Forgotten Cars Thread Week 61 and beyond: End of the Road

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 718 comments
For next week take in consideration the Monster Sport SX4, it's a baller but i've never seen that online.

You only see them in JP lobbies. A few days ago I saw some JP players use the Monster Sport SX4 and the EV-Runner.

I had a blown S 60 in beige on GT5. Raced in supercar festival at the 'ring GP course and was winning on the last lap, but made a mistake on one of the last corners and came 3rd I believe. I was beating 2 Zondas and an Enzo.

The S7 took the supercar world to a new level. From the street spec version to the raving version, the Saleen has remained a highly liked vehicle. I would love to see this car premiumized for GT7 because it would look great with the other premiums of its class. I spoiled the surprise for this weeks car yesterday, but for those of you who didn't see it, this is a vehicle that was first seen in GT2, and has been left to die due to its lack of appreciation. This weeks forgotten car is........

lister_storm_v12_race_car__99_by_gt6_garage-d7czq6o.png

This race car dominated two classes in UK's GT Championships and also proved successful in the FIA GT series.

Price: $1,450,000
Displacement: 6,996 cc
Max Power: 593 HP / 6,100 rpm
Max Torque: 580.0 ft-lb / 3,450 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FR / T
Length: 179.0 in
Width: 77.8 in
Height: 52.0 in
Weight: 1,438 kg
The Lister Storm V12 Race Car '99. I really like the looks of this car. In fact, when I seen in GT3 I knew I had to have it. Since its first appearance in GT2 it has been excluded from popularity because of the way it drives. The first thing I noticed when driving this in GT6 was the under steer that it had. I am currently working on a tune, so I might have a tune by the end of the week.

British carmaker Lister was in sports car racing in the 1950s, using Bristol and Jaguar engines in their cars. Legendary driver Stifling Moss drove a Lister-Jaguar to win in the support race for the 1958 British Formula 1 Grand Prix. Lister retired the following year, but returned to racing in the 1980s and in 1991, the company made the V12 Lister Storm.

The Storm used an old-style aluminum chassis at a time when using carbon composite was the norm, but thanks to the raw power of the engine, the 1,438 kg race car hit speeds of up to 207 mph. After the street version hit the market in 1993, Lister entered the Storm in a variety of GT races including the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona, and the FIA GT Championship. The Storm dominated the British GT Championships, taking seven GT1 class wins and six GT2 class wins. In 2000, the Storm won five of the ten races to take the team title. The company also took the team title at the British GT Championship. So what do you think? Let me know, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Last edited:
I remember Tiff Needell doing an hour long video about how to do all sorts of "showing off" tricks, Hand Brake turns, Scandinavian Flick but at the final 15 minutes he showcases the Lister Jaguar Storm when he was a works driver. The Video was called Burning Rubber. (Actually the whole tape is on the You Tube.)

Nice sound but it's no V16 BRM P15

I love how it looks and sounds, too bad it drives so poorly. I'm hoping your tune can fix that. It doesn't live up to the 1:1 reputation.

For next week I have some suggestions:

1976 Ferrari 512 BB: The one that no one buys
It's an overall good recipe. MR H12 supercar, did battle with the Miura. But unlike the Miura, it's only around 110k. Yet you never see people use them...

Formula Gran Turismo: "Where did you get that?"
This was GT5's aspirational ultra-car, the holy grail of OP sped. Now with the arrival of the X cars, it's disappeared into the quirky depths of the PDI dealership, and no one on an online lobby can recognize it.

1970-something Autobianchi Abarth something idk: "Autowhat?"
Peppy, Italian hot hatch brilliance. But I even forgot what the car is called, that's how insignificant it has become.

I don't like the lister storm, in GT6 at least (I'd drive it anytime in GTR2).

The car has bad weight, brakes, and turning. Just an overall disaster of a racecar in GT. It also needs a mandatory semi-premium update, I can't stand looking at it. If the car wasn't this bad in GT, it would be my car of choice because I know what it can do. I do sound like a brat saying that, but I really can't sugarcoat it. I hope that the tune you're working on helps it, I want to like this car, I really do.

The Storm is actually one of my favourite cars in the world. Are it's specs still poorer than in real life like in GT3-5, because they really killed the car. It was always much slower than it should have been.
I don't like the lister storm, in GT6 at least (I'd drive it anytime in GTR2).

The car has bad weight, brakes, and turning. Just an overall disaster of a racecar in GT. It also needs a mandatory semi-premium update, I can't stand looking at it. If the car wasn't this bad in GT, it would be my car of choice because I know what it can do. I do sound like a brat saying that, but I really can't sugarcoat it. I hope that the tune you're working on helps it, I want to like this car, I really do.
Trust me, the car deserves insults for it's terrible weight that I believe is much lower in real life.

Tuned the car to 600pp and decided to do the Nürburgring 24 minute race. Racing hard tires on the first two laps and accumulating surface water made for a somewhat tricky drive. Pitted on lap 2 and switched to Racing Mediums, finished the race about 35 seconds ahead of second place (who was in a McLaren).

I spoiled the surprise for this weeks car yesterday, but for those of you who didn't see it, this is a vehicle that was first seen only as a race modified version in GT2

:confused::confused::confused: Uhm, I'm pretty sure the Storm V12 in GT2 came out as a road version (I remember driving a grey, heavy, enormous, angular slab of a supercar back in the GT2 days), and that you had to purchase the Racing Modification for it to become the race car that we are familiar with. But in the next GT games, the Storm only came as a racing version, no road version sadly.

