Formula 1 BWT Grosser Preis Der Steiermark 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 203 comments
Snoozer of a race after.

Shocked by Max and Leclerc's pace, and Ricciardo's lack of of it.

Shame for Gasly and Russell... I wanted those guys to do well.

I can appreciate that.....but then again, while all the drivers did put on a show, he is the only driver who made up positions while coming from the back of the field. For me, watching his overtakes were the only redeeming factor of this otherwise very boring race.
I agree not much to pick out of that one, even if it rains the front 2 rain masters would still be massively dominant.

Pit crew owes Sergio a few drinks.
Another lap and he would’ve passed Bottas. Those extra 2 seconds during the pit-stop were crucial.

Sad face for Russell and Daniel.

If it gave an extra point, maybe....otherwise, I don't think it matters. That being said, I like what they are trying to do with it.
Any kind of tangible reward leaves it open to being horribly abused; imagine the championship being settled by way of, essentially, a popularity contest? It's just a public poll recognising good performances (most of the time), it doesn't need to be anything more.

Unless it rains, I think we can assume next weekend will be basically the same. If Hamilton somehow wins it, there's every chance of him getting his 100th win at Silverstone.

As opposed to Hamilton doing it for 7 years. I'll ducking take it.
What looks like an easy win with absolutely no competition is not great regardless of the driver getting it. I've been on this thread long enough to see you complain about every single of Lewis' wins in similar fashion but it's perfectly OK if your favorite driver is doing it? 🤨. When you are watching the 2 best drivers in F1 going at it you can't help but hope the back and forth between them will last til the end of the season.

Either way, good job to Max though he done an excellent job today and so far this season.....honestly with this type of performance, I'd be very shocked if he doesn't win that championship this year.

Any kind of tangible reward leaves it open to being horribly abused; imagine the championship being settled by way of, essentially, a popularity contest? It's just a public poll recognising good performances (most of the time), it doesn't need to be anything more.
The point for fastest lap hasn't really worked in the intended way either. They expected it to mean drivers pushing at the end of a race, trading fast laps between them. In reality with the huge gap between the top two teams and the rest it almost always comes down to which one of them does a late, sometimes free, pit stop, and gets it on a plate.

Maybe it'll be better if the 2022 cars are closer and they're not regularly afforded free stops.

I'm not saying that it should award points because I agree that it would get abused. The point I was trying to make is that it doesn't really matter in the end because it's not relevant in any way to the ongoing competition but if perhaps points were involved then maybe people would care about it more.

With regards to the title remember without some luck Max would be even further ahead. HAM was lucky to gain a lap back at Imola after his mistake thanks to RUS and then obviously Baku. Could've been another ~30 ahead.

Hoping Mercedes can find that bit of pace and we see some more racing this season.

Put Max in the Mercedes and he’s still leading the championship imo.
Don't you mean "Put HAM in the other Red Bull" lol....Clearly, Mercedes is no longer the benchmark. From what we've seen so far, that Red Bull car seems to work everywhere with no real weakness at this point in time.

Pretty sure he's already said it at some point but Wolff has again said they're not developing this car.

Probably not good for neutrals like me. One, it means this year is probably going to fizzle out in terms of battling for the title and two, it probably means they'll nail the 2022 regs and return to domination. I hope not, but..

Seems like they're conceding this season after the rule changes didn't work out in their favor.

At least, we'll have the commentators try to hype up each race and tell us the championship is still up for grabs until the end. 😅

Pretty sure he's already said it at some point but Wolff has again said they're not developing this car.

Probably not good for neutrals like me. One, it means this year is probably going to fizzle out in terms of battling for the title and two, it probably means they'll nail the 2022 regs and return to domination. I hope not, but..

In other words, Red Bull dominating this year. Mercedes next year.

I think the year we see multiple manufacturers in contention for victories will be the year we see pigs fly.

"Verstappen's tires are such rubbish that he just set the fastest lap of the grand prix." Love Martin Brundle calling out the silly AWS graphics that pop up.

If it gave an extra point, maybe....otherwise, I don't think it matters. That being said, I like what they are trying to do with it.
Don't give Formula E ideas.

Absolute snoozefest. Also, after AWS backed down on "pointless graphics" last year after a lot of backlash they seem to be back with a passion. Sadly I fully expect a rinse/repeat next weekend, which should more or less kill the driver's championship fight. Short of crashes or mechanical failures I don't see this turning into an interesting season. Shame, we were so close!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back