Formula 1 cars in Gran Turismo 4!!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter MAUS-4-GT4
  • 40 comments
  • 5,940 views
if anybody picks up some new details about the gt4 f1's, let us know so we can figure it out, and anybody hear a whisper about the ariel atom?
 
sennafreak
if anybody picks up some new details about the gt4 f1's, let us know so we can figure it out, and anybody hear a whisper about the ariel atom?

From what I have seen and read so far without playing GT4, Ariel Atom is not in. Be content that at least 1 Caterham made the list.
 
yep but i watched the 'making of gt4' dvd, and saw them testing the atom, it was in the beginning of the 'behind the scenes' section...
hope it's a bonus car, and they didn't just test it for their own kicks.
 
demon of speed
It would have been great if PD aquired licences for real 2005 season F1 cars.

Sony already has the license for the next five years.
 
Besides, these historic machines are better ... because they're just that: historic.
 
any chance they will put those pics on this site? because I dont see them anymore. And I havent seen them :(
 
GRD-4-3L
My wish is to see pre-1968 F1s which have no aerodynamic 'downforce'. You have not seen scary until you have driven 1967 F1s through Spa's Masta at 180mph with no downforce. Any GPL fans around?

Yes - one huge GPL fan here, although I haven't touched it now for a long time.

I was never a fan of the F1 cars in the GT series. They were nice for what they were, more or less a brief diversion from the main body of the game, but I personally wouldn't like to see it expanded upon any more. What I love in GTx is the ability to have more or less accurate versions of many, many road cars, and to drive them comparatively and competitively in many locations. Since F1 cars wipe the floor with pretty much anything, they're little more than a curio. I wouldn't see the point in expanding it more without modelling of tyres, aero etc (a la GPL), and that would really be straying from GT4's main purpose or appeal.
 
sennafreak
licences for the older 'museum' f1's must be easier to get, i'd rather have them putting 60's-70's-80's formula 1's than some fantasy 2004 rip-off.
but they thought the masses would be more satisfied with a mickey-mouse 04' car...

just hope that 94' williams looks identical, they use the right name so they must have the rights. it be spooky though to drive the car that killed the greatest driver of all time.

in GT3, it's the F094/S
 
I can't see the pics anymore :( Damn, I really wanted to see them :(
 
Majarvis
I can't see the pics anymore :( Damn, I really wanted to see them :(
Yep. Pictures went bye-bye. I guess this thread can close now.
 
Back