Ford Quadricycle 1896

• Thread starter Pootis
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
I already suggested the Daimler Motor Carriage and @chevyisawesome suggested the Benz Patent Motor Carriage so why not another car from the late 1800s?

800px-FordQuadricycle.jpg

The Quadricycle was Henry Ford's first automobile he made. After the success of the Quadricycle, Henry Ford then started his own company called the Henry Ford Company which would later become the Ford Motor Company.

The car was named the Quadricycle because it ran on four bicycle wheels or because the engine drove the rear wheels.

The original is currently at the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan.

Specs:

Weight - 500 lbs (226.79 kg)
Drivetrain - RR

If you like Ford:

Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R 2016
Ford Crown Victoria LX 2007
Ford Bronco Concept 2004
Ford F-1 1950

You may also like:

Daimler Motor Carriage 1886

Last edited:
I'm guessing 1BHP? But the super light weight give it a power to weight ratio of 4BHP/Ton. And I thought my
66 Beetle was slow. Cant wait to take it on the Nurburgring. Wonder how much slower than my Beetle's 12:45 this Ford would be

I'm guessing 1BHP? But the super light weight give it a power to weight ratio of 4BHP/Ton. And I thought my
66 Beetle was slow. Cant wait to take it on the Nurburgring. Wonder how much slower than my Beetle's 12:45 this Ford would be

Well the 1886 Patent Motor Wagen took 146 minutes to do a lap of the 'ring back on GT4, so...:D

Back