Forgotten Cars Thread Week 61 and beyond: End of the Road

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 718 comments
What line of work if you don't mind me asking?

Mechanic, i was young, it was my first job so i think i should call it apprentice of mechanic. I only stayed for 2 years on the team, but on that period we had cars like a F355 challenge, a 360 challenge, and then we changed it for a alfa from WTCC and a Ferrari 550GT.

103_0415-620x468.jpg

The Lister Storm, a true winner of its class. From styling to motorsports, this car takes the cake. In GT6 words though, this car gets nearly no appreciation whatsoever. PD definitely needs to take a look at this car and at least get the PP right. Rant aside, this week's car comes from a well known manufacturer, but as usual it has left to collect dust in the showroom. This week's forgotten car is............

eUCiwEyTP4v0J3klh_0.jpg

DLnNFQPtl1l4w7SdlN_0.jpg

Claiming it as a 2-door Coupe, Volvo produced this fast Sedan that defined the company's future design direction.

Price: $35,580
Displacement: 2,318 cc
Max Power: 246 HP / 5,200 rpm
Max Torque: 243.7 ft-lb / 2,400-5,200 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FF / T
Length: 180.1 in.
Width: 71.5 in.
Height: 56.3 in.
Weight: 1,550 kg
The Volvo S60 T-5 Sport '03 (thanks to @SuzukaStar for the suggestion). Everybody who plays GT knows about the 240 GLT Estate, but I'm shocked to see that almost nobody touches this car. To be honest, I think it is one of the better looking standards (from a distance of course).

While the Volvo V70 wagon was a poster child for 21st-century Scandinavian design, the S60 sports Sedan that debuted in 2000 as a replacement for the V70 4-door shattered the Swedish company's reputation as a manufacturer of boxy-looking cars and wagons. The new S60 sported handsome lines and a shortened hood and pushed the front section of the cabin forward, the latter element without compromising interior comfort. Volvo was so proud of the styling of it's S60 and the way it broke with its traditionally slab-sided and rectangular vehicles that the company touted it as a "4-door coupe".

While the base engine was a 2.4-liter unit available with a max power output of 138 HP or 167 HP, Volvo also introduced a much sportier version of the car, dubbed the T-5 Sport. And while the S60 T-5 Sport possesed an engine that was actually smaller in displacement at 2.3-liters, it had a high-pressure turbo that pumped out an impressive 246 HP and offered its 243.7 ft-lb of torque over a broad section of the rev range. Wide tires, 225/45R-17s, and a responive 5-speed automatic gearbox greatly aided with the sportiness factor. Look really closely at the S60 T-5 and you may notice some resemblance to Volvos raced in the European Touring Car Championship. So what do you think? Let me know, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Last edited:
The S60 was refreshing when it arrived, but like most cars from the 00's it looks dated today. Give it another ten years and perhaps it'll be regarded as a classic design (like a lot of cars from the 90's are right now).

It competed in the STCC, replacing the S40. The biggest rivals during the first years were the BMW 320 and the Audi A4, so back then there was FF vs FR vs 4WD :D

One sentence describes this car: "It's a Volvo."

A bland sedan with an odd styling addition, windscreen wipers on the headlights, technologically advanced, not very fast but extremely safe (partially because of it). As an every day car it's everything you could ever want. But don't bring one to a track unless you've done some work to it.

There are very few common Volvos that doesn't apply to.

My best lap in a stock S60 on Comfort Softs at Mid-Field Raceway:

1:28.999 - 421 - Volvo S60 T-5 Sport '03

11390147_10204565129113865_2916418978213132592_n.jpg

2.3L Turbo
243 hp / 5,500 rpm
244 ft-lb / 3,000 rpm
1,550 kg (3,417 lbs)

126 mph on the front straight.

Cars that are within 5 tenths of a second of the S60:

1:28.523 - 406 - Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC) '90
1:28.529 - 401 - Mitsubishi FTO GPX '97
1:28.580 - 396 - Toyota Altezza RS200 '98
1:28.623 - 407 - Nissan Silvia K's Aero (S14) '93
1:28.636 - 400 - Mitsubishi FTO GPX '94
1:28.669 - 417 - Nissan Stagea 260RS AutechVersion '98
1:28.728 - 415 - Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Coupe Dynamic '13
1:28.754 - 427 - Buick GNX '87
1:28.756 - 414 - Renault Sport Mégane R.S. '08
1:28.801 - 407 - Subaru BRZ S '12
1:28.804 - 402 - Acura RSX Type-S '04
1:28.854 - 422 - Alpine A110 1600S '72
1:28.865 - 403 - Acura Integra Type R '01
1:28.954 - 413 - Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '95
1:28.964 - 398 - Honda Gathers Drider Civic '98
1:28.968 - 428 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR '92
1:28.976 - 417 - Nissan Stagea 25t RS Four S '98
1:28.983 - 404 - Lotus Europa Special '72
1:28.999 - 421 - Volvo S60 T-5 Sport '03
1:29.237 - 405 - Volkswagen Golf V GTI '05
1:29.337 - 415 - Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX (Z31) '83
1:29.363 - 399 - Renault Sport Clio R.S. 2.0 16V '02
1:29.371 - 388 - Lotus Elise '11
1:29.379 - 419 - Acura 3.2 CL Type-S '03
1:29.426 - 399 - Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Kompressor '98

Got me a S60, one of the first cars i bought on GT5 & GT6. I'm Volvo mad and it was a must buy. Wonderful car and very quick both in real life and in game. underrated car for sure.

