Forgotten Cars Thread Week 61 and beyond: End of the Road

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 718 comments
We used this one in week 70 of beater or sleeper, but I can't remember the verdict. It's not bad until you get towards 500pp, then it starts to become a handfull. I used it just now on the new beginner seasonal and it performs exceptionally well at that power level. I might give it a try at the intermediate seasonal, but I think it's going to have traction problems at matterhorn.

I have found this car to be very good and useful in the latest 400pp seasonal. Gets first no problem and wins by quite a margin. I may post a tune for it soon.

The Berlinette. Pretty much the Lotus Elise of France, and it is a pretty quick one. It does become a bit of a handful as you start getting towards 500pp, but at 400 it's a true beast. This week I decided to choose a car that, well, most of you know pretty well, but is obviously overshadowed by others in its manufacturer. This week's forgotten car is.....

subaru-legacy-b4-biltzen-04.jpg

subaru-legacy-blitzen-08.jpg

This flat-6 powered Subaru was more docile than the 4-cylinder turbocharged models.

Price: $30,000
Displacement: 1,994 cc
Max Power: 276 HP / 6,500 rpm
Max Torque: 253.1 ft-lb / 5,000 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: 4WD / T
Length: 182.3 in.
Width: 66.7 in.
Height: 55.5 in.
Weight: 1,450 kg
The Subaru Legacy B4 Blitzen '00! Most of you who have played GT3 probably remember this car being last in nearly any race it was in. I one had this as a drift car in GT6, so I'll buy it again and see how it does on the track.

Subaru launched the third generation Japanese and world-market Legacy in June 1998, while the North American model was introduced in 2000. In all markets except for the United States, production lasted through 2002, with a limited production Blitzen model sold mid-cycle under the 2003 model year in Japan. Production in the United States lasted through 2004.

The Blitzen model was the result of a collaboration with design house Porsche Design, and featured many unique parts and paint schemes. The wheels, body kit, and interior were all designed by this German group. It also featured an implementation of Aisin Seiki's new sequential automatic gearbox, the first use of sequential-shifting on a production Subaru model.

A wagon version was made available in 2001 with the EZ30 engine. The model was refreshed in 2002 with an updated design. The model was refreshed again in 2003 with the interior designed by Andreas Zapatinas.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Legacy_(third_generation)

Last edited:
Visual sensation is the juiciest fruit (product) of the Blitzen '00, that is for sure. However, I have to say how in handling department it lacks two elements that can be found in either base B4 RSK (more mechanical grip) or Touring Wagon GT-B model (rigid feeling of the chassis). This was tested in GT3, but I'm sure the result would be the same in latest GT games.

As a Subaru, the Blitzen is a very attractive car, but it is far from being the best. Unfortunately.

EDIT: Rephrased reasons that differ the Blitzen from the other two Legacy models.

Last edited:
Visual sensation is the juiciest fruit (product) of the Blitzen '00, that is for sure. However, I have to say how in handling department it lacks two elements that can be found in either base B4 RSK (mechanical output) or Touring Wagon GT-B model (rigid feeling). This was tested in GT3, but I'm sure the result would be the same in latest GT games.

As a Subaru, the Blitzen is a very attractive car, but it is far from being the best. Unfortunately.
That's where turbos come in. At least you can make it fast on the straights...

The Blitzen has a ton of understeer in GT6. As @Matej said, it's definitely far from being the best. An expert Tuner could probably make some sort of tune from this, but it would take some serious skill. This week's car is one that you all should know, but maybe not even have enough money to buy it. This week's forgotten car is.....

Chaparral-2D-Chevrolet.jpg

Chaparral-2D-Chevrolet_3.jpg

One of the American classic racecars, this machine contested in the World Endurance Championship against the likes of Ferrari and Porsche.

Price: $3,750,000
Displacement: 5,364 cc
Max Power: 420 HP / 6,800 rpm
Max Torque: 379.7 ft-lb / 5,200 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: MR / NA
Length: 158.0 in.
Width: 68.0 in.
Height: 39.5 in.
Weight: 924 kg​

The Chaparral 2D '67! A classic that's been in the series since GT4. Makes me wonder why people overlook this car and buy its younger brother, the 2J, instead. Let's hear what you guys think!