EDIT: Ah yes, here we go.

609.jpg

:confused::confused::confused: Uhm, I'm pretty sure the Storm V12 in GT2 came out as a road version (I remember driving a grey, heavy, enormous, angular slab of a supercar back in the GT2 days), and that you had to purchase the Racing Modification for it to become the race car that we are familiar with. But in the next GT games, the Storm only came as a racing version, no road version sadly.

EDIT: Ah yes, here we go.

609.jpg

Fixed 👍

More suggestions:
2004 Gillet Vertigo Race Car

900hp monster that everyone forgot about.

2001 Spyker C8 Laviolette

Sports car that is only good because of its dazzling interior. Unfortunately, it's a standard car.

1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Kompressor

The ladies' hairdressers' gardeners' chauffeurs' maids' car. Pixelated headlights come as standard.

2005 BMW 330i

Dull and pointless when you can have an M3 for 92k.

1998 BMW M Coupe

A butt-ugly hardtop Z3. For some reason they decided to make a hatchback out of a roadster.

1998(must have been a bad car year) Mercedes-Benz A160 Avantgarde

I'll agree with BlameAuntJenima, this is a truly obscure hatchback.

More suggestions:
2004 Gillet Vertigo Race Car

900hp monster that everyone forgot about.

2001 Spyker C8 Laviolette

Sports car that is only good because of its dazzling interior. Unfortunately, it's a standard car.

1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Kompressor

The ladies' hairdressers' gardeners' chauffeurs' maids' car. Pixelated headlights come as standard.

2005 BMW 330i

Dull and pointless when you can have an M3 for 92k.

1998 BMW M Coupe

A butt-ugly hardtop Z3. For some reason they decided to make a hatchback out of a roadster.

1998(must have been a bad car year) Mercedes-Benz A160 Avantgarde

I'll agree with BlameAuntJenima, this is a truly obscure hatchback.
I used to see the Laviolette a lot in the 550pp lobbies. It could beat nearly any vehicle that it rivaled, but I haven't seen one in quite a while......

The S7 took the supercar world to a new level. From the street spec version to the raving version, the Saleen has remained a highly liked vehicle. I would love to see this car premiumized for GT7 because it would look great with the other premiums of its class. I spoiled the surprise for this weeks car yesterday, but for those of you who didn't see it, this is a vehicle that was first seen in GT2, and has been left to die due to its lack of appreciation. This weeks forgotten car is........

The Storm used an old-style aluminum chassis at a time when using carbon composite was the norm, but thanks to the raw power of the engine, the 1,438 kg race car hit speeds of up to 207 mph. After the street version hit the market in 1993, Lister entered the Storm in a variety of GT races including the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona, and the FIA GT Championship. The Storm dominated the British GT Championships, taking seven GT1 class wins and six GT2 class wins. In 2000, the Storm won five of the ten races to take the team title. The company also took the team title at the British GT Championship. So what do you think? Let me know, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

I like the Lister on GT6! The last time i used it was on Silverstone, and i had a blast! The understeer makes the car more predictable, after some tune.

There was one Lister Storm here in Brazil, i had the plesure to work in some races where it was also competing.

2006MIL26_car.JPG

Was it GT4 that first had Sarthe?

I never had enough money to get such race cars in GT4, so my first taste of sustained speed in any GT game was in a 'courtesy' Lister Storm at Sarthe in Arcade mode.

I quite blown away with the feeling of speed and the shakes and bumps. Good fun, haven't used it un GT6 though.

The poor Storm, dominated racing in it's time and class but sadly forgotten in GT thanks to PD getting the specs wrong. The real race car weighed in at 1100kg compared to GT's 1450kg. Lumbering around all that weight kills the performance and leaves it limping around the back of the GT pack.

What makes it worse is that the specs have been wrong for 4 games and over a decade. Of course editing the stat file is clearly a very difficult task that PD has never had time for which is a shame but it's not a GTR so you can't really expect them to care much anyway.

Last edited:
I like the Lister on GT6! The last time i used it was on Silverstone, and i had a blast! The understeer makes the car more predictable, after some tune.

There was one Lister Storm here in Brazil, i had the plesure to work in some races where it was also competing.

2006MIL26_car.JPG
That's a rather, um, questionable livery... lol

The poor Storm, dominated racing in it's time and class but sadly forgotten in GT thanks to PD getting the specs wrong. The real race car weighed in at 1100kg compared to GT's 1450kg. Lumbering around all that weight kills the performance and leaves it limping around the back of the GT pack.

What makes it worse is that the specs have been wrong for 4 games and over a decade. Of course editing the stat file is clearly a very difficult task that PD has never had time for which is a shame but it's not a GTR so you can't really expect them to care much anyway.
I believe the 1450KG was the old British GT spec in the late 90's as it was against marcos mantis' i believe.

I believe the 1450KG was the old British GT spec in the late 90's as it was against marcos mantis' i believe.

When I was looking into this back when GT5 was released the Lister website (listercars.co.uk) had the specs down as 1100kg, the site has since been 'updated' by the new owners but other sites had the same numbers. Same figures found on supercars.net and ultimatecarpage.com

There was an older customer car which was 1270kg but if memory serves that was a lemans special briefly ran by an independent team. either way it had a different front body shape and wasn't the more well recognized green and yellow car.

Latest Posts

Back