Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 173 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
After what has been a very long season, it's amazing to think we have reached the end of it! Max Verstappen is a deservingly dominant champion, Red Bull have taken the Constructors Championship with a commanding lead and a car the class of the field. We return to Abu Dhabi for the second time since it's complete layout overhaul. The one thing most people missed from the chaotic championship decider last season was the impossible - the Yas Marina circuit is finally good for racing and overtaking! Hopefully, without anything to fight for majorly (I know Perez and Leclerc are tied for second currently), we can finally appreciate what has been done to massively improve the action at an ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX!
image (20).png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
5.281km

Race Distance
306.183 km

Lap Record
1:26.103
Max Verstappen (2021)​

Final race for Sebastian Vettel.
Potential final race for Daniel Ricciardo and Mick Schumacher.
Probable final race for Nicholas Latifi.

Is this race going to be a sprint race too??🤔

This is on the F1 page

16686083138198519076477984115977.jpg

Edit: looks like it's beens updated so no sprint race in Abu Dhabi!

Last edited:
For once a rule change in F1 has worked.

The FP1 drivers rule has made these sessions much more interesting and given plenty of young drivers time in the spotlight in an F1 car to show off their talents. Forcing each car to give up a space has meant it is fair on all drivers in that there's no arguments over one driver having to sit out twice while the #1 in the team never sits out. As Kubica and Giovinazzi have shown, there's still plenty of scope for other drivers being allowed to take FP1 spots through the season. I love this rule and long may it be enforced.

For once a rule change in F1 has worked.

The FP1 drivers rule has made these sessions much more interesting and given plenty of young drivers time in the spotlight in an F1 car to show off their talents. Forcing each car to give up a space has meant it is fair on all drivers in that there's no arguments over one driver having to sit out twice while the #1 in the team never sits out. As Kubica and Giovinazzi have shown, there's still plenty of scope for other drivers being allowed to take FP1 spots through the season. I love this rule and long may it be enforced.
Wholeheartedly agreed here. Its really nice to see up and coming young drivers (and Kubica) showing their talent off on an official F1 session (therefore a televised one).

Odd wheel failure for GAS

Also suggestions of HAM overtaking under reds but it looks like he just had so much more speed because he was on a hot lap when he saw the boards, you can't stop instantly.

With the final quali season of the year wrapped up, here are everyone's qualifying averages for the year:

Leclerc +0.134
Verstappen +0.159
Sainz +0.270
Perez +0.536
Russell +0.867
Hamilton +0.981
Norris +1.080
Alonso +1.299
Ocon +1.416
Bottas +1.579
Ricciardo +1.707
Gasly +1.727
Tsunoda +1.786
Magnussen +1.926
Zhou +2.018
Vettel +2.036
Schumacher +2.097
Stroll +2.168
Albon +2.241
Latifi +2.881

Hulkenberg +2.281
de Vries +2.310

I hope Red Bull won't just runaway with the race tomorrow. After a season like we've had, I'm hoping for at least an entertaining race to end it.....not denying that I'd like to see Merc/Lewis get the win but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Perez vs Checo for P2 should be interesting to watch....can't wait to see how Max will help him in that race if he is the one leading the race!

So that's the first season without a pole for HAM, but still, what a run. 15 consecutive seasons, from day 1. Same for wins, unless something crazy happens tomorrow.

If everyone finishes tomorrow where they start, Red Bull wins FACC by two points. If anything at all happens to any of the top four cars and Mercedes finishes as is, Mercedes wins FACC.

I hope Red Bull won't just runaway with the race tomorrow. After a season like we've had, I'm hoping for at least an entertaining race to end it.....not denying that I'd like to see Merc/Lewis get the win but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Perez vs Checo for P2 should be interesting to watch....can't wait to see how Max will help him in that race if he is the one leading the race!
Perez only needs to finish in front of Charles. If Max gives up the win for "compensation" it would be very cringe.

The expectations I’ve been seeing from people is getting a little too pathetic, at the end of the day it’s Checo’s problem that he’s slower.

After 21 rounds, it all comes down to one race to decide, what we've been waiting for, who will be crowned 2nd in the driver's championship.

I'm just hearing echoes of Horner congratulating Vettel on the world championship.

Congratulations Sergio you are 2nd in the world championship!

I think that’s what I’ll remember most about this year. Fans whining that Max didn’t do enough to help Checo secure P2 in the WDC, even though they had the best car for at least 3/4 of the season.

I think that’s what I’ll remember most about this year. Fans whining that Max didn’t do enough to help Checo secure P2 in the WDC, even though they had the best car for at least 3/4 of the season.
The point of the argument being that Max is a selfish whiner and not a team player, plus the future ramifications it has for the team.. I mean, we all knew that anyway but hey, he loses nothing and gains, maybe, 1% credibility back by actually playing the team game and securing Red Bulls first ever 1-2 championship finish. Fortunately for him, Ferrari have done half the job already, hold station, job done.

Checo however, is out for himself now, all the 'chats' and social media kiss ups won't change his view and he will absolutely launch at turn 1.

I'm fully expecting tomorrow's race to fall into the same forgettable pit as the '09, '13, '15, '17, '18, '19, and '20 interations; but I'll be watching every second of it for Vettel, and Vettel only.

The expectations I’ve been seeing from people is getting a little too pathetic, at the end of the day it’s Checo’s problem that he’s slower.
There's no denying that Checo slower and it is his problem to finish ahead. However he would have been ahead already in the standing if it wasn't for Max so after hearing Max saying that he will help him secure that P2, aren't you the least bit curious how exactly he will do that? Help him qualify P2 is a good start, but I'm very curious as to what he'll do in the race cause that's when it really matters.

There's no denying that Checo slower and it is his problem to finish ahead. However he would have been ahead already in the standing if it wasn't for Max so after hearing Max saying that he will help him secure that P2, aren't you the least bit curious how exactly he will do that? Help him qualify P2 is a good start, but I'm very curious as to what he'll do in the race cause that's when it really matters.
As long as Leclerc is behind them then there's nothing that they/Max will need to do.

Back