Chaparral Cars was a pioneering American automobile racing team and race car developer which engineered, built and raced cars from 1963 through 1970. Named after a fast-running ground cuckoo that is commonly known as a chaparral or a roadrunner, it was founded in 1962 by American Formula Oneracer Hap Sharp and fellow American Jim Hall, a Texas oil magnate.

The 2D was the first closed cockpit variant of the 2 series, designed for endurance racing in 1966. It won at 1000 km Nürburgring in 1966 with Phil Hill and Joakim Bonnier driving. It also competed in the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans, withdrawing after 111 laps. The Chaparral 2D was equipped with a 327 cubic inch displacement (5.3 liter) Aluminum Alloy Chevrolet engine producing 420 horsepower, and the car weighed only 924 kg.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaparral_Cars#

I find it odd that Chaparral made the I, then the II, then went 2A, 2B, 2C, etc., even when they weren't related to the previous model (mainly thinking of the 2K).

The 2D is a real classic, especially as a race car. It is a little disappointing that the car isn't premium, but it looks like that it may have been touched on by PD. Anyways, if you want to brag or simply have a good car to drive and have in your garage, take a look into this one. This week's car is one that we all know, but costs way more than its brothers. This week's forgotten car is.....

Audi_lemans-studie_cropped.jpg

audi_leMans_chicago_04_dv_021.jpg

This supercar prototype featured technology adopted from the Le Mans winning R8.

Price: $1,250,000
Displacement: 5,000 cc
Max Power: 601 HP / 6,800 rpm
Max Torque: 553.3 ft-lb / 1,750-5,800 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: 4WD / T
Length: 172.0 in.
Width: 74.8 in.
Height: 49.2 in.
Weight: 1,530 kg
The 2003 Audi Le Mans Quattro! The concept or predecessor to the ill faded R8, this car costs a lot of money in GT6. I used to see this car often in GT5's online, but have never seen it in GT6. If we had livery editor in GT6, I would make mine like Darius's from NFS Carbon.

The Audi Le Mans quattro was a sports carstyled concept car, developed by Audi, for presentation at the 2003 Frankfurt Motor Show, as a result of Audi's three successive wins at the arduous 24 Hours of Le Mansendurance motor race in 2000, 2001, and 2002. It was the third and final concept car designed by Audi in 2003, following the Pikes Peak quattro and Nuvolari quattro.
Audi subsequently decided to produce the Audi Le Mans quattro as a production road car, calling it the Audi R8, naming it after their very successful Audi R8 LMP race car, which won the 24 Hours of Le Mans five times.

The Audi Le Mans Quattro has a number of high-tech features, including the headlights which are composed entirely of light-emitting diodes (LEDs). The structural framework of the body, the Audi Space Frame (ASF) used in the LamborghiniGallardo, is made entirely of aluminium, while the outer skin is made out of carbon fibre and aluminium. The car also features an automatic rear spoiler which raises at 70 mph (110 km/h).

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_Le_Mans_quattro

Last edited:
The 2D is a real classic, especially as a race car. It is a little disappointing that the car isn't premium, but it looks like that it may have been touched on by PD. Anyways, if you want to brag or simply have a good car to drive and have in your garage, take a look into this one. This week's car is one that we all know, but costs way more than its brothers. This week's forgotten car is.....

Audi_lemans-studie_cropped.jpg

audi_leMans_chicago_04_dv_021.jpg

The 2003 Audi Le Mans Quattro! The concept or predecessor to the ill faded R8, this car costs a lot of money in GT6. I used to see this car often in GT5's online, but have never seen it in GT6. If we had livery editor in GT6, I would make mine like Darius's from NFS Carbon.

The Audi Le Mans quattro was a sports carstyled concept car, developed by Audi, for presentation at the 2003 Frankfurt Motor Show, as a result of Audi's three successive wins at the arduous 24 Hours of Le Mansendurance motor race in 2000, 2001, and 2002. It was the third and final concept car designed by Audi in 2003, following the Pikes Peak quattro and Nuvolari quattro.
Audi subsequently decided to produce the Audi Le Mans quattro as a production road car, calling it the Audi R8, naming it after their very successful Audi R8 LMP race car, which won the 24 Hours of Le Mans five times.

