Forgotten Cars Thread Week 61 and beyond: End of the Road

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 718 comments
Yes, this Alpine was owned by Misato Katsuragi, a character of the mid '90s anime hit Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Well, to be honest the car didn't last long :lol:
reckless.jpg

The A310 is a true sleeper of its class. Though I would probably choose the A110 over this car, this car would still be in my thoughts. This car was a blast to cruise around Sarthe and is pretty fun on all other tracks. This week I figured we would stay in Europe for another week. This car comes from a company that is somewhat overlooked in GT6. This weeks forgotten car is.........

peugeot_106_rallye__03_by_gt6_garage-d77ds3j.png

With a lightweight body and close gear ratios, the 106 served as an ideal foundation for rally cars.

Price: $12,630
Displacement:
Max Power: 101 HP / 6,200 rpm
Max Torque: 97.6 ft-lb / 3500 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FF / NA
Length: 145.3 in
Width: 63.8 in
Height: 53.9 in
Weight: 890 kg
The Peugeot 106 Rallye '03. Never thought much of this car until I found out that it is one of the few standard cats that can have a carbon hood. Drove it on GT4, fun to drive on Grand Canyon. I did own one on GT6, but I ended up selling it.

Designed with the fun of driving in mind instead of luxury, the Peugeot 106 Rallye gained cult status among the motoring press after its introduction in 1994, some even labeling it as the MINI Cooper of the '90s. From the outside the Rallye is distinguished by its paint and Rallye splash decals. It also gets larger wheels and tires to give it more grip under extreme cornering. Powered by a 1.6 liter engine, the Rallye musters out 101 HP and 97 ft-lb of torque at 3,500 rpm.

It's good enough to get the car from 0-60 mph in just under nine seconds and a top speed of 121 mph. Performance equipment includes disc brakes all around (ventilated at the front) and upgrades to its strut front, suspended-arm rear suspension. Sound deadening has been kept to a minimum to reduce weight. As well as being one of the most fun hot hatches on the road today, the Rallye is homologated for international Group N and Group A competition. As a result, Peugeot also produces a number of competition parts for the car should the owner use it in competition. So what do you think? Tell me, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Last edited:
It's a really funny car to drive in real life with a realy good grip on the front drive train for such a small car. The engine sound is really specific and try to make us think were in a race car... But it's just a 106. Many preparation parts are available everywhere to make it much more fun so you can see some 106 Rally reaching more than 220kph on the highway!
But you have to forget how much you'll spend in fuel for this car is not really an economic car with about 10L/100km for the one I tried without pushing it too much... And with only 110hp!

Nice, I normally hate hatches and FWD, but this sounds alright. But I'll have to look into whether to buy the Rallye or the S16, I don't really know the difference.

This is perhaps one of the most interesting standard cars in the game.

It's one of the only 2 standard cars you are able to put a (unpainted) carboon hood on, it makes me wonder why.
Pure speculation from me:

I believe it is like that because this is the car PDI used for testing the whole carbon hood thing on standard cars and that they gave up on the idea probably due to have to alter a lot of in-game car models for it, so we stayed with only the painted carbon hood option, which actually changes nothing in the looks of a standard car.

The z32 is one of these cars :dopey:
There are 2 Toyotas (Carina and a Celica) that have 4WS in brackets after their name. I expected they would therefore have the feature implemented. But no. Waste of a few thousand credits. Otherwise would be a great car for trolling.

Week #30, been waiting some time for this. But first, the 106 delivered quite some excitement for me, on or off road. With the right tune, this car I believe could be a beast for its size. Anybody looking for a beginner car should take this one into consideration. With that said, let me just say that I cannot thank you guys enough for keeping this thread alive. Honestly, when I made this thread I thought it wouldn't last long at all, but boy was I wrong. Its a big accomplishment to get this far and I just want to say "Thank You". Anyways, this week is going to be the opposite of last week. Heading back to the good old U.S of A, there is a vehicle that a lot of people here on GTPlanet really miss and it's a shame it was only seen in one GT. This weeks forgotten car is.............

1280773_600.jpg

IMG_78231.jpg

This version of the Mustang gave performance enthusiasts more power and torque while still being a daily driver.

