Formula 1 Gran Premio del Made in Italy e Dell'Emilia-Romagna 2022Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 210 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Formula One heads to Imola for its first European race of the season, and more (less) importantly, the first Sprint Race of the season. Qualifying in Friday and a short race on the Saturday afternoon will set the grid for Sunday's Grand Prix around a circuit which produced an epic rain-affected race with incident and action aplenty. Ferrari are the team to beat, so this is looking a great chance to win for the first time in Italy since 2019, after 5 Grand Prix in the country over the last two years ending without a win. Can Red Bull banish their demons and fight back, or will their "fuel" fail again. Will the Porpoising be fixed on Mercedes yet? We'll only find out at the EMILIA-ROMAGNA GRAND PRIX!
image (3).png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
4.909km

Race Distance
309.049 km

Lap Record
1:15.484 Lewis Hamilton (2020)​

RedBull claims they found the fault in the fuelsystem, again.
Purpoising caused a thing to come loose.

Makes one wonder how teams who experience it more, handle durability.

Predictions state that it might rain during the weekend. Given that you can overtake only at the end of the straight, it could give drivers more options to overtake.

That's one hell of a name for a GP.

Summary of this years changes to sprints:

Just to be clear: the Friday qualy is used to keep the record of who got pole position, but the result of the sprint race will determine the starting grid of the race. So it's mainly a change in record keeping.

Last edited:
Albon on fire!

Bits of bodywork all over the track. Might take a bit to clean up, and still risk of punctures afterwards

Last edited:
I honestly feel like if you interrupt a session like this then you should lose your fastest time. It’s kind of ******** how someone is going to miss out on Q3 spot under these circumstances.

I honestly feel like if you interrupt a session like this then you should lose your fastest time. It’s kind of ******** how someone is going to miss out on Q3 spot under these circumstances.
They're missing out because of the weather though. In normal circumstances they'd still be running now. Just bad luck. No need to penalise already penalised cars crashing.

Last edited:
Did any of the teams make major updates for this race?
Nothing major - the most visible being Merc's turning vanes directing the air flow down into the side pods, and RB with a second element to the wing under the cockpit.

Rather messy and as a result, unexciting.

BTW is it just my streams I'm watching or has the commentary been ahead of the footage marginally for the three events this year? So many times they react to something a little bit before we actually see it.

None of the speech/interview footage seems out of sync so I have to imagine it's not a me issue?

BTW is it just my streams I'm watching or has the commentary been ahead of the footage marginally for the three events this year? So many times they react to something a little bit before we actually see it.

None of the speech/interview footage seems out of sync so I have to imagine it's not a me issue?
The audio for F1 TV goes out of sync for me all the time. But I also watch on my phone with wifi, I wish the app was available on my tv or Playstation so I can watch it with a wired connection.

The audio for F1 TV goes out of sync for me all the time. But I also watch on my phone with wifi, I wish the app was available on my tv or Playstation so I can watch it with a wired connection.
I've watched the first three races in a combination of Sky Sports F1 on TV and ahem streams, I've noticed it with them all. As I say It doesn't seem to be a sync issue, rather that somehow we're seeing the world feed about half a second to a second after the commentators are.

I didn't notice it today but it was definitely there for me for the first three races. In Australia it was really bad, it felt like the footage was about half a second behind. (F1TV)

What a **** show.

Yep. It's been annoying at times this year and it feels like it's further out of sync this weekend. The commentators reacted to Albon's explosion a second before it happened.

Using F1TV live commentary (i.e. Buxton and Palmer) it seems to be synced properly. Plus the commentary is better anyway in my opinion

Back