For those that object to GTS or GT7 having Std Cars, what is your reason?

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 758 comments

For those that object to GTS or GT7 having Std Cars, what is your reason?

• I am offended that PD is going to sell a game that includes assets they created 10 years ago

Votes: 205 49.5%
  • PD needs to focus their resources on other areas of GT7 that have been lacking in prior releases

Votes: 111 26.8%
  • STD. Cars will lower the overall content quality of other parts of GT7.

Votes: 200 48.3%
  • I like to race using in-cockpit view mode, a black silhouette dilutes the immersive experience.

Votes: 138 33.3%
  • They will take up space in my garage for the cars I personally want.

Votes: 14 3.4%
  • I don't have a good reason, I just don't want them.

Votes: 19 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 39 9.4%

• Total voters
Apparently this was a case where he hoped that premiums would be good enough for PS4, but they weren't.
Which sound a bit weird to me, considering premiums from GT6 look absolutely amazing in photomode, even today. Shouldn't require too much work to incorporate them into GT7, right?

And I know you're fond of poopoohing that poor NOMAD Diablo, but you must admit that if it was Premium, you'd be grabbing it for a few races.

Bit of a strange retort, of course I would, it's a great car, but that model is just rubbish. That is the whole point. You're the one who brought it up again claiming you couldn't notice the difference between it and premiums, and that people who could were exaggerating. I just presented the evidence that suggests it is you with the selective eyesight, not us wearing "Make standards look worse than Ten D sees them" goggles.

Which sound a bit weird to me, considering premiums from GT6 look absolutely amazing in photomode, even today. Shouldn't require too much work to incorporate them into GT7, right?

Yeah, I don't quite understand it either, to be honest.

I mean, there's obviously a disparity between the premiums made for GT5P and the ones made for GT6, and I can totally understand wanting to leave some of the earlier premiums out. But even if they're only taking the very best I would have thought they'd have more cars.

But perhaps not. Perhaps that's what they did, and there's only 137 cars (at best, we still don't know about dupes) that are actually up to standard. Although I'd have thought that in three years any studio with a budget the size of Polyphony's could afford to make twice that many if they wanted.

I'll be interested to see the final car list. I mean, GT6 didn't really have that many new cars over GT5. Given that GTS seems to have a lot of VGTs which were almost certainly built to the PS4 spec from the beginning, I wonder how many actual new cars they made. I don't buy the rebuilt from the ground up thing, you don't throw away a model that took six months to build. At best you use what parts you can and rebuild the rest. There's nothing to be gained by going back and remodelling fender panels from scratch.

I don't buy the rebuilt from the ground up thing, you don't throw away a model that took six months to build.
True.
Also, if they're building from scratch why would they pick older cars from 2008-2012 instead of picking more recent cars? I like cars such as Z4 GT3, 908 LMP1, TS030, R18 TDI, but I think if they're building new car models from scratch it would be more interesting to have more recent cars such as M6 GT3, AMG GT3, TS050, R18 etron quattro, etc.

You're the one who brought it up again claiming you couldn't notice the difference between it and premiums, and that people who could were exaggerating.
In race, my man, in race. Let's not ignore the context of which I was speaking. ;)

Yes, I know full well that in Photo Mode shots you can't even get closer than a certain distance. Everyone can gawk and mock to their heart's content to the pics. I see every facet and pixel. I still like them and took pictures of them.

Now, we aren't getting a single poly of Standard content in GT Sport, so let's both revel in the HD glory to come, and just be chums debating what we'd like to see in Sport and GT7 both. I might even mention Standards then, but in a slightly different way. ;)

FS7
True.
Also, if they're building from scratch why would they pick older cars from 2008-2012 instead of picking more recent cars? I like cars such as Z4 GT3, 908 LMP1, TS030, R18 TDI, but I think if they're building new car models from scratch it would be more interesting to have more recent cars such as M6 GT3, AMG GT3, TS050, R18 etron quattro, etc.
I wouldn't believe the building from scratch statement too much, at least not for all cars. They certainly reused quite a lot in case of the cars you just mentioned.

The only explanation I have for the thin car list is that PD is holding alot of them back for paid DLC packs.

They must have been really impressed by Turn 10's DLC model and decided to do the same. Be ready for the inevitable "season pass".

Thats the only reason I can think of to explain just 130 cars.

HMPH! I object to having standard cars in GTS it’s just simply unacceptable. As for standards being seen as classics, I feel more like anachronisms is a better term.

Slightly off topic but, I remember the transition from GT2 - GT3, I feel like I was the only one disappointed slightly. I did not appreciate having a huge number of considerable marks ripped out of the game, cars and features that I was fond of, and still have a yearning for to reappear in the GT series since GT2.

The car Line up in GT3 suffered greatly (Those manufacturer line ups were lacking some) yet GT3 maintained quality in any case, the same could be have been done with GTS. Transfer the standard cars to premium that need to be there and just savour the quality. Though in truth if there are going to be standards I’d rather there be standards in GTS and not GT7. Let PD mellow over and decide what is truly important.

For instance some fans would like the supra RZ to be remodelled to premium so badly. Should there be an exclusion of standard cars, could the idea of the supra RZ being absconded entirely from the game prompt PD into making a definitive decision and design a premium option? We all know that there are of course many favourite models not just for the fans but for PD as well. (The supra RZ may indeed be one of the cars Kaz mentioned becoming premium this was just an example)

Hopefully PD will stave off that standard stuff for GT7, it will be interesting to see what they deem necessary to include as premium from the standard pool.

Latest Posts

Back