The Audi Le Mans Quattro has a number of high-tech features, including the headlights which are composed entirely of light-emitting diodes (LEDs). The structural framework of the body, the Audi Space Frame (ASF) used in the LamborghiniGallardo, is made entirely of aluminium, while the outer skin is made out of carbon fibre and aluminium. The car also features an automatic rear spoiler which raises at 70 mph (110 km/h).

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_Le_Mans_quattro
I've seen a handful of people use it to drag race.

I had one on GT5 that I built for online, but never had a chance to use it before it was shut down. It was painted the DLC chrome colour that was about the same as the stock colour, with white wheels to match the scoop.

This car is also featured in Need for Madness, despite people thinking it is the R8.

I am trying to work on a tune on this car. So far it's working out, but really I would recommend the other R8s in the game mainly because they are way cheaper. Hopefully I can make a final fine soon so I can post it. So this week I dug way back to the start of this thread to find a left out car. I found a car that is a true pocket rocket and really needs more attention. This week's forgotten car is.....

17.jpg

06.jpg

The third-gen Demio is smaller, lighter, and arguably, more attractive than previous generations.

Price: $16,200
Displacement: 1,498 cc
Max Power: 111 HP / 6,000 rpm
Max Torque: 102.7 ft-lb / 4,000 rpm
Drivetrain / Aspiration: FF / NA
Length: 153.3 in.
Width: 66.7 in.
Height: 58.1 in.
Weight: 1,020 kg
The Mazda Demio Sport '10 (Thanks to @NixxxoN for the original suggestion) ! I have one of these with a tune on it and it is very quick. I've heard that this car has a theoretical top speed of ~270 mph. I never seen one online before, but I have surprised a lot of people bybusing this online.

The Mazda Demio is a supermini manufactured and marketed globally byMazda since 1996, currently in its fourth generation. The Demio is marketed prominently as the Mazda2 and under previous nameplates including Mazda 121, Mazda Metro and Ford Festiva Mini Wagon. The fourth generation sedan is currently marketed in the United States as the Scion iAand in Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico as the Toyota Yaris.

The third generation Demio is built on the new DE platform, which Ford also used for the 2008 Ford Fiesta. It deploys light weight material and reduces the overall dimensions of the car. The vehicles were built in Ujina Plant No.1 (U1) in Hiroshima, with additional Mazda 2 began at the Ujina Plant No.2 (U2) in June 2007. Additional vehicles were built inHofu, Japan. Chinese models were built in Changan Ford Mazda Automobile's Nanjing plant at the end of October 2007.

Asia-Pacific region models were produced by Auto Alliance Thailand Co., Ltd. beginning in 2009. Mazda 2 local assembly in Vietnam began on 21 October 2011 at Nui Thanh, Quang Nam plant owned by Vina Mazda Automobile Manufacturing Co., Ltd. Mazda 2 local assembly in Vietnam began on 21 October 2011 at the Nui Thanh, Quang Nam plant owned by Vina Mazda Automobile Manufacturing Co., Ltd. A month after sales of Japanese models began 15,000 units were sold, with the top 3 selling models featuring Sunlight Silver Metallic, Metropolitan Grey Mica and Icy Blue Metallic body colors, and Spirited Green Metallic body among the top 5.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Demio

Last edited:
The Demio to most people is one of those placeholder cars in GT6. I think it's anything but that. It's really worth the try and I would recommend it to nearly any driving level. You will like it, I promise. This week I chose a car that could be a total sleeper, if it is that. This week's forgotten car is.....

Pontiac-Vibe-GT.jpg

01w.jpg

The Pontiac Vibe GT '03 and the Toyota Voltz S '02! Never seen these two online before, and have never heard anyone say anything about them. I drove the Vibe once in GT4 but that's about it for my experience with these two.

The Pontiac Vibe is a compact hatchback automobile that was sold by Pontiac from 2002 to 2010. It was jointly developed by General Motors along with Toyota, who manufactures the mechanically similar Toyota Matrix. Manufactured by the Toyota-GM joint venture NUMMI in Fremont, California, the Vibe succeeded the Geo Prizm in production at NUMMI and like the Prizm, it was derived from the Toyota Corolla.

