Foretelling prize cars

• Thread starter Pégaso
  • 48 comments
Anyone here really knows ? : How does the game decide which car you will get when you win a championiship ?

Is it by the car you used ?

Is it by your ranking positions, or points ?

Is it by the time you spent racing ?

Or is it by anything else ?

I think this question is for GT masters ! Please, I have to know !!!

Yeah it is random. Think of it as a lottery machine. The number that gets picked out is always random. No one is ever going to actually know what number it going to be.

I don't think so !

Get in a japanese race car, go to US vs Japan, then win the championiship with 37 points. Don't qualify all the races.

You'll get Viper GTS-R in white color with green stripes !

I did it twice today !

First with a black FTO LM. Later with a purple Mazda RX-7 LM A-spec.

Try...

Oh, one more:

Once upon a time, I was racing US vs U.K, trying to get Concept Car in a third color. I won this championiship 50 times (really !). It just appeared Concept Car in yellow and Purple, and Mazda RX-7 LM A-spec in green.

In the last time, I got in a hard-tuned DB7 Coupe with race modification. I won with 34 or 35 points, just qualifying in the first race.

What car appeared ? Yes, Mazda RX-7 LM A-spec in purple !

But wasn't easy to win US vs U.K. in a DB7.

Related to the general topic, can't prize cars be determined by actions before playing (i.e: playing, then resetting), or am I thinking of A.I. grids?

Pégaso;2842152
I don't think so !

Get in a japanese race car, go to US vs Japan, then win the championiship with 37 points. Don't qualify all the races.

I did it twice today !

Try...
I am talking about when there are a number of cars you could win!

Hello everybody! :D Cheese! ;)
👎
AUP
You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any Forums nor disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as "flooding"). Spam - wasteful comments and posts, as judged by our moderators, will be removed and the member warned or banned.

Pégaso;2842152
I don't think so !

I did it twice today !

Try...

Pégaso;2842159
Oh, one more:

Once upon a time, I was racing US vs U.K, trying to get Concept Car in a third color. I won this championiship 50 times (really !). It just appeared Concept Car in yellow and Purple, and Mazda RX-7 LM A-spec in green.

In the last time, I got in a hard-tuned DB7 Coupe with race modification. I won with 34 or 35 points, just qualifying in the first race.

What car appeared ? Yes, Mazda RX-7 LM A-spec in purple !

But wasn't easy to win US vs U.K. in a DB7.
Don't double post. Instead, use the edit button on the post to edit it, or add more. You can if a post is something like a day apart, but not if you have only posted a few minutes ago, or even a few hours. Trust me, double posting is not good. I do it to much myself, even though I shouldn't!

If there's a pattern it's never been proven solid! I'm not a computer programmer by any means, but from what I've read in the past, there's a simple directive that forms a random seed and dispels prizes in an unpredictable fashion. Anyone who has noticed any sort of pattern inevitably gets proven wrong in the long run...but feel free to prove your case if you must...

Last edited:
However, how can you determine what car they give you?

And, I think I was thinking of GT2. Sorry to all.

We can't determine this....it's buried within PD's programming methods and a mystery to us. Perhaps a super-smart guy like HACKr could answer how this works...wherever he is.

It's pretty much pseudorandom (computers aren't really random).. I know in GT2 it seemed as though cars with higher value were awarded less, but I haven't paid much attention to GT1. Or it could be by power. The more powerful/valued cars could be awarded proportionally less for each unit of your cars performance, but I can't prove anything, haven't fired up GT1 in ages (and why would a coder go through all the trouble to write that into the program?). If anyone else can present any more observations that would be great. I pretty much conclude that it's random though.

Well, I tried it, and I got a Soarer for trying the Mega-Speed Cup with a dropped Skyline, and a DB7 for using a Supra LM. This could very well be a coincidence, though...

'+REP' for PD if they devised such an elaborate system, however.

Me personally, I think the prize car you get depends on the type of race you are in. Like for example, in the US vs. Japan event the prize car is either the Viper GTS-R (American) or the FTO LM Edition (Japanese)! Or it could be on how well you drove on the course. Like making sure that you car always stays on the road or that your car doesn't oversteer and spin out! Hope this helps, Pegaso!

Well that's obvious, for each championship you can get either car A or car B. The question by Pegaso is: can you predict which car you get out of those 2? I don't think how well you drive matters, the award system is programmed to be totally random, that's all. All those theories you heard have never been 100% foolproof. Just say a prayer before you play if you really want a specific car, if you've proven your worth then maybe God will give it to you. If not then just try again. If you've had enough of frustration then just buy it off someone's memcard or use GS. Simple.

I have used a Game Shark Pro to examine memory at the "press the button" screen, and the car has already been added to your garage at that point. (Difficult to find, because the garage is in a shifted location, and all car codes have 1 added to them).

That is, nothing you do after that affects the prize you win. (It's not affected by the button you press, or how long you take, etc).

One question is whether all players find the same car of A and B is common or rare, and whether they find the same colours of those cars to be common or rare.

Back