Ford GT '06 fixed !

• Thread starter fumes
  • 47 comments
fumes, welcome! been using your tunes forever on GTvault! thanks for the Ford GT tune and tip, haven't driven my Ford GT since the special events and I didn't really like it, hopefully this changes everything bc the car is sexy!

So heres the deal.. First off a rm car with 850+ hp and very little weight over the front end is going to have understeer while hard accelerating out of a tighter turn end of story with or without asm on.. I love the GT its a beast . I have tested the whole tune and it works great but the whole asm thing im not sure about. i have tested the GT with and without the asm on.. Without it on it will understandably understeer under hard acceleration on exiting a turn so here is a solution dont give it soo much gas! With the asm on it still mildly understeers under the same conditions so not really that much of a difference between the 2 .. point its if you handle this car carefully you dont need the asm

So heres the deal.. First off a rm car with 850+ hp and very little weight over the front end is going to have understeer while hard accelerating out of a tighter turn end of story with or without asm on.. I love the GT its a beast . I have tested the whole tune and it works great but the whole asm thing im not sure about. i have tested the GT with and without the asm on.. Without it on it will understandably understeer under hard acceleration on exiting a turn so here is a solution dont give it soo much gas! With the asm on it still mildly understeers under the same conditions so not really that much of a difference between the 2 .. point its if you handle this car carefully you dont need the asm
Fail logic...
If you go slow enough the Veyron handles amazingly well too!

Fail logic...
If you go slow enough the Veyron handles amazingly well too!

He's right to an extent... The GT will understeer on throttle until the cows come home or the rear breaks loose, whichever comes first. It can be calmed down via proper settings but ASM is definitely not the way to do it... As I've mentioned in this thread many times, a car with no AIDS will not SLOW DOWN at WOT when the rear tires are still perfectly planted lol.

why did fumes never reply to rj.. I'm not saying either party is correct because I haven't tested it, but to straight up avoid the debate is a bit cowardly and counter productive imo.

I'm gonna give this car a shot, i've driven it fine before. On a exit of a corner is when you should hard accelerate. Midway you should be half throttle. I'll give mine another go.

I threw the tune onto my GT but never put a LSD in it, I can easily drive this car without TCS and ASM, and it rarely kicks out when I floor it after a corner. During my 2nd playthrough and not buying and LSDs I've been noticing they actually do more harm then good to cars and it is much easier to drive without them.

If you have ASM and TCS on any car will drive like a dream. A Shelby Cobra is one of, if not the most dangerous cars to tune add TCS and ASM and it becomes as docile as a stock Cappuccino, even with 750+hp in a <1000kg frame and a massive lump of a Ford big block under the hood weighing the front down. AIDS are speed and fun killers. Some of the funnest drives I've ever had were in my 198hp Toyota 2000gt with no aids stomping cars with 2 times the HP with AIDS.

I threw the tune onto my GT but never put a LSD in it, I can easily drive this car without TCS and ASM, and it rarely kicks out when I floor it after a corner. During my 2nd playthrough and not buying and LSDs I've been noticing they actually do more harm then good to cars and it is much easier to drive without them.

Sure. More harm than good if you don't tune them. 40 LSD accel and 20 decel are waaaayyy too high. Try a good tuned LSD then tell us again that they do more harm than good.

If when the ASM is "on" its really "off" then what is the game doing when the ASM indicator is flashing? I always thought the indicator flashed when ASM was actively at work.

If you have ASM and TCS on any car will drive like a dream. A Shelby Cobra is one of, if not the most dangerous cars to tune add TCS and ASM and it becomes as docile as a stock Cappuccino, even with 750+hp in a <1000kg frame and a massive lump of a Ford big block under the hood weighing the front down. AIDS are speed and fun killers. Some of the funnest drives I've ever had were in my 198hp Toyota 2000gt with no aids stomping cars with 2 times the HP with AIDS.

If when the ASM is "on" its really "off" then what is the game doing when the ASM indicator is flashing? I always thought the indicator flashed when ASM was actively at work.

He said that he is driving with all aids off. Not sure what the two of you are referencing?

He said that he is driving with all aids off. Not sure what the two of you are referencing?

I was referencing the OP and pointing out to those who thought this tune is flawless that Aids on any car will make it quite docile(with the redbull Xseries being the exception)

Check the OP, he's basically saying the Ford GT is glitched and ABS on really gives you ABS off on the track while the setting ABS off turns ABS on.

As you can see here

Something is afoot here, I thought, and it smells like Electronic Assist !!!
And there you have it. What is the first thing we keep preaching about ASM? Turn it off !
However, PD have arsed it the wrong way around for the Ford GT'06.
For the Ford GT06, you WANT to turn ASM ON !!!!
Before you shout sacrilege or blasphemy ! Try my setup.
Now the car starts behaving like electronic assist are actually off.
We start to get lock ups under hard braking, the car reacts to tuning changes, and most importantly, it now accelerates out of mid corners.

So any other setup you see that asks you to turn ASM off on a Ford GT'06, you will know to steer clear off straight away.

Last edited:
I was referencing the OP and pointing out to those who thought this tune is flawless that Aids on any car will make it quite docile(with the redbull Xseries being the exception)

Check the OP, he's basically saying the Ford GT is glitched and ABS on really gives you ABS off on the track while the setting ABS off turns ABS on.

As you can see here

The opening post was from January of 2011. He only made seven total posts on the site. I don't think he is still around to receive your answers.

The opening post was from January of 2011. He only made seven total posts on the site. I don't think he is still around to receive your answers.

It's all gravy, I didn't revive the old thread, and haven't made a habit of checking OP dates when I spot a thread at the top of the list. Either wa I find it funny.

Back