From 2002 to 2004, a rebadged right-hand drive variant of the Vibe was exported as the Toyota Voltz to the Japanese domestic market. The Voltz was not popular in Japan and discontinued after two model years.

Production of the Vibe ended in 2010 with the discontinuation of the Pontiac brand and the closing of NUMMI under the General Motors Chapter 11 reorganization. Its twin, the Toyota Matrix, is still in production only for the Canadian market, manufactured by Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada in Cambridge, Ontario, after NUMMI closed down.

Source: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...iaATAX&usg=AFQjCNE7b9EreWW9j6P_MjdlGmqjTmzBCw

The Vibe GT shares its engine with the Celica GT-S and Corolla XRS. Specs of the Vibe GT are:

1.8L
180 hp / 7,500 rpm
130 ft-lb / 7,000 rpm
1,273 kg (2,806 lbs)
375 pp

I believe the Voltz is identical to a base-level Vibe. Specs of the Voltz are:

1.8L
131 hp / 6,000 rpm
125 ft-lb / 4,000 rpm
1,250 kg (2,756 lbs)
341 pp

The Voltz weighs 50 lbs less than the Vibe GT, but its engine produces nearly 50 hp less as well. In terms of power-to-weight, the Vibe GT carries 4.4 lbs (2 kg) less per horsepower than the Voltz. At Mid-Field Raceway, with both cars sporting Comfort Soft rubber, the length of time between the Vibe GT and the Voltz at the finish line amounted to 6.213 seconds. According to Motor Trend magazine, this is exactly how long it takes for a Scion FR-S to go from 0-60 mph. Source: http://www.motortrend.com/news/2013-mazda-mx-5-miata-club-scion-fr-s-comparison/

At the end of the first straightaway, the Vibe GT reads 112 mph versus 103 mph in the Voltz. Minimum corner speed through the first corner was 69 mph in the Vibe GT, and 67 mph in the Voltz. Both cars are fun, but the Vibe GT is a hot hatch of sorts, along with the Toyota Matrix XRS. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Toyota Corolla Runx Z Aerotourer '02 is the Japanese equivalent of that Matrix. And in GT6, it's slightly more powerful and lighter, thus faster. Specs of the Runx are:

1.8L
186 hp / 7,500 rpm
133 ft-lb / 7,000 rpm
1,160 kg (2,557 lbs)
387 pp

It's 250 lbs lighter than the Vibe GT, plus has 6 more horses and 3 more ft-lbs of torque. Thus, it's 0.975 seconds quicker than the Vibe GT.

Top speed reached at Mid-Field for the Matrix, I mean Runx, is 118 mph, which is 6 mph faster than the Vibe GT, and 15 mph faster than the Voltz.

I have some sad news to share with you. After some very careful thought, I have come to the conclusion that I will stop maintaining this thread after this week. To me, this thread just doesn't have as much contribution to the GT6 forums as it used to, and now it seems as though it's in the way of the other great threads out there. I'm not blaming you guys one bit, so don't think that you weren't a part of this thread. This was one of my very first threads I started on this site (second thread to be exact), and I was hooked on it the second I made it. I would like to simply thank everybody who has made this thread as great as it is. Even if you didn't post or like anything, I very greatly appreciate your time that you took out of your day to take a look at this thread. This isn't the end though, for if I ever get a PS4, I might just make a thread similar to this for GT Sport/GT7, or whatever it is. So, in short,

Thank You :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I have some sad news to share with you. After some very careful thought, I have come to the conclusion that I will stop maintaining this thread after this week. To me, this thread just doesn't have as much contribution to the GT6 forums as it used to, and now it seems as though it's in the way of the other great threads out there. I'm not blaming you guys one bit, so don't blame yourselves. This was one of my very first threads I started on this site (second thread to be exact), and I was hooked on it the second I made it. I would like to simply thank everybody who has made this thread as great as it is. Even if you didn't post or like anything, I very greatly appreciate your time that you took out of your day to take a look at this thread. This isn't the end though, for if I ever get a PS4, I might just make a thread similar to this for GT Sport/GT7, or whatever it is. So, in short,

Thank You :gtpflag:

Can you give it to another user??

Can you give it to another user??
You'd have to ask a staff member about that. It's been done over in the GTP Cool Wall thread.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I'll just let this thread sit like it is instead of passing it on to someone else.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back