Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2019Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 58 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The 2019 season draws to a close once again at the Yas Marina Circuit, in what will be the first December Grand Prix since 1964. The main titles may be decided, but it couldn't be closer in the midfield, especially in the battle for 6th place, as Pierre Gasly and Carlos Sainz are tied on 95 points, with Alexander Albon on 84 in a top car also able to take it if all goes well. Last year's race here was actually interesting for once, so let's see if we can end the season with another bonkers race like Brazil was. Let's get ready for the last race of the year, the Emirati Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
image.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
5.554km

Race Distance
305.355 km

Lap Record
1:40.279 Sebastian Vettel (2009)

Grosjean: "Something wrong happened"

Yes, yes it has, you should have lost your seat by now.

Totally agree Grosjean and Stroll particularly dont deserve to be there... Seems the ferrari cheat mode theory has been proven out after the rule clarifications... I wonder what octane the "lubricant" introduced into the ICE was... rocket fuel no doubt. Enjoyed the Monza "CARma" for Le Clerc when he failed to get his final lap in Q3 lol. Really looking forward to Max and Lewis giving it some tomorrow hopefully they get past the first corner lol

Last edited:
Russell 19th and Kubica 20th as every race this year. They can at least take solace that their Q1 times today were faster than Vettel's pole in 2010...

Don’t you just love this year’s rookie class? All extremely talented, all funny, all just genuinely nice guys.

And when was the last time the top 3 in F2 jumped up to F1 the following year?

The future is bright

Technical infringement for LeClerc will be investigated after the race :confused:

“The fuel declaration of car number 16 was checked before the car left the pit-lane,” said Bauer. “There was a significant difference between the declaration of the team and the amount of fuel inside the car.

“As this is non in compliance with [technical directive] 12-19 I am referring this matter to the stewards for their consideration.”

The stewards will investigate the infringement after the race. Leclerc will start from third place on the grid.
https://www.racefans.net/2019/12/01/leclerc-faces-investigation-over-fuel-load-discrepancy/

It sounds like Leclerc's car has come out with the wrong amount of fuel in it, which is against the regulations. Rather than disqualifying him now or giving Ferrari time to resolve the problem, the stewards are once again wasting everyone's time by leaving it to after the race to disqualify him for what everyone else agrees is a slam dunk infringement.

If there isn't enough fuel in the car, why aren't they telling Ferrari to wheel it into the garage, put more in and start from the pit lane. Now we're likely to have the ridiculous situation of Leclerc getting 3rd in the championship, only to be disqualified at some point after the race and to lose it again.

DRS not enabled due to a technical issue...technical issues all over the place

edit: Too many shenanigans without Charlie here.

Last edited:
DRS is currently disabled due to a technical issue

Ffs, they can't overtake here anyway and you take away the only hope.

The extra fuel coming in real handy for LeClerc now. They can push at higher fuel modes for longer.

So, the FIA is under investigation after the season for the breach of the enjoyiment regulations due to DRS being disabled.

It's a joke, like LeClerc's issue. Except, the DRS issue affects the racing, regardless that it was restored 18 laps in. Charles being off a tick in fuel does not. Full disclosure, I didn't watch any larger explanation as I caught the broadcast during the formation lap.

Can someone legitimately explain that reg to me a bit? I dont get it. You have a max tank size, so that can't be it. Too little fuel is irrelevant, because cars have to make weight, not to mention the issue of needing to run lean or lift and coast. Either way have a max fuel flow rate.

So, the FIA is under investigation after the season for the breach of the enjoyiment regulations due to DRS being disabled.

It's a joke, like LeClerc's issue. Except, the DRS issue affects the racing, regardless that it was restored 18 laps in. Charles being off a tick in fuel does not. Full disclosure, I didn't watch any larger explanation as I caught the broadcast during the formation lap.

Can someone legitimately explain that reg to me a bit? I dont get it. You have a max tank size, so that can't be it. Too little fuel is irrelevant, because cars have to make weight, not to mention the issue of needing to run lean or lift and coast. Either way have a max fuel flow rate.
The teams have to declare how much fuel they put in the car at the start of the race. Somehow, the amount declared and the amount in Leclerc's car are significantly different.

The teams have to declare how much fuel they put in the car at the start of the race. Somehow, the amount declared and the amount in Leclerc's car are significantly different.
That's it? Wow. (Thank you for answering) That seems like a completely irrelevant regulation to the sanctity of racing, imo.

That's it? Wow. (Thank you for answering) That seems like a completely irrelevant regulation to the sanctity of racing, imo.
It causes issues in checking the amount of fuel used. If you claim to have started with less fuel than you actually do, you could use more fuel than allowed, and they wouldn't be able to know.

Back