Forgotten Cars Thread Week 61 and beyond: End of the Road

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 718 comments
At Mid-Field, stock, no oil change, Comfort Soft tires.

The MazdaSpeed competes with these cars:

1:27.183 - 428 - SRT SRT4 '03
1:27.186 - 429 - Ford Focus ST '13
1:27.237 - 434 - Toyota Supra 2.5GT Twin Turbo R '90
1:27.309 - 395 - Hommell Berlinette R/S Coupe '99
1:27.342 - 423 - Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04
1:27.363 - 410 - Mercedes Benz 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution II '91
1:27.368 - 431 - Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '06
1:27.406 - 408 - Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 '85
1:27.444 - 428 - Audi S4 '98
1:27.460 - 417 - Chrysler Crossfire '04
1:27.530 - 414 - Honda Civic Type R '08
1:27.539 - 414 - Honda Civic Type R (EP) '04
1:27.572 - 410 - Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '99
1:27.613 - 439 - Mazda Mazdaspeed Atenza '05
1:27.762 - 433 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III GSR '95
1:27.790 - 428 - Volkswagen Golf VI R '10
1:27.802 - 429 - Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88
1:27.817 - 433 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution II GSR '94
1:27.842 - 420 - BMW Z4 '03
1:27.847 - 421 - Honda Accord Coupe EX '03
1:27.899 - 422 - Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88
1:27.964 - 427 - Alfa Romeo 147 GTA '02
1:27.991 - 404 - Toyota MR2 G-Limited '97
1:28.115 - 424 - Audi A3 3.2 Quattro '03

Possibly the most interesting is the Golf VI R '10 being no faster than the Mazdaspeed.
It got beat by an integra? Well I guess anything can happen.

What about the Nissan R390 GT-1 Road Car? I bought the car about a week ago, it's seriously underrated by many other online people (In the lobbies I joined) But they shut up after they saw that it was really nimble and didn't need 2387bhp to be a good car... Too bad I rarely see people use it anymore...
index.php

(stole pic from internet because I havent got a pic of my own >_>)

As for the Atenza/Mazda 6
I do own one, I drove it in some of the career races.. It was kinda hard to steer and tended to understeer... But once you got a good setup for it, it was a car to be reckoned with

Last edited:
What about the Nissan R390 GT-1 Road Car? I bought the car about a week ago, it's seriously underrated by many other online people (In the lobbies I joined) But they shut up after they saw that it was really nimble and didn't need 2387bhp to be a good car... Too bad I rarely see people use it anymore...
index.php

(stole pic from internet because I havent got a pic of my own >_>)
This car became semi-premium for GT6 (premium exterior with a standard interior). I don't understand why it's so forgotten though. Owned one in GT5, and from what I could remember, it was a pretty decent car.

Speaking of cars like the R390 Road Car, the Toyota GT-One Road Car too, from GT2 and GT3... I got the car once in GT3 (then forgot to save *despair*) I never got it again, but blimey the time I used the car in GT3, as well as in GT2, it was a very quick car, you can tell it was a race-bred car... Too bad it's not in any other GT-Series games.. Most people remember and use the race car, but I haven't seen many people recall this beauty

1998_Toyota_GT-One_Road_Version.jpg

2013 Ford Focus ST

I haven't been online in GT6 since forever so I'm not sure how popular this car is, but I've forgotten about it and neglected it because of its 5th gear. The other day I finally decided to drive it again at London and I actually enjoyed it. Though I'm not sure if that's because I never reached the 5th gear.

I've seen that online a few times, but it is overshadowed by the '02 RS. Great pics by the way 👍

^That's true.

I just saw that Mitsubishi. Trust me that car was never forgotten in my mind from the day I drove it in GT4. I just wish the GTO looked like that. Also I've seen the other 5 HSRs and I think they all look quite ugly. I only like the HSR-II.

And I just Googled it, the R390's dashboard was red on the top, so not an egg.

^That's true.

I just saw that Mitsubishi. Trust me that car was never forgotten in my mind from the day I drove it in GT4. I just wish the GTO looked like that. Also I've seen the other 5 HSRs and I think they all look quite ugly. I only like the HSR-II.

And I just Googled it, the R390's dashboard was red on the top, so not an egg.
He meant an easter egg because it's a "standard" car, so all interior should be black. However, the R390's dashboard is red >3> No other car that I've driven has had a kind of feature like that

The Mazda Atenza took me by surprise when I found out it was 4WD. Testing it out in GT6 was a joy and will only get better in the future. Anyone who is bored and looking for a car just to mess around with should take this car onto consideration. This weeks car goes back to the old days of Japanese classics. This weeks forgotten car is...........

mitsubishi_galant_gto_mr__70_by_gt6_garage-d6zekiu.png

Armed with DOHC and twin carburetors, this was the ultimate Galant GTO for its era.

Price: $21,800
Displacement: 1,594 cc
Max Power: 123 HP / 6,800 rpm
Max Torque: 104.8 ft-lb / 5,000 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FR / NA
Length: 162.4 in
Width: 62.2 in
Height: 51.6 in
Weight: 980 kg
The Mitsubishi Galant GTO MR '70 (thanks to @SuzukaStar for the suggestion). One of my favorite classic Japanese cars in the GT series. First drove it in GT4 for the classic Japanese cup and it did pretty well for its size.