Last edited:
I read over at the car of the week thread that Lewis_Hamilton had done some pretty amazing things with this weeks car, the Renault Avantime against supercars at Bathurst. Since this Volvo is a lot quicker than the Renault, I thought I'd see what it can do in the same race. Tuned completely to 500+pp on racing hard tires, its quite the rocket. I beat the Huayra, though not by much. I would have been a lot easier if I had gotten the brake balance right, and hadn't crashed twice on lap one. But all in all, this is the most fun I've had in that race, maybe ever.

I like the Volvo S60. I call it my mini Dodge Viper since it sounds like a mini V10 2,500 rpms or less because of the inline 5 engine with stock muffler. I like cruising in this car since it purrs so nicely low revs. It also sounds good when going fast.

The S7 took the supercar world to a new level. From the street spec version to the raving version, the Saleen has remained a highly liked vehicle. I would love to see this car premiumized for GT7 because it would look great with the other premiums of its class. I spoiled the surprise for this weeks car yesterday, but for those of you who didn't see it, this is a vehicle that was first seen in GT2, and has been left to die due to its lack of appreciation. This weeks forgotten car is........

lister_storm_v12_race_car__99_by_gt6_garage-d7czq6o.png

This race car dominated two classes in UK's GT Championships and also proved successful in the FIA GT series.

Price: $1,450,000
Displacement: 6,996 cc
Max Power: 593 HP / 6,100 rpm
Max Torque: 580.0 ft-lb / 3,450 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FR / T
Length: 179.0 in
Width: 77.8 in
Height: 52.0 in
Weight: 1,438 kg
The Lister Storm V12 Race Car '99. I really like the looks of this car. In fact, when I seen in GT3 I knew I had to have it. Since its first appearance in GT2 it has been excluded from popularity because of the way it drives. The first thing I noticed when driving this in GT6 was the under steer that it had. I am currently working on a tune, so I might have a tune by the end of the week.

British carmaker Lister was in sports car racing in the 1950s, using Bristol and Jaguar engines in their cars. Legendary driver Stifling Moss drove a Lister-Jaguar to win in the support race for the 1958 British Formula 1 Grand Prix. Lister retired the following year, but returned to racing in the 1980s and in 1991, the company made the V12 Lister Storm.

The Storm used an old-style aluminum chassis at a time when using carbon composite was the norm, but thanks to the raw power of the engine, the 1,438 kg race car hit speeds of up to 207 mph. After the street version hit the market in 1993, Lister entered the Storm in a variety of GT races including the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona, and the FIA GT Championship. The Storm dominated the British GT Championships, taking seven GT1 class wins and six GT2 class wins. In 2000, the Storm won five of the ten races to take the team title. The company also took the team title at the British GT Championship. So what do you think? Let me know, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Where's the tune (if) posted?

The S60 upped the ante in the Volvo lineup. Really sad that this car is forgotten because a lot of drifters will come and buy the 240 Estate but never see this car. But this car will go down as a favorite among GT fans in years to come and whk knows, maybe it will be upgraded to premium. This weeks car is one that separates itself from its class by a long shot. This week's forgotten car is.......

gillet_vertigo_race_car__04_by_gt6_garage-d7czpuz.png

This Belgian supercar boasted an engine that produced 897 HP.

Price: $1,450,000
Displacement: 3,788 cc
Max Power: 897 HP / 8,950 rpm
Max Torque: 564.1 ft-lb / 6,300 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FR / NA
Length: 156.7 in.
Width: 78.3 in.
Height: 41.1 in.
Weight: 780 kg
The Bullet Vertigo Race Car '04 (thanks to @AverageJoe59 for the suggestion). First thing that comes to mind is that this car posseses an insane near 900 HP. I own one in GT5 and it can go 270 mph with the right tune. In GT6 it kind of let me down because of its enormous amount of wheelspin. I'll see what I can do with it, and I may come up with a possible tune.

Former race car driver Tony Gillet of Belgium established Gillet Automobiles in order to realize his dream of creating the best road-going sports car in the world. His very first model, the Vertigo, was shown to the public in 1992. This car was powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-4 (the same powerplant used in the Sierra Cosworth) and featured a radical body shape. In 1998, the car underwent a drastic change, powered by the Alfa Romeo GTV/166's 3.0-liter 24-valve V6 that produced 216 HP.

