Formula 1 CE car setups guide and worksheet

• Thread starter SchumiFan
  • 25 comments
Thanks for that. Will give it a try later. Have you got a save with Jerez unlocked that you could share please?

Thank you, I know it will, but I have not had the experience of playing these games. I struggle to make silvers. Only managed that in Monte Carlo. I am looking for a game save with Jerez unlocked so I can practice more.:)

Wow! that is awesome, you rock SchumiFan!
The Excel page looks great, will try the settings out now (I'm still new to the game even though I have had it for 6 months, I only got a 32" HDCP enabled LCD! YAY)

Is it better to practice in time trial with the glare and what not, or do you guys only drive in free practice ?

Wow! that is awesome, you rock SchumiFan!
The Excel page looks great, will try the settings out now (I'm still new to the game even though I have had it for 6 months, I only got a 32" HDCP enabled LCD! YAY)

Is it better to practice in time trial with the glare and what not, or do you guys only drive in free practice ?

I did all my initial laps in Time Trial (I think you have to in order to set Gold times). My fastest times have been set in other modes: usually Career or WC practice or (hopefully :)) qualifying runs. You can see those times on the "extended" Lap Records screen.

As you probably have realized, lap times at or slightly above Gold times will win you Career or WC races on Medium, but you need to be a second or two faster to be sure of winning on Hard.

I did all my initial laps in Time Trial (I think you have to in order to set Gold times). My fastest times have been set in other modes: usually Career or WC practice or (hopefully :)) qualifying runs. You can see those times on the "extended" Lap Records screen.

As you probably have realized, lap times at or slightly above Gold times will win you Career or WC races on Medium, but you need to be a second or two faster to be sure of winning on Hard.

Ahh thanks for the tip, I didn't know there was an extended Lap Record page, thought my fast laps in free practice had gone to waste!

Yeh, I find on hard the AI are dirty drivers, knock you from behind and such - "a bit of arjy barjy" as Murray Walker would say.

Yeh, I find on hard the AI are dirty drivers, knock you from behind and such - "a bit of arjy barjy" as Murray Walker would say.

In my experience, if the AI bump you, it's nearly always because you've made a mistake, or squeezed too hard.

Excuse me for sounding dumb, but how exactly does this setup guide and worksheet actually work? I can't make sense of it.

And could I use it for this game's PS2 equivalent?

In my experience, if the AI bump you, it's nearly always because you've made a mistake, or squeezed too hard.

I agree, except for a few special corners. Like the chicane in front of the pit lane at Imola. Best be careful there if you think a car behind you is on their pit stop 'cause they will not avoid cramming you from behind if you are breaking on the racing line. Also there are a couple of other spots where I notice I have to consciously break a little later than I would prefer to make sure I don't get shunted. By and large though the AI does a pretty dang good job of being fair.

yeh, the AI race a bit dirty on the corners. They usually brake late and a bit off the racing lane if you are in front and very early if you are behind.

Something that bothers me is that when you race with "Penalties On" manytimes you get penalized for running off the track when an AI hits you from behind or sideways.

Hi everybody

yesterday i had a bad race in nurburgring (level hard) my set up sucks

i search a good set-up for F1 CE - Nürburgring with Renault or Ferrari i need a 1:26.800 lap. post the setup if you have. regards marcos

Something that bothers me is that when you race with "Penalties On" manytimes you get penalized for running off the track when an AI hits you from behind or sideways.
Which is exactly why I race with penalties off these days.

Sorry if I come across as a DORK, but other than driving aides is there anything I can do to effect cars setup for online play. New to game.:dunce:

Sorry if I come across as a DORK, but other than driving aides is there anything I can do to effect cars setup for online play. New to game.:dunce:

No, nothing. Only we think that fuel load does effect the car, but this isnt really changeable anyway, but just try and go as long as possible with as little fuel as possible.

Hey Schumiefan v v nice set up ty tried it out and was v good but i lowered my wings to 30:30 and took nearly another second off so thanks again!

wow nice stuff. I am gonna try that set up. Bahrain is the only circuit for which I have a silver. The rest are golds. except for Nurburgring and Suzuka.

No, nothing. Only we think that fuel load does effect the car, but this isnt really changeable anyway, but just try and go as long as possible with as little fuel as possible.

I don't believe the fuel load has anything to do with your times. But in waiting til the last possible moment to pit is an advantage because of being able to run with your tire temps up to full song.

I don't believe the fuel load has anything to do with your times. But in waiting til the last possible moment to pit is an advantage because of being able to run with your tire temps up to full song.

I think your right, and thanks for clearing it up. It was someone else who said it might and I trusted them because my times online are far from consistent. So I could never compare like I would offline.

I believe it is totally the opposite. Generally, I feel the effect of the draft when I have 1 lap worth of fuel remaining. Often, I had felt the lost of traction due to tire wearing out, so I have to be gentle on the throttle on 2nd. and 3rd. gears. It messes up my second stop though because I normally finish the race with 2 or 3 laps of fuel left. Remember, all circuits are different. What works in one circuit, might be a costly mistake in another.

Last edited:
Back