Forgotten Cars Thread Week 61 and beyond: End of the Road

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 718 comments
At Mid-Field, on Comfort Soft tires without an oil change, the Griffith is as fast as a NSX Type R.

1:21.549 - 463 - Honda NSX Type R '92
1:21.550 - 495 - TVR Griffith '94
I would think that the Griffith would be faster since the PP is way higher than the NSX. The Griffith is a bit lighter and has more power than the NSX, so I don't know how it would lose to it.

Found this picture of the GT4 version of the Griffith with the top down. Notice how detailed the dash looks.

images

PP values are for GT6...
One of the real plus points for the TVR was just how much car you got for a bargain price.
TVRs always sound great. A real aural treat when you are on the road and one burbles past.
In England they stood out on the road as mostly it is econo-boxes. And the styling was old fashioned but clean lines.

Real presence about them. And no ABS or Traction control. So you had to watch out in case the TVR decided it wanted to do something the driver could not control.

Last edited:
I had a blown Griffith and a Ruf 3400S in GT3 and I was more successful in the Griffith. Not sure if it was faster or if it just matched my driving style better though.

The Griffith could be considered a true survivor of the series. It's a very fun car that can be a little challenging at times. But I would look into this car if your looking for a different car to race, or if you remember from GT5, doing wheelies! This week is taking it up a few notches. This car is sort of becoming more known in GT6, but there are many other cars that overshadow it. This weeks forgotten car is..............

2006_saleen_s7_twin_turbo-pic-5037.jpeg

saleen_s7-wide.jpg

A limited-edition American-made supercar in two flavors: street-legal road car or race car.

Price: $419,130
Displacement: 7,008 cc
Max Power: 550 HP / 6,400 rpm
Max Torque: 529.6 ft lb / 4,000 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: MR / NA
Length: 188.0 in
Width: 78.3 in
Height: 41.0 in
Weight: 1,250 kg​

The Saleen S7 '02 (thanks to @=drifting24/7= for the suggestion). This car looks seriously cool and I wanted one really bad at the start of GT4, but then I saw the price tag. The GT6 version is fun to drive, with the right tune of course. It can be also tuned to get to near 300 mph, and also a great drag car.

The Saleen S7 is an elegant midship sports car that perfectly fits the description of "supercar". The Le Mans prototype race car was released before the street car, and with that kind of detail and performance, it had an unprecedented position for a street car. The body is construction is a slightly old fashioned, aluminum honeycomb composite center tub with steel tube sub-frames extending towards the front and back. The front and rear suspension were double wishboned using racing style long arms. The coilover dampers and the brakes are pretty much racing spec.

The V8 OHV Engine may seem ordinary, but this is a Saleen original. An all-aluminum, miniaturized engine based on the Ford big block design produces 550 horsepower from its 7-liter displacement. The top speed is over 215 mph, and the performance is exceptional. The specs of the street version were not much different than the Le Mans version, but the interior had unreal luxury. Air conditioning and an audio system were standard, but of the two Connolly Leather seats, the drivers seat was made to fit the drivers standards.

So what do you think. Let me know, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Last edited:
Doesn't this produce a considerable amount of downforce in real life?
Yes, but I think others do too, but people just don't go on about them like they do with the S7. But then again I think it does produce more than any other supercar, even if not by much. (Could be wrong)

I'm surprised this car is forgotten, it was so popular once. I remember a GTP user with the S7 in their name and avatar that posted a lot in the threads I went on.

If I remember correctly, the sound of the Saleen S7 and Panoz Esperante GTR-1 are huge letdowns in GT6 compared to the GT4 sounds. That was a reason enough to let them collect dust in my garage :/

That's sad, as both are actually very cool cars.
Btw. it would have been cool to have the option to put a rearwing on the Saleen so you can recreate the great GT1 car.

If I remember correctly, the sound of the Saleen S7 and Panoz Esperante GTR-1 are huge letdowns in GT6 compared to the GT4 sounds. That was a reason enough to let them collect dust in my garage :/

Btw. it would have been cool to have the option to put a rearwing on the Saleen so you can recreate the great GT1 car.
I think the Esperante sounded better in GT3 than it did in GT4. It's sad that nearly nobody uses it.

Wait...people like the Esperante? I'm interested as to what people like about it.

If you have seen one in reallife you wouldn't ask. It looked so different from all the other GT-1 cars and oh boy, that sound was pure badass. This V8 made my stomach shake. (I was very young when I saw and heared it)

And furthermore it was one of the best cars in my favourite Racing game when I was young. Sport Car GT <3

Hey look, it's my suggestion :D

I....I n....I never knew that a Great Car like this were forgotten! :eek:

Yup. I just suddenly remembered about this car a week ago when I was looking for any other US supercar besides the usual Corvette ZR1, Viper ACR and Ford GT. Lucky me I remembered this. And I remember driving this car a lot back in GT4.

Yeah the sound of the S7 leaves a lot to be desired.

I. KNOW. RIGHT. I really wanted to create a race-ready S7 but without that rear wing, I just can't. And after all this time, Kaz didn't even bother to include the twin turbo version. :irked:

Wait...people like the Esperante? I'm interested as to what people like about it.

I do. I like the Esperante because it's such a unique-looking car. I remember using it a lot in the 650PP Seasonals back in GT5. Great car for those events.

@SuzukaStar how does the S7 compete on Mid-field?

It's a definite 1:15 on Comfort Softs, no oil change, with DS3 controller. I highly doubt 1:14 is possible with this setup. I spent 30 minutes and the best I can do is 1:16.051 but I know with more time I can get high 1:15

The Ford GT '05 ran a 1:15.4 in my testing.

The Saleen S7 has the same 550 hp @ 6,500 rpm as the Ford GT '05 but it has 26 more ft-lbs of torque at the same 4,000 rpm and weighs 251 kg (550 lbs) less. Given Sports tires and a wheel, the Saleen should be much quicker.

In GT5 before one of the audio updates the Saleen S7 had a similar engine/exhaust note as the Ford GT LM Spec II White car, it was super noisy and i loved it, then they went and gave it the engine sound of the Zonda, eww. Stopped using that car promptly. Panoz never sounded like itself in GT at all, that car has a very guttural V8 sound, give you belly shakes. At least PD got Forza sound guy working for them now, hopefully he tells them hey, that sound don't belong anywhere near that car.

If you have seen one in reallife you wouldn't ask. It looked so different from all the other GT-1 cars and oh boy, that sound was pure badass. This V8 made my stomach shake. (I was very young when I saw and heared it)

And furthermore it was one of the best cars in my favourite Racing game when I was young. Sport Car GT <3
Fair enough. I've never gone near it so I never knew if it was any good. I just remember it being slow in GT3, so always thought it was terrible. And it's ugly, but that doesn't make it a bad car.

I remember the S7 from Supercar Festival in GT4. I didn't have the IA licence yet so had to use B-spec. The car I used was a 1000+ BHP Cerbera Speed 12, and the S7 always beat it. That was back when I thought power was everything.

Had some fun and solid run with this car lately, what ticks me off is the fact that i can't put a nice and solid wing to the back for a little resemblance to the GT1 model. Really a nice car,shame i doesn't get all the premium love it deserves.

Latest Posts

Back