The race version of the Vertigo had this engine tuned to an impressive 394 hp, making it one of the favorites in the Belgian Touring Car Championship, which it raced that year. The Vertigo was among the fastest cars on the track, but considering that these races fielded 50 entrants, the Vertigo did not see a great deal of success. The car also participated in the Belgian round of the FIA Sports Car Championship that same year, where it finished 10th overall. It also won the GTG Class against the Lamborghini Diablo, Porsche 911 GT3 and the Lotus Elise. In 2002, the Vertigo race car's engine was replaced with a 3.8-liter V6 blasting a monstrous 897 HP at 8,950 rpm and 564.1 ft-lb of torque at 6,300 rpm, making it one of the most powerful machines to come out of this small country.

So what do you think? Let me know, and as always, keep the suggestions coming!!!

Last edited:
Quick Review:
The Vertigo, yes, it's forgotten, but it's not that great of a car if you think about it. All the power goes into the rear wheels (like the Cerbera Speed 12), and it has massive wheelspin and oversteer. It is so powerful, lightweight, and short that if you tune it, you will lose PP. These attributes make it not viable for races (e.x. 24 Minutes of Le Mans), and, in my opinion, is only good for drifting. But, then again, there are a lot cheaper drift cars out there than the Vertigo.

AYB Rating: 1.5/5

And now for some suggestions:
Toyota Au Cerumo Supra '01 a.k.a. Au what???
Yes, I know the Denso Sard was already mentioned, but I just had to throw this in there because no one has ever used it in the games it has been in (at least some people used the Denso), and it is a monster in the right hands. And who doesn't love that silver/orange color scheme?

Nissan R89C '89 a.k.a. the R92's older bro
I wanted to nominate the R89C because it has been overshadowed by the R92CP in the games it has been in. The R92 aces the R89 in pretty much every way possible, but the R89 is still a great car. It is a very balanced car, as it has an insane amount of power with great cornering abilities and no bias toward the rear or front tires. Not to mention it is cheaper than the R92. Definitely worth your buy IMO.

Nissan Skyline 300GT Sedan '01 a.k.a. Grandpamobile
The Skyline 300GT Sedan is ignored because it looks like your average car made for elderly people. However, what people don't know is that it's a pretty decent car. Sure, it may not be the best, but it can get the job done. It has decent cornering speeds, and it has a pretty good top speed as well. And I use it as my daily drifter.

Yeah the Cerumo's not a bad looking car. In fact a lot of the Supras are.

As for the Vertigo, I won it on GT3 and it was my first serious car. Unfortunately soon after I won the 'vette C5R so never really got to drive the Vertigo much. I love how the Vertigo is a tiny car with a huge engine, but wish it was mid-engined. 4WD would be great too.

Its funny because the Vertigo's stats in this game are so overly inflated and incorrect that it's actually impossible to get it back down to its IRL spec. Kinds drives similar to a GT3 car once you get it somewhat close enough.

Its funny because the Vertigo's stats in this game are so overly inflated and incorrect that it's actually impossible to get it back down to its IRL spec. Kinds drives similar to a GT3 car once you get it somewhat close enough.

Exactly! I tried to recreate the reallife of the 1996 car and couldn't get them because Gran Turismo exaggerated when it came to the specs. Does anybody knows why they have choosen to make the Vertigo so fictional?

@CowboyAce57 if you recreate the RL specs of the car, the car actually drives pretty good and is very competitive vs. the McLaren shorttail.

Vertigo was a car i used alot in older GT games but hasn't really grabbed my attention in GT5 or GT6. think i might need to buy one and to give it a go.

Does anybody knows why they have choosen to make the Vertigo so fictional?
I really don't know. There are a few others with incorrect or "fictional" stats, such as the Lister Storm.

@CowboyAce57 if you recreate the RL specs of the car, the car actually drives pretty good and is very competitive vs. the McLaren shorttail.

I'll give that a try tomorrow ;)

The Vertigo may be overdone on stats, but the way it drives can be dealt with (with the right driver of course). Tuned down to the right class would probably make it a pretty competitive car with $1.45 million from your bank. This weeks car is one that basically just got thrown in the series for no apparent reason. This week's forgotten car is.....

mazda_protege__02_by_gt6_garage-d7g1sh3.png

Barely known in it's native Japan, this model proved to be very popular in North America.

Price: $18,980
Displacement: 1,991 cc
Max Power: 162 HP / 7,000 rpm
Max Torque: 130.9 ft-lb / 5,000 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FF / NA
Length: 172.4 in.
Width: 66.7 in.
Height: 55.5 in.
Weight: 1,170 kg
The Mazda Protege / Familia Sedan Sport 20 '02 (Thanks to @SuzukaStar for the suggestion). Look through the Mazda dealership and you will see this vehicle randomly thrown into the 30 miatas that are in the game. Never Drove it since GT4 so it should be an interesting, yet fun car to drive. Full description to follow.

Last edited:
Back