Formula 1 Aramco Magyar Nagydíj 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 376 comments
Some incredible laps from Lewis.

Also I think I have finally worked out why you guys call Racing Point 'Tracing Point'! :lol:

I am utterly concerned about the future of this sport if the Mercedes domination keeps going for 3-4 more years...

Suprised a Newey car is so unstable, I think Albon is doomed and Mr Vettel will be sniffing about no doubt... I think we are seeing DAS is cheat mode the speed Lewis carried through turn 4 was unreal, no wonder its banned for next year...

Hamilton's lap was over a second faster than Verstappen's last year, and NINE SECONDS faster than Rosberg's in 2014. And just for fun, thirteen seconds faster than HRT in 2010.

But yeah, this dominance is getting way out of hand. Red Bull did this for four years, Ferrari for five, we're now in the seventh year of Mercedes dominance with an eighth probably on the way.

Hamilton's lap was over a second faster than Verstappen's last year, and NINE SECONDS faster than Rosberg's in 2014.

But yeah, this dominance is getting way out of hand. Red Bull did this for four years, Ferrari for five, we're now in the seventh year of Mercedes dominance with an eight probably on the way.
Top performance of Mercedes as a team. Top engineering, excellent drivers. But for the race itself it's a bit boring...Not that they care ;) (I wouldn't if I was Toto)

Top performance of Mercedes as a team. Top engineering, excellent drivers. But for the race itself it's a bit boring...Not that they care ;) (I wouldn't if I was Toto)
But how much can they really say they earned it if they didn't have to battle the other teams, only themselves?

Wow, this track really shows the insane cornering speeds these cars are carrying. Into the 1:13s, absolutely nuts.

Sucks for Albon, he's gonna catch a bunch of stick again, being compared against Max and wrestling that car which looked totally unsuited to the track today. Hope he can go forwards in the race.

Vettel looked pretty sharp today, hope he can get a little mojo back and give us a decent race, he really needs some of this disappointment lifted.

It utterly blows my mind that copying another car to that degree wasn't against the rules. I hope to god Renault wins this protest.

Didn't he qualify in 4th?

LINK

Yes, but both Red Bulls had grid penalties, so he started second and it's counted as such. Another example is that Pastor Maldonado is condsidered to have had 1 pole position in his F1 career, despite Hamilton being faster on the day and then being excluded.

But yeah, this dominance is getting way out of hand. Red Bull did this for four years, Ferrari for five, we're now in the seventh year of Mercedes dominance with an eight probably on the way.

Its on Red Bull & especially Ferrari though... Im curious who is siphoning off Ferrari's money because its not going to the car in developments somethings dodgy over there...

Roo
Yes, but both Red Bulls had grid penalties, so he started second and it's counted as such. Another example is that Pastor Maldonado is condsidered to have had 1 pole position in his F1 career, despite Hamilton being faster on the day and then being excluded.

1st post quali press interview then. :D

Red Bull and Ferrari have fallen back and aren't keeping up. They're the teams to be annoyed with, not Mercedes. Verstappen is 3 tenths slower than his pole time last year, while Mercedes have found over a second. Where does the gap come from then?

I'm glad this Racing Point is quick. It gives us a new team fighting at the front and someone to fill the gap Red Bull and Ferrari have allowed to open. Renault's protest failing will be the best thing for the season.

Im seriously concerned for the future of F1 if Mercedes dominates again when the 2022 car arrives, i do not recall the Schumi era being this frustrating at all

That was a great lap from Lewis. The car looked like it was on rails. Bottas got pretty close in the end...but not close enough.

Decent qualifying from Ferrari considering their issues.

Back