Price: $28,490
Displacement: 4,601 cc
Max Power: 304 HP / 5,800 rpm
Max Torque: 300.1 ft-lb / 4,800 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FR / NA
Length: 182.5 in
Width: 71.8 in
Height: 53.2 in
Weight: 1,541 kg
The Ford Mustang SVT Cobra '98. I'm surprised that I have hardly ever driven this car in GT2, but it must be good if a lot of people like it. I wouldn't mind this car coming back to the series, since I could see it being in a lot of drag lobbies.

The Mustang SVT Cobra exists because enough is never enough for some performance enthusiasts. The Special Vehicles Team is Ford's in-house tuning shop, and has worked its magic on a variety of Mustangs and other Cords over the years. The 1998 Cobra didn't quite look like a a regular Mustang GT from the outside, and wasn't quite like the inside either. Under the hood is a 4.6 liter V8. But it is the dual overhead can, 32 valve version of the engine, with 305 HP at 5,800 rpm and 300 ft-lb of torque at 4,800 rpm.

Both horsepower and torque are developed at speeds higher than in the GT, so, while the SVT's 0-60 and 1/4 mile aren't much quicker than the GT, it starts to shine at high speed. The 1998 SVT Cobra has the same MacPherson strut front, solid axle rear suspension as the GT, but changes to springs, shocks, and stabilizer bars, and wider standard tires improve handling. The SVT is still as civilized as the GT, it just plays harder. So what do you guys think? Feel free to comment, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Week #30, been waiting some time for this. But first, the 106 delivered quite some excitement for me, on or off road. With the right tune, this car I believe could be a beast for its size. Anybody looking for a beginner car should take this one into consideration. With that said, let me just say that I cannot thank you guys enough for keeping this thread alive. Honestly, when I made this thread I thought it wouldn't last long at all, but boy was I wrong. Its a big accomplishment to get this far and I just want to say "Thank You". Anyways, this week is going to be the opposite of last week. Heading back to the good old U.S of A, there is a vehicle that a lot of people here on GTPlanet really miss and it's a shame it was only seen in one GT. This weeks forgotten car is.............

1280773_600.jpg

IMG_78231.jpg

This version of the Mustang gave performance enthusiasts more power and torque while still being a daily driver.

Price: $28,490
Displacement: 4,601 cc
Max Power: 304 HP / 5,800 rpm
Max Torque: 300.1 ft-lb / 4,800 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FR / NA
Length: 182.5 in
Width: 71.8 in
Height: 53.2 in
Weight: 1,541 kg
The Ford Mustang SVT Cobra '98. I'm surprised that I have hardly ever driven this car in GT2, but it must be good if a lot of people like it. I wouldn't mind this car coming back to the series, since I could see it being in a lot of drag lobbies.

The Mustang SVT Cobra exists because enough is never enough for some performance enthusiasts. The Special Vehicles Team is Ford's in-house tuning shop, and has worked its magic on a variety of Mustangs and other Cords over the years. The 1998 Cobra didn't quite look like a a regular Mustang GT from the outside, and wasn't quite like the inside either. Under the hood is a 4.6 liter V8. But it is the dual overhead can, 32 valve version of the engine, with 305 HP at 5,800 rpm and 300 ft-lb of torque at 4,800 rpm.

Both horsepower and torque are developed at speeds higher than in the GT, so, while the SVT's 0-60 and 1/4 mile aren't much quicker than the GT, it starts to shine at high speed. The 1998 SVT Cobra has the same MacPherson strut front, solid axle rear suspension as the GT, but changes to springs, shocks, and stabilizer bars, and wider standard tires improve handling. The SVT is still as civilized as the GT, it just plays harder. So what do you guys think? Feel free to comment, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!
98 SVT Cobra. Great car indeed. :D

Having a very tough time choosing the car of the week, so I thought I'd make a poll for you guys to decide.

Voted Griffith. It's cooler. You should do the Griffith series and include the Blackpool B340 from GT1/2 as well as the longer lasting 500. The strange thing is, 500 stands for five litre. The B340 used 4.0 in it's name though instead. Normally car names have either the litre or the cc (5.0 or 5000).

The '98 mustang could possibly be the most memorable car of the GT series. I had no idea it was within GT3's game data. Would've been a nice car to drag race if it were to make it into GT6. This weeks car has somehow managed to survive the entire GT series. Yet many people still look over it. This weeks forgotten car is.........

tvr_griffith_500__94_by_gt6_garage-d71svil.png