Resource icon

Ford GT40 Mark I '66 "Stealth Edition"

United States
Maine
VooDooChilde333
demonchilde submitted a new tune:

Ford GT40 Mark I '66 "Stealth Edition" - 600pp tune designed on High-speed Ring.

Made on High-speed Ring, works well on 'most' tracks. Top speed is 220ish, as it is, move slider if you need more high end.
10h1rt2.jpg

Read more about this tune...

The name "Stealth Edition" is referring to the color scheme.
body; GT JAPANESE 001-C
rims; GT GREY 009-N
caliper; Bianco Isis

Thanks for the tune! I want to try it in Historic, International B. I cannot get any way there, I am struggling.

The brake balance says F/R 7 / 5124 - Is that correct?

(Perhaps it is F/R 7/5 ?)

Last edited:
7/5 is correct, you can tell I typed that from my phone with it's tiny keyboard, lol.
I can help you with anything your stuck on, just ask/tell me where you are. If I don't have a tune/car perfect for what your doing, I know who does.

Do you have the anniversary cars by chance?

I have problems with the 3 races in Historic, International B.
I have tried with your tune and the GT40 becomes a beast, but hard to master
Yes, I have the GT40 66 and Cobra Daytona coupe of the anniversary cars. I also have Stratos and A110 of the Pre 79 Anniversary cars. I don't have all, only 15 of them.
What I see in the races is Chaparral 2D, 2J, Ferrari 330, Jaguar XJ13, Toyota 7.
Some of the cars cost 20 million.
So if you can point me in the right direction, that's great :-)

With your tune I am doing much better, now 4th at Cote d'Azur. So I might win after some more tries :-)

Last edited:
First off, the cars are random. So if you see the 2D at all, go out and reenter until you dont.
Second, the Toyota7 and the 2j are fine if theres only 1 of them in the line up, if both are there, same thing, out and in.
The Ferrari looks mean, but the AI doesnt drive her like we would, so nevermind them.
Third of all, pump your front brake # up to 9, and back # 8. You have to master late braking and utilize your massive torque to get in the range of the front 2 cars by lap 3. If you find yourself playing bumper car a lot, work on your braking skills by starting just a tiny bit before then normal.
Forth, you have the long track where the start line is, then the long windy track up hill, going up that hill, floor it....pedal to the metal. You WILL play bumper car on this one spot, but dont worry, the placement of the guardrails up top aim you right where you need to be. Sounds messed up but do it. That one spot times 4 laps gives you an edge ground wise as all the others brake very early in those spots.
Now, the last thing you need to get really good at is the last little guard rail on the final streach. Dont slam on the gas until the nose of the car see's a straight line through that pass, in this one spot, it is not ideal to speed up at apex UNLESS you turned late and the apex actually IS at a straight line through, just dont slam on the gas while your still turning.
The GT hates going slow, you will notice this as the car almost yells at you when you hit the gas again after you almost came to a complete stop. So try not to. Utilise turning while coasting, while letting the actual mph and rev meter not get too too far low. I tuned it so it would turn very well in low speed corners, lol, or tried to anyway^^
Let me know how it goes.

Hi, thanks and thanks! :-)
I have tried a few more times and am doing better. I took your comments to heart and feel like there is an improvement in my driving. I manage to keep the revs up and I am better at braking into the corners
I will try your new tune and see

Back