Force GT Vs G27?

• Thread starter Big Tav
  • 9 comments
Scotty_Tav
Hi guys, I am new to driving games but I am hooked on GT5. I want to get a wheel and my head is telling me just get the Force GT which can be had for £50-70 on Ebay but my heart says get the G27. I play the game in auto mode anyway so a clutch isn't essential but I may switch to manual later and if I had a wheel.

Is the G27 really that much better? I know it is as it has better motors and a clutch and the H gate for the shifting but is it worth an extra £150 minimum?

Cheers.

If GT5 is mostly what you play and you arent going to use a clutch, I guess I would lean more towards the Driving Force GT. The G27 buttons arent programable and half of them are on the shifter which arent accessible during a race. Though... G27 pedals and paddles are immensely better.

For GT5 your better of with the DFGT from what Ive been reading the force feedback is stronger than G27 in GT5 (maybe because the G27 not officialy suported) and it is totaly compatible but if you are thinking of getting into PC sim racing then go with the G27.

I love the feel of the H-shifter and clutch, pedals also feel better and have good resistance and dont feel flimsy. I also find the G27 quieter.

G27 is unquestionably the better wheel, but do you play enough to justify the cost?

If you buy the G27, you won't regret it. Absolutely worth that money. Pedals (and the wheel itself) are much better. I know;)

Got the DFGT and so far it is really good. I think the G27 would be better obviously but for the amount I play I highly recommend it! I also got the Wheel Stand Pro.

The wheel is a bit notchier than I would have thought and it does make a fair but of noise but it is great. I wish the wheel was a bit smoother and the motors were a bit (like about 10%) softer.

One surprise was even on flat roads the wheel can move around a bit which is something you never feel on the controller. It is more realistic like that but in a fast car you have to watch it a bit.

DFGT is nothing compared to the g27, the wheel is loud, and the pedals have very low resistance compared to the g27, and are made from plastic. Also the H-shifter is very fun to use

Back