer.
I fully agree that how the cars are implemented is arguably as important as which models are present. I'd also add that it could be very fun to have cars that behave differently in terms of game mechanics. For example, there are cars in GT Sport that can make use of regenerative braking and/or DRS.

Latest Posts

Back