Formula 1 Aramco British Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 150 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The month of July is packed with 4 of the best circuits Formula 1 races on, and the second of the four is the location of the first ever (official World Championship) Formula 1 race. The layout is massively different, but the high-speed nature of the track has not, even if it has changed from long straights and no slow parts to a blast of high-speed corners and sections which are legendary the world over. The Oceanic climate of the region means that changeable weather is always a threat, which at this point looks like the only thing that could stop Max Verstappen. It is always up there as one of the most spectated-at races every season, so gear up for what will hopefully be another epic BRITISH GRAND PRIX!
1688463851032.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
5.891km

Race Distance
306.198 km

Lap Record
1:27.097 Max Verstappen (2020)​

I don't know about the weather being a threat to Max considering the wet track in Austria for the sprint didn't change the outcome one bit. People are calling him "Maximum Verstappen" now after his complete domination in Austria. Frankly other than a massive mistake from him or a string of reliability issues, which by the way are both very unlikely seeing how he hasn't really made a wrong move in a long time and that Red Bull car has been bulletproof since last year, I can't honestly see anyone or anything else stopping Max and Red Bull.

Williams might be better off using the paint money on actually developing the car.
Which corner are the stewards looking at this week?

Williams might be better off using the paint money on actually developing the car.
Track Limits is usually Copse and Stowe. Potentially Luffield and Club, but the gravel is close there now so I doubt it.

Considering the stewards ignored every single track limit violation last year as well as multiple drivers pushing others to off track runoff I figured this week was their holiday weekend every year.

For all the talk about "significant upgrade package" going on the Mercs, they don't look good at all. McLaren, Williams and Alpine all look to be better than the Merc so far in the practice sessions.

FP3 seems to look a bit better for the Mercs. However Ferrari seems to be much much further ahead and looks like they could really challenge Red Bull for pole.

Qualy will probably start wet and then dry off so this could be really interesting

I just read that it's country dependent. First time for me to see anything other than F1 live.
Interresting. Had everything since day 1 here. (But you can't subscribe anymore as new customer due to exclusive rights for TV and web for Sky Germany since ~2021)

Last edited:
Looks about a 50/50 split between softs and inters

Edit: Inters were overly pessimistic, tricky conditions though

Last edited:
Williams will be gutted after such good practice running. Red flag completely killing their hopes of a good qualifying.

KMags car is dead, session Red-Flagged.

Sucks for both of the Williams after some promising Practice times. :(

Well that's...different...

Good: Both Williams into Q2!!! :D

Bad: Perez Knocked out in Q1 again. :indiff:

Last edited:
And that concludes Perez' career at Red Bull

I genuinely can't see him in that seat after the summer break

Last edited:
I’d forgotten about this being on C4. I can’t watch the race tomorrow, WEC at Monza takes priority, but I can watch qualifying.

Well, that was an incredibly rapid change in emotions from me just now.

Mclaren start 2nd and 3rd tomorrow!

Back