Formula 1 2022-23 Off Season and TESTING ThreadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 331 comments
This Reddit post posits that Motorsport.com misinterpreted what Ross said, and instead he’s talking about reducing the downforce of the car ahead, and giving a little more to the car behind, to reduce/compensate for the effect of dirty air.

Last edited:
Imagine being so stupid as the head of a rulemaking body for an internationally popular flagship championship that you openly float the idea of deliberately adjusting the outcomes of individual events therein like it is Mario Kart Wii. At least when NASCAR throws caution flags for no reason they can pretend that it's not scripting preferred race results.
Have to figure out how to get starman into F1.

So he's apparently distanced himself from the Ferrari role. I saw no smoke without fire and regardless of his Red Bull success the lure and temptation of turning Ferrari into a force again must be strong.

Formula 1 97 has a brilliant soundtrack.
Agreed. I'd love to know what the actual names of the songs were because I'm pretty sure my favorite one was not really named after a Monegasque bar.

So he's apparently distanced himself from the Ferrari role. I saw no smoke without fire and regardless of his Red Bull success the lure and temptation of turning Ferrari into a force again must be strong.

RBR is solidly on top right now and obviously they condone his abrasive behavior (which I don't think is going to fly too well over in the red camp), but as the saying goes, "it's never a bad time to drive for get paid by Ferrari". It wouldn't exactly be world-shattering news if he did decide to bounce for that reason.

Last edited:
Imagine absolving yourself of all blame for the decisions made under YOUR WATCH!!!!
Standard procedure for any politician, really. And you don't get anywhere in Formula 1 without knowing something about backroom politics.

Last edited:
Jost Capito retires, the technical director FX Demaison is also leaving the team.

Honda registers as an "interested manufacturer" for 2026.

also

The main reason for the exit in 2021 was to be able to concentrate on the development and construction of electric cars. With the increased share of electric power from 2026, a re-entry with technology transfer can be well justified. The entry costs one million euros per year. For a possible comeback, however, Honda will have to look for a new partner from 2026. They will no longer ally themselves with Red Bull. There you would only be a junior partner. RB Powertrains builds the combustion engine itself. The electrical part is not enough for Honda. Now Honda is looking for a team. You can choose between Alpha Tauri, Williams, McLaren or Aston Martin.

Red Bull itself could seek a cooperation with the American manufacturer Ford. According to rumors, however, the new engine division is likely to build the entire powertrain on its own. Ford could join as a financier – and operate its own marketing machine with a badge for the Power Unit.

I personally can't see the Aston Martin name sticking around for that long, their new factory will look very attractive to big manufacturers if Stroll decides to sell.

Last edited:
Jost Capito retires

I mean, we also call a reason a driver or car doesn't finish "retirement".

(Don't you like trying to explain that one to a racing newbie?)

Last edited:

Team principal silly season is in full swing. All the pieces starting to move.

Edit: that was quick.

Edit 2: Seidl reportedly set to leave Mclaren to join the Audi F1 program/Sauber.

Who knew team principal silly season was a thing.

Last edited:
So Williams and potentially Mclaren now both looking for principals. I wonder if Capito leaving Williams is now an indicator that he will wind up at Mclaren?

Geez, here I thought silly season was a driver only thing! Its funny that this is all happening over the winter break! Wonder if we'll see Binotto pop up somewhere else?

Back