In the 1970s, Japanese cars were finally starting to be taken seriously around the world. In the midst of this, Mitsubishi added a hot sports coupe to the Galant lineup, named the GTO. The GTO name expressed their global intent by being an abbreviation of Gran Turismo Omologata, originally coined by Ferrari in the 1960s with the 250 GTO. While its overall package was close to the standard Galant, it had a bold fastback design, as well as a masculine front fascia with four headlights. The design seemed to have an American aura, by being affected by designs of the Ford Mustang and the Plymouth Barracuda.

The top of the line GTO was the MR. This symbolic name was later sealed away after this car, as an ultimate symbol of Mitsubishi sports cars, until the appearance of the Lancer Evo VIII 30 years later. The car possessed a 4-cylinder engine to crank out 123 horsepower, sending the driver to never before seen speeds of over 120 mph. But aside from numbers, the GTO MR expressed its true presence when you floored the pedal. Although a 2000GSR appeared later, the MR was far more superior in that edgy, primal instant as it traveled forward. So what do you think? Let me know, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Last edited:
The Mazda Atenza took me by surprise when I found out it was 4WD. Testing it out in GT6 was a joy and will only get better in the future. Anyone who is bored and looking for a car just to mess around with should take this car onto consideration. This weeks car goes back to the old days of Japanese classics. This weeks forgotten car is...........

mitsubishi_galant_gto_mr__70_by_gt6_garage-d6zekiu.png

Armed with DOHC and twin carburetors, this was the ultimate Galant GTO for its era.

Price: $21,800
Displacement: 1,594 cc
Power: 123 HP / 6,800 rpm
Torque: 104.8 ft-lb / 5,000 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FR / NA
Length: 162.4 in
Width: 62.2 in
Height: 51.6 in
Weight: 980 kg
The Mitsubishi Galant GTO MR '70 (thanks to @SuzukaStar for the suggestion). One of my favorite classic Japanese cars in the GT series. First drove it in GT4 for the classic Japanese cup and it did pretty well for its size.

In the 1970s, Japanese cars were finally starting to be taken seriously around the world. In the midst of this, Mitsubishi added a hot sports coupe to the Galant lineup, named the GTO. The GTO name expressed their global intent by being an abbreviation of Gran Turismo Omologata, originally coined by Ferrari in the 1960s with the 250 GTO. While its overall package was close to the standard Galant, it had a bold fastback design, as well as a masculine front fascia with four headlights. The design seemed to have an American aura, by being affected by designs of the Ford Mustang and the Plymouth Barracuda.

The top of the line GTO was the MR. This symbolic name was later sealed away after this car, as an ultimate symbol of Mitsubishi sports cars, until the appearance of the Lancer Evo VIII 30 years later. The car possessed a 4-cylinder engine to crank out 123 horsepower, sending the driver to never before seen speeds of over 120 mph. But aside from numbers, the GTO MR expressed its true presence when you floored the pedal. Although a 2000GSR appeared later, the MR was far more superior in that edgy, primal instant as it traveled forward. So what do you think? Let me know, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!
I've been wanting to drive this thing for a while now...

I'm pretty sure I remember this car being quite fast compared to the other 60's/70's Japanese cars. In contrast to the Isuzu Bellett which was quite slow. (Could be confusing cars, it was a while ago.) The Toyota 2000GT's steering wheel didn't really function. The 280Z was a bullet, and the Skyline GT-B was fast I think, and unusually had a great sound! (In GT4 at least) I remember driving all these in GT4 when they were added to the series.

I purchased the Galant yesterday, putting an adjustable suspension and transmission kit on. With the tune I had on it, the car was simply beautiful to drive-and a whole lot of fun.

I believe that the 2000GT would beat Prince Skylines. I just wasn't used to that car. For me I had to start turning significantly before the turn and slow right down.

That Galant is beautiful. I remember driving it in GT5, but I don't seem to have it in my GT6 garage.

Well, off to the dealerships then.

Time for a new forgotten car. But before that, let me say one last thing about the Galant GTO. Truly a nice car to drive, plus it looks pretty classic too. Something I will be keeping for a while so loom forward to a possible tune sometime in the future. This week I decided to choose a car that didn't start with the letter M, which was the first letter for the past few weeks. This weeks forgotten car is........

alpine_a310_1600ve__73_by_gt6_garage-d6yvjku.jpg

The new generation Alpine that made its shift from a motorsports vehicle to a grand tourer.

Price: $33,000
Displacement: 1,605 cc
Max Power: 123 HP / 6,500 rpm
Max Torque: 109.2 ft-lb / 5,500 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: RR / NA
Length: 164.6 in
Width: 64.6 in
Height: 45.7 in
Weight: 930 kg
The Alpine A310 1600 VE '73. This past week I was searching through the dealerships when I stumbled upon this little beauty. Bought it and tested on Chamonix since I think Alpines make good off-road cars. Actually a fun car to drive even though it has only 123 HP. Did I mention that it has an RR drivetrain?

The Alpine A310 replaced the A110 in 1971 in the French car builder's lineup. Because the A110 was a pure sports car with some success in motorsports, the new A310 didn't appeal to hardcore performance enthusiasts like its predecessor, instead making its mark as a luxury grand tourer. Even though Alpine was no stranger to the 4-passenger segment, the A310 was still the heaviest Alpine to date.

Mounted behind the seats was the 1600 VE based on Renault's 1605-cc water cooled DOHC inline-4, the same power plant found in the A110 1600. It achieved 123 HP and 109.2 ft-lb of torque and a rated top speed of 133 mph. In 1974, the 1600VF engine replaced the 1600VE. By 1976, a total of 2,340 units had been produced. In 1977, the A310 received a 2.7 liter V6 that was developed jointly by Peugeot, Renault, and Volvo. So what do you think? Let me know, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Last edited:
Back